Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) (38883 Views)

Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant / Meet Haben Girma, The First Deaf-blind Graduate Of Harvard Law School.(pics) / Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Surplus90(m): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dehlia Umunna has been appointed Clinical
Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. She has
been a lecturer at HLS since 2007, and is Deputy
Director and Clinical Instructor at HLS’s Criminal
Justice Institute (CJI), in which she supervises
third-year law students in their representation of
adult and juvenile clients in criminal and juvenile
proceedings and arguments before
Massachusetts’ Supreme Judicial Court and
Appeals court.
“Dehlia’s students revere her; her colleagues at
HLS and nationally look to her as an exemplary
advocate, teacher, and mentor,” said Martha
Minow, dean of Harvard Law School. “From her
unprecedented win record in criminal defense
trials, her deft leadership of the Criminal Justice
Institute day-to-day, and her superb coaching of
student moot court teams, her published
scholarship, to her numerous awards in
recognition of her outstanding work as a criminal
defense attorney, advisor, and teacher, Dehlia is
simply extraordinary, an inspiration to her
students and her clients in every way. It is a true
privilege to be her colleague.”
Prior to coming to Harvard Law School, Umunna
was a trial attorney with the D.C. Public Defender
Service and an adjunct professor of law and
Practitioner in Residence at the Washington
College of Law, American University. She currently
serves as a faculty member for Gideon’s Promise,
and is a frequent presenter at Public Defender
trainings across the country. She was a board
member of the District of Columbia Law Students
in Court Clinic and was a guest lecturer for
several years at the George Washington University
Law School.
She is the author of the article “Rethinking the
Neighborhood Watch: How Lessons from the
Nigerian Village Can Creatively Empower the
Community to Assist Poor, Single Mothers in
America,” published in the American University
Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law.
“I am blessed and honored to join Harvard Law
School’s remarkable faculty,” said Umunna. “I
relish this extraordinary opportunity to continue
work that I am truly passionate about, and I am
grateful for the deep interest and commitment of
the school to issues of criminal justice, mass
incarceration, indigent defense and social justice.”
Umunna received her law degree from the George
Washington University Law Center. She also holds
a Masters in Public Administration (MC) from the
Harvard Kennedy School of Government and a
B.A. in Communications from California State
University, San Bernardino.
http://today.law.harvard.edu/dehlia-umunna-appointed-clinical-professor-law-harvard-law/

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by GboyegaD(m): 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Indeed, hard work pays. She is enjoying her rewards for her past works.
In a Nigerian mother's words, "she was not following boys up and down to see what is in between their legs while her mates were studying hard."

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by dunkem21(m): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Igbo's ...everywhere you go ..

197 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by ramdris(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
Stupid post. What's wrong with Nigerian Lady? We have other Nigerian tribes doing well overseas and that's why the caption shows the op as a tribalistic and moronic person. Rubbish!
Btw. congratulation to the lady jare. why you are doing well, some tribal fool are busy going tribal with your achievement.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by tpiadotcom: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
any relation to the British Umunna?

Is she Nigerian, married to a Nigerian, and from where in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by sinkhole: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
@OP, is she ur relative, what will her achievement and that of other numerous Nigerians from all other tribes doing well outside the shores of Nigeria, do for your life and Nigeria in general?
All of u will be shouting Igbo this Yoruba that and nothing changed in your miserable lifes here in Nigeria!

9 Likes

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
haters be asking what her success will do for us. We it gives us brighter hope that if they can make it, we too can.

proudly igbo. front page abeg.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by tpiadotcom: 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Vessi:
We it gives us brighter hope that if they can make it, we too can.

does anyone still believe that?

1 Like

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
proudly female & igbo

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
tpiadotcom:

does anyone still believe that?
Why have you given up on lifegrin that's your business if you don't believe you can make it in life. igbos leading the way.....

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by taharqa: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why call her, IGBO lady. What of Nigerian lady.

Must every body tribalize every issue??

By d WY, Congrats to the young lady. Inspiring stuff

14 Likes

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
tpiadotcom:
any relation to the British Umunna?

Is she Nigerian, married to a Nigerian, and from where in Nigeria?
questions to the lagoon

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by bunmioguns(m): 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
cool
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by adorablepepple(f): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
sorry@op but hw does this affect my bank account or d economy of Nigeria or saturday's election?
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by jeeqaa7(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
We need u in naija now
Change has arrived

1 Like

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by dipopooo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
cool
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by refreshrate: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
Vessi:
haters be asking what her success will do for us. We it gives us brighter hope that if they can make it, we too can.

proudly igbo. front page abeg.

I dey gbadun your post pieces!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Franchise21(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Cool
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by tola9ja: 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
BUHARI TENURE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST IN HISTORY
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Daresh(f): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
She reminds me of Analeise Keating

2 Likes

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by Whizzdom(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Thats nice cool
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by CR9R: 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
dunkem21:
make I find your trouble small. First she is a Nigeria and why are you guys feeling inferior these days. Phew. Top 3 richest in Nigeria is not Igbo,

2 Likes

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by jjwaterfalls(f): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
dunkem21:

Tribal bigot angry

2 Likes

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by lordsharks(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
cool
Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by SenatorM(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
She Went to Lagos Lagoon Secondary School... Now shez Great.... CONGRATS

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) by MizMyColi(f): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2015

You're all my brothers and sisters.
I love you all.
There's no red oil, palm wine or kolanut in my perception
Just one entity; I believe in our profound interconnectedness.

Hope Y'all would understand the reasons for the special hailingsgrincheesy

Okay, Let's do this....

NDI IGBO KWENU!

RIE NU!

NHUO NU!

KWENU!
KWENU!

KWEZUO NU O!!!
gringringrin

43 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.