Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (43557 Views)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

I live in Nigeria, she does not. BTW, you can not limit Genius to mere geography. If I strive to be good, I will be good, however and wherever. Being better than Chimamanda does not equate being POPULAR than Chimamanda? How do we know there are no female writers better than her, but with less exposure?

Funny though, 80% of folks that read my blog do not live in Nigeria. My stats show a greater percentage from European Union followed by USA. But I chose to write this way cos that's the way I want to start...from my roots, my beginning.

Better days will come smiley

Too Nigerian? angry

I am sure you are familiar with the African writer series. They wrote like Africans and it did not stop them from becoming popular.

Achebe wrote like a Nigerian, and his book, Things fall apart is in my school's library angry

People like her who probably change every thing African about them if they had a chance to leave Africa.

Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

I live in Nigeria, she does not. BTW, you can not limit Genius to mere geography. If I strive to be good, I will be good, however and wherever. Being better than Chimamanda does not equate being POPULAR than Chimamanda? How do we know there are no female writers better than her, but with less exposure?

Funny though, 80% of folks that read my blog do not live in Nigeria. My stats show a greater percentage from European Union followed by USA. But I chose to write this way cos that's the way I want to start...from my roots, my beginning.

Better days will come smiley

I get you, standd. I'm a critic. I look at your work now, and if i were to critique it, I'll score it way below par. For general amusement, maybe, just maybe your writing is okay.

I actually do read your stuff, and some others on NL here. Don't let what the general audience tell you blind you. Most of them judge your work with bias, and that's not good. You can probably do way better than this and that's what you should aspire to.

And for me sha, Chimamanda does not set the standard. I can count female writers way better than her. You, my friend, though don't come any close to being one of them. #nohardfeelings.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Justfollowit , is your comment for me or goofyone?
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:
Justfollowit , is your comment for me or goofyone?

For both of you

Don't change your style

As for her, she can lipsrsealed
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Justfollowit:

Too Nigerian? angry

I am sure you are familiar with the African writer series. They wrote like Africans and it did not stop them from becoming popular.

Achebe wrote like a Nigerian, and his book, Things fall apart is in my school's library angry

People like her who probably change every thing African about them if they had a chance to leave Africa.

Mtcheww

Achebe wrote for a broad audience. Literature appeals way beyond borders and it takes an extra step to "sell" your stories to others who aren't aware of it. Writing with emoticons here and there though or with a dialogue lacking in flow and breadth does not qualify as broad literature.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Bellalistic:

if u cant copy nd past den Bleep off!!!, with ur wordpress blog?

Who's this one? undecided learn to be polite.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

I get you, standd. I'm a critic. I look at your work now, and if i were to critique it, I'll score it way below par. For general amusement, maybe, just maybe your writing is okay.

I actually do read your stuff, and some others on NL here. Don't let what the general audience tell you blind you. Most of them judge your work with bias, and that's not good. You can probably do way better than this and that's what you should aspire to.

And for me sha, Chimamanda does not set the standard. I can count female writers way better than her. You, my friend, though don't come any close to being one of them. #nohardfeelings.

You are right smiley If you critique my work, you will score it as YOU want....Since I do not write to suit your taste.
But then, if I write 'better' than this, who will read? You don't need to tell me you don't live in Nigeria, I know already cheesy

Just this morning, I was chatting with a friend and we still talked about the 'ridiculous' reading culture of Nigerians. Originally, I am a poet but please out of 1 ,000 Nigerians, only about 10 know what poetry is( not that they appreciate it )
So you see, most time I write so people can read and not coz I want to beat any standard.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

No please, she is just stating her view.

@justfollowit, I can't even change just yet cos my Country have not attained the reading culture of the people that made Chimamanda popular.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

Achebe wrote for a broad audience. Literature appeals way beyond borders and it takes an extra step to "sell" your stories to others who aren't aware of it. Writing with emoticons here and there though or with a dialogue lacking in flow and breadth does not qualify as broad literature.

Mtcheww undecided

Your criticism was based on how her writing is too Nigerian

What you are trying to explain now is that using emoticons and dialogue lacking in flow is a Nigerian thing, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
Bellalistic:

if u cant copy nd past den Bleep off!!!, with ur wordpress blog?

Lolcheesy Some of you can pour spit on your keypads sha. Who are you telling to bleep off grin

Stay calm and visit my blog tongue

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

No please, she is just stating her view.

@justfollowit, I can't even change just yet cos my Country have not attained the reading culture of the people that made Chimamanda popular.
I disagree

I have read some really good western books and yet there were criticisms on their sentences construction, grammar etc

Things fall apart was written by a Nigerian and it had every bit of Nigerianess in it

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

How can I be polite to someone who started his criticisms with ‘your writing is too Nigerian'. If you had stated what you wrote afterwards, there would have been no complaint.

It is an insult to label a writing too Nigerian, Standd deserves an apology from you angry

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by lilkelv(m): 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
stingy gurl wink 9ice write up

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

You are right smiley If you critique my work, you will score it as YOU want....Since I do not write to suit your taste.
But then, if I write 'better' than this, who will read? You don't need to tell me you don't live in Nigeria, I know already cheesy

Just this morning, I was chatting with a friend and we still talked about the 'ridiculous' reading culture of Nigerians. Originally, I am a poet but please out of 1 ,000 Nigerians, only about 10 know what poetry is( not that they appreciate it )
So you see, most time I write so people can read and not coz I want to beat any standard.

So, in effect, you don't want to pull your audience up. You prefer to leave them in the 'ridiculousness' that they are, and instead feed them amusement writing from your pedestal? tongue
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Justfollowit:

How can I be polite to someone who started his criticisms with ‘your writing is too Nigerian'. If you had stated what you wrote afterwards, there would have been no complaint.

It is an insult to label a writing too Nigerian, Standd deserves an apology from you angry
Just say you didn't understand what i meant and I'd have dedicated time to explain it to you. You jumped the gun.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

So, in effect, you don't want to pull your audience up. You prefer to leave them in the 'ridiculousness' that they are, and instead feed them amusement writing from your pedestal? tongue

What? Ridiculousness! What's your beef exactly? Am I spoiling the 'market' for one of yours?

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

Just say you didn't understand what i meant and I'd have dedicated time to explain it to you. You jumped the gun.

No, you were backtracking

Even I were stupid, I am definitely not that stupid

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
Justfollowit:

Please leave him be smiley I'm way past the stage where I expect everyone to 'like' me or 'like' what I do.
He can criticize all he wants, I will only give him a befitting reply when he insults.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

What? Ridiculousness! What's your beef exactly? Am I spoiling the 'market' for one of yours?

You mentioned ridiculouness and I merely borrowed your word.

standd:

Just this morning, I was chatting with a friend and we still talked about the 'ridiculous' reading culture of Nigerians.

Forget it! It's okay. This is where I get off this bus. No hard feelings.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Justfollowit:

No, you were backtracking

Even I were stupid, I am definitely not that stupid

He says if he were to rate, he had rate me below par. I say I agree with him since I don't fecking write with him on my mind. Will he stop me from writing? NO cheesy Will he stop people from reading? NO cheesy

Just let him be.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

He says if he were to rate, he had rate me below par. I say I agree with him since I don't fecking write with him on my mind. Will he stop me from writing? NO cheesy Will he stop people from reading? NO cheesy

Just let him be.

I am through with him already

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

You mentioned ridiculouness and I merely borrowed your word.

Forget it! It's okay. This is where I get off this bus. No hard feelings.

I TOTALLY understand. I am a Physicist, I don't know grammar, I have not bothered to learn. I write when I feel like writing. I am NOT your Chimamanda, I am Standd. Heck! Even Ishilove says she likes me write-ups cheesy
As for my audience, they read cos they choose to read, they can as well go to buy Chimamanda's books or whoever you have in mind. Whenever I step up, my audience will step up with me.

Don't Sweat it, thanks for your input though.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

I TOTALLY understand. I am a Physicist, I don't know grammar, I have not bothered to learn. I write when I feel like writing. I am NOT your Chimamanda, I am Standd. Heck! Even Ishilove says she likes me write-ups cheesy
As for my audience, they read cos they choose to read, they can as well go to buy Chimamanda's books or whoever you have in mind. Whenever I step up, my audience will step up with me.

Don't Sweat it, thanks for your input though.
Okay then smiley
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

This is how you criticize people and drag them down to nothing. I don't come close to them, but I will carve my Niche wherever and however I like. I will not climb my ladder from the top, this is my own beginning. Let me be, whether I fail or soar, it is really my call.

I am just being polite to you. You are not the first to denigrate without lifting up, and you won't be the last. My thread on 'Women and Self sufficiency' was rife with a Nler who came to compare my grammar with that of her NL friend, who can write grammar for Africa cheesy So, I should pack up and shut up so that your own 'friends' will reign supreme.

I hail una oh grin

6 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
standd:

This is how you criticize people and drag them down to nothing. I don't come close to them, but I will carve my Niche wherever and however I like. I will not climb my ladder from the top, this is my own beginning. Let me be, whether I fail or soar, it is really my call.
You will soar. No ill feelings towards you. I kept saying no hard feelings. But then, I'm dealing with Nigerians.

Again, no hard feelings, miss standd.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

You will soar. No ill feelings towards you. I kept saying no hard feelings. But then, I'm dealing with Nigerians.

Again, no hard feelings, miss standd.

Lolcheesy says the Togolese tongue

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrBasketball:
Nice write-up... But must we click links?
Yes! grin ha ha ha ha! Just joking.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

Nice one there!
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Amuram(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Miss.Standd, I must say I am intimidated or in this case abashed. You have inspired something in me today. I used to think writing excellently with so much skill,enough to cobble dogs with was an academic franchise enjoyed only by people who are majoring in literature or any related course. However,as I read through this excellent piece, it was apparent that it's not for literary intellects alone. I think it's about time I sought mentorship. Hopefully I will be where you're today someday. Feels nice seeing a physicist write like this. I am a budding physicist. Thanks once again,miss.Standd!

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
@Justfollowit smiley Wordpress must be wondering about my blog today eh. My stats is mind boggling...Even blog visitors from Nigeria exceeded those from USA for the first time ever. Almost 10,000 views, just today alone.

If you doubt the power of Nairaland FP, mehn, you are on a lonnnnngggggg thing cheesy

I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to click on the link provided, you guys are great. Those that left comments, to encourage me..You all inspire me. Those that said I will be better than Chimamanda and Wole Soyinka, I say yes to your good wishes for me. By Gods grace, I will get there, the pinnacle of my dreams.

I write for you, thanks for reading. You all are my inspiration smiley

God bless Nigeria
God bless GEJ cheesy
God bless Buhari grin
God bless Seun Osewa.. for this platform smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
MKO4ever:
Ok, so what now happened after the exams, was it not the same lecturer that would still mark the paper and also give scores? did you pass eventually?

Rumour has it that he did not mark, he just awarded us all an E. But who cares, E is enough oh cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

A Man Worth Waiting For / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. / The Photographer(complete)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.