Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? (3372 Views)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Man And His Wife Fight Each Other In Public Over Infidelity Accusation. See Pics / Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by RiffRaff: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2015
*Matured views & contributions only*
No Gender war please.. Male & Female get hurt the same when they are betrayed.
In the real world, i am yet to see a relationship that survived infidelity especially when a Woman is the culprit and based on the advice i have read here on Nairaland about any thread regarding Cheating|Infidelity. I am inclined to get diverse views on this subject.
One of those stories that stick out, was that thread about the lady who confessed to her man & the man filled for a divorce.
People make bad choices sometimes without putting into consideration the consequence of their actions. She was wrong, she admitted her mistakes, Doesnt she deserve a 2nd chance?

1. Can you forgive your partner for cheating?

2. Where does Forgiveness comes into play in Marriage|Relationship?

3. Have you ever been cheated on before? How did you handle it, where you able to forgive & forget?
How long did that relationship last after that incident?

Do people deserve a 2nd chance when infidelity is involved.. Can a relationship survive it?

Kindly share your Experience & views. Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Cocoa1(f): 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
The women forgive , the men disimiss am

4 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Dyt(f): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
Oh nairaland my dramaland
When its from a woman, my husband cheated, u will read
Pls forgive him
Pray and fast
He loves you
Stick with him

But let it come from a man
Olorun oba oo
Ashewo
Divorce her
She's a witch

So much from dramaland
Truth is I haven't seen any man that forgives cheating sha
They are demons
grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Cocoa1(f): 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
The women forgive the husbands, but the men will divorce the wives, send am packing

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by pearlzy92(f): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dyt:
Oh nairaland my dramaland
When its from a woman, my husband cheated, u will read
Pls forgive him
Pray and fast
He loves you
Stick with him

But let it come from a man
Olorun oba oo
Ashewo
Divorce her
She's a witch

So much from dramaland
Truth is I haven't seen any man that forgives cheating sha
They are demons
grin grin

Loooooooool
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by KanwuliaJara: 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
My experience and views?

Another MTCHEEEEEEEEEEW topic! kiss
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by kaboninc(m): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
My experience and views?

Another MTCHEEEEEEEEEEW topic! kiss

We mustn't comment...you know?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Larrysky(f): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
Guys Terrible beings. They will make sure they publish your case on every publishable platform. But when they are caught, they claim men are polygamous in nature. Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by plaetton: 12:15am On Apr 15, 2015
But men and women are different in many many ways. Women, being the stronger sex, are molded by nature to be patient and resilient in the face of great odds.
Women are the backbones of the home, who can always pick up the pieces to mend and rebuild when the man's libido threatens her home and family life.

Therefore, whenever the woman decides to stray, the moment the thoughts come to her mind and she follows through, the home is finished from the moment, even if it takes a while for the man to find.

That's why by the time the man finds out, he knows he realizes that his home is already broken.

Its pointless trying to forgive a woman for infidelity, because, women go through many different emotional stages before they taken that leap. One of those stages is demonize and condemn their husbands, justifying to themselves that he deserves to be dishonoured.

That is why it is nearly impossible, and not advisable at all to forgive an unfaithful wife.

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Forgive my cheating wife? I dey craze?

Make e no happen at all....

It's GAME OVER! !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by greatgod2012(f): 1:11am On Apr 15, 2015
As for me, it has never happened to me, so, i can't categorically say this is what i'm gonna do but i pray it never happen.

There's a male colleague of mine who always say that if his wife cheat on him that he will forgive her because he too always cheat on her. He always say it with all seriousness, even though we don't what is in deep down his mind. But i think he knows that his wife can never cheat on him because i'm yet to see a man who forgives his wife of infidelity. However, if it happens and he actually forgives his wife, he has my respect because he knows he's the cause of his wife's infidelity.

My opinion, please.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by greatgod2012(f): 1:13am On Apr 15, 2015
dearpreye:
Forgive my cheating wife? I dey craze?

Make e no happen at all....

It's GAME OVER! !!!

but you will want your wife to forgive you if you cheat on her
Smh!

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by greatgod2012(f): 1:15am On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:
But men and women are different in many many ways. Women, being the stronger sex, are molded by nature to be patient and resilient in the face of great odds.
Women are the backbones of the home, who can always pick up the pieces to mend and rebuild when the man's libido threatens her home and family life.

Therefore, whenever the woman decides to stray, the moment the thoughts come to her mind and she follows through, the home is finished from the moment, even if it takes a while for the man to find.

That's why by the time the man finds out, he knows he realizes that his home is already broken.

Its pointless trying to forgive a woman for infidelity, because, women go through many different emotional stages before they taken that leap. One of those stages is demonize and condemn their husbands, justifying to themselves that he deserves to be dishonoured.

That is why it is nearly impossible, and not advisable at all to forgive an unfaithful wife.

Really?

Nairaland/Nigeria men never disappoints!
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 15, 2015
greatgod2012:

but you will want your wife to forgive you if you cheat on her
Smh!

I don talk my own ooo...I can't imagine it sef! !!
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 15, 2015
I can't!
I wouldn't want anyone to forgive me too cos I'm not gonna cheat on him...

Btw I've seen a man forgave a wife that cheated on him.
He's a good man.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Ewuro4: 2:11am On Apr 15, 2015
What's with the general consensus that women's thought process prior to cheating is different from men's?

Women has maternal instincts and men's are made of rock? grin

Jezz NL never seize to amaze me everyday grin

Can the 'Sad housewives' thread debaters move their baggage here pls, I want to read. TV01, Coogar, crackhaus, Peakabeu, lezz & co. pls proceed to the podium please?? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Ewuro4: 2:24am On Apr 15, 2015
@Question #3, I remembered my brothers and their friends gang beat the guy that cheated on me in high school. Not pretty.

I don't think the dude I'm currently staying with would want that. grin
Their eyes are wide and red like a big bad wolf ready to devour any stray parasite on their little sister's skin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 2:30am On Apr 15, 2015
@bold shocked

Hehehehehe
plaetton:

4 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 2:33am On Apr 15, 2015
A cheat only deserves a second chance if he/she is really sorry for going astray and never does it again.
Second chance.
No third chance.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 15, 2015
cococandy:
A cheat only deserves a second chance if he/she is really sorry for going astray and never does it again.
Second chance.
No third chance.

But your folks shout ONCE A CHEAT, ALWAYS A CHEAT. Now you're giving him a chance. ..That's pretty good...
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 2:38am On Apr 15, 2015
dearpreye:

But your folks shout ONCE A CHEAT, ALWAYS A CHEAT. Now you're giving him a chance. ..That's pretty good...
who are my folks?
And who am I giving a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 2:45am On Apr 15, 2015
cococandy:
who are my folks?
And who am I giving a chance.

A lot of the women folks don't believe a cheat can change. ..
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Truckpusher(m): 2:46am On Apr 15, 2015
cococandy:
Second chance.
No third chance.
Somebody seems to be accepting the fact that someone out there can bite outside. grin

A cheat would always cheat FACT cool - You don't fall into the puccy or on top of the diick
It's a well orchestrated plan to steal without being caught.
Cheat on me once and you're so gone
....... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 3:02am On Apr 15, 2015
dearpreye:

A lot of the women folks don't believe a cheat can change. ..

Well.:.
If someone is a cheat, chances are they will probably do it again especially if they have the upper hand in the relationship and know that the other person can't leave easily.
At least any change would be when he or she decides to change and not because the victim was fasting and praying in red bra and pant or boxers grin
That's why I won't blame anyone who decides to leave after the first time but if they asked me, I would say if the offender realizes he or she has done wrong, then forgiveness should follow.
But of course a second offense means the first apology was bogus. Some people have experienced such hence they won't even consider forgiving a first offense if they move onto another relationship.

That's why I get pissed when some try to excuse cheating as nature. That's just making excuse for bad behavior and an implication that it can happen again or should be accepted as a norm or natural part of a marriage when it happens.

@ truckpusher too, read and learn my opinion.
Don't assume

3 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Truckpusher(m): 3:04am On Apr 15, 2015
cococandy:

If someone is a cheat, chances are they will probably do it again especially if they have the upper hand in the relationship and know that the other person can't leave easily.
At least any change would be when he or she decides to change and not because the victim was fasting and praying in red bra and pant or boxers grin
That's why I won't blame anyone who decides to leave after the first time but if they asked me, I would say if the offender realizes he or she has done wrong, then forgiveness should follow.
But of course a second offense means the first apology was bogus. Some people have experienced such hence they won't even consider forgiving a first offense if they move onto another relationship.

That's why I get pissed when some try to excuse cheating as nature. That's just making excuse for bad behavior and an implication that it can happen again or should be accepted as a norm or natural part of a marriage when it happens.

Don't assume

Bia , I no assume anything oh cheesy

na talk we just dey talk na.
Wetin make my talk too dey pepper you like gbogbonise?
grin
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 15, 2015
cococandy:

Don't assume

You're on point. I also believe cheating comes down to CHOICE. Once a person is determined not to cheat, I believe they can make good their promises. ...
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 3:07am On Apr 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Bia , I no assume anything oh cheesy

na talk we just dey talk na.
Wetin make my talk too dey pepper you like gbogbonise?
grin

That reply was for dearpreye.
On second thoughts I thought you should read it too before you begin misyarn.
You know when you smoke that thing your posts no dey straight again. grin
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 3:07am On Apr 15, 2015
dearpreye:

You're on point. I also believe cheating comes down to CHOICE. Once a person is determined not to cheat, I believe they can make good their promises. ...

100%

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Truckpusher(m): 3:09am On Apr 15, 2015
These days it's just difficult to catch a cheating partner unless one is very very jobless. grin

If I even just suspect am I go arrange you sotay I go come carry you like snail where you go dey chop something. grin

A cheating woman is a highway to her partner's grave while a cheating man is a ticking timed bomb.
angry
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Truckpusher(m): 3:10am On Apr 15, 2015
cococandy:

That reply was for dearpreye.
On second thoughts I thought you should read it too before you begin misyarn.
You know when you smoke that thing your posts no dey straight again. grin
Now she's accusing me of doing drugs. sad

Kontinu, Ya'll believed caracta - I pity una
grin
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 3:53am On Apr 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Now she's accusing me of doing drugs. sad

Kontinu, Ya'll believed caracta - I pity una
grin
shocked
She accused you of same?
I wasn't even aware of such a thread.
Now that two people have said it. Mmm lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Truckpusher(m): 3:54am On Apr 15, 2015
cococandy:
shocked
She accused you of same?
I wasn't even aware of such a thread.
Now that two people have said it. Mmm lipsrsealed
angry

When last dem give you backhand? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog / Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage / Husband Used The Milk From Mammary Gland To Drink Garri- Nursing Mum Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.