Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? (3371 Views)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Man And His Wife Fight Each Other In Public Over Infidelity Accusation. See Pics / Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by cococandy(f): 3:58am On Apr 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
angry

When last dem give you backhand? undecided
na death dey call you so as that thought fly enter your head.
Just rebuke it in Jesus' name.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 15, 2015
I know someone who forgave the woman for cheating.

He caught his wife through a romantic whatsapp chat with the guy.

The woman owns a big boutique now courtesy the hubby,how she survived that episode,I don't know.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2015
Larrysky:
Guys Terrible beings. They will make sure they publish your case on every publishable platform. But when they are caught, they claim men are polygamous in nature. Mtchewww
Dyt:
Oh nairaland my dramaland
When its from a woman, my husband cheated, u will read
Pls forgive him
Pray and fast
He loves you
Stick with him
But let it come from a man
Olorun oba oo
Ashewo
Divorce her
She's a witch
So much from dramaland
Truth is I haven't seen any man that forgives cheating sha
They are demons
grin grin
Cocoa1:
The women forgive , the men disimiss am
Cocoa1:
The women forgive the husbands, but the men will divorce the wives, send am packing
Cocoa1:
The women forgive , the men disimiss am

Did he 4give her? https://www.nairaland.com/2018610/please-me-he-nudes

I'm against making hasty generalisations. I have forgiven a cheating girlfriend more than once, before she left out of a guilty conscience

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by faakayx: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2015
1. Can you forgive your partner for cheating?

I can but it depends but it hurts a lot

2. Where does Forgiveness comes into play in Marriage|Relationship?

I can not answer this question

3. Have you ever been cheated on before? How did you handle it, where you able to forgive & forget?
How long did that relationship last after that incident?

I have been cheated on sorry to say I couldn't forgive and bursted the relationship that was already crumbling

Do people deserve a 2nd chance when infidelity is involved.. Can a relationship survive it?
There's always a 2nd chance but its hard to come by, when you are gone you are gone for good
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by prissyluv(f): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2015
I had this mindset of forgiving or giving a second chance to any partner that cheats on me but the story changed even since my man told me that the day he caught me cheating,that is the end of us.

So knowing my partner wont forgive me,why should I?
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 15, 2015
Trust is very important to me. Once it is lost, it is very difficult to regain. I don't think I can forgive a cheating spouse.

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by SirShymexx: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Yadoctora:
Trust is very important to me. Once it is lost, it is very difficult to regain. I don't think I can forgive a cheating spouse.

Mistake do happen and when trusting a partner, you need to always create room for an isolation situation/case whereby the human imperfection would rare its ugly head. Real life right there. tongue
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Mistake do happen and when trusting a partner, you need to always create room for an isolation situation/case whereby the human imperfection would rare its ugly head. Real life right there. tongue

I can't accept this kind of imperfection.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by SirShymexx: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Yadoctora:

I can't accept this kind of imperfection.

Lol. So you mean you will dump ya man if he were to cheat on you once, by mistake, after binge drinking at the club, with his mates, no?

Imperfection is what makes us human - so there should always be a window of opportunity for an isolated case.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by bukatyne(f): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:
But men and women are different in many many ways. Women, being the stronger sex, are molded by nature to be patient and resilient in the face of great odds.
Women are the backbones of the home, who can always pick up the pieces to mend and rebuild when the man's libido threatens her home and family life.

Therefore, whenever the woman decides to stray, the moment the thoughts come to her mind and she follows through, the home is finished from the moment, even if it takes a while for the man to find.

That's why by the time the man finds out, he knows he realizes that his home is already broken.

Its pointless trying to forgive a woman for infidelity, because, women go through many different emotional stages before they taken that leap. One of those stages is demonize and condemn their husbands, justifying to themselves that he deserves to be dishonoured.

That is why it is nearly impossible, and not advisable at all to forgive an unfaithful wife.

@bold: Hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!

@OP: No comment
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by plaetton: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
bukatyne:

@bold: Hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!

@OP: No comment
cheesy
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by bukatyne(f): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:

cheesy

Nairaland, I hail una!

So women are now stronger than men? Not even strong?

Breeze never cool on the other thread o!
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by plaetton: 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
bukatyne:

Nairaland, I hail una!

So women are now stronger than men? Not even strong?

Breeze never cool on the other thread o!
Yess indeed.
Women are the stronger sex, and I will Challenge Anyone which thanks or says otherwise.

Women are the pillars of community and society.
If you want to corruption a society, just corrupt the women folks, and then allow it to run its course.

Slave owners realized this centuries ago, when they took the male slaves out of the family picture, to concentrate on female slaves, in order to breed the perfect slave, strong in body, but week in mind.
Unfortunately, it is a nasty legacy, a vicious cycle that continues even today.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by bukatyne(f): 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:

Yess indeed.
Women are the stronger sex, and I will Challenge Anyone which thanks or says otherwise.

Women are the pillars of community and society.
If you want to corruption a society, just corrupt the women folks, and then allow it to run its course.

Slave owners realized this centuries ago, when they took the male slaves out of the family picture, to concentrate on female slaves, in order to breed the perfect slave, strong in body, but week in mind.
Unfortunately, it is a nasty legacy, a vicious cycle that continues even today.

Lols!

That thread is still open grin

The OP was dead on arrival
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by crackhaus: 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
@ Ewuro4, wetin appen? grin
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by 1miccza: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
My views?If i can be faithful enough to avoid cheating,my wife should be able to do the same Chimple and Chort!!!!
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. So you mean you will dump ya man if he were to cheat on you once, by mistake, after binge drinking at the club, with his mates, no?

binge drinking? My man is not expected to go on a one-cup drinking. So, any act of cheating can't be said to be a mistake. It must have been well thought of and that is unacceptable.

Imperfection is what makes us human - so there should always be a window of opportunity for an isolated case.
That is not imperfection at play. It is something else. I'd see it as a message to me. If it happens once, it will happen again.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by kenny987(f): 9:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
It's funny really, most men actually assume it is their place to sample as many as they can while the one 'privileged' to be called wife or main chick is expected to remain calm and not 'blow things out of proportion'.

Imagine when someone dating a lady will say to her, 'Swear that you have not had anything to do with another man since we started dating...' Naturally, babe dey expect bros to also swear d same swear na, say him neva touch anoda babe since dem start to date, only for bros to say, "How can u expect me to swear? You should know I'm a man na...' See groove o!

Whether I forgive or not depends on my mood and thought process at the time. If I'm really happy and all was going well for us until the discovery of his infidelity, the tendency to forgive will be 60-65%. However, if in the process of his philandering (which I might have not have known of at the time) he also abandons his primary duties like providing for the home and generally being a good husband/bf, the implication is that I am already upset, angry and irritated at his 'unexplainable' attitude. When the explanation turns out to be that he's cheating, chances of forgiveness crash to as low as 0-5%, leaning more in favour of the lower range....
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by SirShymexx: 12:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

binge drinking? My man is not expected to go on a one-cup drinking. So, any act of cheating can't be said to be a mistake. It must have been well thought of and that is unacceptable.

Lol. I guess your man is either going to be a Pope, or a Catholic priest cos alcohol is a norm for most guys. Even with me, despite the fact that I'm a social drinker these days, I still get wasted with binge drinking from time to time, whenever I'm with the lads. White-boy drunk. And when that happens - shyte happens. Then you wake up in cold sweat the next morning, with a hangover, thinking what the hell happened last night. grin

That is not imperfection at play. It is something else. I'd see it as a message to me. If it happens once, it will happen again.

Nah, one is a mistake - and supreme minds learn from their mistakes, so as not to make them again. Hence civilisation/life is all about second chances.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I guess your man is either going to be a Pope, or a Catholic priest

No. He is a respectable Muslim.

cos alcohol is a norm for most guys. Even with me, despite the fact that I'm a social drinker these days, I still get wasted with binge drinking from time to time, whenever I'm with the lads. White-boy drunk. And when that happens - shyte happens. Then you wake up in cold sweat the next morning, with a hangover, thinking what the hell happened last night. grin
Alcohol is not a norm for all guys. It is a deal breaker for me. See why the mistake is not acceptable?

Nah, one is a mistake - and supreme minds learn from their mistakes, so as not to make them again. Hence civilisation/life is all about second chances.
As long as you keep drinking alcohol, the mistake will keep on reoccuring. If the supremacy of the mind can help a second time, it better help from the very beginning.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by SirShymexx: 9:21am On Apr 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

No. He is a respectable Muslim.

Alcohol is not a norm for all guys. It is a deal breaker for me. See why the mistake is not acceptable?

As long as you keep drinking alcohol, the mistake will keep on reoccuring. If the supremacy of the mind can help a second time, it better help from the very beginning.

Are you a Muslim? If so, assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, my sister. I know a lot of things are haram to Muslims, but the alcohol bit is a tad bit funny cos Muslims in general cook with spices which contain more alcohol than other folks. It is just like saying you don't eat pork - yet stay munching burger and sausages. No pun intended, the only Muslims I know who don't drink - are the ones with one leg in fanaticism and the other in being real Muslims. And even the ones big beards like Osama who claim everything is haram smoke weed like a chimney. So, I'm not buying that - and no matter how you look at it, they will indulge in vices that will make them susceptible to imperfections.

Also, the average Muslim is naturally a polygamist and that makes it a tad bit worse lol.

In today's world - alcohol is a norm. Intake just differs from person to person.

Anyway, I just used alcohol as example to buttress my point. There are other vices that can make anyone susceptible to making a mistake. So, giving folks second chances should always be part of the deal.
Re: Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

Are you a Muslim? If so, assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, my sister. I know a lot of things are haram to Muslims, but the alcohol bit is a tad bit funny cos Muslims in general cook with spices which contain more alcohol than other folks. It is just like saying you don't eat pork - yet stay munching burger and sausages. No pun intended, the only Muslims I know who don't drink - are the ones with one leg in fanaticism and the other in being real Muslims. And even the ones big beards like Osama who claim everything is haram smoke weed like a chimney. So, I'm not buying that.

Yes I am a Muslim. alhamdulillah
Did u call me sister because it sounds Islamic?That sounded almost funny. grin
What are the spices you are talking about. I am sure they can be avoided with better alternatives.
I can't doubt what you say of the Muslims you know . The Muslims I know are not like that. Fanaticism is relative. I don't know Osama and dont care if he smoked. He is not the Muslim role model. Do you know Osama? how are u sure he smoked weed?

- and no matter how you look at it, they will indulge in vices that will make them susceptible to imperfections.
I am not saying they have to be perfect. No one is. But cheating is termed an imperfection by you. But I say, No, Cheating is unacceptable and my partner better be perfect in that area.

Also, the average Muslim is naturally a polygamist and that makes it a tad bit worse lol.
Where is the average Muslim polygamist? In Nigeria?. Do you know that Indonesia has the highest population of Muslims. Saudi Arabia is where the holy pilgrimage is had. In these places, polygamy is rare. Even when it gets practiced, partners incolved can find a way to make it work. It is better than having a cheating spouse.

In today's world - alcohol is a norm. Intake just differs from person to person
Alcohol is the norm only when you make it so.

Anyway, I just used alcohol as example to buttress my point. There are other vices that can make anyone susceptible to making a mistake. So, giving folks second chances should always be part of the deal

Even a third chance can't be a bad idea until cheating is involved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog / Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage / Is Feminism Really Destroying Marriages In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.