Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,503 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals (16219 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos / Prophet Mboro: Jesus Wife Is Hot And Sexy / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by EbiscoComedian: 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
The Oversea/Founder of Believers Love World Ministry aka Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, has finally opened up on the divorce suit filed against him by his wife after a long time of silence on the issue. According to Daily Post, Oyakhilome described the allegations leveled against him as “crazy” and “stupid” and urged his church members to pray for his estranged wife while speaking on Sunday evening during the monthly global communion service of the church.

Pastor Oyakhilome, who appeared disturbed during his first few minutes on stage, acknowledged that divorce is unBiblical but suggested he could consider the option should his wife insist on it.
“I heard that some media houses – especially in Nigeria, are writing some things against me. All sorts of frivolous charges, that’s crazy.

“You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God.

“The only thing you might find will be a man of God, maybe in two different kinds of ways. Moses, for example, when he struck the rock twice, he was provoked by the anger of the people. It was not because he wanted to do something against the Lord. No man of God does something against the Lord.
No man of God does something against the Lord.

“Are you hearing me? A man of God is set on a course; there is a type of life that he is given. Then you have a young man, a young prophet; he wasn’t named; he was deceived by another man of God and so he went in a direction that God said ‘don’t go’.

“That is the only kind of thing you find about a man of God when he misses the message of God or he acts beyond what God said. But a man of God settles himself in the fight against the world…like those writing those stupid things about me, that I did this and I did that.

“You don’t know who a man of God is. I don’t go in that direction. I wasn’t accused of the things you said, nor did I commit those stupid things that you said and I don’t need to go into that level in such discussions”.
He recalled that Jesus passed through similar travails and eventually overcame.
He said that although so many people were making mockery of him, he would remain steadfast and not lose focus.

“Jesus Christ was accused by many– a lot of frivolous charges. There will always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations against Jesus, It didn’t change who he was. It didn’t change him.

“There are preachers and there are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God and I go in the way I’m asked to go. It may cause some troubles with individuals but that’s not because I have done something wrong and when it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to you is ‘pray for her’.
“Don’t act like those people. If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a minister to definitely be at the level of that minister and so they may be looked upon and the expectation may be like that, but it’s a positional thing.

“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible. How many of them? Who was Peter’s wife, did you ever know her name? You never find that out.

Who was John’s wife? Did you ever read the name? What about all the other Apostles? How many of their names are written in the Bible? You never find their names”, he added.
At this point, one of the female pastors ought to know why the names of wives of the men of God were not found in the Bible.
Oyakhilome’s response was that she should ask God whenever she finds him.
“Why? You ask God when you find him. Ask God when you find him”, he exclaimed.

“So, they are little things; don’t try to make something big out of them. So when journeying, doing the things that God called us to do, Christians should not have a divorce; it shouldn’t be, but you see, that doesn’t mean a Christian may not take the step.

“They may do it but they have to make things right and we shouldn’t take one another to court. But when it happens, not that we don’t just want to go, it means someone is taking us there.

“That’s a problem, but be wise and stay focused in the word of God and don’t let those who want to feast on things like this, including Christians…
“There are Christians who like things like this; they want to make something big out of this: ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, we said it’. You said what? Judge nothing before the time. Be wise. Glory to God.

“So we are not working in sin and living in sin and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his righteousness. We walk in that light only, and that’s the way it’s gonna be”.

In April 2014, Anita Oyakhilome filed for divorce at Central Family Court, High Holborn, London, UK, citing her husband’s “unreasonable behaviour” and inappropriate relationships with female members.

1 Share

Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by zyzxx(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
What can we do?

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by Mprex(f): 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
ok. undecided
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by ramdris(m): 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
This will surely make fp.
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by nzeobi(m): 1:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
OP where are the reasons
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by Nzepresh(f): 1:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hmmm. I think we should pray for them
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by rihgtiousneas: 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nzepresh:
Hmmm. I think we should pray for them

Really ?!
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by Oyinprince(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
All these bloggers sef, una just want traffic by all means.
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by ebamma(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
That Oyakhilome man is a scammer, imagine him saying
A man of God is
handpicked by God, set on
course by God

Im for kukuma tell us say na God give am money make im buy jerry curl put for im hair
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by donnie(m): 11:34am On Apr 11, 2015
Just look at these fools. . . SMH and leaves thread.
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by Kay17: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
The Gospel of Self Validation and Self Appointment.
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by Cheks01(f): 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
Divorce is not always the best solution to crisis in the family. God is still saying something, all u need do is 'listen'.
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by vooks: 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
Reverend Chris is a huge brand and negroes will do anything to ride on his coat tails
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by TI1919(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
grin
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by charlesbible14: 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
BIBLICAL REASONS WHY PAYMENT OF TITHE IS ILLEGAL TO [color=#770077][/color]THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

Why did God ask the Israelites to pay tithe? Answer Numbers 18:21-24 shows that it was for the sake of the levitical priesthood.

2) However, in the days of Nehemiah, the Israelites has stopped bringing in the tithe to the levites, hence the levites were forced to abandoned their work in the temple and to look for what to eat, therefore God used Nehemiah to correct the matter, they came back to their work as the Israelites started paying tithe again. See Nehemiah 13:10- 13

3)Once again, in days of prophet Malachi, the Israelites stopped bringing in the tithe to the levitical priesthood as the law required (Numbers 18:21-24)This time God spoke harshly to them through prophet Malachi accusing them of robbing him (Malachi 3:8-10)

(4) However Christians are not required to pay tithe, why? Because the levitical- priesthood has ended and the law governing it also changed which included paying of tithe to them as HEBREWS 7:5,12 SHOWS.
Verse 5 says " And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood have a commandment to take tithe of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the lions of Abraham"
Verse 12 says "for the priesthood been changed, there is made of necessity a changed also of the law "KJV

5) Hence, no Christian in the Bible paid tithe, even. The famous preacher Apostle Paul collected no tithe from all the number of congregations he helped to established. Rather he worked with his own hands to support his ministry as a tent maker (Acts 18: 1-3, 20: 33-34)

6. How then should Christians give today?
Answer 2 Corinthians 9:7 says "You should each, give then as you have Decided, not with regret or out of duty for God loves the one who gives gladly "(Good news Bible )

Finally, any Bible scholar, pastor etc who believes that this explanation is wrong -should Please proof me wrong using the Bible as his basis. Otherwise they should Please stop robbing their members by asking them to pay tithe! Romans 2:21-23 says "do you, however the one teaching someone else not teach yourself, you the one preaching do not steal do you steal?..... You the one abhorring idols do you rob temple? You who take pride in law do you dishonor God by your transgressing of the law?

Comparing our worship to an athlete who runs in a race, the Scripture says "An athlete who runs in a race can not win the prize unless he obeys the rules. (2Timothy 2:5)Good news Bible!
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by An2elect2(f): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
mcheeeeeeew not this fake MOG again.
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by An2elect2(f): 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
charlesbible14:
BIBLICAL REASONS WHY PAYMENT OF TITHE IS ILLEGAL TO THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

Why did God ask the Israelites to pay tithe? Answer Numbers 18:21-24 shows that it was for the sake of the levitical priesthood.

2) However, in the days of Nehemiah, the Israelites has stopped bringing in the tithe to the levites, hence the levites were forced to abandoned their work in the temple and to look for what to eat, therefore God used Nehemiah to correct the matter, they came back to their work as the Israelites started paying tithe again. See Nehemiah 13:10- 13

3)Once again, in days of prophet Malachi, the Israelites stopped bringing in the tithe to the levitical priesthood as the law required (Numbers 18:21-24)This time God spoke harshly to them through prophet Malachi accusing them of robbing him (Malachi 3:8-10)

(4) However Christians are not required to pay tithe, why? Because the levitical- priesthood has ended and the law governing it also changed which included paying of tithe to them as HEBREWS 7:5,12 SHOWS.
Verse 5 says " And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood have a commandment to take tithe of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the lions of Abraham"
Verse 12 says "for the priesthood been changed, there is made of necessity a changed also of the law "KJV

5) Hence, no Christian in the Bible paid tithe, even. The famous preacher Apostle Paul collected no tithe from all the number of congregations he helped to established. Rather he worked with his own hands to support his ministry as a tent maker (Acts 18: 1-3, 20: 33-34)

Answer 2 Corinthians 9:7 says "You should each, give then as you have Decided, not with regret or out of duty for God loves the one who gives gladly "(Good news Bible )

Finally, any Bible scholar, pastor etc who believes that this explanation is wrong -should Please proof me wrong using the Bible as his basis. Otherwise they should Please stop robbing their members by asking them to pay tithe! Romans 2:21-23 says "do you, however the one teaching someone else not teach yourself, you the one preaching do not steal do you steal?..... You the one abhorring idols do you rob temple? You who take pride in law do you dishonor God by your transgressing of the law?

Comparing our worship to an athlete who runs in a race, the Scripture says "An athlete who runs in a race can not win the prize unless he obeys the rules. (2Timothy 2:5)Good news Bible!

Amen!

Anyone who is seeking justification before God through payment of tithes, observing of sabbath days, etc has automatically brought himself under the curse of the law.

Slaves of righteousness by law/works, tithe to "earn" God's favour and blessings.

Slaves of righteousness by faith, give as it has been purposed in their hearts cos they are blessed already.
Re: Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals by charlesbible14: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2015
charlesbible14:
BIBLICAL REASONS WHY PAYMENT OF TITHE IS ILLEGAL TO THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / Muslims Curse Jews And Christians 17 Times Each Day As Part Of The Salat / To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.