Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread (7580 Views)

Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by VirginFinder: 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
I watched the news on STV(yesternight) and TVC (this morning) and nowhere was this alleged threat reported.

Some people must be up to mischief here.
And to think that some bastards are insulting the person of the Oba?

That said, is there anyone here who will swear he has never told another fellow in anger 'I'll kill you o'
Did you mean it?

Havent our parents and guardians at one point or the other uttered the statement "I'll kill you" in anger? Did they mean it?

If not for Christianity, people used to curse each other anyhow before now even though they didnt mean it.

I believe this was case with the Oba. Those statements were never supposed to be recorded. It was just a way telling the ibo leaders what they had to do and how they should vote. Afterall, it was the ibo leaders that decided to visit him.
I dont think he meant to implememt whatever he was said to have said.
It's a clear case of carrot and stick treatment.

Hence, at this trying time I urge all of us Yorubas to stand with the Oba.
The Oba is no doubt fighting for the interest of we Yorubas and deserves our full support.
Dont let us team up with strangers to denigrate/humiliate our dear Oba.

Every Yoruba should henceforth stand in defence of the Oba whenever and wherever the issue comes up.

In Yorubaland, no matter who is at fault, it is the younger person that apologises to the elder.

ibos and all non indigenes are subjects of the Oba of Lagos.
Even if they claim he has offended them, it is they that should find a way of apologising to him for all the insults they have hurled on him so far and not the other way round.

Nobody CAN/MUST force the Oba to apologise!
Never!!

Long live the Oba of Lagos.

Eko o ni baje o.

21 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by kinibigdeal(m): 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Mumu like you, what foolish solidarity, have you listen to the tape...idiot

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by DickDastardly(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Errrrm......my charity comment grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by AgentMS: 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
Long live the Oba and our taditional institution.

Some irankirans that do not have culture and tradition WILL Not be allowed to desecrate it.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by LubricatingOil: 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
May God bless Oba of Lagos. We can't allow some snakes living in our land harm us. Anyone going against Oba should drowned in lagoon.

17 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by ChristyG(f): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
VirginFinder:
I watched the news on STV(yesternight) and TVC (this morning) and nowhere was this alleged threat reported.

That said, is there anyone here who will swear he has never told another fellow in anger 'I'll kill you o'
Did you mean it?

Havent our parents and guardians at one point or the other uttered the statement "I'll kill you" in anger? Did they mean it?

If not for Christianity, people used to curse each other anyhow before now even though they didnt mean it.

I believe this was case with the Oba. Those statements were never supposed to be recorded. It was just a way telling the ibo leaders what they had to do and how they should vote. Afterall, it was the ibo leaders that decided to visit him.

The Oba is no doubt fighting for the interest of we Yorubas and deserves our full support.

Every Yoruba should henceforth stand in defence of the Oba whenever and wherever the issue comes up.

In Yorubaland, no matter who is at fault, it is the younger person that apologises to the elder.

Even if they claim he has offended them, it is they that should find a way of apologising to him for all the insults they have hurled on him so far and not the other way round.

Never!!

Eko o ni baje o.
God bless oba of lagos,he is just saying what most yorubas really feel deep down.yorubaland cannot be used for some useless 'one nigeria' experiment,when other tribes especially ibo can not reciprocate that gesture in their own land

19 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by afroxyz: 9:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Fools. Most of you here have not travelled outside Yoruba land that's why you are myopic. Have you heard of Igbos killing or victimizing other tribes in their land? Lazy thwarts that wait for others to work then you reap

9 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by ManMountain(m): 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
God bless the Obs.
He has spoken the mindset of Lagosians and yoruba at large

4 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by Boss13: 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba should come out and clear the air if he did not make the statement. Such statement can actually create tension. Obas should be apolitical and not dictating candidates.
Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by ManMountain(m): 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
afroxyz:
Fools. Most of you here have not travelled outside Yoruba land that's why you are myopic. Have you heard of Igbos killing or victimizing other tribes in their land? Lazy thwarts that wait for others to work then you reap
God punish your linage.
You think his ancestors will be happy while he stay quiet and you apes call his ancestral land as no man land.?
Anuofia.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by LubricatingOil: 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
cool cool

The only good from Southeast cool

4 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
LubricatingOil:

The only good from Southeast cool

my very good nairaland pal from the southwest. cool cheesy
Greetings to you boss! cool

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChristyG:
God bless oba of lagos,he is just saying what most yorubas really feel deep down.yorubaland cannot be used for some useless 'one nigeria' experiment,when other tribes especially ibo can not reciprocate that gesture in their own land

- support you hundred percent on this. Awon. Irankiran.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by abduljabbar4(m): 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Don't even go that far. The Oba is right. I'm not from Lagos but I know how he must have felt. Why should they win seats
In the Yoruba state after all the insults the Yorubas received during pdps campaign in the east? I hope the Oba will do what he said he would do to those that Vote agbaje. Don't they have candidates in their state? Its a golden opportunity for Lagos to stop being an opposition state but some people from ANOTHER land are trying to block it. The Oba is right Jare! Can a Yoruba or Hausa man win any position in the east?

15 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by LubricatingOil: 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
my very good nairaland pal from the southwest. cool cheesy
Greetings to you boss! cool

That your profile picture make sense die. cool

I haf miss.
Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
LubricatingOil:

That your profile picture make sense die. cool

I haf miss.
Thanks boss. grin
Am still waiting....someday...anyhow..definitely. You know what I mean. kiss wink
Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by kasiem(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
Some foolish igbos will come and blab that yorubas don't have their electoral choice anchored on tribalism. In real nigeria u don't come with idealistic sense

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by LubricatingOil: 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Thanks boss. grin
Am still waiting....someday...anyhow..definitely. You know what I mean. kiss wink

cool
Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
VirginFinder:

Did you mean it?

Never!!

Eko o ni baje o.
and i will ask u again
Being stewpid is it the only option u have in life?
Watch the video here.

Oba of Lagos Rilwan akiolu has threaten to kill all the igbos in lagos and throw them into the Lagoon if the do not vote for Apc Governorship candidiate Ambode.

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBXgM26B-Ik

Listen to the Audio recording

https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/oba-akiolu-speaks-mp3?in=chxta-bee/sets/oba-akiolu-issue

Source:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029

This stewpid oba should be dragged to ICC
Hope the international community are watching....

5 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by EdCure: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
afroxyz:

The best revenge would be for Igbos to paralyse Lagos by going to develop Abia so as to make SE more attractive to Non Igbo Nigerians.

Idiotic criminal tribe.

17 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by CyberWolf: 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba is an ediot and a deranged bastard...he should go and die.. angry

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by emiye(m): 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba was pushed to the wall with the "no mans land" comment, it is a desecration of his stool, and i feel his reaction is even belated.

I see conflict ahead ........

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Solidarity? Please dont get me angry. The Ibos have chosen to play a politics of tribalism and they will do say to the enf EVEN IF IT KILLS THEM. Maybe when we Fforcibly remove their 2 Ibo kinsmen in their 2 seats, i'll see what theyll do about it.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChristyG:

From an international observer, the igbos and pdp have scratched the surface until it bled. You cannot scratch any part of your body and expect that blood would not come up if you scratch hard enough.

One should ask first if the Oba is not important to a democratic process why then:

1. Has Jonathan and pdp been patronizing the same Obas for support of their parties in a democratic dispensation?

2. The Oba is a victim of a trap by the igbos & pdp. Why did they go to his palace for with recorders? Their pretence might have made the Oba to feel free to rant not knowing they are trapping him.

3. How many time have igbos made derogatory statements about Lagos and Yorubas being cowards and their Lagos being a no man's land? When did the Obas ever respond to that much hatred? Would the Oba have made such a statements if this Igbo group did not go to him for whatever reasons? Everything has its limit and all humans loose it when they feel disrespected.

4. Pdp, Mama Peace, Asari, Ijaw this, Ijaw that, Niger Delta this Niger Delta that have made so many statements threatening the sovereignty of Nigeria, when did the Igbos, Catholic Church, PDP release statements to condemn them? Igbos in particular seem to derive excitement from these threats, why is still strange? They applaud, encourage and insult Yorubas in particular.

In all honestly this was a provocation laced with malice, traps and vengeance. If Nigeria want to build Nigeria they need to start by respecting each other, respect goes a long way.

On the other hand now Yorubas need to stop being complacent and be reactionary. They are human beings as well they must never pretend to like something when they do not like it. As it is I think their cup is full, they are tired of being nice and this could lead to chaos because they have been holding back for a long time.

Secondly, Yorubas should be the ones who went in droves to vote but were one of the lowest states when it comes to collection of pvc's.

Now that this has happened they can't force Igbos to vote for their candidate but will need to get up and vote for their candidate if they do not and pdp wins they will be taunted by pdp and igbos until blood comes out as in this case.

Yorubas save Nigeria go vote for own to prevent future squabbles of your preferred candidate looses.

13 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by ChristyG(f): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
BluIvy:

From an international observer, the igbos and pdp have scratched the surface until it bled. You cannot scratch any part of your body and expect that blood would not cone up.

One should ask first if the Oba is not important to a democratic process why then:

1. Has Jonathan and pdp been patronizing the same Obas for support of their parties in a democratic dispensation?

2. The Oba is a victim of a trap by the igbos. Why did they go to his palace for with recorders? Their pretence might have made the Oba feel free to rant not knowing they are trapping him.

3. How many time have igbos made derogatory statements about Lagos and Yorubas being cowards and their Lagos being a no man's land? When did the Obas ever respond to that much hatred? Everything has its limit and all humans loose it when they feel disrespected.

4. Pdp, Asari, Ijaw this, Ijaw that, Niger Delta this Niger Delta that have made so many statements threatening the sovereignty of Nigeria, when did the Igbos, Catholic church, PDP release statements to condemn them?

In all honestly this was a provocation laced with malice, traps and vengeance. If Nigeria want to build Nigeria they need to start by respecting each other, respect goes a long way.

On the other hand now Yorubas need to stop being complacent and be reactionary. They are human beings as well they must never pretend to like something they do not like house as it is I think their cup is full and could lead to chaos because they have been holding back for a long time.

Secondly, Yorubas should be the ones who went in droves to vote but were one of the lowest states when it comes to collection of pvc's.

Now that this has happened they can't force Igbos to vote for their candidate but will need to get up and vote for their candidate if they do not and pdp wins they will be taunted by pdp and igbos until blood comes out as in this case.

Yorubas save Nigeria go vote for own to prevent future squabbles of your preferred candidate looses.
wow,dats another interesting angle to look at it,the problem is some yorubas who like to form liberal and passive,they are too blind to see the ibo hypocrisy.how come u know so much about nigeria and the different ethnic groups?

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by Borderless: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
ManMountain:
God bless the Obs.
He has spoken the mindset of Lagosians and yoruba at large

Spoken the mindset of Lagosians? Are Lagosians this daft?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by raumdeuter: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba is absolutely right

5 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by ManMountain(m): 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
Borderless:

Spoken the mindset of Lagosians? Are Lagosians this daft?
There will be consequences for anyone that disobey the king.
Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by OrigamiIII: 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
May God bless the Oba and long may he live. The pdp
relishes in divisive politics. Let the igbos fall for such petty antics.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by seunmsg(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
God bless you OP. No true Yoruba person will join the abuse being rained on the Oba of Lagos. The Oba of Lagos is the Eleko of Eko and the Olowo Eko. He his the spiritual head of Lagos and so has the absolute right to decide on who lead his domain. Obas in Yorubaland are Alese igba keji orisa. They are next only to gods and are beyond reproach. All those abusing him are only looking for the wrath of the gods.

And for Jimi Agbaje and his band of divisive PDP charlatans, this particular incident will be their waterloo. You can't desecrate the throne of Lagos and expect to rule Lagos. The gods of the Land are not sleeping. He will receive a very painful loss on the day of the election.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Solidarity Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
You just crown it all with this post op.

You yorubas are not worth the oxygen you breathe, thank the ibos for making lagos what it is instead of staying here spewing rubbish.

Without the igbos lagos will just be a small village where ur foolish brother smoke weed all the time.

Senseless mofos.

I say again Lagos is a no mans land and ur acclaimed king is a king in a no mans land.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It / Rochas Reported Dead / James Ngilari Remanded For N167m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.