Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats (52777 Views)

"Let Them Protest": Oby Ezekwesili On 2face Led Planned Protest / Charly Boy & Oby Ezekwesili In Adorable Selfie As Both Set To Empower Youths / Bukky Ajayi Visited By Kate Henshaw, Rita Dominic And Joke Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by contactmorak: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oby Ezekwesili reacted to the audio tape of the Oba of Lagos,threathening Igbo's. She said she was shocked that people were clapping while the Oba spoke..
Respected Nollywood actress,Joke Silva replied her, saying that means the Igbo leaders understood the context. In essence,they knew the OBA didn't mean those words to be taken as threats.

Oby then told her,there is no justification for those statements. What do you think?

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/04/oby-ezekwesili-joke-silva-divided-over.html

1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by dhardline(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Every sane person knows the statement was wrong.You cant come out and cry over the killings done by boko haram and then turn around to support genocide of a particular ethnic group, it simple puts you on the same level with them.

183 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Maccoy1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by silverdam(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maccoy1:
People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

Oba and Ambode are two different people not related by blood or marriage.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.

208 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Larrey(f): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.
lovely comment so far

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Tekzyflex(m): 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
PEJ made a lot of inflammatory statements that effected her husband's re-election bid and her husband was hated for not being able to caution his wife. I think this election will be very difficult for Ambo because the Oba has just spoilt his election bid.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Mariojane(f): 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
you all are taking paracetamol over someone else headache. cant this story just die down and Nigerians live as one?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nutase: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
This is a very silly comment oga blogger. I have loads of respect for you but this is poo. Was he angry with them because they voted according to their beliefs? Is he their father or their conscience that he should dictate how they should vote? The beauty of democracy is in the freedom of choosing your leaders. Democracy is a game of numbers not a game of intimidation and bitterness. If GEJ was like him this country would have been burnt down.
If God almighty who has all the power in the universe does not force us to do what he wants then nobody including a power drunk mortal should not even attempt it.

311 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?

34 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by sorepco(m): 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
i heard the claps...but they were coming from the front, where the oba was standing. those were his aides clapping. if you noticed, the claps were brief and short. those amount of people cant be sat and you get the feeling oly about 3 persons clapped!! how can i clap in a meeting where my death is being discussed??

dhardline:
Every sane person knows the statement was wrong.You cant come out and cry over the killings done by boko haram and then turn around to support genocide of a particular ethnic group, it simple puts you on the same level with them.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by sorepco(m): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
lovely comment? instigating people to murder is now a lovely comment?? even the emirs i the north ever said such about ibos...even if they did, not openly. we should not also forget that there were people who tried to rationalize that maniac hitler...

Larrey:
lovely comment so far

39 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by sorepco(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
what if those ibos were apc supporters? you want them to cry?

Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Buhari will retire this women to their husbands kitchen. just a few more days before they are reminded were they belong in a muslim world

6 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by dridowu: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
I am sick and tired of ds Oba Akiolu issue, if u don't like Ambode then vote Agbaje or anyone else but as for me i am voting Ambode as the next governor of Lagos state

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by esther1994(f): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:

Nice omment.

7 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ochejoseph(m): 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
There is simply no reason that is weighty enough to justify the comments made by the Oba!

Mama Joke should just Lie low and forget she tweeted that stuff, on this one Oby is right!

We wish lagosians all the best as they come out on Saturday to cast their Votes!

God Bless Nigeria

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by sholay2011(m): 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Joke Silva is right.

12 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is the most over-flogged issue on NL, really.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Atlantian: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hundreds of thousands of Igbos who traveled for Easter are back, that number will tilt the already PDP averaged votes in favor of Agbaje. Jimi is a better Yoruba man than Oba and his army of tribalistic Fashola and crew.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Defcon1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maccoy1:
Not a chance.
He will win ( not like I care), but it would take a miracle for Tinubu to lose in his own backyard after his unprecedented achievement at the centre
Ambode will win...by hook or arrow.
Pity.

8 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by thelastmediator: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:

Spot on. I will urge one of the Igbo leaders in the meeting to come and clarify the situation because I find it difficult to comprehend the applauding after the statement.

7 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by CR77(f): 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu since yesterday the Oba go get sleepless night

But this Oba lack common sense

Anyway na old age

22 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by alaladakosta(f): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oyaa
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Agent8706(m): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chai! see what an Oba has caused now! *grabs mic*...*in JEGA's Voice* Oba please let us be careful of what we say or do so that we do not disrupt a process that has ended peacefully

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ozoigbondu: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
lgbos will vote JK and take a swim in d lagoon........who doesn't like swimmimg

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by 2sureguy1(m): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oba saga everywhere...........Joke Silva a Joker

7 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by adorablepepple(f): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Relax ladies

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by mcdokwe(m): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
The Oba took it too far. Agreed!

But this wouldn't have generated as much heat if we understood ourselves to be one. Whatever the Oba said wouldn't have been taken seriously no matter the context if we saw ourselves and lived as one.

I remember I used to tell my Daddy things that I dare not tell others for the fear of being misunderstood. I call my friends names I dare not call mere acquaintances and it is seen as nothing.

Unfortunately politicians are going to blow this out of proportion to sway emotions and votes.

6 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by sophtaf(f): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
True sha
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by tolustx(m): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015

So dis oba think say he can just dictate who lagosians go vote for abi? He think say d matter of election n like dat of d oracle wey dem dey consult to appoint kings.
He shud go and ask d numerous clerics who predicted or prophesied victory for GEJ.
Rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by aristocrazzy: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
That one no concern me all I know is that APC will win in lagos.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stephen Muoka Behind Viral ‘Eluu P' Song, Obidient Anthem Crooner / Ini Edo, Praiz, Denrele And Others Goof Around After Getting Stuck At Airport / Naira Marley Brought Mompha On Stage At A Concert (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.