Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control (34698 Views)

I Don’t Have joystick Erection Over My Wife’s Nagging Attitude- Husband (pic) / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by tintingz(m): 9:10am On Apr 10, 2015
For a lot of men, nagging is comparable to other forms of torture like the rack and being drawn and quartered. Halting your partner's constant whining is easier than you think. But, if you're looking for a stress-free existence, simply follow these suggestions. Believe it or not, you do have the power to stop your partner's nagging.

Agree with her

Whether you agree or not, just say yes. By simply acknowledging the validity of her complaints you'll be able to buy yourself invaluable time. Granted, the problems won't be any closer to being resolved, but she'll be so pleased that you've come around to her way of thinking that you'll temporarily be let off the hook.

Tune it out

When she cranks up the volume of her whining, crank up the volume on your stereo just like you used to do with your mom or, better yet, simply zone out altogether. Be forewarned, however, that ignoring it won't make it go away. Tuning her out may be a decent short- term solution, but ultimately it'll infuriate her even more.

Pick your battles

You must know when it's advantageous to pick a battle and when it's not worth fighting for. Be complaint and defiant alternately.

Strike when the iron's hot

If her biggest issue is the mess you leave when your friends come over, make an effort to clean it before she has a chance to get into action. These five minutes of work will save you from three hours of mind-numbing, soul-crushing nagging.

Give deadlines & meet them

You're watching a match and she won't stop harping about replacing the light bulbs in the foyer. Just assure her it will be done during halftime or, more specifically, as soon as the game ends - and then do it. In the future, she'll know there's no need to nag you because you always come through on your promise.

Hug her & make a move

Next time she kicks her whining into high gear, kiss her affectionately and try to divert her attention. Hey, it works. Over time, she'll equate nagging with romantic interludes and it'll work for both of you.

Surprise, surprise

Derail all of her arguments with a sudden and unexpected surprise. Bring her flowers, get her tickets for the opera, do something so romantic and out of character that she'll suddenly forget all about the nagging.

Just communicate

Maybe over time, you have forgotten how to communicate. The next time she starts nagging you, ask her to take a five- minute time out and consider whether she's truly angry about your lack of cleanliness or whether there's a bigger issue at hand. Her nagging about trivial issues might be symptomatic of a larger, more significant problem. Maybe she feels you don't spend enough time with her.

Turn the tables on her

Nobody's perfect, so how about turning the tables on her. Whenever she nags about your unhealthy eating habits, tell her that she also has bad habits you'd like to see her quit. Just keep in mind that the self-esteem of most women is extremely fragile.

Show her the alternative

Life is all a matter of perspective. Sure, you may not be perfect, but at least you're not as bad as your buddies. Show her how lucky she is to have you by inviting your most uncouth friends over for dinner. They'll set the bar so low, that you'll be the king in no time.

Take it or leave it

Tell her there are some things in your life she'll have to accept if she loves you. Given the choice of accepting your faults or losing you altogether, she'll likely make the decision to stick it out.

Take a break

Taking a break may sound extreme, but you'll be able to better appreciate the qualities that brought you together in the first place. Remember absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Shape up

Nagging is the repetition of unpalatable truths. So maybe, just maybe, there's actually something at the root of her incessant complaining. Granted, nagging is a horrible way of communicating, but she may just have a valid point. Listen to what she's saying and see if you can address the issues that concern her most.

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/6285/1/Nagging-Wife--When-Nagging-Gets-Out-of-Control.html

24 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by agarawu23(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2015
I am sorry I am not that patient to follow the above

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Dyt(f): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2015
cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by edwife(f): 9:50am On Apr 10, 2015
Op you never jam nagging men?that's like death sentence.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by seunfly: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2015
Yeah, some of your point are meant for Nigerian girls but most can work in Nigeria.

The best things is silence or walkout to receive fresh air.

3 Likes

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by tintingz(m): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2015
agarawu23:
Please be... nagging is part of women

4 Likes

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by tintingz(m): 11:15am On Apr 10, 2015
edwife:
Study shows that women nag more than men.

Women are not shy to show their emotions, they express/pour out their emotions, nagging is part of it.

You hardly see men nagging unnecessary especially when the issue is a minor thing.

seunfly:
Yeah, some of your point are meant for Nigerian girls but most can work in Nigeria.

The best things is silence or walkout to receive fresh air.
Yes, it is listed above.

Like taking a break but that won't stop the nagging you have to let her know you don't like her nagging attitude.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 10, 2015
How To Deal With A Nagging Wife:

Get up and do as she says like the boy-boy that you are:

OR:

1. Look at her for fifteen seconds when she's speaking.

2. Say nothing.

3. Look away and continue whatever you were doing before
the nagging gates opened.

4. If the noise is too much, suggest that she lower the
volume of her amplifier.

5. If that doesn't help, go get a drink: this should help in
shutting you up too.

6. If it doesn't help, tell her to shut up.

7. If she doesn't shut up, get up and kiss her. This should
work if she's not possessed.

8. If the kiss doesn't work, you should know that she's the
one to host the airforce midnight meeting of the week. Get
change of clothes for work, leave home, call olosho or
olosho supplier, get a comfortable room.

9. Call from work the next day. And increase the length of
days as discretion allows.

10. Repeat as required. angry angry

This usually cures 95% of nagging spouse situations. If this
doesn't work, you're finished. You either will be a hen-
pecked bastarrd, die young, or get a divorce. In which case,
the first part might just be for you. sad sad

Follow the rubbish prescriptions in the OP at your own peril.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by paulolee(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2015
I hate nagging lyk mad...
wen Kumin bk from p.h last month, she called n pleaded dt I buy her some body wears n collections at a particular boutique in p.h coz it was very cheap in p.h unlike in lag....
unfortunately I forgot n she bought it herself in lag bt it was hell for mi Tru out dt month coz it was constant nagging from her dt I dnT care abT her anymore...
each time she starts d nagging I just insert my earpiece n do music tinz or I just zoom to d nearest viewing center to watch any futball match I see....
it got too much n I started avoiding her n dt same constant nagging was even one of d main reasons I stopped d relationship..
still happy wt d waY she left coz despite her frustrating complaints, I didn't raise a finger on her....
no regrets shaa.....

7 Likes

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by MrPresident1: 11:59am On Apr 10, 2015
Why is she nagging, any underlying unaddressed issues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Klasique911(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Heard the best therapy for a nagging wife is a SLAP served while its HOT

By the time she recovers, she'll be askin u who turned the light OFF

12 Likes

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by steppin: 11:59am On Apr 10, 2015
Op,
You never meet "NAGINA"
All these things on your list are nothing to her.
Pray you don't meet one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by chiedu7: 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Prevention is better than cure.

No marry nagging woman

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by ednut1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
send her packing sharp, was at ikoyi prisons last year as part of work induction, out of 1000 inmates 70 killed their wives, and am sure at least 50 will be nagging related, dey shud hv sent dem packing, do not quote me i jst drank orijin so am high undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
The same way Jesus died for mankind to be saved, knowing fully well he did nothing wrong and has the power to stop his arrest is the same way GEJ actually sacrificed his office for peace to be in Nigeria. U left office for the lives of none northerners living in the north and Nigerians at large.God will surely bless u and vindicate u GEJ did not lose this election, people conspired to have him rigged out, he ignored them and accepted it.I dedicate this Easter peace to u Sir, peace shall never depart from u, ur home, ur family, ur life and anywhere u step foot on.God bless u and God bless Nigeria.Keep smiling Sir, Jesus loves u, whether they like it or not. U are Mr. President of Nigeria, its on record and they can never do anything about it.Instead, they'll continue killing themselves over nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
undecided

BUY A KOBOKO OR AN IRON BELT TO BEAT SENSES INTO HER. THAT IS HOW MY FATHER BEATS MY MOTHER TILL SHE LOST HER LEFT EYE. EVER SINCE SHE HAS BEEN GENTLE. CAN'T WAIT TO BEAT MY WIFE WHEN I'M MARRIED cool

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Kentrasso(f): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Klasique911(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
edwife:

you talking outta experience, huh?

1 Like

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by dipopooo(m): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
cheesy trash
Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by holatin(m): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
dat one na long thing.

Tell her, YOU ARE MAKING ME TIRED OF THIS MARRIAGE, you better don push me to the wall
Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by Mintayo(m): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
Op has never seen a really nagging woman before, the man will actually forget all that you listed! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by phintohlar(f): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
agarawu23:
difinitely u nag too

1 Like

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by iluvweed(m): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
grin

Before you take a foolish step, Always remember your mother also nagged!........... tongue

If your wife does not Nag, then she's got someone banging her real bad outside!....So always appreciate the nagging wives!...trust me, its for the stability of the relationship!....... wink

AMBO FOR GOV!

10 Likes

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by naijainfogalery: 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
God please dont gimme a nagging wife,

I know all women nag but what happens to moderation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by dipopooo(m): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
wink
Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by dipopooo(m): 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
cheesy
Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by MrHighSea: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
Guy, na to tek a stroll. If u discover u go strolling everyday ur bak frm work, tell her, dearie lets stroll to d court

1 Like

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by AmakaDNB(f): 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
Burst into laughter and make her feel stupid...talking out of experience. I no more nag.
Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by mmsen: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
Divorce.

Why tolerate a lifetime of misery?

1 Like

Re: Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control by bbjummy: 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
OK. But come o op, Why is it that when you tell a man the truth must especially abt himself or a little misunderstanding he refuses to accept that truth and eventually terms it nagging?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Dissolves Marriage Of Woman Who Collects N500 From Husband Before Sex / My Husband’s Manhood Malfunctions –wife / Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.