Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (118807 Views)

Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by xtervaganza(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
And so shall it be for those wearing the shirt
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
The relevances of igbo people cannot be overemphasised,when i look at my place UROMI,i see so many igbos who has contributed so much to our town making it d commercial nerve centre of edo.state,I love d genuinity of the igbo race,their versatility in any environment,making them the most industrous ethnic group n valuable contributors to our economy,they should be appreciated at all times

God bless the igbos

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by hkidola00(m): 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find difficult to appreciate.

with all my years on nairaland.. I av neva seen dis much "likes" before.. Nice writeup bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by kasiem(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
You cannot outclimb the tree of your intelligence. I am not interested in Eboe affairs. The contents of this thread are a historical record. When my grandchildren read it they will know that Eboe lies were not allowed to pass unchallenged.This is for posterity. You are not the great businessmen you claim to be ,you are traders which in football terms is the 3rd division . The Premiership is another matter entirely that is what we mean when we talk about business
before u could say that they are in 3rd division u would've told us ur club in the d first division so we can take u more serious. It's easy to run ur mouth about dangotes without realizing that after that dangotes the surrounding people are almajiris. And this dangotes didn't get there without manipulations of govt in their favor. But in the case of igbos u see people struggling from the scratch just to make it to the top without favors from govt. Moreover, do u also realise that the ifeanyi ubahs, ouks, elumelus etc are still part of igbo race? Keep opening ur mouth why osun workers keep protesting for 5k salary that their sophisticated governor is owing them for 5 months now.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Coldfeet(f): 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find difficult to appreciate.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss I could kiss you all night.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by olad2020: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
PDP will do a good job in Lagos. APC will do a better job

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by amarilo: 10:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
laudate:

Bros, if you do your census you will know that the south west have more than one Otedola-type of multi-millionaires, not to mention the Oba Otudeko types, the Florence Seriki, Mike Adenuga, Shonibare, Razak Okoya, Folu Ayeni, Obateru Akinruntan types, oh!

Many of them would outclass your Emeka Offors and Elumelus!! wink

So don't even go there!!!
You know all those names because the based in Lagos. Combine all of them and compare them with people from Nnewi alone. One thing you guys have never realised is that Igbo billionaires lives in Igbo Land. You only hear about the few in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by naijamerican: 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:

Awesome post. I love you my brother.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by sarris(m): 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Lol. Enough of the madness abeg.

I be Igbo boy but lets be truthful and honest, if those useless political jobbers and beggars called Eze Ndigbo didn't pay a courtesy visit to the fooolish Oba, the Oba wouldn't have seen anyone to vent his anger on and this whole furor and tension would never had occurred.

Whats wrong in paying d oba a courtesy visit?
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by sarris(m): 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
hotwax:

So what r u now doing? Painting shirts? Cowards. Try that with Hausas and get slaughtered ....

ELection is coming , u all ran away from the north. Cowards. Because Yorubas are accomodating, you are flexing skeletal muscle...yeye ise
You re accomodating no one,u can't accomodate a man i. his own country.dont we hv yorubas in every path of dis country?
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by masseratti: 11:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:

God bless you,btw am a Lagosian an apc supporter but I want change on state level too shalom.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by AriDsexy(f): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:

I'm sorry to quote u and not make sense...not my style but I've not seen ds much likes on a particular post before.

Ignore me biko,amebo is allowed sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by AriDsexy(f): 11:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
hkidola00:
with all my years on nairaland.. I av neva seen dis much "likes" before.. Nice writeup bro

And u had to say d same thing I said.

Aproko! grin
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by frrank(m): 12:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:

YOU ROCKS!!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by azzima(m): 2:01am On Apr 10, 2015
Princecalm:
Funny set of people i must say. They are now using it to make jest of him.
jokes aside, this is really an insult to their host.an abomination to the revered throne of the King of lagos where these ungrateful bastards have their means of survival and business. ANY Yoruba that is rejoicing which these group that is known to usurp power from its host everywhere, is a bastard himself. This is not a joke and all these igbo serpents need to be fumigated just as the northerners did. They won't DARE try this in tHe north EVER.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by azzima(m): 2:08am On Apr 10, 2015
Ilekeh:

Can Igbos try this in the North?

Fearless because your host is peaceful.

No be the same Igbos that left the North in droves after 2011 election?
The reason these Igbos are maligned anywhere they go. TheSe empty chest beating and thumping the nose of their host is what the naturally do. Are they the only foreigners in lagos??
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by azzima(m): 2:10am On Apr 10, 2015
GodblessNig247:
We are fearless. We are Igbo!
these comment is what USUALLY get you serpents in trouble everywhere you go . Your day will come soon!
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by knightsTempler: 3:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:

You Just broke the nairaland record for likes, bravo!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by bigfrancis21: 4:14am On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:

1000 likes for this! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by bigfrancis21: 4:15am On Apr 10, 2015
knightsTempler:

You Just broke the nairaland record for likes, bravo!

Not really bro. One of my posts garnered over 2000+ likes one time.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Osakah24(m): 4:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Every fish in the lagoon will develop high bp.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by aristotlengr: 4:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Jwonder4eva:
THE IGBO'S ARE FEARLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lagoon Party Loading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OBA Akiolu should better start praying that no igbo man is hurt or else ICC awaits him... I know some yoruba will say we can't take him to ICC, yes for now we can't but as soon as an Igbo man is killed because of his comment then your Oba will be taken away from the throne, am sure he is not Bigger than Kenya's President or Gbagbo's Wife.. OBA must be use as a scape-goat other monarchs will learn to think before they speak.

Guys dont be deceived, Agbaje is oba's blood nephew. Blood is thicker than water and i am sure he most have out bribed APC with PDP dollars. His dilemma probably was how to choose who to endorse between APC, the Lagos incubent (that he had earlier endorsed) and his blood nephew and highest bidder without looking a hypocrite. He obvious solution: talk like you support APC and on the other hand, incite the Igbos against the APC. A master political move (likely by agbaje him self, with his record of ethnic politics and fear mongering. see video - http:///u5ICGQ). Besides he wants to collect his share, like the oni of ife. Seems a Agbaje/PDP Lagos would back the old days of ethic violence of the past, especially with the recent arming of the OPC. Probably the hand work of bode george.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by aristotlengr: 4:49am On Apr 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Hypocrisy is when you say you want Jonathan out because he's corrupt but you want APC via Tinubu to retain Lagos in his pocket...

You say Agbaje promises are unrealistic but APC via buhari promises are...

You say you need change in central government but not in grassroot government...

You are either confused or a biased bigot...

How did Agbaje pit Igbo against Yoruba?

So you want to replace tinubu with agbaje's master rigger, financial backer and ex-convict bode george and his gang of thugs and robbers. Your eyes are open, but u cant see. Ignorance and tribalism na disease.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by jimmy101231(m): 6:13am On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:

Omo some people can talk ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Sike(m): 6:26am On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:

Wow! *claps*

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by yhusiee(f): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2015
sleemfesh:

Improving your lying skills maen. Very bland and unimpressive.
Hey, dts rude. I ain't lying. I heard it on radio.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by GodblessNig247(m): 6:48am On Apr 10, 2015
azzima:
these comment is what USUALLY get you serpents in trouble everywhere you go . Your day will come soon!

Do u wanna push me into the Lagoon? U beast! We are fearless... I am Igbo! U motherfucker!
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by agog: 6:52am On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:

so much likes for this

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by endeedike(m): 7:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Legend...

Built2last:

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 10, 2015
kayalla:

high before u proceed?

Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Bukar Abba Ibrahim In Sex Scandal. Caught Having Sex With Two Ladies (Photos) / Coronavirus: Wike And Fashola Greet With Elbow Bump Today In Rivers / Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.