Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? (1186 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
I have come to realize that most Nigerian parents lie to their kids to get them to obey them.

Last weekend, I was at my aunt's place who has two adorable boys. One, a two year old and the other a year old. They were making a racket and my aunt in order to make them stop said "you would have big breasts like mine if you don't keep shut"

And automatically, they stopped the noise.

Another instance was when she told them to sleep early unless their eyes would pop out. Lol
This one actually got me laughing.

Now my question is,
Is it right?
Or wrong to do this ?
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by alberto2k(m): 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
and that's how my pops has been lying to me about him coming first in class till the day he wanted to burn some books and I saw grin

Agbonweze obi - 7th embarassed

Try harder next year or we'll demote u to primary 1 embarassed
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by bellong: 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
It is very wrong to lie to kids in order to deter them from doing something.

There are many truthful ways to get kids to do your bidding.

You are laying a very wrong foundation and distorting their logical minds.

In summary, it is very very wrong.
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
but why dont you want big bosoms?
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
bellong:
It is very wrong to lie to kids in order to deter them from doing something.

There are many truthful ways to get kids to do your bidding.

You are laying a very wrong foundation and distorting their logical minds.

In summary, it is very very wrong.
I like this
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
krall:
but why dont you want big bosoms?
Am not the kids here undecided
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
alberto2k:
and that's how my pops has been lying to me about him coming first in class till the day he wanted to burn some books and I saw grin

Lwkmd ...most parents are guilty of this. Anything less than the first position means the child is a dullard.

Hilarious one sha^^^
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jennimma:

Am not the kids here undecided
did you try it and your bosoms didnt get bigger? stop jumping into conclusions.

your aunt wasnt lying. try it now you will see the result.
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
krall:
did you try it and your bosoms didnt get bigger? stop jumping into conclusions.

your aunt wasnt lying. try it now you will see the result.
undecided
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by alberto2k(m): 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jennimma:

Lwkmd ...most parents are guilty of this. Anything less than the first position means the child is a dullard.

Hilarious one sha^^^

and then, the man will be stamping hot knocks on my head for coming 2nd grin

As for me, I'll rather look for other convincing ways to make them do my bidding than lie, except if its something sensitive that I have to cover it up with a lie..

My 2wraps smiley
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Young03(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
My mum told me dat its not gud to look thru d mirror @ night, bt as a grown up, i av been usin mirrors @ 9t bt notin happen and he keeps tellin me to abstain frm dt bt if i ask her d effect ,she wil nt tell me

pls any consiquences of using a mirror @ night
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jennimma:

undecided
undecided you are not serious
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by daveP(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
Its not good @long run

seen a case when d kids were grown, they lost respect to a certain degree cos theyve realized the "fried lies" they were made to believe.

That mirror own seems everywhere sha!

1 Like

Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by 3coins(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
in Nigeria/Africa,parents are never wrong...but outside Nigeria,it is wrong in all totality

1 Like

Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Ewuro4: 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
daveP:
Its not good @long run

seen a case when d kids were grown, they lost respect to a certain degree cos theyve realized the "fried lies" they were made to believe.

That mirror own seems everywhere sha!

Fried lies grin

OP, take a twenty first century two and half toddler to a movie theatre and try to lie her age at the counter to get a free pass and see if she won't disgrace you.

Your Aunt's day of reckoning is fast approaching, let her take them out and try that nonsense, these kids eye tear pass something else. grin

1 Like

Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kingphilip(m): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
To me it's very very wrong

U won't get to b trusted by ur kids because of how many times you've lowered their expectations by lying
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kingphilip(m): 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
alberto2k:

hahaha 7th is still far now
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by daveP(m): 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ewuro4:

Fried lies grin

OP, take a twenty first century two and half toddler to a movie theatre and try to lie her age at the counter to get a free pass and see if she won't disgrace you.

Your Aunt's day of reckoning is fast approaching, let her take them out and try that nonsense, these kids eye tear pass something else. grin
lmao!

The one told about an uncle and on getting there, its otherwise. The kid then repeats the "Lies" in the presence of mother and uncle. Mother would be like....

mother: (winking and using sign language for kid to shut the hell up)

kid: but mummy why are you doing like that?(demostrates)...

Fastforward to when they arrive back home.....

(mother canes her pikin and the whole world knows.)

mothers take the lies about morals, wrong or right, action,

fathers on the other hand are common with the "I was the 1st in my class way back then" type of lie.

grin grin grin
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
kingphilip:
To me it's very very wrong

U won't get to b trusted by ur kids because of how many times you've lowered their expectations by lying
Yea, I agree too but when things need to be done immediately like in my first instance, don't you think "lying" should be employed?

Then again, how do you stop them from making noise?
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by dre11(m): 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
When you feel like lying to them....... Give them a believable lie and not just those petite lies

This days children are so sharp and can detect you when you are not looking to see if what you said earlier is the truth or lies...
So, its better you don't lie and scold them than lying and they start calling you LYING lying MUM/DAD
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
3coins:
in Nigeria/Africa,parents are never wrong...but outside Nigeria,it is wrong in all totality
I see, Santa Claus too is a Nigerian right?

1 Like

Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Dygeasy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
It makes a child really dumb in some cases. I can remember for how long I believed orange tree would grow on my head if I swallowed a seed or how rice might grow cos I always wanted to eat rice. I believed those nonsense for a good while. A simple explanation of the effects of too much carbohydrates would have sufficed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by 3coins(m): 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Tallesty1:
I see, Santa Claus too is a Nigerian right?
is he not?.....thought he was
Re: Lying To Your Kids To Get Them Do Your Bidding, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kingphilip(m): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jennimma:

Yea, I agree too but when things need to be done immediately like in my first instance, don't you think "lying" should be employed?

Then again, how do you stop them from making noise?
hmmmmm lemme share today's experience to u then it's somehow related

My mum does daycare in our parlor and I left my room to come assist ha in some chores.. On getting there, the 5 kids around were making noise n there is a certain level of noise I tolerate.. 3 are between the ages of 5-6 while the other two were between the ages of 2 and 3

On deciding to punish them I noticed a mathematics textbook for primary one pupils with one of the bigger boys then an idea struck me why not keep this people busy with the book

I tore three leaves from my book and gave to each of the older ones and luckily my mum keeps pencil which I gave to each of them and asked them to write 1-100 and then simple addition thereafter

When we finished that it was already 10:30 and I asked them to eat n go and sleep
While the younger ones I gave them ball to play with that I was able to minimize the noise to the extent I tolerate

Summarily I think there's a better option.. This is ur child u should know him in and out if he likes playing with toys get one for him, if he enjoys one thing or the other get it for him and keep it at arms length incase in such a time when u need to do something important u can leave him with that and he'll even forget u r around, focus on his favorite and you'll do ur thing conveniently

Sorry for d long epistle

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Got Home To See Your Kid Like This, What Will You Do? / Love And Sex Never Sustain Marriage - Majid Michel!!! / How Do I Report A 419 Phone Number To NCC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.