Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! (37366 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Yohana Mamman Dickson Is Dead (former Taraba State Governor) / Soldiers Surround Ex Gombe State Governor, Senator Danjuma Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2009
lucabrasi:

i hear you sir you have spoken sensibly,its even in the bible that judge not lest thou be judged,
@nuzo
good for you!!however im not trying to make anyone come round to my way of thinking but highlighting something that isnt right
@ARMCHAIR CRITICS
why dont you lead the fight to yobe,after all you are nigerians and yobe is part of nigeria and we will all follow you istead of cyber revolution from billions of kilometres away!

Must all nigerians be subjected to the believes of religious fanatics?
Are all nigerians binding to the rules in the bible, koran, sango or the nigerian constitution? Which one?
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by oderemo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2009
Are all nigerians binding to the rules in the bible, koran, sango or the nigerian constitution? Which one?

the binding religion in nigeria is MONEY.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2009
What does the Bible have to do with this one again? I don't ever know the Bible ever saying that we should not prosecute people who commit crimes and that our forgiveness gets them into Heaven. Is this all so you can claim yet another brownie point or something? @Lucabrasi. You seriously are willing to lie of the bible so you can claim a brownie point on this even when it has been pointed out to you over and over that you are going on and on about what was never said by the same? Come on!! How low will you not go?
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by mustafar1: 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2009
Lucabrasi, ok fine we wont talk ill of the passed governor.

but what do you have to say to his brother being upgraded to deputy governor. is that what the constitution says?
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Feb 01, 2009
What a superstitious group we are?

What does it mean to speak ill of the dead? If he did it while he was alive, why is it suddenly wrong to speak of it when he is dead? You mean we should stop speaking of how Anini terrorized lagos, because he is dead now? We should stop speaking of the atrocities committed against the world by Hitler when he was alive and how many still commit attrocities in his name to date? Or does this superstition only apply when the man in question was a Nigerian governor, and maybe, someone whose name we want to score points with?  Where does this belief come from? Certainly not from the Bible.

These same people will spend all day speaking of attrocities committed by others, even though they have passed, but when it comes to condemning the acts commited by a Nigeria governor , who is now dead, the bible is suddenly invoked and verses picked apart to support this ridiculous superstition? o ga oo!

By the way, the Bible does not support all these superstitious beliefs ooo!!! I don't know if the quran does but not the Bible. So can we keep this sane, well at least keep the Bible out of this before we score another point for the RELIGIOUS-NIGERIANS-ARE-STUPID group!!! Can we please stop confusing our FEARS with what is truth!!
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by mustafar1: 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2009
kobo, i threw that in there because it seemed his argument couldnt get past the fact that he had passed and we were talking about him.

im still waiting for his response/opinion about the governors brother being upgraded to deputy governor.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2009
I understand what you mean @Must_a_far. I noticed that this seems to have been made all about his death,and out of fear, some here have been able to ASBOLVE the man of his sins against his own people while he was alive. lol.  I am just against the fear-mongering that continues to paralyze us as a nation. Most all these fears are baseless and need to be condemned!
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by modumanga: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2009
Allah ya gafartawa mamman. All muslims and christian are solicited to forgive mamman for all his misdeeds while alive. This would facilitate his enterance to the highest of Paradise.
Please brothers forgive mamman

LUCABRASI !!!! To err is human and to forgive is divine. I still maintain my position that mamman Ali ia a saint and has served the people of Yobe State positively. If he has committed any wrong during his lifetime, let every body forgive him for the sake of the wonders he performed. This statement remains and have no apology to any critic. QED.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by chidichris(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2009
Lucabrassi,
in govt, we say, the voice of the people is the voice of God. the bible said, whatever we bind here on earth is bind there in heaven so i don't know what the qoran says.
if our rulers kill people on daily basis with their wicked policies, if they cause deaths on our roads because of lack of care, if we die daily on hunger because of their selfishness, we will have no option than to celebrate on the day of the death. are u saying ppl will not rejoice over the news of mugabe's'assuming that happens now? were u in nigeria when abacha died? celebration galore.
for anyone who is holding us captive, his death will mean freedom and freedom comes with celebration so no appologies.
it is generally believed and accepted that 99.9999% of nigerian rulers are public enemies so whenever one is off, we celebrate his exit.
if you are their agent, tell them to turn to a new leaf to avoid us celebrating their exit and saying evil things against them.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by oderemo(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2009
if you are their agent, tell them to turn to a new leaf to avoid us celebrating their exit and saying evil things against them.

well said. like bob marley said , until the philosophy that bind all together is respested there will be war.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by sashbaby(f): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
i tot this is a political issue.wetin bring religion inside.na GOD come down from heaven swear his brother in.may be lucrabasi go tell me say na the lords doing. mustafar am waiting for the reports from yobe.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2009
nuzo:

Must all Nigerians be subjected to the believes of religious fanatics?
Are all Nigerians binding to the rules in the bible, koran, sango or the nigerian constitution? Which one?
no,but religion if practised the way it should be acts as a moral compass,and also helps differentiate us from barbarians
Kobojunkie:

What does the Bible have to do with this one again? I don't ever know the Bible ever saying that we should not prosecute people who commit crimes and that our forgiveness gets them into Heaven. Is this all so you can claim yet another brownie point or something? @Lucabrasi. You seriously are willing to lie of the bible so you can claim a brownie point on this even when it has been pointed out to you over and over that you are going on and on about what was never said by the same? Come on!! How low will you not go?

lie that we are forbidden to judge others?what dyu mean lie,arnt you taking this a bit personal??
what exactly has been pointed out to me,that its ok to slag a dead man off?and i wasnt going on and on,all i was doing was reply comments specifically directed at me or my comments so what r you on about
must_a_far:

Lucabrasi, ok fine we wont talk ill of the passed governor.

but what do you have to say to his brother being upgraded to deputy governor. is that what the constitution says?
im sure you will agree with me that they r both two separate issues, its obviously wrong to have done that,as you have pointed out,its not in the constitution , however i imagine it was done to assuage the man's supporters/state indegene,its obvious there ll be a lot of grief in the air and if he was much loved then it is in the interest of security and calming frayed nerves to replace him,with someone mutually acceptable,the deputy governor has the power to impose himself with the support of the state reps but the fact that he didint do that and allowed a mere civil servant to be his boss,a lucrative position at that shows the measure of love and respect they have for the man even at death, wouldn't you agree?especially in a Nigerian political situation where people will kill to ascend the governorship seat.
Kobojunkie:

I understand what you mean @Must_a_far. I noticed that this seems to have been made all about his death,and out of fear, some here have been able to ABSOLVE the man of his sins against his own people while he was alive. lol. I am just against the fear-mongering that continues to paralyze us as a nation. Most all these fears are baseless and need to be condemned!
arnt we ahead of ourselves here?we are yet to see or hear any news of the man's corruption or bad deeds yet you arte here going on about the man's alledged sins against his people.

what sins are these specifically?bearing in mind nobody is perfect.

where are the written evidence,even speculations?even sahara reports is ok?
yet there is fear mongering,you are here making yourself judge,jury and executioner over a man you barely know or his works in his state.
chidichris:

Lucabrassi,
in govt, we say, the voice of the people is the voice of God. the bible said, whatever we bind here on earth is bind there in heaven so i don't know what the qoran says.
if our rulers kill people on daily basis with their wicked policies, if they cause deaths on our roads because of lack of care, if we die daily on hunger because of their selfishness, we will have no option than to celebrate on the day of the death. are u saying ppl will not rejoice over the news of mugabe's'assuming that happens now? were u in nigeria when abacha died? celebration galore.
for anyone who is holding us captive, his death will mean freedom and freedom comes with celebration so no appologies.
it is generally believed and accepted that 99.9999% of nigerian rulers are public enemies so whenever one is off, we celebrate his exit.
yes but celebrating someone's death is wrong in itself,1 million times worse if you are celebrating a man's death without any evidence of wrong doing,all i have read on here is that he built 2 hospitals and rather than using them opted to go abroad as if that is a sin,if i mention ibb im sure you have enough to say,same as abacha e.t.c how come 6 pages later we haven't gotten any dirt about the man yet you are saying the voice of the people is the voice of GOD.

which people?are you a citizen of his state?
his people loved him,thats why a serving deputy governor will relinquish his right to the governorship for the man's brother,you think any politician will allow that?especially when the man is dead?

as unlawful as that was,bearing in mind that ordinary local government elections ll cause a riot,have you heard of any riots or dissenting voices since this was done?
what is that telling you about "the voice of the people?
i dont have to be their agent to make an objective stance
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by sashbaby(f): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
you finally replied.your statement confirms my speculation.no dissenting forces so it is an act of GOD
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
sashbaby:

you finally replied.your statement confirms my speculation.no dissenting forces so it is an act of GOD
depends on what you r on about exactly?
the man's death?yes ,an act of GOD

the people making his brother a governor?illegal but hey,if thats what they want,and if it ll prevent anarchy while promoting peace and a general consensus who is to argue, the ingigenes of the state know whats best for them.

talking ill of the dead?totally wrong in my book,

reasons?
1.he obviously cant defend himself
2.purely from a religious point of view,he is probably being judged or in the process(no one knows but he will be at some point)so why should i pre judge him when im not his maker?irrespective of whatever perceived ills he has done on earth,the heavenly judgement is final and everlasting,and note this is my own personal view from my own religion.
3.from a political perspective,no one has brought any proven or unproven allegations of wrong doings on the man,the one and only allegation has been that he built 2 hospitals and rather than avail himself of the use of them,opted to go abroad,is that a sin or enough to pour vitriol on him?

you answer that.
modumanga:

Allah ya gafartawa mamman. All muslims and christian are solicited to forgive mamman for all his misdeeds while alive. This would facilitate his enterance to the highest of Paradise.
Please brothers forgive mamman

LUCABRASI !!!! To err is human and to forgive is divine. I still maintain my position that mamman Ali ia a saint and has served the people of Yobe State positively. If he has committed any wrong during his lifetime, let every body forgive him for the sake of the wonders he performed. This statement remains and have no apology to any critic. QED.
thank you sir,but as usual they will all ignore your comments because its no tying in with what they want to hear, i believe you as well in as much as i have not heard or read a contrary view of the man yet either in the electronic or print media
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by mustafar1: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2009
lucabrasi:

im sure you will agree with me that they r both two separate issues, its obviously wrong to have done that,as you have pointed out,its not in the constitution , however i imagine it was done to assuage the man's supporters/state indegene,its obvious there ll be a lot of grief in the air and if he was much loved then it is in the interest of security and calming frayed nerves to replace him,with someone mutually acceptable,the deputy governor has the power to impose himself with the support of the state reps but the fact that he didint do that and allowed a mere civil servant to be his boss,a lucrative position at that shows the measure of love and respect they have for the man even at death, wouldn't you agree?especially in a Nigerian political situation where people will kill to ascend the governorship seat.

Lucabrasi, did u say it was done to pacify his supporters. this is not a case of him being murdered by his opponent. he exited this world when his time was due. so this ur argument u sued to support the actions of the state get as he be. if we have a constitution, we have electoral laws, then him being made deputy is nothing but CORRUPTION!
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2009
lucabrasi:

lie that we are forbidden to judge others?

I am going to guess you are going off the verse that says “Judge Not, lest though be Judged”. Not sure how that verse FORBIDS you from judging or even tells you never to judge. If you read the verses that followed, you will note that you are told to be ready to be judged by the same measure that you judge others. So I see no reason why, if you are not guilty of the same, you should be FORBIDDEN to judge.

Another problem with this mindset is that the same Bible tells you that you are to Judge all things, and to judge righteous judgment. The same Bible also calls you to make sure to stand afar from those who are doing evil deeds. How will you know them if you are FORBIDDEN to judge them as doers of evil? You are also told in the same Bible that if you see people committing sins against others, and you choose to turn the other way, you are just as guilty as those who you choose to turn away from and the Lord will judge you for that.

Again, please learn your own Bible and stop injecting some verses into debates (debates that have absolutely nothing to do with such) when it is convenient for your brownie points collecting.

lucabrasi:

what dyu mean lie,arnt you taking this a bit personal??

Unfortunately, I do take it personal when I find people lying and twisting the bible in forums that have nothing to do with religion, so they can seem intelligent in the eyes of those that know not.

lucabrasi:

what exactly has been pointed out to me,that its ok to slag a dead man off?and i wasnt going on and on,all i was doing was reply comments specifically directed at me or my comments so what r you on about

No one, NOT A SINGLE SOUL on here, BUT YOU, has chosen to go ON AND ON AND ON about SLAGGING A DEAD MAN OFF. I am afraid all that lives in your mind and you will have to carry on that debate with yourself. When you choose to actually read what people post on here, then maybe you will be on the same page everyone has been for the past 2 pages. So many people have tried up till now to correct you on that but you choose to go on and on there and I am afraid I can not help you.

lucabrasi:

I m sure you will agree with me that they r both two separate issues, its obviously wrong to have done that,as you have pointed out,its not in the constitution , however i imagine it was done to assuage the man's supporters/state indegene,

Interesting how you base your arguments on an assumption made by you, and then conclude that to be a fact. Are you kidding me?

lucabrasi:

arnt we ahead of ourselves here?we are yet to see or hear any news of the man's corruption or bad deeds yet you arte here going on about the man's alledged sins against his people.
what sins are these specifically? bearing in mind nobody is perfect. where are the written evidence,even speculations?even sahara reports is ok?
yet there is fear mongering,you are here making yourself judge,jury and executioner over a man you barely know or his works in his state.

Are you sure I am the one jumping ahead of self? That YOU have not heard of his ALLEGED sins against his people does not mean they do not exist.

The post was focused more on the issue of absolving him ANY SINS HE MAY HAVE COMMITTED AGAINST HIS PEOPLE, that he may enter heaven. Not sure why the other poster there would ask us in here to FORGIVE him to he may GET INTO HEAVEN if there ARE NO SINS and you come in to affirm his demand. Are you sure you are not denying something here yourself? For one you tell him that he has spoken sensibly, and then you try to inject the bible as if it backs that statement in some way( which it does not), and now you turn around to ask me of the sins? Are you awake?

What sins? I ought to ask you that since you affirmed the beliefs of the other poster who urged us to forgive the man that his soul may enter heaven. Or were you BLINDLY affirming that post?

Oh yeah!!! The “nobody is perfect” line. I hope you know that does not live in the Bible? Also, if you really believed that, why do you continue to cast down others for making mistakes? I have seen you cast down some of Nigerias leaders and even the west for mistakes made. Why not apply that same rule when you JUDGE those? Let me guess? It only should be applied when it is convenient?

Since when did Sahara reports become the only source of SINS committed by governors in Nigeria? You mean his soul will be judged by the sins record by sahara reports too? Lol
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
must_a_far:

Lucabrasi, did u say it was done to pacify his supporters. this is not a case of him being murdered by his opponent. he exited this world when his time was due. so this ur argument u sued to support the actions of the state get as he be. if we have a constitution, we have electoral laws, then him being made deputy is nothing but CORRUPTION!

im not saying i support it as i have said it is illegal, face it, if either i or you or anyone on here supports it or not is inconscequential if the state indigenes support the illegality,have you stopped to wonder like i did why
1.a sitting deputy governor allow this illegality rather than stake his claim?
2.why the opposition did not protest or raise any objection?
3.why the indigenes of the state did not protest or object?
Kobojunkie:

I am going to guess you are going off the verse that says, “Judge Not, lest though be Judged”. Not sure how that verse FORBIDS you from judging or even tells you never to judge. If you read the verses that followed, you will note that you are told to be ready to be judged by the same measure that you judge others. So I see no reason why, if you are not guilty of the same, you should be FORBIDDEN to judge.

ok,now that you have clarified,are you now asserting for the benefit of everyone reading these comments that you are blameless yourself?hence supremely qualified to pass insults and judge him?

so if you were to be judged"by the same measure"using your own words,will you come out clean and blameless or will you be found wanting?

it is not a matter of being guilty of the very same thing,once you are a sinner yourself,either to a lesse or higher degree,you simply have no right under the religion that i practise to judge any human being,especially a deceased one, you do not know if any of the critics on here have done worse yet you are being a mouth piece for these condemning the man,can you conclusively say that every individual who have abused or pre-judged the man will not be found wanting?

Kobojunkie:

Another problem with this mindset is that the same Bible tells you that you are to Judge all things, and to judge righteous judgment. The Same Bible also calls you to make sure to stand afar from those who are doing evil deeds. How will you know them if you are FORBIDDEN to judge them as doers of evil? You are also told in the same Bible that if you see people committing sins against others, and you choose to turn the other way, you are just as guilty as those who you choose to turn away from and the Lord will judge you for that.

while i will try my best to untangle the muddled up responces and assertions from the bible you are making,i hope you realise that,these were different verses for different situations in different contexts, show me a verse and ill show you a unique situation the specific verse was intended for, the bible sees drinking as a sin yet jesus turned water to wine,does it now follow that he supports or condemns it as a sin, different situations,different contexts,

hmmm,and im the one twisting the bible lol lol so you have already found the man guilty without evidence of doing evil?
going by your last assertion,i guess the bible advocates christians being one man/woman vigilantes?lol
remember there is a warning for people who either remove or add to the words of the bible,

Kobojunkie:

Again, please learn your own Bible and stop injecting some verses into debates (debates that have absolutely nothing to do with such) when it is convenient for your brownie points collecting.

if you cared to check my original comment,which you obviously did not before diving in to attack,someone made a statement to the effect that the man shouldnt be judged and i backed it up with the relevant part of the bible where one is forbidden to judge so how is that irrelevant to such?
brwonie points ko,cookie points ni

Kobojunkie:

Unfortunately, I do take it personal when I find people lying and twisting the bible in forums that have nothing to do with religion, so they can seem intelligent in the eyes of those that know not.

lol,you still havent proven where i twisted or lied about the verse in the bible, considering that was your strongest point against me,i was expecting a concise and detailed retort to prove i lied about the verse or that it wasnt connected to the topic/thread,direct question requiring a direct answer without all the twisting and turning you were doing in your reply,

did or didnt the bible say that?i.e that we shouldnt judge,or else we would be judged, simple and delicate lol

Kobojunkie:

No one, NOT A SINGLE SOUL on here, BUT YOU, has chosen to go ON AND ON AND ON about SLAGGING A DEAD MAN OFF. I am afraid all that lives in your mind and you will have to carry on that debate with yourself. When you choose to actually read what people post on here, then maybe you will be on the same page everyone has been for the past 2 pages. So many people have tried up till now to correct you on that but you choose to go on and on there and I am afraid I can not help you.

well,you are right,but the fact that many chose not to join your abuse and insults but opted to pass positive comments and condolence vindicated me,no?
it takes two or more to have a debate,so was i talking to myself or inviting you to dive in and attack my comments?seeing as we dont see eye to eye on most issues,ill have though the expedient action for you to take each time is to totally avoid my comments,who knows, maybe im trying to get you the nairaland celebrity to have a debate with me, lol
so each time i disagree with you,it automatically means im disagreeing with "the people"didnt know you had that much of over reaching powers of though and actions.

hmmmn,i get the last line,so many people meaning "you and others who support your stance"every others who made positive comments,including genuine condolenses without abuse e.t.c are nowhere to be found?or are they part of the "so many people"lol lol i guess not,only these who have supported your stance! grin
ill keep it in mind,for the next time your royal nairalandess comes down to my level and grace my huimble self with a reply to my comment.

[/quote]

Kobojunkie:

Interesting how you base your arguments on an assumption made by you, and then conclude that to be a fact. Are you kidding me?

Are you sure I am the one jumping ahead of self? That YOU have not heard of his ALLEGED sins against his people does not mean they do not exist.

no,im not kidding you and i never held any part of my comments up as fact,any objective mind reading my comments to that effect will have easily discewrned that,but i guess i shouldnt be suprised seeing as that is what you have conditioned your mind to already, talk about pre-judging people

yes and untill we get proof that the man was as bad as you have touted or inffered him to be,will it kill you to simply drop a simple unbiased comment or condolense?just a suggestion and not a command o

Kobojunkie:

The post was focused more on the issue of absolving him ANY SINS HE MAY HAVE COMMITTED AGAINST HIS PEOPLE, that he may enter heaven. Not sure why the other poster there would ask us in here to FORGIVE him to he may GET INTO HEAVEN if there ARE NO SINS and you come in to affirm his demand. Are you sure you are not denying something here yourself? For one you tell him that he has spoken sensibly, and then you try to inject the bible as if it backs that statement in some way( which it does not), and now you turn around to ask me of the sins? Are you awake?

What sins? I ought to ask you that since you affirmed the beliefs of the other poster who urged us to forgive the man that his soul may enter heaven. Or were you BLINDLY affirming that post?

how would a post or poster absolve any man,woman or animal for that matter of sins when he is neither GOD or a religious cleric??lol

in case you dont get what the guy is saying,he is simply saying that irrespective of whatever the man might have done, i.e the man's alledged sin not an issue because he is dead.
he is saying even if the man is holy or not is not important,at this point simple!!
in burials with religious tints,it is popularly intoned that GOD will forgive the dead either he/she was holy/unholy, im suprised you dont know this why your inffered knowledge of the bible.
so what exactly will affirming demand do one way or another?
will it either send him to heaven or hell?
will your comments either positive or negative make any difference to where ever the man is going or is now?

food for thoughts,
the poster spoke very sensibly by asking for a dead man not to be judged,thank GOD he added the quranic verse backing his comment,and i added the bible verse backing the same point,so what are you on?show me where he doesnt back the point up without going round in circles like you r in your retort.

and yes i am awake,you should be asking yourself that,and im asking you again

on what grounds have you pre-judged the man of wrong doing?where is or are your evidence??

no,i wasnt blindling affirming his post,unlike you,he is not pre-judging,i.e he is being impartial which has been my stance, i never said the man was holy,all i said was he shouldnt be abused because he is dead and cant defend himself e.t.c so who is blindly subjective here,
me calling for him not to be abused due to the fact that
1.there is no evidence yet
2.he is dead and cant defend himself
3.because my bible tells me so

or you
1.having already judged and found him guilty of being a criminal
2.passing negative comments about him even though you have no shred of evidence to that effect
3.even tacitly blaming the man for daring to go abroad for treatment and not the hospital he was alleged to have built in his state as if that was a sin

so who is blindly sibjective of us both?lol

[quote author=Kobojunkie link=topic=224581.msg3415431#msg3415431 date=1233587256]

Oh yeah!!! The “nobody is perfect” line. I hope you know that does not live in the Bible? Also, if you really believed that, why do you continue to cast down others for making mistakes? I have seen you cast down some of Nigerias leaders and even the west for mistakes made. Why not apply that same rule when you JUDGE those? Let me guess? It only should be applied when it is convenient?

Since when did Sahara reports become the only source of SINS committed by governors in Nigeria? You mean his soul will be judged by the sins record by sahara reports too? Lol

seems you are missing a point here,these leaders i have criticised are alive and kicking,being corrupt and stealing is a crime not a mistake and i make my comments based on such,however when a man is dead,irrespective of what i think of him,i know that GOD will adequately handle that and mete out the appropriate judgement he deserves,so why should i judge him again on earth,especially as we are all sinners, that is the "nobody is perfect"line if you care to know

if our words carried such powers,why didnt we judge him while he was alive?
GOD gave us our chance,and now that he is with GOD,we know pass judgement with our mouths??lol lol

no,i was giving you as wide a lee way as possible to provide evidence of the man's "alleged sins"isnt it food for thought if sahara and other nigerian media havent published the man's "sins"yet?
or you reckon they are waiting for his one year remembrance?

what does that tell you about the man?first the out pouring of love from his people,and nairaland yet to get any evidence of his corruption, the best we have been given is that he didint use the hospitals he built,is that worth insulting a dead man for??lol
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by BOSS7: 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lucabrasi,
try and reduce the spacing of the above post please.

wink
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by sashbaby(f): 11:08am On Feb 03, 2009
lucrabasi why do yoy keep repeating yourself.no body is talking ill of a dead man.what your so called naysayers are saying try to leave a good legacy.people are really tired of govt policies so they sidon look.am sure people from yobe are practicing the sidon look syndrome.what will they gain if they protest and nothing comes out of it.most times they are been told that is the will of GOD in their place of worship.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Lucabrasi,
try and reduce the spacing of the above post please.

wink
whats spacing got to do with anything?you can read them clear enough cant you?so forget about presentation, dont let me erroneously assume that you are throwing a side pass in support of your friend o
sashbaby:

lucrabasi why do yoy keep repeating yourself.no body is talking ill of a dead man.what your so called naysayers are saying try to leave a good legacy.people are really tired of govt policies so they sidon look.am sure people from yobe are practicing the sidon look syndrome.what will they gain if they protest and nothing comes out of it.most times they are been told that is the will of GOD in their place of worship.
for someone asserting that i am repeating myself,your comments are frought with baseless assumptions
1.how did you come to that conclusion that the man didnt leave a good legacy?i dont know if he did or not but certainly the actions of the media,and his state has proved otherwise.

2.which government policy are people tired of?yobe state and by extension the late mamman bello?

3.how do you know that the indigenes of the state didnt support both the man and the brother in becoming the deputy governor,hope you realise the opposition supported this as well.

this thread is on the 6th page and till now,we are yet to get the man's perceived "ills or vices while in government"
yet you and your "supporters"are still persisting i your stance,why dont you post some good evidence to prove how corrupt the man was and if he actually built mordern hospitals or not and if he was kind to his people or not
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by sashbaby(f): 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2009
who told you the oppostion are in support.pls highlight one good legacy he left behind.am really sick and tired of your baseless comments filled with sentiments.people like you made this thread boring.pls travel to yobe.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2009
sashbaby:

who told you the oppostion are in support.pls highlight one good legacy he left behind.am really sick and tired of your baseless comments filled with sentiments.people like you made this thread boring.pls travel to yobe.
in case you havnt realised,i really dont care one way or another if any thread is interesting or boring as long as im telling the truth my motto is "no friend,no foe" .note my words carefully right from the get go,i said i do not know, and so will find it difficult to make any categorical statement or comment if the man was corrupt or not,if you have evidence why dont you post it on here then i can make my judgements about him.i dont know any legacy good or bad that he left,all i know is that "from all indications"available to us at this time i.e media,press the man seemed to be loved, that might be false but that is the generally projected view,what comments have i made that is fuelled by sentiment, where you see sentiments i see common sense and sense of decency.

if you have been there,and the man has not done anything,then it should be very easy for you to prove it,right?
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by sashbaby(f): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
what truth.all your assumptions.so you are ready to pass judgement if proof be given.i tot u are an advocate of judge not.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2009
yes and you are totally on point pre-judging without evidence right?lol
why dont u let me make the judgement first before accusing me of anything
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by BOSS7: 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2009
lucabrasi:

whats spacing got to do with anything?you can read them clear enough cant you?so forget about presentation, dont let me erroneously assume that you are throwing a side pass in support of your friend o

You no be my friend again?
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Bumchacha(f): 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
B.O.S.S.:

Cold? Say that to the families whom he's denied justice as a result of his ineffictive governance in rehabilitating the hospitals in his state while he used the funds belonging to the millions of citizens whom he's meant to be responsible for in treating himself abroad. I'm surely not saying he deserves it but that's how the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

Yes, I still maintain what I called him Madman Bello. I concur with the post above and that is good riddance to "one less rogue".

I bet in your closet, you're praying for Sanni Abacha and the likes of our evil political robbers in the name of them being dead not thinking that he (Abacha) had the opportunity to pass through this world but once and he failed woefully.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Bumchacha(f): 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
B.O.S.S.:

Cold? Say that to the families whom he's denied justice as a result of his ineffictive governance in rehabilitating the hospitals in his state while he used the funds belonging to the millions of citizens whom he's meant to be responsible for in treating himself abroad. I'm surely not saying he deserves it but that's how the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

Yes, I still maintain what I called him Madman Bello. I concur with the post above and that is good riddance to "one less rogue".

I bet in your closet, you're praying for Sanni Abacha and the likes of our evil political robbers in the name of them being dead not thinking that he (Abacha) had the opportunity to pass through this world but once and he failed woefully.

I agree wit u jare no1 wish any1 t die,bt wen d govt's wish 4 d masses is t die by nt providin gud nd equipt hospital den its dem dat wil die in our place even after usin our hard earned money t travel abroad 4 medical treatment. May his soul r.i.p
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by ibide(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2012
Thank God we have another christian governor in the north now . One wil close for another to open

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / Sani Baban-Inna, Aisha Buhari's ADC Arrested For Defrauding Her Of 2.5Bn - PT / Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.