Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Is That Superstition That You Believed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is That Superstition That You Believed (2386 Views)

I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before / Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind / Africans And Superstition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is That Superstition That You Believed by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
From child hood,we have heard many superstitious things from our parents,relatives or friends,so whats thats superstitions you once believed in,did you stil believe it?or it makes you laugh?mine are many like they would said if you wore cloths with the inner part outside it means good luck.if your hands scratch you, it means you are about getting money,and many others.so feel free to add yous.
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by simplex2: 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
That God exist

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by hahn(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
simplex2:

That God exist

Also, that someone died for a sin I had not even been born to commit yet

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by simplex2: 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
hahn:

Also, that someone died for a sin I had not even been born to commit yet

And that if I don't accept that the person died for a sin I didn't commit, I will roast forever in hell.

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by hahn(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
simplex2:

And that if I don't accept that the person died for a sin I didn't commit, I will roast forever in hell.

And the person is from Israel. Like wtf!

Also, if I accept the person I will be employed as part of the heavenly choir for eternity

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by adexsimply(m): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
That there is a sky-daddy who monitors everything I do. Like wtf?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by simplex2: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
adexsimply:
That there is a sky-daddy who monitors everything I do. Like wtf?

That the sky-daddy loves you so much that he murdered him only son for you: and he needs your money!

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 12:24am On Apr 10, 2015
dat you evolved from ape abeg if you form from ape what did ape form from,dat d universe was created as a result of big bang, 4 a reaction 2 happen there must be an action what initiated d action ,smh,whites deceiving since 1900
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 8:19am On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:
dat you evolved from ape abeg if you form from ape what did ape form from,dat d universe was created as a result of big bang, 4 a reaction 2 happen there must be an action what initiated d action ,smh,whites deceiving since 1900
smh...ignorance at its peek.

Humans didn't evolve from apes(because apes are derived as branches of an ape-like common ancestor that humans share), so all in all humans are apes....or more precisely homonoidea.

Tip ;

Apes(hominoidea) are a branch of old world tail-less anthropoid catarrhine primates...

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 9:01am On Apr 10, 2015
davien:

Humans didn't evolve from apes(because apes are derived as branches of an ape-like common ancestor that humans share), so all in all humans are apes....or more precisely homonoidea.

Tip ;

Apes(hominoidea) are a branch of old world tail-less anthropoid catarrhine primates...

my question is what started d whole thing?
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by Hiswordxray(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2015
davien:

Tip ;

Where are all those ancient ape today?
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by johnydon22(m): 9:09am On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

Do you even know the meaning of Superstition?
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 9:26am On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

my question is what started d whole thing?
That's a good question, and it's answered by taking a look at the progression of life 3.5 million years ago..

Life at that time was the known time when life started passing on hereditary characteristics with distinct variations...So as far as we know change over time a.k.a evolution began then...
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Do you even know the meaning of Superstition?

okay there is superstition but you don't have to condemn a belief anything you didn't see is 50-50,scientists themselves are confused, y did they always study ghost and label a place haunted ghost are forms of spiritual belief,d world is majorly divided into 3 beliefs Christianity,Islam,athesism.it is left to d people to choose their own belief,and let it guide them.
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Where are all those ancient ape today?
They're extinct or have been replaced by daughter species....some like the crocodile still exists but it pales in comparison to it's ancestral distant relative form...sarcosuchus

http://dinopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Sarcosuchus

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2015
davien:
That's a good question, and it's answered by taking a look at the progression of life 3.5 million years ago..

Life at that time was the known time when life started passing on hereditary characteristics with distinct variations...So as far as we know change over time a.k.a evolution began then...

wat u are saying is 50-50 like a domino effect,something must have initiated d reaction
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 9:35am On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

wat u are saying is 50-50 like a domino effect,something must have initiated d reaction
It's not a 50-50, it's mutations that occur within the gene pool of populations..
Without mutations everything would be unicellular or a colonial mass of clones...Life's replication process is imperfect so each generation brings variation.
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 9:39am On Apr 10, 2015
davien:
It's not a 50-50, it's mutations that occur within the gene pool of populations..

it is said that atom is the basic unit of life,everything has basic,wat is d basis of human being?
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

it is said that atom is the basic unit of life,everything has basic,wat is d basis of human being?
cells you mean(are the basic unit of life) and human beings are products of two cells(sperm cell and egg cell) that become an embryo that grows into a human being..
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by Hiswordxray(m): 9:53am On Apr 10, 2015
davien:
They're extinct or have been replaced by daughter species....some like the crocodile still exists but it pales in comparison to it's ancestral distant relative form...sarcosuchus

http://dinopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Sarcosuchus
How come those dumb monkeys survive and the intelligent apes became extinct?
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by johnydon22(m): 9:53am On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

okay there is superstition but you don't have to condemn a belief anything you didn't see is 50-50,scientists themselves are confused, y did they always study ghost and label a place haunted ghost are forms of spiritual belief,d world is majorly divided into 3 beliefs Christianity,Islam,athesism.it is left to d people to choose their own belief,and let it guide them.

Ok that does it... You way too **sighs** Just dont know...

Are you purposely playing dumb or are you really like this for real

I cant believe someone actually wrote the above post

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 9:58am On Apr 10, 2015
davien:
cells you mean(are the basic unit of life) and human beings are products of two cells(sperm cell and egg cell) that become an embryo that grows into a human being..

scientifically u are great,but all what we are studying about evolution might have been a misunderstanding from d start on investigation on human evolution
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok that does it... You way too **sighs** Just dont know...

Are you purposely playing dumb or are you really like this for real

I understand you are an athesism fanatics,athesism has done wonders 4 sme pple so did Christianity I am a witness of such
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by johnydon22(m): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

I understand you are an athesism fanatics,athesism has done wonders 4 sme pple so did Christianity I am a witness of such

Honestly you are not even making sense... When you start making constructive assertions then we can talk..

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by frazak: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Honestly you are not even making sense... When you start making constructive assertions then we can talk..

even d scientists are confused,why would they be using bc (before christ) and ad(after the death of jesus christ) if they don't believe?
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

even d scientists are confused,why would they be using bc (before christ) and ad(after the death of jesus christ) if they don't believe?

I'll advise you to read up topics(in this case the Gregorian calender) before making arguments against them.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

scientifically u are great,but all what we are studying about evolution might have been a misunderstanding from d start on investigation on human evolution
It's highly unlikely....do you know why?

Because evolution is a product of different lines of evidence from different fields all cross-confirming themselves...
Biology
Geology
Bio-chemistry
Psychology
Phylogenetics
Embryological development
etc
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

It wasn't scientists that started the trend, it was ancient merchants that used a standard era they were familiar with....other people today still have their own calendars(like the Jews)that are measured differently...
And using your type of logic does it mean that celebrating Xmas(a celebratory day that predates christianity) means one believes in santa claus and other pagan myths?... undecided
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by PastorAIO: 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
Frazak was told when he was a child by his parents that he evolved from an ape. What an unfortunate upbringing!!
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by PastorAIO: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
I was told that if a bird were to poo on my head I would make a lot of money in life. I'm still waiting for the money.
Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by johnydon22(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
frazak:

Nobody is confused... what you are seeing now is a roman calendar Julian/Gregorian calendar. the church is responsible for the deviation BC and AD.
And since the church influenced the world greatly the calendar was widely enforced and people adopted it.. Important events are used to mark dates back then and to the church the Jesus tale is a very much important saga..

E.g in the old testament you will see something like In the 45th year that jehu was king of isreal, ahaziah became king of judah.. You know that stuff right?

thats the same way the church marked their.. they use Anno Domini which is the latin word for (the year of our lord).

So the modern world employed this calendar or would you have had it we change it?...lol..sad

Jews dont use that calendar till date. their calendar says something like the year 5778 or something

The mayan calendar is different and so on. even native igbos traditionally we dont use that calendar...

So you see? No one is confused ... I bid you to always read more about these stuffs so to bring up constructive assertions ok.. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is That Superstition That You Believed by davien(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
PastorAIO:
Frazak was told when he was a child by his parents that he evolved from an ape. What an unfortunate upbringing!!
Explain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet / SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? / The Strong Man Of Religion Will Be Destroyed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.