Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,160 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Why Would A Man Insist On Not Having A Registry Wedding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Man Insist On Not Having A Registry Wedding (6170 Views)

My Mum's Not Dead!’-Daughter Of Missing Abuja-based Woman Insist Her Mum's Alive / Registry Wedding Pictures / My Registry & Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Man Insist On Not Having A Registry Wedding by heartofgold44: 2:21am On Apr 25, 2015
jnrprof:
Even a church wouldn't marry you without getting registry papers.

Without the official marriage certificate, what will the woman use as the basis for her change of name? What will she use to support her marital status when applying for a visa?

I suspect the man is already married legally to another woman, hence his hesitation to do the registry wedding. She should investigate his motives properly before entering one chance.
You have a point
Re: Why Would A Man Insist On Not Having A Registry Wedding by lovelyadeola(m): 6:55am On Sep 08, 2021
Moana:
1. He doesnt have to wear a ring
2. He can leave the marriage easily
3. He can marry more than one woman
4. He can claim that he is a single guy whenever he wants to
5. There will be no equal distribution of matimonial property when he divorce

It's the properties for you people.. where u no seed U wan chop lol.. well pre nup is there
Re: Why Would A Man Insist On Not Having A Registry Wedding by MufasaLion: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2021
teeboo:
Registry or no registry,if d man wants to cheat he'll cheat,my colleague's husband impregnated a lady exactly a year after their wedding,she told me even if she divorce him,wot dos d jobless man has for court to give her,and if court jail d man she'll just end up being a single mom,let's just pray God gives us peace of mind in our marriage. God's Grace is all we need not registry marriage. My opinion though

Either ways she'd be screwed. She realized it early.
Re: Why Would A Man Insist On Not Having A Registry Wedding by investorMK(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
teeboo:
Registry or no registry,if d man wants to cheat he'll cheat,my colleague's husband impregnated a lady exactly a year after their wedding,she told me even if she divorce him,wot dos d jobless man has for court to give her,and if court jail d man she'll just end up being a single mom,let's just pray God gives us peace of mind in our marriage. God's Grace is all we need not registry marriage. My opinion though

Are u saying that a man can be jaild if he take in another wife if he's pervious wedding was registered?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Collapses Into Coma After Finding Out His Wife Owns The Home They Rented / Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This / The Only Women In My Life! (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.