Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,846 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy (52342 Views)

My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan / Breaking News: Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Mobilize For Agbaje. / Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by bettercreature(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2015

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
I have read this Oba/Igbo squabbles and I feel so irritated that the revered royal stool is being denigrated. What Kabiyesi Akiolu said was inappriopriate and uncalled for but we shouldn't allow that to be a platform to insult the Oba. If not for his age but for the seat he occupies. No catholic will be happy to see the Pope insulted neither will a Bini son smile when Oba of Benin is abused. We should try to refrain ourselves from causing more damage. Open confrontation is not the best way to douse the situation.

Vote Mr Jimi Agbaje(Lagos)
Vote Nyesome Wike(Rivers)
Vote Captain Iheanacho(Imo/APGA)

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle.

For those who say Fashola repatriated some Igbos...I ask...What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.

385 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
I said this earlier.

The Oba said Jimi is his relative.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Ilekeh(f): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Wouldn't surprise me. PDP always use Igbos' tribal sentiments as a divisive tool.

During the presidential election, PDP posted the "Buhari jailed Ojukwu" ad in newspapers, even tho Buhari and Ojukwu became friends before Ojukwuw's death....but guess who fell for it.

Who falls for tribal politics in Nigeria?

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by madridguy(m): 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Well said...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by oneeast: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
As an analyst we just confirmed that the Oba is covertly working for JK. He made those comments knowing exactly how Igbos will react to that, knowing fully well that it will be counterproductive for Ambode.

Another painful part is why did the Oba make such a devastating comment on behalf of APC just at the eve of election? APC should investigate the Oba.

Remember the Oba was a former police officer so he knows the drill.

JK coasting home to victory. cheesy

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by sweettease(f): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tah.... Don jazzy just stop it, why are you trying to change it? angry

30 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by madridguy(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Good of You......God bless you with this insightful message.

soe:
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, peaceful and greater opportunities Lagos. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomu, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle
Comment

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by bettercreature(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
This guys can think and they don't trust anybody that's why they are rich
I pity those who refuse to believe Don Jassy
I dont even know how they are going to get rich

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Mamatee07: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Don Jazzy is smart o

Truly the whole thing was like a show. How can an Oba say such especially since he clearly knew there were journalists in the room. I dey suspect too

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by sweettease(f): 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
soe:
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, peaceful and greater opportunities Lagos. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomu, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle
Comment
One Lagos? Please... There is segregation in Lagos, there has always been. Where have you been?

Please, nobody should quote me about being unfair, I made this to drive a point, that Jk isn't the cause of segregation in Lagos as opposed to what the post I quoted suggested.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by arsetalks(m): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ilekeh:
Wouldn't surprise me. PDP always use Igbos' tribal sentiments as a divisive tool.

During the presidential election, PDP posted the "Buhari jailed Ojukwu" ad in newspapers, even tho Buhari and Ojukwu became friends before Ojukwuw's death....but guess who fell for it.

we know them and once it backfires as it always does, they then turn back and play victim when they themselves are their own enemies.

Let them continue in their victim mentality. We will see how far that will go.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by lolababe331e: 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Me sef I dey suspect, how convenient for the Oba to say such just a week to elections shocked in front of cameras When he no be MUMu. The whole thing is not straight forward

16 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by arsetalks(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweettease:

One Lagos? Please... There is segregation in Lagos, there has always been. Where have you been?
I have been in Lagos since 1998, I have not seen such but I am not surprised at your outburst, it is all part of the "we are the victim" mentality.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
If Don Jazzy no get sense, him for done end up like D'banj. In other words, he is smart enough to know that this may be a game.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by aderonila18: 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Don Jazzy get brain. The whole thing is shady

Mods Abeg front page

22 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
I wonder how ridiculous it sounds not supporting your blood relation and supporting someone who isn't related to you.

Oba Rilwan is not been truthful.

27 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by sweettease(f): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
arsetalks:
I have been in Lagos since 1998, I have not seen such but I am not surprised at your outburst, it is all part of the "we are the victim" mentality.
Nahhh, I was born in Lagos and I had my primary and secondary education in Lagos and I'm currently working in Lagos. In Lagos, we have Yoruba and other tribes, and I have experienced segregation, it's nothing personal, just stating experiences I've witnessed.

Please, nobody should quote me about being unfair, I made this to drive a point, that Jk isn't the cause of segregation in Lagos as opposed to what the post I quoted suggested.

12 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Yeske2(m): 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
soe:
Comment
Well said

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by januzaj(m): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
ambode all d way

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by aderonila18: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
It seems many Igbos have seen through whatever it was. These are pictures of Ambode with Igbo traders and leaders today

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Ilekeh(f): 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I wonder how ridiculous it sounds not supporting your blood relation and supporting someone who isn't related to you.

Oba Rilwan is not been truthful.

If I find out that the Oba sold Lagos in this disrespectful and utterly shameful manner........ my respect for Oba Eko is out of the window.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maybe, maybe not!
Those men pictured with ambode are not smiling o.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

They don't seem to understand they are fading into oblivion in the world of politics.
Even the SS has produced a president.
To them its all about hatred for other tribes and how superior they are with their pride and arrogance.
While reality which they have lost the slightest contact with, proves the opposite!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweettease:

Are your asses glued to Lagos?
If you're so obsessed with coastal areas why not go to Port-harcourt?
If you love cities so much, Abuja is a city too!
Why kill yourself over Lagos?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

If I find out that the Oba sold Lagos in this disrespectful and utterly shameful manner........ my respect for Oba Eko is out of the window.
he actually said it. The news is everywhere.
Everything is just so wrong with his comment.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by sweettease(f): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
jaysniggs:

Are your asses glued to Lagos?
If you're so obsessed with coastal areas why not go to Port-harcourt?
If you love cities so much, Abuja is a city too!
Why kill yourself over Lagos?
What is this one saying? undecided
Read the post I replied and get out of my face abeg.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweettease:

What is this one saying? undecided
Read the post I replied and get out of my face abeg.

You talked about segregation!
And I think if something or somewhere doesn't benefit an individual or a group the best thing to do is to leave it.
Have you lost your comprehensive cognitives darling?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by AustineE1: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
soe:
Comment
just may be you are not as smart as you think you are,after your long epistle,you didnt deem it necessary to condemn your Oba who sowed the seed of discord but you ended up blaming it on the door steps of Jimi Agbaje,as if Jimi is not a yoruba man and full blood Lagosian.For your informatn,your Tinubu and Fashola started this tribalism with their obnoxious laws that are Fashioned to go against non-indigenes,including the infamous deportation of Igbos.Pls save us your preaching and learn to call 'a spade a spade'!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by abduljabbar8: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
That's the first thing that came into my mind
Click like for Ambode
Click share for the other candidate

94 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Ambassadors Sacked By President Buhari / Gambari, Adamu, Ministers Visit Tinubu In Lagos (Photos) / Pete Edochie & Other Nollywood Stars Campaign For Pdp In Imo(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.