Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos (769 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu,Fashola & Ambode / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by bugs1: 8:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Lagos State governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, and the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State, Mr Akinwumi Ambode, have assured that Lagos would remain safe and home to all ethnic groups living in the state.

The duo who spoke at separate fora in Lagos noted that their party stands for progress and would continue to create the enabling environment for all the residents to achieve their dreams irrespective of where they hail from.

Ambode said, “Every group in Lagos will be safe in my hands as governor. I will not discriminate against any religious or ethnic group. It is our Lagos and we must build it together.

“In my acceptance speech after the primaries, I made a pledge that I will be a governor for all and Lagos is safe in my hands. I want to build on the foundation of unity, peace, progress and development laid by my predecessors.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/04/fashola-ambode-assure-of-safety-of-all-tribes-in-lagos/
Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu spoke out of line for a king. A noble mind should address issues with wisdom. However, one can sense his desperation in these sensitive times, and no king of any kingdom (even the Igbo kings) wouldn't have done likewise or even worse.

Yorubas have an adage that says awolumate o mowon ara re meaning a stranger who doesn't enter into trouble in a strange land, knows and respects his bounds. This is why you'll never hear of yorubas defiance in another land.

The igbos regarding Lagos as no man's land is a terrible insult on the royalty of Lagos. This is what yorubas will never do in Anambra or Abia

I am of the opinion that the Igbo should thread very carefully, no matter what you say, Lagos is the Yoruba's - and if things get too heated up we will know who owns the land. Yoruba have been tagged the most cowardly in Nigeria, this isn't true when war finally starts. You can ask the hausas in sagamu what happened in 1999.

Even jimi agbaje needs to watch it dearly not to be exile.

All I'm saying to the mature Igbo minds is that these monarchs are much more than you think. They appease the gods of their lands with so much for tranquility, they can also invoke certain disastrous events. Don't start crying when your markets starts going up flames or your people start getting missing

YOU CAN NEVER WIN THE WAR WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HIS OWN LAND

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by sunkoye: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2015
wisdom is supreme.

my igbo brothers should weigh their options very well. the election can go either way and it will always be a win win for the yorubas in lagos. But trust me, it will be a loose loose for the Igbos if they vote En-block for a particular guber-aspirant.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by Texcoco(m): 8:41am On Apr 07, 2015
sunkoye:
wisdom is supreme.

my igbo brothers should weigh their options very well. the election can go either way and it will always be a win win for the yorubas in lagos. But trust me, it will be a loose loose for the Igbos if they vote En-block for a particular guber-aspirant.
It will also be a lose lose for the yorubas if they victimise or blackmail however the igbos vote en-block in this democracy...Remember we have yorubas in the east,an eye for an eye,a tooth for tooth...
Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
It will also be a lose lose for the yorubas if they victimise or blackmail however the igbos vote en-block in this democracy...Remember we have yorubas in the east,an eye for an eye,a tooth for tooth...
Yeye man,how man Yorubas are in the east?Maybe 1 in 20 igbos running to the west for survival.
Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by olupops(f): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
Oba Akiolu spoke out of line for a king. A noble mind should address issues with wisdom. However, one can sense his desperation in these sensitive times, and no king of any kingdom (even the Igbo kings) wouldn't have done likewise or even worse.

Yorubas have an adage that says awolumate o mowon ara re meaning a stranger who doesn't enter into trouble in a strange land, knows and respects his bounds. This is why you'll never hear of yorubas defiance in another land.

The igbos regarding Lagos as no man's land is a terrible insult on the royalty of Lagos. This is what yorubas will never do in Anambra or Abia

I am of the opinion that the Igbo should thread very carefully, no matter what you say, Lagos is the Yoruba's - and if things get too heated up we will know who owns the land. Yoruba have been tagged the most cowardly in Nigeria, this isn't true when war finally starts. You can ask the hausas in sagamu what happened in 1999.

Even jimi agbaje needs to watch it dearly not to be exile.

All I'm saying to the mature Igbo minds is that these monarchs are much more than you think. They appease the gods of their lands with so much for tranquility, they can also invoke certain disastrous events. Don't start crying when your markets starts going up flames or your people start getting missing

YOU CAN NEVER WIN THE WAR WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HIS OWN LAND
because of what u said I will vote Jk . U guys are known cawards
Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by Texcoco(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:

Yeye man,how man Yorubas are in the east?Maybe 1 in 20 igbos running to the west for survival.
It doesn't matter how many,so long there is one yoruba even one youth corper in the east then tis enough for us to deal with and show you how we will deal with hausa reprisal killings....enough said.
Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
It doesn't matter how many,so long there is one yoruba even one youth corper in the east then tis enough for us to deal with and show you how we will deal with hausa reprisal killings....enough said.
Hausa dey kill una everyday una no do anything.
Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by Texcoco(m): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:

Hausa dey kill una everyday una no do anything.
Ask them why dem run before this presidential election from SE,na?
Re: Fashola, Ambode Assure Of Safety Of All Tribes In Lagos by tunergy(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
sunkoye:
wisdom is supreme.

After all said and done, the reality is clear. Many will be disappointed and the true picture will e made clear. post may 29th awaits all.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest In Final Onslaught / Check Out This Amazing Creative Photo / Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), A Rip-off On Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.