Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (43546 Views)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by themodernman: 9:18am On Apr 08, 2015
Asito:
there's no sense in what you just posted.

K
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by busky101(m): 9:21am On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

You really must be joking. Just to note, it's nothing wrong to be truthful for truth's sake.
me joke keh? Perhaps its because she is here in naija while chimamanda is based in the states with all the oyibo hype, its like telling your children that maradona is better than messi when the probably grew up watching messi play......all am saying is that if standd is determined, 10 years from now, chimamanda's name will be scarce on people's lips. Unless writing is just a hobby to you and nothing more @standd

4 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by darnley16(m): 9:34am On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

Yes I did smiley
All of them, they even lined up.

#Ozuru
can I lash too? sad
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by darnley16(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2015
Love your Blog tho
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 08, 2015
www.facebook.com/­profile.php?id=782096­845142377
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Bhella5(m): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2015
desmondDessi:
Nice writeup.....felt it,am a writer/poet,am facing this problem of not knowing many grammatical wordings.....the wee,I had to check on dah dictionary...help plzzzz
It comes with time and experience. The more materials you read, the more likely you are going to come across these wordings. Rome is not built in a day. Find someone to take u under his/her wings if u know what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Bhella5(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2015
themodernman:

K
Bad belle...is allowed!
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Bhella5(m): 10:01am On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

Yes I did smiley
All of them, they even lined up.

#Ozuru
OP pls what's "ozuru"? I hope it means goat coz if not here is one 'Ewure'
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Almightyperes: 10:10am On Apr 08, 2015
Thanks for the writeup, more grease to your elbow dear

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by themodernman: 10:12am On Apr 08, 2015
Bhella5:

Bad belle...is allowed!

You talk am well.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2015
darnley16:
can I lash too? sad

Why not smiley But you have to drink Acid first. Can you?

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by darnley16(m): 10:23am On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

Why not smiley But you have to drink Acid first. Can you?
like the drug LSD also known as Acid right? , in that case , No problem. ,
I love Acid by the way tho

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 08, 2015
Almightyperes:
Thanks for the writeup, more grease to your elbow dear

Thank you smiley
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 08, 2015
sweathold:
This is what I call a boring piece of story kiaaa

Thanks for commenting smiley I sweat a lot, I will contact you ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Adesiji77: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2015
Nice write-up standd. Well done smiley

Now following...

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2015
darnley16:
like the drug LSD also known as Acid right? , in that case , No problem. , I love Acid by the way tho

Lolcheesy Spoiled pikin tongue

Adesiji77:
Nice write-up standd. Well done smiley
Now following...

Thanks Siji smiley
You guys inspire me.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 08, 2015
Bhella5:

OP pls what's "ozuru"? I hope it means goat coz if not here is one 'Ewure'

Ewure is way better than Ozuru undecided Lolcheesy

busky101:
me joke keh? Perhaps its because she is here in naija while chimamanda is based in the states with all the oyibo hype, its like telling your children that maradona is better than messi when the probably grew up watching messi play......all am saying is that if standd is determined, 10 years from now, chimamanda's name will be scarce on people's lips. Unless writing is just a hobby to you and nothing more @standd

Thanks for having my back smiley I will work harder to improve on my writing. And yes, I will be better than Chimamanda if I put my mind to it.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by darnley16(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

Lolcheesy Spoiled pikin tongue

Thanks Siji smiley
You guys inspire me.
you are most welcome dear , *sips acid*
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by seuncyber(m): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2015
Nice
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 08, 2015
darnley16:
you are most welcome dear , *sips acid*

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by desmondDessi(m): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2015
Bhella5:

It comes with time and experience. The more materials you read, the more likely you are going to come across these wordings. Rome is not built in a day. Find someone to take u under his/her wings if u know what I mean.
Yeah,thanks.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by darnley16(m): 10:52am On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

cheesy cheesy grin
do you in anyway stay in portharcourt?
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2015
Coolbite:
Nice one. More power to your elbow. May your fountain source never dry up. You're surely going places. ;DNice one. More power to your elbow. May your fountain source never dry up. You're surely going places.

Thanks so much for your prayers smiley This is amazing, I am wowed. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by desmondDessi(m): 10:57am On Apr 08, 2015
donifez:

Trust me with time you will get better, Have a vade mecum...just for words and their meaning.
thanka
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2015
desmondDessi:

Yeah,thanks.

Hi smiley
I read a lot, a whole lot. I think reading is the foundation you need to get a grip on your writing skills. You learn about other peoples stories, writing styles, you develop your literary muscles by building a wealth of knowledge through reading. This way, when you write, you have a well to draw from.

I had issues with grammar too, I try to cover this up by weaving my words together in such a way that my reader gets absorbed in the story, rather than the grammar.
I am a poet( they call me rebel poet) . I just write poems, I don't know any rules or sh*t. Whenever inspiration flows, I just write.

And then there are apps on playstore that helps with sentences and syntax and grammar altogether. You should check them out.
Read more too, you will get to your desired point very soon.

4 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by SmarisAjur(f): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2015
themodernman:

I like d fact that Nairaland is mature enough to put this topics on front page in d midnight when 'em <18 will av gone to bed.
They are awake now and reading it.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 08, 2015
SmarisAjur:
They are awake now and reading it.

You have issues with that?
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 08, 2015
darnley16:
do you in anyway stay in portharcourt?

Portwhat? I am a Malian, never been to Nigeria undecided
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

goofyone, smh grin You want me to write 'formal' when I'm not Chimamanda tongue
The writing was quite too Nigerian. If you want to be better than Chimamanda, as you aspire, you'd need to write for a broader audience. #justsaying

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

The writing was quite too Nigerian. If you want to be better than Chimamanda, as you aspire, you'd need to write for a broader audience. #justsaying

I live in Nigeria, she does not. BTW, you can not limit Genius to mere geography. If I strive to be good, I will be good, however and wherever. Being better than Chimamanda does not equate being POPULAR than Chimamanda? How do we know there are no female writers better than her, but with less exposure?

Funny though, 80% of folks that read my blog do not live in Nigeria. My stats show a greater percentage from European Union followed by USA. But I chose to write this way cos that's the way I want to start...from my roots, my beginning.

Better days will come smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

A Man Worth Waiting For / Glitches / The Photographer(complete)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.