Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,924 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid (67495 Views)

Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Expands In May / Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) / This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by sharpboyus(m): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2015
I'm looking into personal shopper start up where I can help purchase items from amazon uk with a minimal amount as deposit and items can be picked within Lagos Metropolis with the rest of the balance.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by podosci(m): 11:03am On Apr 08, 2015
Olodo.....Name the founders
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by sharpboyus(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2015
Founder of Jumia Nigerian Tunde Kehinde and Raphael Afaedor (Ghanian).

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by iwriterng(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2015
Only a fool will shut out a robust market (170million people) like Nigeria from his/her business (paypal comes to mind). BTW, this is one of the reasons why I think the high exchange rate will do our economy more good than harm.

When a dollar is equivalent to #200, and the shipping cost of your goods is around $30-50, tell me why on earth you would opt for amazon over jumia/konga. In essence high exchange rate will promote local businesses and drive innovation.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2015
My paper white! cry

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by podosci(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2015
what if I deposit money into my paypal account and pay with it instead?

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by mikron(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2015
Viciyus:

How you won import s4 for 14k and blackberryz10 for 15k.

Scam alert
he said branded, u can brand goods u intend to buy. aliexpress sellers does that
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by podosci(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2015
TRy amazon Uk
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by podosci(m): 11:14am On Apr 08, 2015
the problem still falls back to quality and updateness off their goods catalogue
I want to buy an xbox one controller for pc Original by micrsoft
You can get it from Amazon for just 10k BUT
KONga and Jumia don't have it uptill now and several new things
and again even if Jumia or konga were to have it, you wount be able to get the original one by Microsoft, its mostly chinko rapped has original that you would see
Jumia and Konga needs to standardize the quality of the goods they allow retailers to sell through them

3 Likes

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ecel: 11:24am On Apr 08, 2015
SHOPPING IN UK MADE EASY:

Buy your favourites from United Kingdom.

Get Free UK shopping address.

Save up to 80% on your shipping by consolidating your numerous shopping items in one package.

Choose your preferred shipping courier i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, Royal Mail, Parcel Force, TNT and our Local Courier company.

Reduce the size of your parcel by removing unwanted packing materials to save money on shipping cost.

Buy not only from Amazon UK but including Ebay UK.

Know your shipping cost before you buy from UK.

Visit us today @ shop2me.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by mikron(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2015
ChukwuCantDie:
Mugu! Jumia is owned by white people you dummy
why the insults? u can correct him quietly without the insults

4 Likes

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 08, 2015
shipping costs na die oh

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by bimbor(m): 11:32am On Apr 08, 2015
For all your shopping needs, visit Aliexpress.com.

Thank me later!
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2015
Kizeeto:
My paper white! cry

You have to check the box that says "Ship to Nigeria" to get a list of goods eligible for shipment to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 08, 2015
mikron:
he said branded, u can brand goods u intend to buy. aliexpress sellers does that
I dey do this bizz too.
Even if na second hand. You can't get it as low as that price he mention.

Check aliexpress. Compare there brand price for some good seller, and you go see. Shall some 419 still dey that aliexpress
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ocheejemb: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2015
Amazon isnt cheap, neither are the products any more 'quality' than what Konga or Jumia supplies.The only way they will make any kind of meaningful difference is if they bring actual operations to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 08, 2015
iwriterng:
Only a fool will shut out a robust market (170million people) like Nigeria from his/her business (paypal comes to mind). BTW, this is one of the reasons why I think the high exchange rate will do our economy more good than harm.

When a dollar is equivalent to #200, and the shipping cost of your goods is around $30-50, tell me why on earth you would opt for amazon over jumia/konga. In essence high exchange rate will promote local businesses and drive innovation.

Fake economist analysis,

You know say the dollar to affect Jumia.

There price to go increase by far.

Were you think say Jumia dey buy there goods too?

If you check there website. You go see say most of there price increase too.

2 Likes

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 08, 2015
ocheejemb:
Amazon isnt cheap, neither are the products any more 'quality' than what Konga or Jumia supplies.The only way they will make any kind of meaningful difference is if they bring actual operations to Nigeria.

Amazon is way cheaper--

Watch from Jumia N44,000
http://www./invicta-invicta-mens-specialty-chronograph-black-dial-black-techno-watch-141675.html

Same Watch from Amazon (Eligible for shipment to Nigeria) $95.59 + $4.99 shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-1319-Specialty-Chronograph-Techno/dp/B005IZAC8C/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1428490301&sr=1-1&keywords=Invicta+Invicta+Men%27s+Specialty+Chronograph+Black+Dial+Black+Techno+Watch

2 Likes

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by iwriterng(m): 11:55am On Apr 08, 2015
Viciyus:

Fake economist analysis,

You obviously read my response to post a reply, not because you want to gain insight from it.

Increase exchange rate will result into increase in consumption of local goods (increased innovation).

That is when you will see Jumia marketing shoes produced by itelewears.com and Aso oke for retail on Konga. Our consumption of imported goods will reduce drastically and only a small fraction of the population would buy imported materials.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
iwriterng:

You obviously read my response to post a reply, not because you want to gain insight from it.

Increase exchange rate will result into increase in consumption of local goods (increased innovation).

That is when you will see Jumia marketing shoes produced by itelewears.com and Aso oke for retail on Konga. Our consumption of imported goods will reduce drastically and only a small fraction of the population would buy imported materials.

Did you know that most of the goods you use are imported.

Your TV, your phone, especially electronic devices.
Forget about the cloth and shoes. Yes some are made in Nigeria.

The increase of dollars affect most of this electronic devices.
So why will you say it is OK for the increase of dollars?

Have you ever buy made in Nigeria phone?

Have you ever buy made in Nigeria TV?

No.

So. Analyse your fact well.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
voltron:

Amazon is way cheaper--

Watch from Jumia N44,000
http://www./invicta-invicta-mens-specialty-chronograph-black-dial-black-techno-watch-141675.html

Same Watch from Amazon (Eligible for shipment to Nigeria) $95.59 + $4.99 shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-1319-Specialty-Chronograph-Techno/dp/B005IZAC8C/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1428490301&sr=1-1&keywords=Invicta+Invicta+Men%27s+Specialty+Chronograph+Black+Dial+Black+Techno+Watch
You think say them go come your dormont,

Them have to ship it to your location warehouse.

Another charge again. And them go charge you base on the kg of the substance.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by iwriterng(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Viciyus:

Did you know that most of the goods you use are imported.

Your TV, your phone, especially electronic devices.
Forget about the cloth and shoes. Yes some are made in Nigeria.

The increase of dollars affect most of this electronic devices.
So why will you say it is OK for the increase of dollars?

Have you ever buy made in Nigeria phone?

Have you ever buy made in Nigeria TV?

No.

So. Analyse your fact well.

Short term goal versus long term goal. That's the difference between your perspective and mine.

Having options make us humans not try hard enough, our sub-conscious
always knows there's a way out.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Viciyus:

You think say them go come your dormont,

Them have to ship it to your location warehouse.

Another charge again. And them go charge you base on the kg of the substance.

lol.. why cynical.. i shop from hawesandcurtis.co.uk and they deliver to my door-step. i don't pay additional charges like Jumia do when they deliver in Lagos. Amazon delivers DVD and CDs to your doorstep using either UPS or DHL.. I don't pay DHL any kobo
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pointed this out last september a few days after it was sanctioned on Amazon:https://www.nairaland.com/1922132/amazon-now-ships-more-goodies
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ibietela2(m): 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
voltron:
Since 2012 I used a couple of expensive methods to purchase goods off Amazon not limited to the following
1: Buy and Ship to American Address of a Friend arriving Nigeria in a week or two
2: Use Nigerian Shops who buy on your behalf and ship at exorbitant prices and +5% Black Market USD$
3: Use American re-shipping and forwarding agents such as MyUs.com

all the above did not exactly satisfy my hunger for original/premium quality goods. Rather than fight with Nigerian shops selling knock-offs or out-dated and on-sale goods for more than 5 times the price on Amazon. I decided to try Amazon today and viola!! they do ship to Nigeria using my GTBank MasterCard. I quickly placed an order for some items and checked-out my cart. goods should arrive this April 17 at most.

My Question is.. How are Nigerian Entrepreneurs going to match Amazon in pricing and quality. Jumia and Konga have only raised the hunger for online shopping without the capacity to meet it appropriately. but with Amazon in the picture.. won't Nigerians move their purchases elsewhere.. what happens to the affiliate marketing schemes and other online retailers like SLOT etc.

This is like 20yrs ago na..... Been using Amazon for books
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
iwriterng:

Short term goal versus long term goal. That's the difference between your perspective and mine.

Having options make us humans not try hard enough, our sub-conscious
always knows there's a way out.

And how those this affect the price of dollar?
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by iwriterng(m): 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Viciyus:

And how those this affect the price of dollar?

Again, your response shows you don't really understand me. Let's just assume you're right. OK?. Bye.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by infogenius(m): 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nice one op.
But it is not new.Some merchants selling
on amazon ship to Nigeria.I have been buying
some items this way, and receive through the post office
in many cases.
But if Amazon now ships exclusively to Nigerian Addresses. That's really cool.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by dicapino: 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
I know amazon ships to Nigeria...I have bought books and they were delivered. Do what exactly can now be shipped down here.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
ibietela2:

This is like 20yrs ago na..... Been using Amazon for books

me too but that was only restricted to books and DVDs, now you have items well over $3000 that you can order and they are shipped to Nigeria.

Jewellery, Clothes, Shoes, Computers, Toys.. maybe not a whole range of Amazon retailers but the options are much broader than books and DVDs

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Tejflow: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
voltron:

Amazon is way cheaper--
Watch from Jumia N44,000
Viciyus:

Fake economist analysis,
Viciyus:

Fake economist analysis,

I agree with iwriterng and ocheejemb. While it's easy to fault Konga and Jumia for their shipping and delivery services, truth is Konga and Jumia aren't doing so badly either. I have never been tempted to shop from Amazon because delivery will exceed 10 days and even though they ask for your house address and charge for shipping to your house, they deliver to the post office closest to you and you will have to be the one to pick AND still pay them at the post office. Not to mention that customs may even cause delay. So by the time they deliver here, you may have even forgotten you shopped on Amazon or any of these other foreign site. I don't think Konga and Jumia are that bad to go through that stress just because I want to be able to say "i shop from Amazon because they don't disappoint".

I have shopped with Konga and Jumia but I shop more with Konga. There have been a few disappointments but truth is I have never particularly experienced a bad situation with them.

For Jumia too, well I simply stopped shopping with them when I started shopping from Konga. Though both aren't doing so badly right now either. But if I will say, I think Konga is still more committed to its customers than Jumia.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by DualCore1: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
EBay + Paypal + MyUS premium + consolidation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bread Sold With Toyota Venza Tinted Glass In Anambra State. Photos / Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa / Paddy Adenuga Has A Message For Ladies Sliding Into His DM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.