Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. (10950 Views)

42 Old English You Never Get To Know Before / How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book / Want To Sell Your Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by adebayo201: 7:38am On Nov 12, 2016
Kusibe77:
^
Glowingscenes
Bukkydan
serbonsomething

Modified.
I don't understand this part.

Have plan B...nl can be intelligent

senbonzakurakageyoshi
grin

1 Like

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 12, 2016
Divepen1:
Note the following and your stay here will be flowing.

1. Nairaland is forum of different personalities.
2. Be careful of using a long sentence as a Title: The day the river ran through Igbobiland.
3. Nairaland can never ever prevent plagiarist from stealing your works they can only help you fight against the stealer.
4. You have to be the one to encourage yourself; comments might not come for a long time.
5. Take corrections.
6. Your story can make FP if your plot, grammar and flow is so captivating; if you get high views within few minutes of opening the thread.
7. Have a back up for your story.
8. Have plan B for your chapters because Nairalanders are intelligent.
9. Try not to call for Criticism from Nlanders; rather, ask them to enjoy it and they will correct your mistakes.
10. If any of the mods- Ishilove, Humblesbygrace, Obinnau- comment on your story know that you are blessed.
11. Always put the copyright sign © To avoid story that touch
12 Avoid Capitalisation of Titles.
13. Thoroughly edit your story before pasting it: It add value to your name.
14. You have the chance of winning 5000N as the best writer of the month.
15. You have the chance of being nominated for 'The Best Newcomer'.
16. Your confidence, name and fame can be built here
17. If you have not finished a story offline, posting it on Nl can help you finish it because readers will always ask for more.
18. Post only your story or any reviewed work. And if you want to post others story give links to their works.
19. Please avoid the use of 'am' instead of the normal 'I'm'
20. Stay up to date because of our yearly award for writers.
21. Watch out for Nl E-workshop for writers and competitions.
22. When you see these writers, treat them with respect; honour them
*Royver
*Audreytimms
*Larrysun
* Mynd44
*Ihenobi( Now off the grid)
* Repogirl
*Temitopedaniels
*D9ty7
*Tiffany
*Candy
*Princesa
*Prettyspicey
*Flakkydagirl
*Sammyhoe
* Therock5555
*Frank316
Please you can add yours.

Ishilove is not a mod. Besides, why do you want us to hold her in high esteem someone that is yet to complete a story started in 2013 or so?
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by aalangel(f): 7:50am On Nov 12, 2016
So that's how crappy stories make front-page?
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by skalett(f): 8:04am On Nov 12, 2016
Kusibe77:
^
Glowingscenes
Bukkydan
serbonsomething.

Modified.
I don't understand this part.

Have plan B...nl can be intelligent

Some nairalanders know the end of your story before you finish, in order to keep them interested you have to keep tweaking it. Thats one of the reasons i never post a complete story on NL wink
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2016
Kayemjay?
repogirl:
Ummm Divepen1, you forgot one egotistic writer whose name starts with K and ends with Y..... sad

This is an old list sha, most of us on it are quite extinct now.
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by skalett(f): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2016
adebayo201:
skal ett

Present sir, thanks for the mention. This is a really enlightening piece
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Revolva(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2016
please nairaland remove me from it spambot
each time I place a link from my website I get banned
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by kayemdy: 8:35am On Nov 12, 2016
Op you forgot to add..

once you start a story all the gods in your village will be released to make sure you don't finish your story.

so you must be ready to fight them.

nice one Divepen
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by buffalowings: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2016
What is this?

Continue patting yourselves.

angry
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by femi4: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2016
Didn't see my name there. AM a writer too.....sorry "I'm"
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by kayemdy: 8:50am On Nov 12, 2016
tooltip:
Kayemjay?
I think so.....
repo good morning
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2016
ion even know most of em..... One thingi know is.... Readers can get very nasty if yu don't update on time.
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by ItzHoludex(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2016
FP since April 2015, anyway nice one op
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Lleigh(f): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2016
So I commented on an old post and revived it.

And now it's on the mythical front page....

I am interested in the ai used to push things to the front page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by eliboy92(m): 9:28am On Nov 12, 2016
How I wish I'm a writer grin .... It's nice to be creative, I enjoyed the fun writing throughout this year (2016) but couldn't continue because of my busy schedule otherwise I would have gotten fame and learn more from NL.... But I'm proud one of my imperfect work made front page 'ANINI RELOADED' even if my first story 'MY LIFE IN OZORO POLYTECHNIC' wasn't fully posted here because of the robot stuff... But I will like you all to check out my ongoing story now, and correct me where necessary. The title is 'PLAYER'S HEART'....

one thing I love about Nairalanders is that they encourages new writers, and it helped me in discovering my ability to write... It's part of the reason I got almost 8 stories within 8months (April-November)... I Respect you all especially the writers mentioned, but there are some I know that wasn't mentioned

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by eliboy92(m): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2016
RATATA
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Bishops10(m): 9:52am On Nov 12, 2016
Audreytimms and Oyinprince My best writers

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Mileslamar1(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2016
smiley
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2016
Divepen1:

2. Be careful of using a long sentence as a Title: The day the river ran through Igbobiland.
3. Nairaland can never ever prevent plagiarist from stealing your works they can only help you fight against the stealer.
4. You have to be the one to encourage yourself; comments might not come for a long time.
5. Take corrections.
6. Your story can make FP if your plot, grammar and flow is so captivating; if you get high views within few minutes of opening the thread.
9. Try not to call for Criticism from Nlanders; rather, ask them to enjoy it and they will correct your mistakes.
10. If any of the mods- Humblesbygrace, Obinnau- comment on your story know that you are blessed.
17. If you have not finished a story offline, posting it on Nl can help you finish it because readers will always ask for more.
18. Post only your story or any reviewed work. And if you want to post others story give links to their works.
*Royver
*Audreytimms
*Larrysun
* Mynd44
* Repogirl
*Temitopedaniels
*D9ty7
*Tiffany
*Candy
*Princesa
*Prettyspicey
*Flakkydagirl
*Sammyhoe
* Therock5555
*Frank316

Please how do I post I'm.new to starting a thread on NL

thanks
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Rick9(m): 10:45am On Nov 12, 2016
Divepen1:

*Audreytimms

* Repogirl

I would have been very angry if these two names were not mentioned.

Btw contact me for Book Cover Design or Book cover design for promo.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by eponoloyin: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
Divepen1:
cheesy
I'm blessed

what are you now feeling like?
writing boring stories that will end up in the recycle bin.
you need to humble yourself else you won't leave the spot you are
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Dnockeror333(m): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
Am a newcomer. I don't know where to write stories. I have life touching stories. Can someone, blessed ones, tell me where to begin this to bless my days?
Thankyou before hand.
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Lleigh(f): 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
Dnockeror333:
Am a newcomer. I don't know where to write stories. I have life touching stories. Can someone, blessed ones, tell me where to begin this to bless my days?
Thankyou before hand.

Dnockeror333

I am a new comer too, go to the Literature section and click on new topic.

Start writing... looking forward to seeing your stories.

1 Like

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Kusibe77(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2016
adebayo201:

senbonza kurakageyoshi grin
thank u, d tin too long
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Lleigh(f): 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
Cc greg42
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Lleigh:
Cc greg42
thanks a bunch,your an angel
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Divepen1:

5. Take corrections.
10. If any of the mods- Humblesbygrace, Obinnau- comment on your story know that you are blessed.
*Royver
*Audreytimms
*Larrysun
* Mynd44
* Repogirl
*Temitopedaniels
*D9ty7
*Tiffany
*Candy
*Princesa
*Prettyspicey
*Flakkydagirl
*Sammyhoe
* Therock5555
*Frank316
Watch out!!! My name will soon be on that list
Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Lleigh(f): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
cc creeza, greg42

i commented on this and it hit the front page shocked

1 Like

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
Lleigh:
cc creeza, greg42

i commented on this and it hit the front page shocked
Lol you surely have the magic touch honey

1 Like

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by OMA4U(m): 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
Divepen1:

5. Take corrections.
*Royver
*Audreytimms
*Larrysun
* Mynd44
* Repogirl
*Temitopedaniels
*D9ty7
*Tiffany
*Candy
*Princesa
*Prettyspicey
*Flakkydagirl
*Sammyhoe
* Therock5555
*Frank316

Your list is incomplete without Ishilove.

1 Like

Re: 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. by OMA4U(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
eliboy92:
How I wish I'm a writer grin .... It's nice to be creative, I enjoyed the fun writing throughout this year (2016) but couldn't continue because of my busy schedule otherwise I would have gotten fame and learn more from NL.... But I'm proud one of my imperfect work made front page 'ANINI RELOADED' even if my first story 'MY LIFE IN OZORO POLYTECHNIC' wasn't fully posted here because of the robot stuff... But I will like you all to check out my ongoing story now, and correct me where necessary. The title is 'PLAYER'S HEART'....

one thing I love about Nairalanders is that they encourages new writers, and it helped me in discovering my ability to write... It's part of the reason I got almost 8 stories within 8months (April-November)... I Respect you all especially the writers mentioned, but there are some I know that wasn't mentioned

Will you take the corrections with good heart?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reincarnation / Blood On The Coat Hanger / Bode Asiyanbi Wins BBC Play-Writing Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.