Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:31 PM

Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi (24571 Views)

Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll / Rivers Poll: Tribunal Upholds Election Of 6 PDP Lawmakers / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 10, 2015
AHEAD of the governorship and state Houses of Assembly elections, the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has accused the wife of the President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, of pressurising the Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies to rig the governorship election in the state.

Amaechi, who observed that President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife was in Okrika, her hometown, for the governorship election, hoped that there would not be a repeat of alleged electoral malpractices that happened on March 28 in the state.

The governor, who spoke during a stakeholders’ meeting on Thursday in Port Harcourt, said the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Mrs. Gesila Khan, already had a mindset of delivering the state to the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said the governorship candidate of the PDP, Chief Nyesom Wike, must answer for the killings in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area.

Amaechi insisted that INEC must make available original result sheets at all polling units and called on the people of the state not to allow the election to hold without result sheets.

“The reason for this meeting is to let you know that what happened on the 28th of March, 2015 may or may not repeat itself. Few days ago, I said it would not repeat itself. But as at this morning, there are enormous pressures on the security operatives by the wife of the President.

“There is also enormous pressure on INEC by the wife of the President. I hope that they will not repeat the hijacking of results that we witnessed on March 28. In most of the local government areas, if not all, there were no result sheets. This time around, I hope they will bring the result sheets to the different units. I hope they will not forget the result sheets at the collation centre.

“For me as the governor of Rivers State, what is material to me is that we want to see the result sheets. We want to ensure that as we vote, our votes will count. Most of you have been asking this question; who will take over from me? I told you that we don’t want anybody to force a candidate on us.

“We don’t want people to be made governor because they want to share our resources. That is not what we want. We want to be allowed to vote and let our votes be counted. Let the wife of the President stay in her house. She should not force a candidate on us.

“They should tell her that security agencies have assured us that they will allow votes to count. I assure you that the security agencies will not be biased and I hope that the security agencies will keep to that. I hope that the woman posted here as the Resident Electoral Commission would know that her responsibility is not to allow anybody to see the result sheets,” Amaechi said.

Calling on the electorates not to allow anybody to intimidate them, Amaechi explained that communities should use the Ubima (his community) formula by locking down their villages to ensure that nobody would steal their votes.

He warned that INEC should not endanger the lives of its members of staff by deliberately withholding the results sheets or failing to do what was expected of them according to the law.

Amaechi urged communities not to allow any INEC official to leave until the right actions were taken in order to ensure a free and fair election.

“Anywhere there is no result sheets, don’t allow the election to hold. Basically, I don’t mind the fact that almost all those employed by INEC in the state; collation officers, electoral officers, are PDP members.

“There will be no boycotting, there will be no refusal to vote. I hope only the right persons will be there to do the job and the result sheets will be available. If not, the Rivers State Government cannot determine what happens in the communities,” he added.

The governor, however, announced the ban on the use of commercial motorcycles in areas such as Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area, Abua/Odual, Ahoada East and Ahoada West, described as hot spots until after the elections.

Cautioning those in the habit of fomenting trouble in the state to know that power had changed hands at the centre, Amaechi restated that those involved in politically- motivated killings in the state would face the law before the end of his administration.

He disclosed that three persons had been arrested in connection with politically- motivated killings in the state, adding that about 400 All Progressives Congress members that were arrested on trumped-up charges had been released.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-wife-wants-inec-to-rig-rivers-poll-amaechi/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Zellie: 1:18am On Apr 10, 2015
“We don’t want people to be made governor because they want to share our resources. That is not what we want. We want to be allowed to vote and let our votes be counted''
Yes, and it is Nyesom Wike we want undecided

These people think they're smart o. That was how they were heaping all sorts of propaganda on us about interim government and all before the Presidential election because they never expected Jonathan to concede defeat. Now Amaechi is ranting, even when its obvious PDP is taking Rivers, so they can accuse PDP of rigging WHEN wike wins angry

APC improvise abeg, this trick is getting old

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by engrtee(f): 1:21am On Apr 10, 2015
Amaechi crying because its obvious he has lost rivers to pop

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by kaywiluv(f): 1:22am On Apr 10, 2015
Long story

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by hensben(m): 1:23am On Apr 10, 2015
Na wao

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Vicjustice: 1:24am On Apr 10, 2015
So, this woman is still active... She lost an Elephant, now she is fighting for an Antelope embarassed

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by CR77(f): 1:25am On Apr 10, 2015
Nyesom Wike the best candidate for Rivers State ( PDP )

Jimi Agbaje the best candidate for Lagos State ( PDP )

The wind of change will blow APC away in Rivers State

There won't be any northern votes in Kano and Katsina to save APC in Lagos and Rivers State

Pls take note i don't care if you Quote me or not

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by kodded(m): 1:25am On Apr 10, 2015
WITH THE WAY AMAETHEIF IS SHOUTING HERE AND THERE I THINK BUHARI WILL GIVE HIM MINISTER OF INFORMATION

SHAMELESS MAN undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by yimikaa: 1:27am On Apr 10, 2015
Vicjustice:
d
CR77:

See them, booking space at 1:25am. cheesy

Na wa for the mod wey move this to fp.

U no dey sleep

NOTE: don't ask me why am up.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by teemanbastos(m): 1:28am On Apr 10, 2015
wow
Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:28am On Apr 10, 2015
Enough of these foul cry!
Both Amaechi & Wike ll wish the election is rigged for them

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by IamOpemipo(m): 1:28am On Apr 10, 2015
Mak una go slp jor

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by chitexy: 1:28am On Apr 10, 2015
Who tell amaechi so? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by hotswagg12: 1:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Okay
Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Celepope: 1:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Funny man.He is making noise cause he knows APC can't win Rivers state.Let truth be told Amaechi's candidate can't defeat Nyesom Wike in a free and fair election.Even if Amaechi is allowed to contest for a third time Nyesom Wike will defeat him.When he was using Wike to threaten Politicians and other PDP members who he was scared were not supporting his candidacy during 2011 Guber-election he didnt know he was making a beast out of him.Now he is ranting.Amaechi goofed by nominating him as a Minister.All these he should learn from Jagaban.Never give an over-ambitious man power.Tinubu will never make such a mistake. Ganiyu Solomon (GUS) and Senator Mamora comes to mind.My humble opinion though.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by barackodam: 1:29am On Apr 10, 2015
we already know
Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 10, 2015
I won't be surprised if the shepopotamus is planning such

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by teemanbastos(m): 1:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by CR77(f): 1:30am On Apr 10, 2015
lol watchman no go sleep tongue
yimikaa:

See them, booking space at 1:25am. cheesy

Na wa for the mod wey move this to fp.

U no dey sleep

NOTE: don't ask me why am up.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by bobo9ice: 1:30am On Apr 10, 2015
APC won't win PH just like PDP won't win Lagos

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by teemanbastos(m): 1:32am On Apr 10, 2015
Zellie:

Yes, and it is Nyesom Wike we want undecided
engrtee:
Amaechi crying because its obvious he has lost rivers to pop
nawa 4 una o.
Wasnt during his time,d education sector witnessd a relapse.
I dnt really knw about Rivers bt i knw that Dakuku is fine..even d LP candidate is better dan dis money-worshipper,WIKE

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Kutunban: 1:32am On Apr 10, 2015
Wallahi! This man is daft, why will he be threatening the democracy of a state with his inconsequential allegation? Hmmm
God help us

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 10, 2015
Whoever allows that woman to be his godmother is on a long thing. She'She'll relegate him to the backseat and assume the role of a governor. They'll fall out eventually.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by slickyb(f): 1:35am On Apr 10, 2015
no be small thing oh, politics here and there... Odikwa egwu
Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by richidinho(m): 1:35am On Apr 10, 2015
This Guy Too talk

What do u tink?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by xdunamis(m): 1:36am On Apr 10, 2015
Amaechi is a hero and will forever be remembered for the roll he played in establishing a real competitive democracy in the nation.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by corektchic: 1:36am On Apr 10, 2015
It was d same rigging dat got him into power now he's scared of facing d music. Since 99 rivers state has never had a free n fair election. Karma mode on in rivers state.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Chanchit: 1:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Mama P sha wan go prison by force cos if people die agAin in this coming election, all the blAmes would be dropped at her feet.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by Akanbee2015: 1:39am On Apr 10, 2015
sherizle:
Whoever allows that woman to be his godmother is on a long thing. She'She'll relegate him to the backseat and assume the role of a governor. They'll fall out eventually.

God no go here Wike, Madam Jona and all of them troubling my people in Rivers State in Jesus name. They shall not know peace, they shall not rest. God no go free them.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by primcy(m): 1:40am On Apr 10, 2015
she couldn't rig her husband in, what made her think she can rig wike in? She has lost her mojo but she don't know. Jah be praise!!!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi by xdunamis(m): 1:40am On Apr 10, 2015
Amen oo0h
Akanbee2015:

God no go here Wike, Madam Jona and all of them troubling my people in Rivers State in Jesus name. They shall not know peace, they shall not rest. God no go free them.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$2.1b arms deal:Buhari Is Losing His Integrity - Okupe / Razak Atunwa Biography, Age: Meet The PDP Governorship Candidate In Kwara / Inibehe Effiong Slams CJN Ibrahim Mohammed For Breaking Ramadan Fast With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.