Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! (7787 Views)

Hausas And The Honda Brand / Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport / Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by lungwun(m): 8:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Just read this on Jalopnik - http://jalopnik.com/dead-honda-crosstour-1696567853

The Honda Crosstour, one of the homeliest vehicles on the road and a sad substitute for the Accord Tourer that other markets get, is dead. Pour one out for the Crosstour tonight, if you feel so inclined.

The news of the death of the Crosstour (née Accord Crosstour) comes from its hometown newspaper the Columbus Dispatch. They report that the 2016 model year is the last for the Crosstour as Honda frees up capacity at their Marysville, Ohio plant to make other models.

Rest in peace, Crosstour. At least you came in brown.

It all started off with the Acura So-Ugly-I-Forget-its-Name, then the Venza was called into the great Automotive Heaven Hell, And the latest victim is the Crosstour.

I can already hear the screams of several Nigerians who loved the ugly misshapen Wagonoid.

I for one am pleased that that craze seems to be dying off.

Shout off in the comments below if you are dismayed or happy that its gone.

1 Like

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Inception(m): 8:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Same issue with the Toyota Venza....
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2015
That vehicle was a nice one. I guess poor marketing of the vehicle played the part in its demise.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Shagati(m): 10:04am On Apr 09, 2015
Uglyasfvck car.

Glad it is gone.
Sad thing is someone somewhere will replace it with equal or surpassed hideousness.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by abatically(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2015
First it was the Acura ZDX (though I wish it had stayed as that car looks weird but unique), then Venza and now Crosstour. Could it be there's not enough market for these tall wagons (I know some will call them cuv or SUV but in reality they are tall wagons).
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by tmanis(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Will miss the venza, never liked d crosstour..
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nothing in that car seemed appealing to me sef. The design is just ugly!

The acura zdx is a cool car, likewise the venza. I still don't get why their productions are coming to an end.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Denn(m): 7:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Victoriousvic:
Nothing in that car seemed appealing to me sef. The design is just ugly!

The acura zdx is a cool car, likewise the venza. I still don't get why their productions are coming to an end.

We buy them used.

The people who buy them new don't really want them as evidenced by the low sales (annual sales of venza was a bit like the monthly sale of the camry)

So, our decisions don't really count until we start controlling manufacture and volumes of new vehicles.

6 Likes

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Denn:

We buy them used.

The people who buy them new don't really want them as evidenced by the low sales (annual sales of venza was a bit like the monthly sale of the camry)

So, our decisions don't really count until we start controlling manufacture and volumes of new vehicles.

Yeah, that's true.

It's still quite a pity though. I thought the venza was a high-selling car in the US, but the sales records have proved my thoughts wrong.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2015
lungwun:
Just read this on Jalopnik - http://jalopnik.com/dead-honda-crosstour-1696567853

It all started off with the Acura So-Ugly-I-Forget-its-Name, then the Venza was called into the great Automotive Heaven Hell, And the latest victim is the Crosstour.

I can already hear the screams of several Nigerians who loved the ugly misshapen Wagonoid.

I for one am pleased that that craze seems to be dying off.

Shout off in the comments below if you are dismayed or happy that its gone.
i think u mean Acura ZDX. Meanwhile, i dnt fancy them but will miss them.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 10, 2015
abatically:
First it was the Acura ZDX (though I wish it had stayed as that car looks weird but unique), then Venza and now Crosstour. Could it be there's not enough market for these tall wagons (I know some will call them cuv or SUV but in reality they are tall wagons).
hehe, remember R-Class also died but u think same will be heard of Panamera?
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by lungwun(m): 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
Bossforeva:
hehe, remember R-Class also died but u think same will be heard of Panamera?

The panamera isn't going anywhere. Its quirky looks grow on you and i quite enjoy seeing them now.

The next thing to go should, IMO be the Toyobaru twins and the Cadillac XTS
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by dotna(m): 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
liked the cross tour cos of the high ground clearance, zdx n venza were no no to me. i still avnt forgiven bmw for the x6 cos its so off point but the 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback is a perfect ride
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Originalsly: 6:45am On Apr 11, 2015
Good riddance...Crosstour had to be a mistake. See a lot of Venza...seem to be getting more popular...the latest model is so much more sleek and appealing than the first....getting rid of that one I don't agree!
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by lonelydora: 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
Shape wise I prefer Venza but interior wise I choose Crosstour. I won't even miss any of them.

Rest in peace ZDX, VENZA, CROSSTOUR.

1 Like

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by sultaan(m): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
lonelydora:
Shape wise I prefer Venza but interior wise I choose Crosstour. I won't even miss any of them.

Rest in peace ZDX, VENZA, CROSSTOUR.

Many other manufacturers like Chrysler with their Magnum, Taurus wagon/ TaurusX/Freestyle have learnt their lesson so they have to wait for the next generation of buyers.
Those wagons are stuck between the small crossovers like CRV and the mid sized ones like the Edge and Murano.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by sultaan(m): 6:15am On Apr 12, 2015
See the competition how can both cars win?

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Qualer: 7:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Shagati:
Uglyasfvck car.

Glad it is gone.
Sad thing is someone somewhere will replace it with equal or surpassed hideousness.

Same here!!
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Qualer: 7:33am On Apr 12, 2015
Originalsly:
Good riddance...Crosstour had to be a mistake. See a lot of Venza...seem to be getting more popular...the latest model is so much more sleek and appealing than the first....getting rid of that one I don't agree!

You get better eye my man!!
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Readonee35L(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2015
Infact i never liked the cross tour neither did i cherish the venza

Becaus thy are actually the same as the camry and accord
But the venze still looks better
The bck side of d cross_tour is dumb
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by abatically(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
Readonee35L:
Infact i never liked the cross tour neither did i cherish the venza

Becaus thy are actually the same as the camry and accord
But the venze still looks better
The bck side of d cross_tour is dumb

Toyota venza is different from Camry. But Honda crosstour is basically an accord wagon and Honda didn't deny that, the official name is Honda accord crosstour. The interior, engine, drive train is the same with same year accord except for the awd versions.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Readonee35L(m): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
abatically:

Toyota venza is different from Camry. But Honda crosstour is basically an accord wagon and Honda didn't deny that, the official name is Honda accord crosstour. The interior, engine, drive train is the same with same year accord except for the awd versions.

I gt ur point...
But the venza is almost d same
Little chnges in d interior
And maybe drive terrain
They evn share d same v6 engine
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by lungwun(m): 7:22am On Apr 13, 2015
Readonee35L:

I gt ur point...
But the venza is almost d same
Little chnges in d interior
And maybe drive terrain
They evn share d same v6 engine

Everything Toyota makes that has a V6 (sans the trucks) shares that 11 year old V6 engine.

Toyota has been using the same engine developed in 2004-2005 till date.

Hey Toyota, how about creating a new engine? Maybe something with a turbo in it?

Toyota doesn't innovate at all. I remember them using the same 4 speed auto transmission in the corolla up to the 2013 model year.

How wont they be reliable when they keep using old things?
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Readonee35L(m): 9:56am On Apr 13, 2015
lungwun:

Everything Toyota makes that has a V6 (sans the trucks) shares that 11 year old V6 engine.

Hey Toyota, how about creating a new engine? Maybe something with a turbo in it?

Toyota doesn't innovate at all. I remember them using the same 4 speed auto transmission in the corolla up to the 2013 model year.

Bro
...they might look the same
But there re diffrences as thy produce newer editions
More hp and they tend too fix the flaws of previous editions.... like the strip Head bolt on the 03 camry...

But the engines will still fit into each other . Not only toyota
..HONDA shares same engine on
The accord.
Pilot
Odyssey
Cross-tour
Ridge-line
And the acura variants too
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by lungwun(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Readonee35L:

Bro
...they might look the same
But there re diffrences as thy produce newer editions
More hp and they tend too fix the flaws of previous editions.... like the strip Head bolt on the 03 camry...

But the engines will still fit into each other . Not only toyota
..HONDA shares same engine on
The accord.
Pilot
Odyssey
Cross-tour
Ridge-line
And the acura variants too

I quite understand engine sharing as it works towards increasing economies of scale. But that Toyota 2GR-FE 3.5 V6 that started life in the 05 Avalon has neither been updated nor changed till date. They only thing they did was add in DI for the lexus range of vehicles that use the engine.

In the same time frame, BMW has steadily improved their 3.0 straight six, and even slapped a twin turbocharger in there.

Counter argument - If it ain't broke don't fix it.

1 Like

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by abatically(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
lungwun:

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I don't see anything wrong in using the same engine for different models. It makes sourcing for parts easier. Honda I VTEC k series was introduced in 2002 and has been used on accords, crv, pilot, element up to 2012. Also Nissan VQ engines have been used from 1994 up till now with little mods to improve mpg and HP.

1 Like

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by blank(f): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
I will miss the Crosstour, ZDX and Venza. I love the look of those cars. They had sexy bomboms. tongue

1 Like

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Kashif(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
the reliability of the 2GR-FE has been improved on over the years....

I would like to know another engine that combines its power with efficiency.
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by lungwun(m): 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
Kashif:
the reliability of the 2GR-FE has been improved on over the years....

I would like to know another engine that combines its power with efficiency.

Very easy answer, BMW N20B20 (the 180kw version)

Try again?
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Kashif(m): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2015
lungwun:

Very easy answer, BMW N20B20 (the 180kw version)
Try again?

180 kW (245 PS; 241 hp) @ 5000

That is the power from the N20B20. It still does not match the 2GR-FE's 269 hp. Next?

1 Like

Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by lungwun(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2015
Kashif:

180 kW (245 PS; 241 hp) @ 5000

That is the power from the N20B20. It still does not match the 2GR-FE's 269 hp. Next?

Lmao! Now ask yourself, Don't you find it strange 269Hp propels a Camry to 60 at 5.7-5.8 seconds whilst 240hp propels a 3 series to 60 in 5.5 seconds?

Everyone (well, except you) knows BMW is rather conservative with HP figures. So their 240hp is more powerful and efficient than Toyota's 269hp.

Let me even break it down further for you. The Camry (XV50) weighs 1,551 kg and the North American 328 (F30) weighs 1570kg.

So, the heavier, under-powered BMW is faster than the lighter Camry in both 0 - 60 sprints and quarter mile times.

What were you saying about efficiency again?
Re: The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! by Kashif(m): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2015
lungwun:

Lmao! Now ask yourself, Don't you find it strange 269Hp propels a Camry to 60 at 5.7-5.8 seconds whilst 240hp propels a 3 series to 60 in 5.5 seconds?
Everyone (well, except you) knows BMW is rather conservative with HP figures. So their 240hp is more powerful and efficient than Toyota's 269hp.
Let me even break it down further for you. The Camry (XV50) weighs 1,551 kg and the North American 328 (F30) weighs 1570kg.
So, the heavier, under-powered BMW is faster than the lighter Camry in both 0 - 60 sprints and quarter mile times.
What were you saying about efficiency again?

You are mixing it up friend. It is ignorance that will make you say that BM's 240hp is more powerful (and efficient) than a Toyota's 269hp. A meter is a meter; 1kg mass is 1kg mass; Jupiter or Pluto.

We are talking about raw engine power, and not drive trains. A 500hp is always a 500hp, be it from BM, Kia, or Bugatti. There are many other factors that can affect what a hp does to a vehicle - like transmission, propulsion, rims/tyres, weight, earodynamics, etc.

Thanks for the effort though.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Caption These Photos Of Accidents Between German And Japanese/ Chinese Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.