Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States (12496 Views)

Attack On Igbo: Govt Beefs Up Security In Bayelsa / "Beef Up Security Around Osinbajo" - Fasehun / States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by lalasticlala(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
In a crucial effort to prevent the incessant political killings across the nation, the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Suleiman Abba, has said he is deploying more police personnel to Rivers State and other volatile states.

The Police boss, who stated this Tuesday during the IGP conference with the commands’ Commissioners of Police, said so far, three suspects have been arrested in Enugu in connection with the blast that took place during the presidential elections.

While appreciating the police for a job well done, Abba said 124 suspects were arrested for various electoral offences, adding that some had been charged to court while investigations continue in others.

In his words: “First of all, I must commend our officers and men for their performance in the last election. They exhibited high sense of professionalism, impartiality, and non-partisanship to a great level. We are here to encourage them to do more so that they don’t rubbish what they had already achieved.

“We are re-strategizing on the crime prevention and control and that is why we are deploying more officers to states like Rivers and other volatile ones. We have so far arrested three suspects in connection with the Enugu bomb blast and so far, we have arrested 124 people for different electoral offences”.

He however regretted that despite the fact that the police and other security agencies did their best to protect Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and other important places, as well the citizens, there were still pockets of challenges.
“Our coming together here today will proffer solution to these problems and we will ensure that they don’t crop up in the coming election”, he said.

Speaking on the allegation of suspected sabotage in the death of Kano Resident Electoral Commissioner, Alhaji Minkaila Abdullahi and some members of his family in an inferno, Abba said preliminary investigations revealed that it was a fire incident but that if subsequent investigations, especially medical reports, state otherwise, then the Police will get it across to the public.

Reacting to the supposed threat message by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu to Igbos in Lagos, the IGP said since the traditional ruler has denied the allegation, he was not in any position to state otherwise.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/07/political-killings-igp-deploys-more-officers-rivers-other-volatile-states

1 Like

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by vjsmiles: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
sahara reporters? angry
i'll pass angry

6 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by sammynash11(m): 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nice one
Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nyesom wike our next governor .

Whoever hates me for saying this can go and die

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
aguiyi:

People will hate you because they hate "stupidity"....

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by greall12(m): 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Islie: 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
In a crucial effort to prevent the incessant political killings across the nation, the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Suleiman Abba, has said he is deploying more police personnel to Rivers State and other volatile states.

That's good especially to prevent Wike and his crooks from over rigging the governorship election in Rivers state because the man is too desperate for power

14 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by shawn3586(m): 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Okay
Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by tola9ja: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
I DIE HARD APC FANS

NAIRALAND APC FANS CAN YOU DO THIS

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by CharliParker: 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
I HATE NYASH WIKE OR WHAT SO EVER WITH PASSION

13 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by temmy3723(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
I don hear
Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by jevic(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
DAP for change.

3 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by JingoOAU(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
IGP is only playing to the gallery...Post Presidential elections trauma....

The IGP need not please Buhari, nor be seen pleasing Nigerians because his actions and inactions before the presidential election was so reckless and incorrigible

7 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Youpele52: 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by lilprinze: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nice they should deal with anyone that tries and misbehave during or after the election.

1 Like

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by abduljabbar8: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mr IGP get ready to ge to jail
Click like for Ambode
Click share for his opponent

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
CharliParker:
I HATE NYASH WIKE OR WHAT SO EVER WITH PASSION
why do u hate him?

1 Like

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
abduljabbar8:
Mr IGP get ready to ge to jail
Click like for Ambode
Click share for his opponent

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Wendyslim(f): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
No wahala war against in disciple will soon start in Ernest . All dos suspects shd be turtured well cos we can't wait to hear who dey are working for undecided
Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by bunchyproject(m): 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
aguiyi:

you know it all bro

1 Like

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Wendyslim(f): 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
tola9ja:
I DIE HARD APC FANS

seconded
Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Mooye41(m): 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
aguiyi:

vjsmiles:
sahara reporters? angry
i'll pass angry
aguiyi:

Only time will tell. PDP and their faithful are always known with ranting. You can say whatever you want to say. But be ready to concede defeat like oga at the top when you eventually loose cause i can see that coming. "Change tsunami "

8 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by bunchyproject(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nyesom wike is our next governor

4 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
People will hate you because they hate "stupidity"....

Who cares about inconsequential people who derives joy from imposing their ideas on other

1 Like

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by Malcomkelvin: 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
nice for him, what of Ekiti State House of Assembly Election? because WE people of Ekiti are really scared of our thug Governor Fayose....... not really because of him, but because of all his political thugs in the cities....... God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by seedorfg(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
yayi, not only police they need army as well, so that those thugs can have some normal brain, anyway up dacooku petersigned, up apchange

1 Like

Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by gen2briz(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
ok
Re: Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States by M4gunners: 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
tola9ja:
I DIE HARD APC FANS

Definition of mumu.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hunger Will Soon Vanish – Osinbajo / Ministers Intensify Lobby Over Cabinet Reshuffle - Newtelegraphonline / Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.