Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c (3008 Views)

Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language / Just As Qpython, Is There A Java Copiler For Android? / Python-django Can Now Be Ran On Your Android Through Qpython... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
Pls, you got experience using your mobile phone to program with python, let's teach and learn here. Mostly QPython but u can share other apps. Still learning though
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Aybee92(m): 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
me 2 learning python with my android fone with qpython...its really fun
python I most say its d easiest language i' ve come across easy syntax, no need for variable declaration, beginner friendly. python is d deal seriously
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
Yeah I also fell in love with python, just wondering down the net and saw the beauty. QPython is just perfect
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
For anyone wondering what's QPython, it sounds similar right qbasic but this can also quick or cheap python.
QPython: this is an android based scripting engine for the python programming language, for writing script and project. Just like a python v2 and notebook editor combined to work on a smaller engine known as the mobile phone.

QPython is not the only way to program with python on mobile phones I know of kivy, any experience with any other engine should be shared, plssss
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by lekropasky(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
megasamuel:
For anyone wondering what's QPython, it sounds similar right qbasic but this can also quick or cheap python.
QPython: this is an android based scripting engine for the python programming language, for writing script and project. Just like a python v2 and notebook editor combined to work on a smaller engine known as the mobile phone.

QPython is not the only way to program with python on mobile phones I know of kivy, any experience with any other engine should be shared, plssss

pls bro...i have some questns...
- Where can i download the App.
- And does it require any additional app/program to get it running.

Thanks...
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
lekropasky:

pls bro...i have some questns...
- Where can i download the App.
- And does it require any additional app/program to get it running.

Thanks...
you can get it on Playstore FREE!! and there no other app needed
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by lekropasky(m): 6:16am On Apr 11, 2015
megasamuel:
you can get it on Playstore FREE!! and there no other app needed

thanks bro
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Perhaps: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
I love Python.
I discovered Qpython when my pc got damaged and i started having what i call a 'python-denial' syndrome due to my inability to code.
Then I found Qpython.
Qpython is so good that you can not only use it for Python but also to code in HTML,LUA,RUBY etc.

Its arguably the best app on my phone.
winkI love Python.
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
I must admit i haven't used Python other than configure and run some linux script but i love the language looking for something to try it on
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Perhaps:
I love Python.
I discovered Qpython when my pc got damaged and i started having what i call a 'python-denial' syndrome due to my inability to code.
Then I found Qpython.
Qpython is so good that you can not only use it for Python but also to code in HTML,LUA,RUBY etc.

Its arguably the best app on my phone.
winkI love Python.
kindly share the process of programming with HTML
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by lekropasky(m): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Please guys...
Im unable to download this app on Google Play store.
Im using TecnoP5 that runs on 4.2kitkat...
I'll be glad if someone can help me fix this...

Thanks In advance.
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by lekropasky(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
Please guys...

Thanks In advance.
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2015
There shouldn't be any problems getting it, whats the problem exactly
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Perhaps: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2015
megasamuel:

Do you want me to explain how to code in HTML or how to use QPython to code in HTML?
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Perhaps: 6:01am On Apr 12, 2015
megasamuel:

Do you want me to explain how to code in HTML or how to use QPython to code in HTML?

Explaining HTML from scratch is a long story but i think the major thing here is that HTML is one of the most important language in the world.
This is so due to its wide use in writing websites. One other thing most people dont know is that HTML is not a programming language but a mark-up language.
And it can be relatively useless(static) without CSS.

You can get across to me if you wanna learn HTML or have questions.
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 11:50am On Apr 12, 2015
How to use QPython to code in html, not really into Web design but would like to know
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Aybee92(m): 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
lekropasky:
Please guys...

Thanks In advance.
I also use techno p5 and I downloaded d app so easy
all u need to do is search for it on Google den follow the link dey give u and u r gud to go
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by lekropasky(m): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
Aybee92:
I also use techno p5 and I downloaded d app so easy
all u need to do is search for it on Google den follow the link dey give u and u r gud to go

thanks bro.....i will keep trying.
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
OK, can anyone assist me in passing values to an argument for ref:this little program
from sys import argv

Script, Samuel, sassy, length = argv
print "the script is called", script
print "the first variable is", Samuel
print "the dogs name is", sassy
print "the height is his", length

So I am getting this
ValueError:argument needs more than one value to unpack
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by samlexxy: 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
Aybee92:
me 2 learning python with my android fone with qpython...its really fun
python I most say its d easiest language i' ve come across easy syntax, no need for variable declaration, beginner friendly. python is d deal seriously
folks like you just get to know the basic part of a language....nd you go around saying Python is cheap and simple....I bet by now you don't any tangible project you have completed with python...except programs to calculate average numbers nd accept variables....bro its about how deep you go in....python can get very complex when you get to some stages...

2 Likes

Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
What are the projects we have carried out using this program?
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Aybee92(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
samlexxy:
folks like you just get to know the basic part of a language....nd you go around saying Python is cheap and simple....I bet by now you don't any tangible project you have completed with python...except programs to calculate average numbers nd accept variables....bro its about how deep you go in....python can get very complex when you get to some stages...
noted boss
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
K, can anyone assist me in passing values to
an argument for ref:this little program
from sys import argv
So I am getting this
ValueError:argument needs more than one
value to unpack
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by megasamuel(m): 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Help with the above questions
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by Nastydroid(m): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
megasamuel:
K, can anyone assist me in passing values to
an argument for ref:this little program
from sys import argv
So I am getting this
ValueError:argument needs more than one
value to unpack
in python?
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by codedtony(m): 4:44pm On Dec 31, 2019
i am just curious which is better qpython or pydroid let us keep this trend alive
Re: Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c by oyolohi: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2020
codedtony:
i am just curious which is better qpython or pydroid let us keep this trend alive

You don't compare dog to lion.

QPython can't even run common turtle. The only GUI library I knew QPython supported was kivy and another boring one nobody used before I abandoned the app.

With Pydroid, you can literally copy your codes from PC and run them without modifying any damn thing. From tkinter to Pyqt. Is it matplotlib? Pyjnius? Tensorflow? Jupyter? Django (OK, qpython runs this too) Keras? Scipy or scikit-learn? ... Just name it!

Pydriod has a flawless pip... Unlike QPython. I had to dig into pip and tricked or modified it before I could use it those days. You can manage all libraries in Pydroid... Command line? No. Better. By clicking to install or uninstall! ... Damn. I can talk from now till tomorrow—but one thing for sure, Pydroid's a love at first sight.

Coming from a guy with years of experience programming on mobile and that have done unbelievable things from his android device, from building android apps with actual Java codes (yes, I know of an app... It's free) to building complex websites without coding anything on PC (for myself and clients), no app currently exists on the face of this planet (for python) that can be compared to Pydroid.

Peace.

Cc: Perhaps, megasamuel, Aybee92, lekropasky and to every other person who mentioned QPython directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hot!!! How To Learn To Code Using Your Android Device / Who Can Help With Writing An Encryption Algorithm? How Soon Can One Learn How To / The Eight Levels Of Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.