Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,958 members, 7,803,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees (43517 Views)

DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React / You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by JimTiger4(m): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
himkers:

Before it was 3pcs in a can for 100naira, now it's 2pcs for 150naira. It's pure cheating

And the oil don reduce ni angry

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by rezzy: 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
LOL.....Good observation!

Not just 2 fishes but 2 fake fishes. I don taya to buy am
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by fistonati(m): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
geedeex2:
We need more and healthy competition in this industry like in the days of Hitv. Dstv will be forced to seat right
Hitv dt Tinubu & his family killed evn b4 dey establish
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by MadCow1: 11:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Another rubbish Lawsuit..

I don't even see any grounds for the lawsuit..
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by 14(m): 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
i see dis-investment, its not easy to do business in Nigeria, ask Woolworth. This will send wrong message to other potential investors. DStv prices are the same through out Africa. It just shows ghat nigerians cannot afford to pay Dstv. South Africa does not have "pay per view". Itsnota must or neccesity to have dstv. If you feel its too expensive, unsubscribe,simple.

Its either you pay less and there will be reduction of channels. If multichoice does not make any profit, they will pack and go, that sould be the good opportuninty for the Chinese owned Stat times. If that happens, we will see whether the service will come closer to that of Dstv or not.

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Setaje:
Popsy will be so happy if it's true. Lol cheesy
did popsy lament and cry bitterly when the prices were jacked up? na play i dey o wink wink
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by assana: 12:18am On Apr 09, 2015
shocked Omo the one i bought yesterday has four pieces of fishes inside althou very smallsmiley cheiiiiii cheating continues in a dubious mannersad
himkers:

Before it was 3pcs in a can for 100naira, now it's 2pcs for 150naira. It's pure cheating
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 12:19am On Apr 09, 2015
Setaje:
Popsy will be so happy if it's true. Lol cheesy
nice pic

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 12:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Realdeals:
Will they obey?
they will, court injunctions are meant to be obeyed untill a higher court overtunes the earlier judgement

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 12:22am On Apr 09, 2015
kamez:
I don't blame dstv, I rather blame the mumu competitors like starcoms, daar saat and co who have refused to compete head to head with dstv.

The gap between them and dstv as regards to picture quality and programming is really alarming.

DSTV forming DORO-BOSS since 1996
starcomms? or u meant startimes?
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 12:26am On Apr 09, 2015
haibe:
With the crap they show, they still wanna increase
the constant repeated programms so boring

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 12:44am On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:

My broda, na 2fishes now dem dey put inside now...
wey we no be almighty saviour (Jesus), how dem want to expect us to use 2 fishes perform magic for belle na?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 09, 2015
South African companies always ripping off Nigerians. The government should put an end to it. Zulus manipulating Nigerians with their half-unclothedness! What nonsense is that?! angry angry angry angry
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 12:57am On Apr 09, 2015
kindnyce:
I DONT BLAME DSTV

I BLAME NIGERIANS FOR NOT COMING UP WITH AN INDIGENOUS COMPANY TO GIVE DSTV A RUN 4 THIER MONEY
hi tv use to be in existence but DSTV ran them out of business aided by our corrupt leaders

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 1:11am On Apr 09, 2015
Muyiwabiggy:
Why are you people rejoicing prematurely? Dstv has not reverted to their previous tarrif and people are still subscribing based on the new pricing system as I am typing this. So what is there to rejoice about, this has always been the issue over the years yet nobody has done anything about it yet we would still sheepishly go to patronise them again and again. When are we going to learn in this country sef? I do not know who gave Dstv such power and authority to behave the way they are with their shitty customer service and exclusive hoarding of the most important football matches at ridiculously high price. Haaa! Diaris God o. I know that one day Bush meat go catch the hunter
i dont think so, 3 dstv call representatives have been calling us begging us to come pay the old rate. now i understand why they told us we can still pay the old rate for now, maybe cos of the court injunction they received
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 1:36am On Apr 09, 2015
Sunshinelady:
and peak milk. Imagine a tin of peak milk = 920 naira
dry milk u mean
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 1:47am On Apr 09, 2015
shinejackie:

Plus airtel, glo, Taxi fares, Molue, prices of fish, kpomo, borokoto, shaki, goat head, suya and kilishi....hahahahah grin grin grin cool
u no add beer?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by nkemjacob2(m): 1:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Time we start snding them packing or give them our price policy b4 dey kill us
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Obidikejr(m): 2:27am On Apr 09, 2015
kamez:
I don't blame dstv, I rather blame the mumu competitors like starcoms, daar saat and co who have refused to compete head to head with dstv.

The gap between them and dstv as regards to picture quality and programming is really alarming.

DSTV forming DORO-BOSS since 1996
there are no local investment into this satellite, our ogas at the top prefer investing,funding and buying shares from dstv. an whatsoever increment in price of subscription favors our ogas at the top, u can see they are not complainin but we the masses are because we work our butts off monthly and then allowin the likes of dstv and mtn steal(yes) a huge percentage of our salary sometimes even more than our tithe... d logic de use on us is simple and brilliant,fact is we wil continue paying bcz painfuly they are the best out der..until our ogas/FG start investing in nd encouragin local satellite tvs like daar, hitv etc we wil continue to suffer this..SA has been sippin us gradually since 900BC

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Luluvich(m): 4:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Ventura1:
Is ok!

Yoruba's again is taking the lead in defending Nigerians against oppression! we have done it before, we can do it again!
osasuyi adebayo is most likely edo. Akoko edo to be precise.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by AhmedInusa: 5:02am On Apr 09, 2015
Correct.... remaining MTN and Gala
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by kurobenny: 5:33am On Apr 09, 2015
We need Dstv "PAY AS YOU GO" plan, all dat money for wich "Light" for Naija. Habaa
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by unikazzy(m): 6:27am On Apr 09, 2015
AhmedInusa:
Correct.... remaining MTN and Gala
guy wetin concern gala here now .......shuuuuu
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 09, 2015
breakeven:
Some of us have already paid the increase, how do l get my money back from DSTV. Please advise
Package yourself with explosive vest, walk into their office and open your jacket. Trust me, you'll get your refund+bonus+fare+apology letter for the inconveniences. But pleaseeeeeeee... don't tell anyone that I gave you the formula ooo... I don't want people to start asking me about debt collection strategies.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 09, 2015
mikron:
u no add beer?

Gbam!!!........ur head correct.... grin grin grin grin
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Spidermon: 9:01am On Apr 09, 2015
Inoknowbook:
All these judges are dafts and half baked. How could u grant an other that cannot stand the test of time if scrutinized by a superior court? The judge has no business granting an order that deprives people of their fundamental right to fair hearing. It is only a half baked judge that would grant a senseless order as the one that bars any new litigant on the issue. U cannot force people to participate in a class action lawsuit. It is their prerogative to decide whether to join a class action suit or not. Whoever does not want to join has the fundamental right to bring a separate lawsuit against multichoice. That order could be easily challenged in the superior court and got dismissed. It is very apparent that the judge does not know his onions when it cones to legal jurisprudence. It's a sad tale on our judiciary.

I am not a lawyer but I know you are correct just from reading John Grisham's King of Torts.
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Bakersfield: 9:28am On Apr 09, 2015
Adesiji77:

Let us see what becomes of this.

DSTV disconnected my account 2 days ago without any prior notice or apologies; this is spite of the fact that my subscription is still active.

Calls to their Customer Call Center were not picked, mails were not responded to even tweets were ignored!

I am really pissed off with them! angry

We are on the same page. I was disconnected 2 days ago and these guys refused to reply tweets or pick phone calls.
It's really disgusting. My subscription still active till 4th of May . Unethical practice indeed. Do we really have regulatory body to do the needful?
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Adesiji77: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Bakersfield:

We are on the same page. I was disconnected 2 days ago and these guys refused to reply tweets or pick phone calls.
It's really disgusting. My subscription still active till 4th of May . Unethical practice indeed. Do we really have regulatory body to do the needful?

Just received a call from DSTV a minute ago.

The lady apologized profusely and asked if I was at home;I gave her a piece of my mind for the bad service.

She affirmed that my line would be reconnected once I switched on the decoder in the evening.

Apparently, the configuration of the new tariff disrupted their system; that much I can ascertain from the call.

Apologies upon apologies dominated the call! cheesy

You should get a call from them soon as they are reaching out to all whose lines were unjustly disconnected.

BTW, the relevant regulatory body(ies) need to be more alive to their responsibilities. angry

CC: Skoopy
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Obidikejr(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2015
14:
i see dis-investment, its not easy to do business in Nigeria, ask Woolworth. This will send wrong message to other potential investors. DStv prices are the same through out Africa. It just shows ghat nigerians cannot afford to pay Dstv. South Africa does not have "pay per view". Itsnota must or neccesity to have dstv. If you feel its too expensive, unsubscribe,simple.

Its either you pay less and there will be reduction of channels. If multichoice does not make any profit, they will pack and go, that sould be the good opportuninty for the Chinese owned Stat times. If that happens, we will see whether the service will come closer to that of Dstv or not.
you just lied right now bro, go make your research well. south africans pay exactly half of what we pay. nigeria pay the highest
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by adasi678: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
These people are rogue and they don't respect the law.they are still collecting the new rate as at 5 mins ago.they need to be dealt with
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by akbahbah(m): 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
I just paid for my gotv subscription today. Multichoice did not yield to the court's verdict. I paid 1800naira instead of 1500naira. Na God go punish dem..

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Krest3d: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
Just paid for renewal too, they haven't obeyed the court order .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iris Season 3 / BBNaija: Alex Transforms Lolu, Tobi, Miracle, Rico Swavey Into 'Women' / Reno Omokri Cautions BBNaija Over Eloswag’s Subtle Campaign For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.