Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC (46226 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / Igbo Groups Asks Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu To Step Down / ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by bugs2: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2015
Two Igbo groups have dragged the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, to the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, for threatening that Igbos who vote for PDP’s Jimi Agbaje in this Saturday’s gubernatorial election will drown in the Lagoon.

The groups being Ohanaeze-Ndigbo Lagos and Igbo Justice Congress in a petition to the Executive Secretary of NHRC, Prof. Ben Angwe, called for the intervention of the Commission to prevent the threat by Oba Akiolu from happening.

According to the petition sponsored by Innocent Arinze and Arinze Ugwu for Ohaneze Ndigbo and Igbo Justice Congress respectively, “The entire Igbo in Lagos State seeks your intervention to forestall the threat by HRM Oba Akiolu, the Oba of Lagos to drown all Ndigbo in Lagos State inside the Lagoon if they failed to vote his candidate, Ambode of the APC – Lagos.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/09/igbo-groups-drag-oba-akiolu-to-human-rights-commission/

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by kelch19(m): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2015
Hmmmmm.... This issue is now getting to sometin else... Let us allow peace abeg...

14 Likes

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by mideoti(f): 8:09am On Apr 09, 2015
Give this guy a break for Pete's sake. Am not saying what he said was right.....i consider it as an absolutely ridiculous statement coming from a person of high position in the Yoruba community
But all the same, an Oba is an Oba, treat him like one even if he doesn't deserve it.
........just saying

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Jwonder4eva: 8:19am On Apr 09, 2015
The Award For the Most F00LISH Monarch in Nigeria Goes To ................................................................

OBA AKIOLU ....THE OBA OF LAGOS.

Yoruba's having been quoting me since and spewing trash!! You guys are all hypocrites. That was how a Yoruba Oba Raped An Igbo Youth Corper and people were insulting him..this same yoruba people where shout then that we should respect d royal throne and mind how we talk, now another #mumu oba has said another one and they still want us to keep quiet.. NO WAY!!!!!!

ANY MAN WHO BRINGS AN ANT INFESTED WOOD INTO HIS HOUSE SHOULD BE READY TO HAVE LIZARDS AS VISITOR'S.

biggybanty7:
God punish una am not yoruba but una dey lagos dey win hoouse of Rep member and commisioner,and una activities dey move fine. Hw many non indigine Aba or onitsha don get dat office?na igbos bring ethnic cum dis country na so una dey opress pple 4 igboland anyhw and dey dey treat yoruba 4 dia land una don 4get dis fight na 4 all yoruba kingdom

Please can you name one Non-idigine that has tried to contest for position in Igbo land but the Igbo's refused, please just give me one, plss naaa!!!!!!
And also show me where and when has any non-indigine been oppressed in Igbo land..
You guys should stop spreading lies!!!!!!!!! ENVY is your problem... tongue

182 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Trut(m): 8:23am On Apr 09, 2015
APC started reporting people to NHRC and ICC, I hope APC won't be sad to hear that their Oba has been reported to NHRC ?

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Wendyslim(f): 8:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Mtchewwww. Dis pple go soon regret dir actions.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ardeks(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2015
This issue again?? Why not treat whatever he said as just one of those things, and let peace reigns. Ahba!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Janet101(f): 8:28am On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:
The Award For the Most F00LISH Monarch in Nigeria Goes To ................................................................

OBA AKIOLU ....THE OBA OF LAGOS.

U sound stupid

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by 4stylz: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
Wendyslim:
Mtchewwww. Dis pple go soon regret dir actions.

Nothing will happen..any attempt to disrupt there peaceful living will lead to war...and it won't be easy for everybody!

Your oba should prepare to international court/prison when that happens...better and more influential compare to the oba of lagos..

So I repeat...nothing dey happen

I nor be igbo...but i'm still saying Nothing any Nigerian in Lagos can do to another Nigerian in this matter

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
grin

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by driand(m): 8:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Interesting but even as an igbo man here I know agbaje and Co are trying to capitalize on the big mouth of the the monarch, but in my opinion people should ignore the old man and vote ambode in Lagos for continuity in the governance of Lagos, now that Lagos has a chance to work together with the FG.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by AustineE1: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2015
As wise africans will say,the shameless Oba 'brought an ant infested wood into his house,he should expect lizards'.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by 4stylz: 8:33am On Apr 09, 2015
4stylz:

Nothing will happen..any attempt to disrupt there peaceful living will lead to war...and it won't be easy for everybody!

Your oba should prepare for international court/prison when that happens...better and more influential are there compare to the oba of lagos..

So I repeat...nothing dey happen

I nor be igbo...but i'm still saying Nothing any Nigerian in Lagos can do to another Nigerian in this matter

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ElekeNtioba: 8:36am On Apr 09, 2015
The next stop for the Oba is the ICC at Hague. There he would mount the stand and account for the crime of inciting genocide against a major tribe in Nigeria.

This case is far from over.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Jwonder4eva: 8:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Janet101:

U sound stupid

tongue tongue tongue tongue your Oba is a Monkey, if e pain you, then you and your monkey oba can go jump into the Lagoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by whitecat2: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2015
You guys can't do anything. You will just cry and whine that's it. And for all the places you take him, at most they will come to his palace and bow to him.
AustineE1:
As wise africans will say,the shameless Oba 'brought an ant infested wood into his house,he should expect lizards'.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Jwonder4eva: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat2:
You guys can't do anything. You will just cry and whine that's it. And for all the places you take him, at most they will come to his palace and bow to him.

Nobody will bow to your useless oba!! And please why have we not seen or heard from your mumu oba since this whole wahala started, or is he scared to show his face......

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Henrypraise41(m): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2015
Go on and teach him a lesson so that others will learn.At least to leave his palace and go to court for querry every morning is a big shame to him, he invited trouble and now some people said they should leave him alone? no he should explain the true definition of what he said, infact this is an avenue to curb all this their imunity clause in lagos.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by paulolee(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2015
kk
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Sweetguy25: 11:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Enough of the madness abeg.

I be Igbo boy but lets be truthful and honest, if those useless political jobbers and beggars called Eze Ndigbo didn't pay a courtesy visit to the fooolish Oba, the Oba wouldn't have seen anyone to vent his anger on and this whole furor and tension would never had occurred.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Firefire(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2015
e don do now, watin, haba angry

Igbos, can you please stop this caricature now! angry

You got enough condemnation of the statement already.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
No, raid his home instead.
Do to him what they did to diz crook here.

6 Likes

undecided

Why all this trouble? Why Why? What for? ?? What is the gain? Why do humans love to lose so much for nothing? ?? Ha! Aye oooo.This world is too deep, let peace rain.

No matter how any tribe get strong head reach, them no go fit use carry lighter enter hell fire!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ddaammyy(f): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Let them take this issue easy o

2 Likes

Oba is a human being under the law...nobody, and I repeat, nobody is above the law. Sue the old niggga. Cc:Orijin

48 Likes 4 Shares

All these shameless yorubastard monarchs who will not leave the Igbos alone.

First it was Oba Adebukola Alli who raped Helen Okpara who was a corper serving in Osun state in 2012...

Now this useless mor.on Oba of Lagos threatening to kill Igbos by throwing them into the Lagoon.

Well, my neighbor whose brother resides in Onitsha was telling me that some guys in Onitsha most of whom were members of MASSOB have grouped themselves and targeted some yourubastard tailors and business people in Onitsha. They have agreed that for any body found in the Lagoon after April 11th and is identified to be that of an Igbo, 10 yorubastards will be fed to the crocodiles in the River Niger and their bones will be used in the construction the second Niger Bridge!

A stewpid fvcktard will just come out and open his smelly ewedu mouth to talk rubbish about the igbos! We shall see...

Enough is Enough!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Hempe(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Old fool causing tribalism trauma........ He should b thrown in the
Lagoon instead....

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Sunnycliff(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Mehn this Oba's statement is really heating
the Polity! How I Wish as he was about to say
this, a sudden cough came on him and he wud
ask first for water and forget this statement! it
wud hav been better

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Mitsurugi(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2015
I hope OPC will pay for his legal representation... grin

cc; jaysniggs (The INTERNET Tribal Warlord)

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ruggedboy01: 11:18am On Apr 09, 2015
Igbo and yelloba civil war looming embarassed angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed / Wike, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amina In Ogoni For The Launch Of Clean-up / Hope Uzodinma, Oyetola And Ganduje Visit President-Elect Bola Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.