Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke (25039 Views)

Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by gistyinka(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pat Utomi has come out to defend the Oba of Lagos on his alleged threat to life of Igbos in Lagos. The renowned political economist told
Nigerians on Twitter that if they knew the Oba they would have known he only made the statement out of jest and never me...

http://gistyinka.net/matter-arising-he-says-worse-to-me-pat-utomi-defend-the-oba-of-lagos-provacative-comment/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by gistyinka(m): 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
He further defend him..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ozoigbondu: 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is a very expensive joke from a jester and tout turned oba.This Joke can lead to war with numerous casualities.Numerous tribalistic threads has been created because of this joke.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ozoigbondu: 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
The damage has already been done this is a very poor attempt at damage control.lf Ambode loses on saturday APC knows who to hold responsible

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Fairgodwin(m): 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
At this very sensitive moment that we found ourselves, he wasn't supposed to make such jokes. They were too expensive and taken too far.
Meanwhile it wasn't a joke, because if it were, the Oba would have even said so way before now.
Pat Utomi is a wise man, as you all can see, he's only trying to calm the situation and take the attention away from the Oba. I am also only speaking for my Igbo brothers.
Meanwhile, #swimming tinz activated# #lagoon on my mind#

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ayobase(m): 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
well well.....we can say PEJ as well was joking with the Northerners.

I shouldn't be surprised if life jacket biz is now trending over there in Lag. God do surely bless the hustle.

I just love naija. nothing fit weigh us down. we make opportunities from an opportunity.

N.B
Pls make all my Igbo friends stay away from any form of
water (may it be swimming pool, bath tub, gutter,
ogbara, cup of water and what have you) come Saturday.
God shall watch over us all and surprise our enemies. We
shall not hear stories that touch the bone.

#edited

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by lolababe331e: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
When you listen to the audio below you will agree with him. Clearly the Igbo leaders were laughing and cracking jokes with the Oba after his speech and promising allegiance to him

https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/eze-ndi-igbo-response-mp3

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ChinemeOkpan: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
I said the same yesterday and I got over 50 mentions. Most of them abusing and cursing

It is important that you look at the video to understand his statement contextually. The Igbo leaders there were laughing and smiling, they wont have done so if they felt threatened.

You need to see the response of Igbos on twitter to Pat Utomi's tweets
, they have been cursing since morning.

Una go tire and on Monday you will wake up to a brand new shinny Governor- Mr Ambode cheesy cheesy

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by khalleb(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
you are not just educated you are very very inteligent and you just proved it
the video shows it that its all jesting even the Igbo's that were there are just laughing that shows its just saying it for talking sake

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nokiae5: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
grin mr pat in"pete edochie voice" obu kwa expensive joke

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Mization(m): 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
The Aba Monarch that almost got dethrone for honouring GMB, was that not tribalism too? , When some peeps from SS and SE were making offensive remarks "Stone APC people" most people kept quiet.

The Oba made a bad statement and we have condemned it but why call him names and instigate violence?

After all the noise, a photo of the Oba and Igbo leaders in Lagos will emerge, we will then keep quiet and move to the next topic.

Note: Ben Akabueze is an Igbo man and he's the longest serving commissioner in Lagos State in charge of finance, Budget and planning.

24 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by NaMe4: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin

Oga, e Don do. No go burst an artery. Leave Igbo pipu matter Abeg! Since yesterday, haba!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by 2thpick: 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Bottom line - its the tradition of Yoruba to respect and love. #letsstoptribalism #1Nigeria one man's statement does not represent the idea of a tribe

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by DonaldGenes(m): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Reading Pat's tweet with a hidden Cane behind my back*

8 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Tattooboy: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nokiae5:
grin mr pat in"pete edochie voice" obu kwa expensive joke
very expensive my brother
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Deltagiant: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pat, Mr. Akiolu could tell you all that gibberish in your private discussions, but not when he invited a group of Igbo leaders and furiously threatened them as the video depicted. It was an expensive joke to the extent that he must apologise for it, biko!

4 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by geedeex2(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Prof pat utomi stop that thing you're saying and call a spade a spade. The oba won't be kidding with that statement is he JK? although it was born out of serious rage from past utterances of some people even agbaje himself telling igbos he will elevate them to the level of the oba, Shoro niyen?

6 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Jk210(f): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
A joke? No wonder the Igbo chiefs where laughing

They must have been used to his crude way of jesting and not taken him seriously. Hope he's learnt his lesson on how not to joke.

Also shame on PDP for quickly latching on and politicizing the issue. To garner votes, they didn't care if Lagos burned.

5 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Montaque(m): 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
I was shocked to see his take on the matter this afternoon.
What interest is he tryiing to protect, same with Obyezeks.
Oby that should start twitter-screaming now that we are not yet drowned in the lagoon, or will she wait to "Bring back" after the deed has been done.
As for Prof., I was disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by paulolee(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
kk... pat utomi defend d Oba means dt wi all shud defend d Oba abi??
all dis apc Peps self eeh
wen FFK, Fayose n PEJ was ranting wrubbish, u wr quick to throw stones oo
abeg click like for abaje n shares for J.K

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ThisMeansWAR: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Every sane individual knows that but the pdp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Why
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by UnknownT: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Someone needs a government appointment in the next government

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Hollawaley(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
bajinatu kan for igbos
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Anugod(f): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by oliy24(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
o
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / Timeline Of Events That Led To The Current Shiites Revolution (2007-2019) / Atiku, Saraki React To Twitter Restoration In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.