Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Dede's Lovely Nightmare - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dede's Lovely Nightmare (464 Views)

A Must Read.. 'a Story Called Dilemma'..a Nightmare On My 2go Girlfriends Visit. / Short Story "My Worst Nightmare" / Scarred - Dede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dede's Lovely Nightmare by acmesuccess: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
I found a way to cross the road seamlessly without looking out for oncoming vehicles, it seems i just pass through the oncoming cars like a ghost; and it felt good. I bought a bus ticket, boarded the bus, and squeezed my way through the commuters to get a seat in a way that will make it easier to watch the ongoing football match. I looked at the bus ticket in my hand-a bet slip, and just as i have forecasted, Chelsea is already winning. “At least, if this game goes on like this”, I thought to myself, “I will win five naira”. But the heat in the viewing center was so much that I had to alight at the next train station. I threw away the bet slip- the only piece of paper I had with him as I stepped out of the train.
I held my suitcase firmly, and looked up at the dark cloud, ready to sprout out the waters. And right in my eyes, the cloud bursted open and a large volume of water came pouring down from the sky. I lifted up my suitcase over my head to shield myself from the rain, and the umbrella was big enough to shield me from getting wet. I crouched underneath the umbrella, and held it firmly. The sound of the arrows gave a melodious sounds as they came pouring on the wooden shield I held above my head; I felt safe, but knows I have to act fast before our counterpart acted faster. I glanced sideways, and a few of my soldiers have been pierced by the rain of arrows. And in my front, I can see the armies of the Shiron dynasty rushing over. I looked at the few soldiers under my command, raised my spear and shouted, “charge”! They all charged forward, and I also ran with them, shouting as we ran to collide with the army of the enemy.
Re: Dede's Lovely Nightmare by acmesuccess: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
I ran as fast as though my feet were not touching the ground, making all efforts to get to the finishing line before the other contestants to win the gold medal in this Olympic competition. The spectators chanted my name, and I also chanted loudly from the spectators’ stand of the coliseum as Spartacus plunged his spear into Atilia’a heart. Atilia goes down slowly, holding the spear in place for a good act. The son of Atilia stood up right beside me and said in his mind, “I will avenge my father’s death”! But I could hear him loud and clear, so I took the remote control and switched off the TV to prevent further bloodshed because Atilia’s son was already charging towards Spartacus with a sword.
Then there was darkness and there was light, and the train came blaring on, spitting fire from its feet as it tried to force a halt. I stood firm, facing the incoming train, expecting an explosive collision. I braced myself, ready to be collided with. The train draws nearer, screeching and splitting fires beneath its iron feet…
100 meters…
60 meters…
30 meters…
20 meters…
10 meters…
Then there was darkness, and there was light as I writhed in pain; groaning mercilessly on my bed as another slash of the cane landed on my back! It was my mom! I think I bed-wetted again.
“What the hell is your problem Dede?” My mom shouted, raising the cane high while I cowered at the corner of the bed, begging for mercy!
“You had diner around 6pm and you still bed-wetted”? She asked rhetorically.
“I’m sorry Maaaaaa”, I screamed in response while trying to rub of the pain of the lashes from my back. But it seems Mom is getting better at these. My hands couldn’t even reach the exact area where the collision occurred. I squeezed my eyes at intervals hoping I will break some bags of water to compliment the wailing. No tear happens to be around at this time. I don’t blame them though; they may still be sleeping or I might have passed them all out as urine while ….you know?
My Mom hissed and went out, banging the door after her. I quickly bolted my door from behind, turned the bed over, cleaned my dry face, cursed my tears, hissed, and dropped back to sleep; hoping to continue my lovely dream.
By the way, my name is Dede, and I am just 10years old.
Re: Dede's Lovely Nightmare by acmesuccess: 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
*story is subjected to correction wink thank you

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Idiom / Lifestyle Blogger Needed / Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.