Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,972 members, 7,799,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (3163 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Single Ladies Discriminated Against By Hotels In Nigeria / Philip Emagwali:I Am Yoruba from Onitsha And Onitsha Is Yoruba Land! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2015
aim5:

Yoruba guys are weak cowards... can't do anything.
pls let's be civil.
Re: . by macof(m): 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
barrnchedo:
Please help save me from this agony. My husband is from Edo State while I am Yoruba. I work in Edo State Civil Service Commission. My fellow Staff have not accepted me as one of them. They even said that there is no Edo person in my home State Civil service (Ekiti State). I have done everything to please them, yet they keep hating me. Am extremely nice to all. What do I do?

They see superiority in you, when people hate you for no reason...or simply because of ur ethnicity then they have issues
Be proud, those scums are beneath you so if I was you I would be even happier being Yoruba gives people sleepless nights and endless worries and fear
Re: . by macof(m): 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
aim5:

Listen, it's not hatred. I don't despise Yorubas, I just find their ignorance and superiority complex to be very annoying.

Maybe u don't feel proud of urself, but most Yoruba do
We are cultural people and are proud, we know our language and know our history
So it's not our fault you see superiority each time you look at us

1 Like

Re: . by macof(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Funjosh:
Still. Looking for. THe. Day. Nigeria will Become. One

SHe ask for. Advice. All. These. Mumu turn. Thhhe. Threadd. To. Tribal. WaR..

grin keep looking till you die
Nigeria can never become one, if it was ever intended it would have happened in the last 100yrs
Re: . by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Maybe u don't feel proud of urself, but most Yoruba do
We are cultural people and are proud, we know our language and know our history
So it's not our fault you see superiority each time you look at us

I'm very proud of my heritage. I come from a lineage of warriors and honorable men. It doesn't bother me if you appreciate your culture, just don't try and push your Yoruba propaganda towards Edo people, that's all.

3 Likes

Re: . by macof(m): 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
aim5:

I'm very proud of my heritage. I come from a lineage of warriors and honorable men. It doesn't bother me if you appreciate your culture, just don't try and push your Yoruba propaganda towards Edo people, that's all.

Good,stick to urs and stop the hate.
What propaganda? Is it propaganda that omo n'oba is shares ancestry with Yoruba kings? Is is propaganda that many Edos have Yoruba names? Is it propaganda that many Edos speak Yoruba no matter how small including your governor?
is it propaganda we learn about edo when growing up, such that we see u as brothers? Sorry o, go fight history

what political gain do u think a small population of edo can offer a vast population of Yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Good,stick to urs and stop the hate.
What propaganda? Is it propaganda that omo n'oba is shares ancestry with Yoruba kings? Is is propaganda that many Edos have Yoruba names? Is it propaganda that many Edos speak Yoruba no matter how small including your governor?
is it propaganda we learn about edo when growing up, such that we see u as brothers? Sorry o, go fight history

what political gain do u think a small population of edo can offer a vast population of Yorubas?

First off, Oshiomole is from Edo North and most of them try so hard to fit in with Yoruba people. And with the Omo N'Oba N'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, that could be up for debate. And as for the brotherhood, I just don't see how , except for Binis and some Edo North folk.
Re: . by macof(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
aim5:

First off, Oshiomole is from Edo North and most of them try so hard to fit in with Yoruba people. And with the Omo N'Oba N'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, that could be up for debate. And as for the brotherhood, I just don't see how , except for Binis and some Edo North folk.

But the connection between Edo and Yoruba are undeniable. Not that Edo are Yoruba but very close
Anyway let's stop the hate
Re: . by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
For some reason, I don't believe the OP. But for what it is worth, maybe it is your attitude not ethnicity.

lol @ those saying it is because they feel inferior/see superiority in you. No Edo person gives a shit about aneyowas at least not to the extent you guys are insinuating and besides it is ingrained in the consciousness of every Edo person that Edo o' Odion

Agha ye oghe Edo, Edo o' Odion. Edo gha ye oghe omwan, Edo o' Odion.. So make una relax with that BS

1 Like

Re: . by charles009(m): 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
i cant help but hate any yoruba person i cross paths with- There is no good yoruba man and infact i can NUke them all if i have the powers.

@ OP its sins of the father, Bear it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Is The Son Of Oba Of Benin Historically - Oba Of Benin / You Know You Are Nigerian If: / Do Mini-skirts "Encourage Rape"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.