Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

British Council Recruit Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / British Council Recruit Graduates (3228 Views)

Cleaner Lagos: LASG Set To Recruit 20,000 Workers / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff / Hobark Oil & Gas Recruit Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Council Recruit Graduates by sandrapower(f): 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
Home » Job Listings » Government Jobs in Nigeria, » The British Council Current Job, Friday 10, April 2015
The British Council Current Job, Friday 10, April 2015
Posted in: Government Jobs in Nigeria,, Graduate Jobs, Management Jobs in Nigeria,|April 10, 2015|Tags: careers, jobs, management

The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organisation and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world. We call this work – cultural relations.

DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an Exams spe…t to set the strategic direction and lead the development and delivery of the Nigeria examinations business. The postholder will build relationships with key national and international stakeholders and contribute to the leadership of the British Council Nigeria operation.

Examinations work focuses on providing access to high quality UK qualifications to Nigeria customers, thereby facilitating the building of relationships with our target audiences. One of the largest in the global network by income, surplus and volume surplus, the Nigeria examinations business delivers almost 100,000 exams and has an income stream of over £8 million. Our ambition is to double this by 2020.

Nigeria is now officially the largest economy in Africa. It is also the most populous country with over 170 million citizens. The UK is its largest trading partner. Nigeria holds significant political power in the region and internationally and its society retains a positive attitude to the UK. There are therefore major opportunities for the UK and British Council to increase influence, income and, through this, our impact by building on our strong existing relationships with the Nigerian government, institutions and customers/audiences. However, there are complex and substantial risks to this work i.e. security and compliance.

QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum degree-level qualification

JOB PURPOSE:
To set the strategic direction and lead the development and delivery of the Nigeria examinations business. Build relationships with key national and international stakeholders and contribute to the leadership of the British Council Nigeria operation.

MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Product/Programme/Service delivery

Translates regional and SBU strategies into annual work plans and deploys resources efficiently and cost effectively to deliver required income, impact and profitability targets for a small/lower priority country operation or a substantial proportion of defined service/product/programme delivery within in a country or market segment
Liaises closely with regional and SBU colleagues (and/or the external customer as necessary) to clarify and agree local targets in terms of quality/revenue/margin/volume/impact/time/cost
Implements and adapts team work plan(s) in the light of revised corporate requirements, operational changes and local social/economic or political events
Customers & stakeholders

source: http://jobcenternigeria.com/the-british-council-current-job-friday-10-april-2015/
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by Godisnear(m): 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
okay. Hi yam comin.
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by sandrapower(f): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
ok naa
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by sandrapower(f): 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
Application is still on
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by sandrapower(f): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Submit your CV Now
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by Mrbigman1(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2015
sandrapower:
Submit your CV Now

Guess u re in warri.

Am experienced in the oil field but needs something better.

Do u have link to it?

And I have a friend who studied supply chain technology.

Any link cos he's unemployed

Cheers
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by Obaino2013(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2015
sandrapower:
Submit your CV Now
I comment my reserve @ ur DP.

Btw, Am a chemical engineer with 2 year experience in an FCMG coy. Any vacancy for me?
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by sandrapower(f): 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Guess u re in warri.

Am experienced in the oil field but needs something better.

Do u have link to it?

And I have a friend who studied supply chain technology.

Any link cos he's unemployed

Cheers

do you have any experience on Health and Safety? Do you have any certification on HSE? let me know if you have any..
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by Mrbigman1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
sandrapower:

do you have any experience on Health and Safety? Do you have any certification on HSE? let me know if you have any..

Am a firs aider,
Ran a course in offshore safety and accident
1&2
With about 2 yrs experience in mudlogging and a geologist in d making
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by ottty(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by ottty(m): 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hi Sandra,

I am a HSE professional
sandrapower:

with certifications from NEBOSH and ISPON and 3yrs + working experience. Whats on ground?
Re: British Council Recruit Graduates by nkay1888(f): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
sandrapower:

Please i do have a certification in HSE, can u help? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria Recruitment 2017 | How To Apply For FAAN Re / Youwin! 2017 List Released... Proceed To Stage 2 / Ongoing Massive Recruitment At Ocean Deep Drilling ESV Nigeria Limited (ODENL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.