Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,250 members, 7,780,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:46 PM

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone (142659 Views)

6 Ways Your Bank Account Can Be Hacked / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by dlux: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Online Banking offers flexibility in the way transactions are done. Before you go to the ATM to
either withdraw cash or confirm a payment you can actually check your account balance. For some
reason, alerts do not always show up. Sometimes we receive them quite late.
here is a list of some Nigerian Banks and how you can check your account balance via sms

1. Diamond Bank: - 1. Make sure you have your diamond debit card number.
2. Dial 0700-300-0000 and follow the voice prompt
3. Press 1 to select the account balance option
4. Enter your 16 digit debit card number followed by #
5. Upon pressing the # key, the system will prompt you to enter your 4 digit Self Service code (this has been sent via SMS from Diamond to your registered phone number)
6. You will be required to change your Self Service code to any 4 digit code of your choice
7. As soon as you have changed the code, your account balance for the account tied to your card will be announced to you.
8. You can also decide to request for your account balance to be sent to your registered phone number instantly via SMS by following the voice prompt.

2. GTBANK - To check for balances on any off your accounts, all you need to do is simply dial; *737*6*1# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen prompts. Also, to Transfer Data, Airtime or funds, simply dial *737#
Alternatively to check your balance, simply send an sms in this format: Bal (Space) Nuban Account Number to 08100550000
i.e Bal (Space) Account Number to 08100550000. Wait for a response.

For other Banks, i will update you soonest as you have to register online or grant permission from your
Bank for this feature. Not to worry you can also check your Balance using Glo Magic Plus using the following steps;

1 Go to your phone Menu, select "Magic Plus" (Globacom users)

2. Under this menu select "M-Banking"

3. Use the display options from your phone such as "my phone bank".

4. Now scroll to "My Bank"

5. You will receive a list of options like check balance, statements, recharge, change passcode etc.

6. Click on the "check balance" option

7. The next display should be "bank" with a space simply enter your bank name E.g FirstBank as (FBN), EcoBank (ECB)
Access Bank (ASB), Skye Bank (SKYB), United Bank for Africa (UBA) etc.

8. Select your Account type "Savings" or "Current" and press OK
(Please note: Most domiciliary accounts a current accounts)

9. Your Phone will demand for a "passcode"
Usually your ATM pin or you can generate a passcode yourself.

10. Wait as your request is being processed. It may take a while.

11. A confirmation message will be sent to your phone showing the following;
Name, Surname, Date your account was created, your last withdrawal and your balance.

Charges depends on Globacom

Emeka Bethel
For http://gtbensmag.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by hassan4: 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
very cool
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Francon(f): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2016
This doesn't sound genuine. Try it at your own risk
lipsrsealed
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Meritmanagers(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2016
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2016
Don't think of trying this !!!!!!
You're sending your pin and account number to an Unknown mobile number.
You want your Atm Card to be a duplicate :p
Anyway : Try at your own risk
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Iny3(m): 10:55am On Oct 16, 2016
Please Please and Please Nairalanders.....RUN as far away as you can from this kinda trap.

I smell foul play here
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by prodam(m): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2016
For GTB:

It is *737*6*1# and nothing more.

http://www.gtbank.com/737/

http://naijayouthonpoint..com.ng | Empowering The Nigerian Youth

3 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by doingood: 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
It's confirm scam!
He's a Yahoo boy
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by sdavirus: 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
And people are saying cool?!!!! May whatever the OP believes in, strike his ass. God and Satan punish you together.
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Francon(f): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
He's already sending me email like they are from diamond bank. It looks so real. Oga poster, I'm not A diamond bank user. You can't get me. Na this one I take catch you. Stop sending me mails. If you do, you will die quickly. Idiot.
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by tbliss22(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
Lolz thank God Nigerians are smart now and can detect SCAM from a distance. Let me tell you SCAMMERs are strategizing on per seconds bases seeking for how to earn a living defrauding gullible Nigerians.

Let me share some of their latest tricks;

1. They will send text messages telling you that your BVN registration is not successful, that you should forward your details or call some crazy numbers to retrieve your BVN details. Please ask those fools to state the particular bank linking the BVN, they won't be able to.

2. They will send you emails with some kind of pretty ladies saying the lady is in a refugee camp in somalia, that she needs your help with her dead parent's funds to be transfered to you from there and she will love to come stay with you after the transfer is executed. You know my response to such mails?? "God will punish you and everyone playing with my intelligence"

Finally, my fellow Nigerians stay at alert the boys are really HUNGRY seeking for who to DEFRAUD.

Shalom
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by dlux: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
How on earth can this be scam when its your phone and mobile number which is registered. You guys lack exposure. conform from your bank please. SMH
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by dlux: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
sdavirus:
And people are saying cool?!!!! May whatever the OP believes in, strike his ass. God and Satan punish you together.
devil in particular punish you
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by dlux: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
Francon:
He's already sending me email like they are from diamond bank. It looks so real. Oga poster, I'm not A diamond bank user. You can't get me. Na this one I take catch you. Stop sending me mails. If you do, you will die quickly. Idiot.
Please stop lying against someone just to derail his thread. Post the email i sent you as a snap chat to prove. What's all this mess about? I run a legit blog and business online. FOOLS!
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by ultrazone(m): 4:05am On Oct 25, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Francon(f): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2016
dlux:

Please stop lying against someone just to derail his thread. Post the email i sent you as a snap chat to prove. What's all this mess about? I run a legit blog and business online. FOOLS!

You are actually the fool here. why will someone have to try this to make a transaction. Upgrade your scamming skills. The GTB number is so inncorrect. SMH

1. Diamond Bank: - sms 'PIN.BALANCE.ACCNO' to 0803535 4177 or 08035354301. (no spacing)
(ATM Pin, Balance, Nuban Account number)
Regular sms charge. N4.00

2. GTBANK - sms PHONE Number (SPACE) Nuban Account Number to 08076665555
Please not: Must be the phone number you used for setting up the account and your NUBAN account number.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Francon(f): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2016
lol

Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by dlux: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
Francon:

You are actually the fool here. why will someone have to try this to make a transaction. Upgrade your scamming skills. The GTB number is so inncorrect. SMH

1. Diamond Bank: - sms 'PIN.BALANCE.ACCNO' to 0803535 4177 or 08035354301. (no spacing)

Please not: Must be the phone number you used for setting up the account and your NUBAN account number.

Well if you had respect for your ancestors i would reply your insults but obviously you belong in the kitchen and the other room. My only pity falls for the fool who'd desire you enough to wreck his life in a boyfriend or husband.
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by sdavirus: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2016
Francon:

Leave that guy that is not educated enough to know how to attempt a successful hit. You are far superior to him in all aspects, obviously.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by baridamben(m): 8:09am On Jan 11, 2017
Francon:
This doesn't sound genuine. Try it at your own risk
lipsrsealed
How, please explain. Everything looks genuine to me.
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by baridamben(m): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2017
Mrnothing:
Don't think of trying this !!!!!!

You're sending your pin and account number to an Unknown mobile number.

You want your Atm Card to be a duplicate :p

Anyway : Try at your own risk
He didn't ask anyone to send pin to any unknown number. The problem with ignorance is that it fools you into unnecessary suspicion, acting to be clever when we're actually dumb. It is people like you who end up falling prey to fraudster, because you can't differentiate between what is genuine and what is fake.
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by Dclique(m): 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone by KnowMore: 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.