Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today (2046 Views)

Richard King Leaves PDP For APC (Photos) / #EdoDecides: Solomon Edebiri Leaves PDP / Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by omenka(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2015

By Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

Former Deputy Speaker of the House of
Representatives and founding member of the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Hon. Chibudom
Nwuche, has resigned his membership of the
party.

In a letter dated March 29, and addressed to the
National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu
Mu’azu, Nwuche said he “had watched with
dismay the party’s descent into cabalism and
god-fatherism as certain individuals became
practical owners of the party’s structures and
ensured that many persons with capacity and
integrity had no opportunity to serve and
remained shut out of governance.”

He blamed PDP leaders for not being able to
stand up in defence of the truth and in support
of the representational democracy, adding that
his decision to quit the party was made a long
time but was delayed in order to allow
conclusion of the presidential poll.

Nwuche further recalled with sadness that “most respected pioneer leaders and founding fathers of the party such as former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Chief Barnabas Gemade amongst others who were natural rallying points for the party were marginalised and have since left the party on account of these injustices” Nwuche further noted that he has “been a serial victim of this injustice in our party where my peoples’ wish to have me represent them at the senate has been frustrated twice in spite of my enormous popularity in my senatorial zone and my state as a whole, and even after winning the primaries.”

As part of the move for a possible realignment,
THISDAY gathered that the former Deputy
Speaker’s kinsmen are billed to meet with him
today at his country home in Ochigba town,
Ahoda Local Government in Rivers State to
persuade him to consider joining forces with the
All Progressives Congress (APC).

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nwuche-leaves-pdp-may-declare-for-apc-today/206290/

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by Mynd44: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2015
Dear PDP members,

Stay in your party and grow it. Do what the APC did. That's if you dare

11 Likes

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Am I supposed to be happy about this? angry

Its high time APC leaders put a restriction on how these PDP members defect. Its becoming like a joke to me.

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by ElekeNtioba: 7:22am On Apr 09, 2015
The scrabble for APC's largesse has started. Soon, Buhari will discover dat his anti-corruption drive is untenable cos every disgruntled criminal in PDP defected to his party. So much for change.

2 Likes

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by drtwist(m): 7:22am On Apr 09, 2015
Who he help? Shuun bebe voice
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by Tolatutu: 7:23am On Apr 09, 2015
APC must stop taking these guys, they always want to reap where they didn't sow. You will see them crossing over in Lagos next week once just kidding loses grin
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by QuotaSystem: 7:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Someone here said Igbos can never play the opposition and are Any Government In Power (AGIP). Now I see what they meant. All the APC needs to do is exploit these shameless defectors to gain a stronghold in the SS/SE (Ayiri, Orji Kalu etc.) and then give to each what they contributed to the party pre-election.

3 Likes

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by omenka(m): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:
Dear PDP members,

Stay in your party and grow it. Do what the APC did. That's if you dare
They can not. Not only because they no longer have state powers to execute their devious plans, but they simply don't have the brains to take them there. They were more interested in promoting and patronising thugs, gun runners, and drug dealers. Just take a roll call of PDP as it stands today, who do you think the party could prop itself up on when they've lost people like Obj, IBB, Atiku, Kwankwaso et al; Jonathan? Mark? Kashamu? FFK? Okupe? Bode George??

I don't see PDP surviving 5months after the governorships.

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by dayo23(f): 7:28am On Apr 09, 2015
They thought Buhari is a weakling like GEJ, they will all be shock!

2 Likes

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by omenka(m): 7:29am On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Its high time APC leaders put a restriction on how these PDP members defect. Its becoming like a joke to me.
They would do that, but I believe it would come after the governorship elections. I now see their wisdom in keeping the gates open. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by focus7: 7:30am On Apr 09, 2015
There are actually some wise ones among the igbos, this is good to hear.

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by dayo23(f): 7:30am On Apr 09, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
The scrabble for APC's largesse has started. Soon, Buhari will discover dat his anti-corruption drive is untenable cos every disgruntled criminal in PDP defected to his party. So much for change.
Relax and wait until may 29th, you will see why we all supported Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by BlackBaron: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Lack of party ideologies is the reason why a man can wake up one morning and port to another. lipsrsealed

Number 2 is greed.

Tomorrow, if Jonathan joins apc, they'll receive him too abi undecided

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by gists: 7:43am On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

madam, I completely agree with you
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by Chanchit: 7:46am On Apr 09, 2015
Olojukokoro, ole!
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by modath(f): 7:48am On Apr 09, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by Wendyslim(f): 7:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Abeg has apc become a recycle bin? Pdp shd remain in dir party jare
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by QuotaSystem: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2015
BlackBaron:
Lack of party ideologies is the reason why a man can wake up one morning and port to another. lipsrsealed

Number 2 is greed.

Tomorrow, if Jonathan joins apc, they'll receive him too abi undecided

Freedom of association is guaranteed by the constitution sir. Take solace in the knowledge that Tinubu, Lai Mohammed and GMB are neither blind nor stupidd.

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by Jorussia(m): 8:03am On Apr 09, 2015
APC should start rejecting these PDP guys Jare.It was ordinary Nigerians who were not politicians that brought buhari into power. PDP should learn from tinubu,who until recently has been in opposition since 1999

1 Like

Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by themilanway(m): 8:04am On Apr 09, 2015
The defection was fun before,now its no longer funny.Too many egos and bagages,all came with the same intent and purpose............power grabbing.

APC is becoming like a star studded football team,no one who joined even at the 11th hour would want to be relegated to the background.

How do you and how long do you persuade the likes of Atiku,Ayiri,Silva,Ondo deputy Governor and the other big wigs to either foregone/shelve a political ambition for XYZ person(s)?

How many Party leaders in the true sense do the APC have?

I have my worries for APC and i hope they can manage these over bloated egos that are joining left right and centre.

And please,you guys should stop refering Femi Fani Kayode as a PDP member.That guy is a shameless prostitue.
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by Pavore9: 8:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Fair weather politicians, men of no principle! Should KOWA become the ruling party tomorrow they would decamp again!
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by HzRF(m): 8:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Pavore9:
Fair weather politicians, men of no principle! Should KOWA become the ruling party tomorrow they would decamp again!
Don't mind dem
Don't u hear he's waiting for d outcome of presidential poll to see where the pasture will be greener
Change my foot
Re: Nwuche Leaves PDP, May Declare For APC Today by mbulela: 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Political contractors!!

(1) (Reply)

How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! / PDP Begs NEMA To Donate Food To Osun Workers! / Nigeria Arrests one of its biggest Oil Tycoon As Corruption Probe Widens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.