Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (18976 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by kolonigga(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Please no insults be matured
Thanks

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by akinboyepelumi1: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
I partially agree with you but believe me it is not a good idea. It is only the State of Origin that remind some people that they are actually from a particular state.

I came across a girl some years back who called her dad to ask of her state of origin, You can imagine that! Am talking about a girl of about 21years old.

In Unity, well, fine but in another way round let's leave it that way.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Lordtrillion(m): 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Me too oh coz this tribalism stuff is taking another new dimension recently

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Elslim: 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
YES

Dats d only way we can end tribalism in dis con3. See what is happening in lagos now.. not good at all

Cancel state of Origin... we r all Nigerians!

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Sweetguy25: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigeria is a dead country. Whats the point?

12 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by spott(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
I support this move. State of origin is dividing us the more. It is not like this in other countries.

Hit like if u support this n share if u don't

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by AgentMS: 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is Africa where people have eternal allegiance and spiritual connections to their forefathers land. Just like Europe and Asia.

State of Residence and Place of birth can never see the light of day, talkless of working

Even Europeans have strong allegiance to their land. That is why a Welsh is forever one and Scottish is one and a German will not trade a grain of its soil. That is having pride in your ancestral lineage.

Only America, Canada and Australia can have state of residence or place of birth because they are a migrant country.

Nigeria is not a migrant country. Likewise Africa, Europe and Asia.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmm...
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by simpleseyi: 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
My brother, but who will remove state of origin from our brain. If your name is Chukwudi Okorocha, you cannot tell me that you are from the South West even if your mother is Yoruba but your dad is Ibo, I still see you as Omo Igbo, same way Ibos see Yorubas.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by REDshouse(m): 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
now you visit an office and all you could see are igbo cos most of them see their self as brothers even if they dnt even kbow each other before............... there will never be equity and balance in the system....it will later leads to chaos and more tribal war in a country filled with enough tribal war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Missy89(f): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
NO.

State of Origin should stay.

akoko for akoko people cool

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Mization(m): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Missy89:
NO.

State of Origin should stay.

akoko for akoko people cool

Yes Ma'am. I followed u cos of ur rich posts and most importantly cos u're from Akoko. Am proudly Ikare Akoko too.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by CR77(f): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Let me ask google.ng

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by 2sureguy1(m): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yeah, I fink they sud....................den we'll av one 9ja.....................#sayno2tribalism#

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by adorablepepple(f): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes n No
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by tempem: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes!
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Pebcak: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by tolustx(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Texcoco(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes...
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by adorablepepple(f): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
It should be optional, not compulsory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by januzaj(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Noooooo
It can never end tribalism
if you go north if muhammed no dey your name
if you go ss if ikechukwu no dey your name
if you go sw if adewale no dey your name
na d same result with state of origin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by asdfjklhaha(f): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
You name will still give u away. And someone wuld be able to tell where you're from by your traditional name or surname. We just hav to embrace peace cos that's d only way nigeria can survive.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by MKO4ever(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
If they try it
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by babs01(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
No jor some nonentity already claiming Lagos state. If u try it u will see togolese, cameroonian, niger, cotonuo all claiming Nigerian

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by dipopooo(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
NOOOOO. Flatees and Ab○ki have already divided Nigeria. Flateees voted for GEJ simply bcoz he's frm their axis , Gamb○ri also voted for GMB simply bcoz he's one of dem. Now tell me where Mr unity is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes, if it will help eradicate the cankerworm of tribalism
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by englishmart(m): 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
this is why a friend had to change his state of origin to kaduna, just to gain admission at ABU
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by ozoigbondu: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes it should be state of residence
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by haibe(m): 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes they should please . I have been waiting for this. The idea of state of origin causes tribal wars and is useless because most people haven't even visited their so called state of origin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nicholas Ukachukwu Acceptance Speech After Defeating Bianca At APGA Primaries / FFK: The Truth About Lekki Toll Gate Will Be Exposed When Buhari Leaves Office / Anambra Guber: INEC Expresses Fear Over IPOB Week-Long Sit-At-Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.