Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:31 PM

Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women (23703 Views)

Black Woman, Her White Husband & Their Child (Photos Go Viral) / Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook / Light Skin Black Women Discriminating Against Dark Skinned Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

So when you do it it's informed, enlightened choice...

...but if others do, it's a problem

My very first post onthis thread mentioned the fact that black men are never given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their perceived non-pc/off message mate choices, but here you are?

And given the fact that you claim that black men are "the black womans worst enemy", how would you answer a charge of your choice being due to "self-loathing"? Not that most black men would even notice?

I subsequently said the only ones that feel the need to denigrate or justify are those that have the issues.

And we still love y'all - regardless of your mate choices cheesy!

Shollypopz, please come and show us how slavery determined this one cool!

TV

You all should just admit to your color issue is all I ask. I am not anti interracial dating abeg. Stop making Strober think you are 'conscious', then she will start crying on the net when you break her heart, giving black men ammo to insult black women in general.

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

Really TV? You want us to believe that this does not cut across class. Or the intellectual black man don't have this same preference? cheesy What do you say of these African Presidents? cheesy On which continent do you see a leader with a different race of women as his leading lady? Africa of course! grin

Ivory Coast

Gabon
[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5-ayUXO3nRwq0OKjMkSgYDn9rDga7Xkqh522atRHtDQGQj2zv[/img]
...and Sonia Ghandi - who was the rulers spouse and then the ruler in India - was not Italian?

Black men have higher desirability and wider choice. Simples. It means that even lower class black men have more options - so yes, it does cut across class cheesy

My bro' was dating a Brazilian and I went round to his with 3 Naija sisters for a party. Brazil babe later complained about the seething hate she felt. Main sister who was my friend admitted that the girls were pissed that even as they struggle to find quality brothers, foreign chicks were encroaching - "it's so unfair" - it's not just Rashida cheesy!

TV

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

perhaps the bulk of the black women available for such music videos are not feminine enough. grin

there are few one size fits all.
some women are suited more for the romantic stuff in music videos while some are just perfect for the ikebe-shaking. the face of the babe with the big bütt on lynx video barely showed her face - the selling point is the big bütt! cheesy

Ewoo insult upon injury!
Black women una don hear am

TV01:

...and Sonia Ghandi - who was the rulers spouse and then the ruler in India - was not Italian?
Black men have higher desirability and wider choice. Simples. It means that even lower class black men have more options - so yes, it does cut across class cheesy
My bro' was dating a Brazilian and I went round to his with 3 Naija sisters for a party. Brazil babe later complained about the seething hate she felt. Main sister who was my friend admitted that the girls were pissed that even as they struggles to find quality brothers, foreign chicks were encroaching - "it's so unfair" - it's not just Rashida cheesy!
TV

Which seething hate? You guys can hype yourself sha. You just want to cause katakata between women. It won't work on me. I am pro-female first before anything. tongue tongue tongue tongue I love my white sisters!
Thanks for mentioning India. India is very apt here. They come a close second to black men in elevating lighter skin. grin

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:
You all should just admit to your color issue is all I ask. I am not anti interracial dating abeg. Stop making Strober think you are 'conscious', then she will start crying on the net when you break her heart, giving black men ammo to insult black women in general.
...if black women had a better product and hence choice they wouldn't give a rats arse about what black men said or did. Fact. It's not black men that have an issue with interracial dating or get all fixated on pixelation is it?

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:
Which seething hate? You guys can hype yourself sha. You just want to cause katakata between women. It won't work on me. I am pro-female first before anything. tongue tongue tongue tongue I love my white sisters!
I am also pro-female and love my white sisters and white sister-in law grin

Stillfire:
Thanks for mentioning India. India is very apt here. They come a close second to black men in elevating lighter skin. grin
But white men have a deep seated and enduring thing for Indian women. Lightness preference is not primarily interracial, it's intraracial.

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lest we forget the NWA biopic controversy wink. #selflove

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Preach it
Stillfire:

I'm sorry there is a pattern and tendency to leave black women with black bastards. The black man is hypersexual. If this is what it takes to not bring a bastard into the world, I will forever frown my face cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. A black man would want to sleep with you and not take responsibility for the consequences. If you are light though and you have slutty ways he will make excuses for you. Ask Kim kardashian. Can a black woman have a sex video out there and marry a top black star? Hahaha. grin grin grin grin grin Black men demand a saintly semblance from the black woman but will excuse it in lighter females. grin grin grin tongue
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
before, femininity and submissiveness; I understand KK has that in spades. Take a leaf women.

I agree with feminity but submissiveness?
I've heard it all grin
I thought I heard it all when Beyoncé and Amber rose were handed to us as examples to follow.
Now I'm sure I've heard it all.

KK an example in female submissiveness?
I take it you've never watched an episode of the kardashians.

I'm sorry I'm must have been reading you guys wrong all my stay on nairaland.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by bukatyne(f): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
cococandy:

I've heard it all grin
I thought I heard it all when Beyoncé and Amber rose were handed to us as examples to follow.

Lol!

Well, different strokes for different folks

Still remember that thread where KK and Amber were Good women to emulate

I asked If they would be Happy If one of their sisters or wife is like her bar sex tape

And no answers.

And How many can live the life they are accustomed to living?

Relax, you will hear Some more some day.

I like to call life offline the 'real world'. grin
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
I don't really have a single problem with those women mentioned, their image, their message or attitude. (I'm not a conservative person)

I'm just surprised at the people who use them as examples. It is so contrary to their regular message. Let me still assume I'm reading something wrong somewhere.

bukatyne:

Lol!

Well, different strokes for different folks

Still remember that thread where KK and Amber were Good women to emulate

I asked If they would be Happy If one of their sisters or wife is like her bar sex tape

And no answers.

And How many can live the life they are accustomed to living?

Relax, you will hear Some more some day.

I like to call life offline the 'real world'. grin

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by bukatyne(f): 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
cococandy:
I don't really have a single problem with those women mentioned, their image, their message or attitude. (I'm not a conservative person)

I'm just surprised at the people who use them as examples. It is so contrary to their regular message. Let me still assume I'm reading something wrong somewhere.

Well well grin

Even the femininity, I don't get. Can it be determined from the screen?

Is it their dress sense or sexual appeal?

I think it is more of sexuality...

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
bukatyne:

Well well grin

Even the femininity, I don't get. Can it be determined from the screen?

Is it their dress sense or sexual appeal?

I think it is more of sexuality...
yea femininity (or masculinity for that matter) has much to do with sex appeal depending on where you're looking at it from. so TV was bam on that.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

I am also pro-female and love my white sisters and white sister-in law grin

But white men have a deep seated and enduring thing for Indian women. Lightness preference is not primarily interracial, it's intraracial.

TV

The thread has run its cause. cheesy Everything that needs to be said have been said.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Miami11: 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Black men showing inferiority complex since 1804
Wonder what this breed of sleezy African men will teach there children while Africa is 95 percent black smh.
Can't you all be proud of your God given black skin..
Ain't this the breed of men that push our girls to make Nigeria anumber one bleaching country

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:
The thread has run its cause. cheesy Everything that needs to be said have been said.
Maybe, maybe not...but I'm happy to close...njokusboy, on to the next one please grin!

...uno momento shocked
cococandy:

I've heard it all grin

My original post;
TV01:
I must say words fail me for Kanye - or any man that would wife a woman of that sort. Having said that Hollywood values are somewhat different. And one thing I've noted before, femininity and submissiveness; I understand KK has that in spades. Take a leaf women. But no mojo clips.
As clearly stated, I would never consider KK a role model or indeed wife material, but I have heard that she really caters to her man, properly indulges them - that's akin to submissiveness, which in any event no one has ever likened to unquestioning obedience. As for femininity, apart from being well endowed, she presents to appeal to men.

I only gave her credit for two things I heard she gets right, it wasn't an endorsement. I haven't watched the show and doubt that her relationship dynamics with Kanye are honestly portrayed there. I don't endorse Beyonce or Amber either - not that they are scouring NL eagerly waiting for me to give them my stamp of approval grin!

Close

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
crackhaus:

I meant that black men don't care what shade of man MJB or Beyonce uses in their videos.

It's black women who care what shade of woman Trigga or Tyrese uses in theirs.

Trigga
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 12:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Oh well I don't think she's submissive but that's not for me to say since I'm not in the relationship with them.

At least even if she is, it is not the brand we hear around here. So understand my surprise that an NL dude much less you considers her a submissive woman.

Meaning I must have misunderstood you all along or you must have miscommunicated your definition of submissiveness at some point.

Did you say no one equates submissiveness to unquestioning obedience?
Maybe you don't but many do.

It is well.
TV01:

Maybe, maybe not...but I'm happy to close...njokusboy, on to the next one please grin!

...uno momento shocked

My original post;

As clearly stated, I would never consider KK a role model or indeed wife material, but I have heard that she really caters to her man, properly indulges them - that's akin to submissiveness, which in any event no one has ever likened to unquestioning obedience. As for femininity, apart from being well endowed, she presents to appeal to men.

I only gave her credit for two things I heard she gets right, it wasn't an endorsement. I haven't watched the show and doubt that her relationship dynamics with Kanye are honestly portrayed there. I don't endorse Beyonce or Amber either - not that they are scouring NL eagerly waiting for me to give them my stamp of approval grin!

Close

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by pickabeau1: 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
Miami11:
[s]Black men showing inferiority complex since 1804
Wonder what this breed of sleezy African men will teach there children while Africa is 95 percent black smh.[/s]
Ain't this the breed of men that push our girls to make Nigeria anumber one bleaching country

Classic NL angry woman syndrome grin

Its now the fault of men that you bleach your god given melanin
Its their fault you use your own money gotten by your sweat literally and figuratively to buy substances that give skin cancer

Classic excuses and nonacceptance of responsibility for your own life
Its even the fault of men that you woke up on d wrong side of d bed
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Moana(f): 8:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Last time i checked it has always been dark skinned men who discriminate against dark skinned women by making them feel like they are inferior to women of other races that are lighter

3 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Moana(f): 8:31am On Apr 09, 2015
njokusboy:
Apparently, some black women are not cool with Black men marrying white women...Especially when the Black man is a celebrity...
Rapper kendrick just proposed to his exotica girlfriend and this Black lonely woman went ham on his ar'se...

The woman sounds really embittered, which begs the question... "why is the contemporary Black woman so angry"?... shey na bad tin for man to marry him choice ni? White men marry Black women all the time and we don't get to see black men getting fever over the issue..
Thhe juicy part is that this woman is allegedly a black activist, "a Feminist with a big black shiny ar'se"l grin grin grin.

I thought feminism didn't Care about race, shey white woman no be woman again, why the discrimination? See full story below...

"Kendrick Lamar’s engagement to his high school sweetheart and longtime girlfriend Whitney Alford should be a happy time, but it has apparently struck a nerve with some folks. All over Alford’s complexion.
Leading the criticism is self-proclaimed dark skin activist Rashida Strober, who blasted Lamar over the weekend on Facebook. In her eyes, the rhymesayer is a hypocrite for wanting to tie the knot with a light-skinned woman.
Well, well, well would you looky here. ANOTHER FAKE CONSCIOUS MUTHER F-KER EXPOSED. I will never support him nor his music with one dime of my money and encourage all dark skinned women not to either!” she wrote.
Strober’s comments gained traction with folks who either fully support the “Dark Skin Is Beautiful” campaign founder or didn’t share her views on Lamar. In response to her nonsupporters, Strober posted the following response:
FAKE CONSCIOUS COON ASS RAPPER KENDRICK LAMAR PART 2.
I see calling out and exposing self hating fake black men who speak about consciousness but date and marry NON DARK SKIN WOMEN brought you haters to my page. WELL SHARE THIS MUTHERFUKING POST!!! These type of fake coons are the worst of the worst. DARK SKIN is the essence of true blackness and if these fakers were really and truly conscious they would MARRY DARK SKINNED WOMEN!!! You pissed ?? GOOD!!!

Since 1998, Strober has been known as an advocate for people with darker complexions, according to her biography, which mentioned that her cause was inspired after years of bullying from classmates who put her down because of her complexion. Stage plays created by the Florida native include “A Dark-Skinned Woman’s Revenge” and “Ice Cream Lady’s Dream.”
So what do you think? Is Strober going overboard with slamming Lamar for being engaged to a light-skinned woman or does she have valid point with what she’s saying?"

So my dear womenn what do ya'll think?
all i saw was a comment directed to Kendrick, please show me where she directed the comment to light skinned females? Kindly read it again and correct your title.

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Moana(f): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2015
Shollypopzz:

and some black men are still in denial that they hate themselves look at Neyo and Lil Wayne's comment about having dark-skinned kids that they are basically saying is, "I am incapable of creating children that are attractive because of my skin, hence i have to get someone of another race to do what i feel i am incapable of doing"

Well congratulations for making the whole world know how insecure you are about yourselves i guess undecided

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by edwife(f): 9:19am On Apr 09, 2015
cococandy:
Oh well I don't think she's submissive but that's not for me to say since I'm not in the relationship with them.

At least even if she is, it is not the brand we hear around here. So understand my surprise that an NL dude much less you considers her a submissive woman.

Meaning I must have misunderstood you all along or you must have miscommunicated your definition of submissiveness at some point.

Did you say no one equates submissiveness to unquestioning obedience?
Maybe you don't but many do.

It is well.

She is cococady.In her first marriage with her producer husband,he did not allow her do what many of her girlfriends were doing at the time(partying,clubbing...) she was more of a housewife,that one of the reason her dad opted against the marriage.

Kim and khloe are the submissive type,Khloe might be tough but she is really into her men so does Kim.We all know what hopeless romantic girls can do for their men,and for Kanye no need to tell you that she does most of the things he tells her.

See how its works with the Kardashians...money=respect

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2015
pickabeau1:

true at the bolded

what's true again? undecided
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by crackhaus: 9:30am On Apr 09, 2015
Miami11:
Black men showing inferiority complex since 1804
Wonder what this breed of sleezy African men will teach there children while Africa is 95 percent black smh.
LOL gringrin

Anytime I read things like this, I get the impression that most of you don't fully understand the implication.
It's like saying women are robots who are at the mercy of a man's choice/preference.

Sometime ago on this same section, it was one saying that men are responsible for the practice of FGM when it's in fact women who carry out the procedure - how anyone can pass every unrelated blame to men is beyond me. gringrin

So our girls are being pushed by men to bleach huh?
But when people say that women are made to serve men, be the object of his desire, and be subject to his whims and choices, you think people just feel like dissing or bashing.

It's statements like what you typed that give guys the leverage to talk sh1t about black women, y'all are like a gift that keeps on giving, Lol...

If women/girls can't take responsibility for what they rub or what they wear on their own bodies to attract the same black men they say are the worst kind of men, then there's a problem with how such women think - or is their thinking pattern also the fault of men? grin

3 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by crackhaus: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Joavid:

Trigga
I was referring to Trey Songz.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 10:00am On Apr 09, 2015
cococandy:
It's actually something I heard way back - even before her 72 day "marriage". It was about how she really "took care" of her men, and that really struck me. I think it's something a lot of women could learn from as I think many don't really get it - or do it very well.

We all know that women love to be pampered and they typically put it out there and expect it. I feel they get it more as it hinges onto the "provider" expectation of men. I don't think men demand it in quite the same way, but they love it just as much.

And you did well to spot that, as while it's not "submissiveness" in a strict sense, I see it as very much an adjunct quality. It would be difficult to do one without the other.

cococandy:
Maybe we are guilty of not clearly defining our terms of reference. I always kind of figured many women feel submission = slavery/unquestioning obedience, but I never heard any man state that here on NL in a discussion I've participated in.

cococandy:
For me it's never been more than a wife recognising her husband as head and being willing to defer to his authority if instances they can't mutually agree a way forward.

If anything it demands more of the men as it burdens him with resposibility and forces him to demonstrate leadership. And the actual "wielding of authority" will rarely be in view and cannot characterise every aspect of their relationship or colour all their interactions. It's mostly to regulate DIL/MIL interactions grin!

cococandy:
Did you say no one equates submissiveness to unquestioning obedience? Maybe you don't but many do.
Yes I said that. Please name these brothers and I'll have a quiet word wink!

cococandy:
It is well.
Sounds like it just got better.

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 10:10am On Apr 09, 2015
Moana:
Last time i checked it has always been dark skinned men who discriminate against dark skinned women by making them feel like they are inferior to women of other races that are lighter
Check again.

Moana:
all i saw was a comment directed to Kendrick, please show me where she directed the comment to light skinned females? Kindly read it again and correct your title.
Nope the title is fine. The comments were directed at Ken due to his choice of a light skinned black woman. She is clealry implying that light skin is in some way not as authentic or representative of black. If anything Ken should hold his peace and right thinking sisters - of all hues - should administer a good paddling to rash Rashida.

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 10:12am On Apr 09, 2015
Seen

@TV01 and edwife
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2015
Moana:

You lack deductive reasoning....

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Moana(f): 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
njokusboy:

You lack deductive reasoning....
you lack basic english comprehension

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Moana:
you lack basic english comprehension

Lolzzz, seriously you couldn't deduce that a swing at kendrick for dating a lightskinned lady was a jab at light skinned women grin grin grin.
Look well before you leap... inugo..
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Moana(f): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
TV01:

Check again.

Nope the title is fine. The comments were directed at Ken due to his choice of a light skinned black woman. She is clealry implying that light skin is in some way not as authentic or representative of black. If anything Ken should hold his peace and right thinking sisters - of all hues - should administer a good paddling to rash Rashida.

TV

like i said show me one sentence she directed to light skinned women? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I need your financial help to pay my school fees. please / Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.