Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism (71458 Views)

"I Can Make You Rich, Happy & Popular" Church Sign Post In Port Harcourt (Pic) / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by zobasky24k(m): 12:54am On Apr 09, 2015
freecocoa:
What is this nonsense these hypocrites always talk about the way of the world and people of the world?

For feck's sakes, you live in the world, eat food from the world, use stuffs made in the world by people of the world, everything about you is literally in the world and you still say you are not of the world and talk crap about people you think you are better than, because they are supposedly of the world? How confused can someone be biko nu?

Am not surprised,,,.. ur madness is unrivalled on nairaland.. fire dey go no be ur fault..

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by elohorayodele: 1:02am On Apr 09, 2015
floragregs:
Pastor dey talk him own. So it should be written on his forehead that he's born again? It's between him and God. What if he's not born again and he tells u he is?

I know you
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 09, 2015
lupey:
Some people should please chill. He didn't sing about obscenities. Its about tge song and who its glorifying, not necessarily the instrument through which its delivered!

Gospel artistes should be given the opportunity to shine. We cant afford to have secular artistes voming to the gospel world to take the spot of gospel artistes.
How many gospel artistes get invited to secular shows
Im only saying that, churches should rather support gospel singers.....
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Tolubory(m): 1:06am On Apr 09, 2015
cool tongue GODWIN nah gospel song nah..
the music pass message.
Lets assume he were given 20 mins to perform
and he can use 20 min to sing..... GODWIN

afterall GODWIN!!!!!
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Dexema(m): 1:56am On Apr 09, 2015
RebelChip:
Nawa oo.... Gradually, worldliness may over run the so called church. I guess Don Jazzy's plan is working! Korrect IGBO Man. Tapping into the resources of Rich Nigerian pastors since the time of Christ!

Meanwhile from Lagos;

I bet you that man wud survive in the lagoon,he looks like a frog already.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by deniyor: 2:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Dear Pastor,
Judge not...After all, na you holy pass.

Deniyor

Damn hypocrisy
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Bexson:
Water-filled brain. Take a cab and drive to hell, coz that's where you belong.
keep mocking yourself, continue your foolis h display
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Terdoo2k4(m): 2:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Aitee1:
Hypocrite everywhere don't they all have his songs on their phone and blasting it ahome morning and night

What's the difference between him and the church members

I think there's a difference between having the song on your phone and inviting the artist on sunday to perform. Sunday worship should be about God not the worship of an artist.

We are all hypocrites in this life but you'd agree that this guy pointed out some'm wrong.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by OracleMxNelson(m): 2:51am On Apr 09, 2015
[size=15pt]What if after the service some youths say they want to follow the ways of Korede Bello.... What will the Pastor tell them... Answer me. [/size]
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by mkpng(m): 2:53am On Apr 09, 2015
Since everybody is now a judge.. Christ must've had a good reason for bringing him to church lol. Jesus loves us all
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 3:17am On Apr 09, 2015
sholexy21:
tor..... E no concern me...
MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE IN LAGOS

SON: Mom, grandma is so annoying, I wish she will just die.
MOTHER: Idiot, it's your mother that will die not mine.

gringrin lwkm
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by daveP(m): 3:53am On Apr 09, 2015
There is something really really wrong with team "dont judge, so you wont be judged"

it irks me what the definition of "judge" actually is.

"to form an opinion about (something or someone) after careful thought."

now the bolded is key here and if applied, Korede isnt supposed to be on that pulpit-simple

compare nathaniel bassey on that same pulpit.... Oh difference is clear now ba?

Gospel musician probably needs a new definition as well. "God" is a term used millions of times amongst secular artistes all over the world in the last 50decades. Doesnt make the hundreds of thousands of them to be tagged "gospel artiste"

hmmmm (wondering and pondering)

how do you know iya risi's moinmoin is better than iya friday's-careful thought!!! That why we have a "CPU" in our skull.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by DSuperWoman(f): 4:06am On Apr 09, 2015
on point. Christians want to keep all the laws in the world both the ones meant for the Israelites and every other nation to the ones they've caged themselves with but simple LOVE they cannot keep. the only Law Christ gave LOVE. love those in the world on top and under the world. "for God so LOVED THE WORLD that..." many Christians drive people away from Christ instead of drawing them to him. they don't understand that God can use anybody even an unbelieving madman to pass his message. God win is a song that carries the messagem of Gods grace (the same grace apostle Paul was craking his head in trying to explain to the jews 2000 years ago, we still don't get it, we still don't know that where he is , there is Liberty). it passes a very important message on how people should always give God praise for occurrences in their lives instead of thinking it was by their hard work (if God doesn't let it no matter how hard you work you wont get it). so what if the song is being played in clubs? #Godwin. big up to Koredo bello for taking God's message to the clubs.
freecocoa:
What is this nonsense these hypocrites always talk about the way of the world and people of the world?

For feck's sakes, you live in the world, eat food from the world, use stuffs made in the world by people of the world, everything about you is literally in the world and you still say you are not of the world and talk crap about people you think you are better than, because they are supposedly of the world? How confused can someone be biko nu?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Pvictor10(m): 4:36am On Apr 09, 2015
If it's Frank Edwards that sang 'GODWIN' it will be tagged Gospel o. This world sha.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by obiak4(m): 4:55am On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
the world is going insane

soon timaya or terry G will be invited to sing in a church
why am I even surprise ? saint Janet do perform at church
na today naash dey for back?
It a semi-church na no b full church watch out
new album dbang ft orisejafor,tb j,cris okot.,o.o.o with back up from his royal highnest in d flyest terry gez
church compromising since the days of cain and abel
my ten percent contribution to God
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by obiak4(m): 5:00am On Apr 09, 2015
naijainfogalery:
In my Religious mind, well i cant judge He sang that song to praise God and In Gods Kingdom there is no segregation, Afterall Solomon sang some of the best love song ever and its there writtin in the Bible

And In my normal mind This is simple arithmetic

Some Churches are not really Gods house to promote Gods kingdom, they are glorified Business Center set up not to save souls but to make money. So for the church its just a mere performance no strings attached. Girls Shake body , pay more offering, pastor hammer case closed
you must be the son of the most high cos flesh and blood has not reveal these things to you
it all about the paper men
fela on point since the days of adam and till jesus come
long live abami eda
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by obiak4(m): 5:01am On Apr 09, 2015
Ricardo2400:
He used to be a muslim, I don't know about nw

This is a song that is being played in most clubs and he is not a gospel artist,So I don't see what he is doing in a church undecided
bro na evangelism to hammer
the pastor say he serve the son of the carpenter so he must hammer
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by obiak4(m): 5:04am On Apr 09, 2015
Opey4luv:
And what's wrong with the church having a little bit of Godly fun?

grin grin grin
which one b goodly fun again oooo
hmmmm how did jesus have fun don't add you verse to the bibble ooo opeluv 1 vs 3 it is written have godly fun!!!?
All this things you are saying derisgod oooooo
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by obiak4(m): 5:09am On Apr 09, 2015
ShakurM:
Which kind hypocrisy be this now Pastor! angry

Pastor 'Fabunmi' 'Ifabunmi'

Help me ask pastor why e no change name first!
ifa is involve in this matter would consult him and ask
if ifa get some alert na godwin too na lol
pastor who is suppose to knw better answering to the gods you can see why he will always make mistake next is cythia morgan,then afrobaby
mean while the general is in town
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by obiak4(m): 5:12am On Apr 09, 2015
freecocoa:

o boy u did't take your drugs today?
Be yea not conform to things of the world asin no do as the word dey do
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 09, 2015
Am not surprised, modern day "christianity" is nothing but an aberration of God's standard. blindness, unclothedness and bizarre showmanship, a reminiscence of modern Hollywood. A great destruction awaits her; sodom and gomorah and other historical divine destruction stands as a cloud of witness. Lord have mercy
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by darepoju(m): 6:25am On Apr 09, 2015
harry509:
I udastnd u sir. Dat Godwin song I av listen 2 it ova n ova again, am always happy wen I listen 2 d song. Aldoh mayb d church shud av nvited frank edward or samsong ryte?
am so happy right now ...u knw y?
because u understood my point..
frank Edwards..buchi...Solomon Lange...etc..we have plenty of this gospel artist that will perhaps not take up to 50% of what Godwin (Abi wetin Una dey call am) took. and their performance will Glorify God..

its just like bringing Akpororo to perform in church (in fact he performed at redeem camp..I mean their HQ.) if he's on mic u will see anointing flowing.. I don't know but I guess he started as a church boy..

d reason why he shouldn't be allowed on the pulpit is because he is a comedian dat talks dirty on stage (in d circular world)..

some will say its a way of bringing them to God.. but others will simply say we are bringing the world into the church..

James 4.4 said it all.
may #Godwin our souls for his kingdom..
good morning..
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by darepoju(m): 6:32am On Apr 09, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
dey dere dey decieve yourself. Why haven't they sang it in any of the churches? Why?
no mind dat guy abeg.... see wahala o...e even dey call u dude.. mtchewww....
him for say make them include am for hymn books and SSS since na gospel song...

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by sCross: 6:33am On Apr 09, 2015
lupey:
Some people should please chill. He didn't sing about obscenities. Its about tge song and who its glorifying, not necessarily the instrument through which its delivered!

REALLY?? Imagine Terry G or dbanj leading you into worship "Lord i lift your name on high"

Self deceit is the world's leading killer

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by harry509: 6:36am On Apr 09, 2015
darepoju:
am so happy right now ...u knw y?
because u understood my point..
frank Edwards..buchi...Solomon Lange...etc..we have plenty of this gospel artist that will perhaps not take up to 50% of what Godwin (Abi wetin Una dey call am) took. and their performance will Glorify God..

its just like bringing Akpororo to perform in church (in fact he performed at redeem camp..I mean their HQ.) if he's on mic u will see anointing flowing.. I don't know but I guess he started as a church boy..

d reason why he shouldn't be allowed on the pulpit is because he is a comedian dat talks dirty on stage (in d circular world)..

some will say its a way of bringing them to God.. but others will simply say we are bringing the world into the church..

James 4.4 said it all.
may #Godwin our souls for his kingdom..
good morning..
well GOD know's d best aniway. Gudmni.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by franugo(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2015
darepoju:
did u say Godly fun....
that's deadly fun not Godly fun....
do u knw that performance might have won souls for devil??

mumuundecided
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Apex32: 6:48am On Apr 09, 2015
World in the church, church in the world. May God have mercy on us!
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by danielicon(m): 6:52am On Apr 09, 2015
floragregs:
Pastor dey talk him own. So it should be written on his forehead that he's born again? It's between him and God. What if he's not born again and he tells u he is?
why can't people like u just be straightforward ?let d truth be told , they shouldnothave called...the pastor is 100% correct. and u talking abt been born again... if one is born again , his life and musics should reflect it... not when one clubs on Friday .on Sunday, he/she calls himself a born again ...blatant lie!!!
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ad84ada(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
Let Everything that has breath, praise the Lord. cool
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Bexson: 7:06am On Apr 09, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
keep mocking yourself, continue your foolis h display
Your own level of stupidity is dat you don't even know it's you that's being mocked? You are already finished.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 09, 2015
The love of God will wax cold in ds times.. d word of Jesus really coming to pass... and to think dat Christians support korede ballo church invitation..show decadence in christianity ds days
... buh only Jesus can save us...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sihle Sibisi's Daughter Dies! Tshepang khanyisile Seleke Is Dead / Pastor Adeboye Uses Wooden Staff For Miracles [PHOTO] / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.