Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use (3744 Views)

All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) / Photos: Checkout The Phones That Were In Use 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by vjsmiles: 8:54am On Apr 08, 2015
[b] When you are the President of a country, there are so many benefits you get, WHO AM I KIDDING.. being a President might be all it takes to have all your monetary needs met.

So, I sat down today and I asked myself some questions like: “What kind of phones do Presidents use? Do they use Whatsapp or BBM? Are they techy? and do they play games on their phones? These questions inspired me to get information about the phones World Leaders use. However, what I found out was far from what I expected. Here’s the result of my little research:

BARACK OBAMA-BLACKBERRY
It might be shocking to hear, but 3 days ago (13th of March 2014), Obama told Jimmy Kimmey on his show that he does not text and does not tweet. (source: Reuters)

“I do not physically tweet, in general. I don’t text. I email. I still have a Blackberry,” Obama said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel. He also said that he is not allowed to use Smartphone with a recording device for security reasons. Apparently, BlackBerry’s network is considered to be the safest and most secure of the smartphones.

KIM JONG UN-HTC BUFFERLY
According to reports by The Guardian, the supreme leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kim Jong Un use the HTC .. Even though North Korea developed their own Android Smartphone known as the ‘Arirang’ which is authorized only to 10% of the population which includes officers, their families, businessman etc. Korean Kingpin still uses the HTC Butterfly.

ANGELA MERKEL-NOKIA SLIDE
In case you don’t know, Angela Dorothea Merkel is a German politician and the Chancellor of Germany since 2005 ( source: Wikipedia)

Angie uses a Nokia 6260 Slide, according to The Guardian, She only uses it for party related matters, however For more sensitive communications, she uses a Blackberry Z10 fitted with “hack-proof” security software that has been specially designed for the Chancellor of Germany.

Francois Hollande- iPhone
The President of France, unlike his predecessor, loves his IPhone, Hollande has been spotted using an iPhone 5, Rumor has it that apart from presidential matters, he also uses it to converse with a girlfriend.

Hollande has been attacked severally for using the iPhone given the fact that Apple has been accused of installing NSA backdoors into all its devices.

Question of the day:

WITH OBAMA STILL USING A BLACKBERRY, WHO CAN GUESS WHAT PHONE PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS CURRENTLY USING? grin grin grin
siemens - 200 ?? grin
cc:misstechy
[/b] http:///check-out-the-phones-world-leaders-use/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by vjsmiles: 8:55am On Apr 08, 2015
picture 1-BARACK OBAMA-BLACKBERRY
picture2-KIM JONG UN-HTC BUTTERFLY
picture3-ANGELA MERKEL- NOKIA SLIDE
picture4-Francois Hollande: IPhone

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nokiae5: 9:06am On Apr 08, 2015
i bet you apc magger (gmb) dey use plant

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 08, 2015
OK
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
and yet they bought it for the sane price as us..
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by stonemind(f): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
R*bish
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by rabbuy(m): 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Tahh a senator in Nigeria is way richer than all of the above... So Jona go dey use BB graphite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
And some ladies,who can't do subscription of #1000 would be demanding iphone 6 from guys.
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by abrahym(m): 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
JONA Is using Nokia torch for security reasons

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by vjsmiles: 7:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
lalasticlala wink
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
abrahym:
JONA Is using Nokia torch for security reasons
cheesy
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by joedejana(m): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jona uses xiaomi wink
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
GMB must use a curve2 for security purpose.
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is old. The POTUS and his security detail no longer use blackberry phones.
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by zenith4biz(m): 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Since the congratulatory message leaked I have been suspecting

Tecno
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Na lie,no be for dis country,iffa hear security reasons they must use big phones wey dem think go befit dem position angry
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Blackchampion(m): 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Mek i buy land 1st
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
And small boys for street they buy iphone 6 while there ancesstors they use nokia.
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
****Oba Akiolu zone*****

All tresspassers will be thrown into the lagoon without life jacket.

Beware of my cousin JK, dnt worry he is just kidding.
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by channelz: 12:57am On Apr 09, 2015
This font style is too stressful to read
embarassed
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by corlin2(m): 2:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Buhari==
Phone model== Starcoms
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Sessyjee(m): 8:45am On Apr 09, 2015
But they drive and fly in the latest toys...
grin
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Savigne(f): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Ok we don hear
Next
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by acenazt: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2015
Gej dey use visaphone for security reasons.
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Built2last: 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Where is my blackberry? i remember my professor making all of us his students watch House of Cards. He said we should summarise the movie in two sentences.

In his next visit to take international Diplomacy, He asked why BLACKBERRY IS THE PREVALENT PHONE USED IN THE MOVIE by politicians. that raised my curiosity cos BB is not an American brand. on the other hand i tot, maybe they are partly sponsoring the movie. He said its the safest of smart phones.

Now i need to dump this Nokia and return to BB.

i can't join politics in the future and have my personal data flying arround....let me save myself that headache.
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by lilmax(m): 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Htc butterfly cool i love it
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
I use Nigeria made phone Slok mobile
Re: Check Out The Phones World Leaders Use by holatin(m): 9:00am On Apr 10, 2015
he use 3310

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Removes Recently Rolled Out Night Plans And 1 Year Plans / UC Browser Removed From The Google Playstore By Google / K20 & K20 Pro...the Hottest Xiaomi Redmi Flagship Devices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.