Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read (867 Views)

Okwû Igbo Nke Zuruoha (Igbo Words That Have Gone Global) / Yoruba Words And Phrases That Has Gone Global!!(interesting) / Gender Equality Gone Too Far? Check This Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read by Iamxtopher(m): 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
(The following perception is brought to you by an uptown New Yorker. Before shots are fired, I’d like to ease your thin skin by acknowledging that this is not a reference to every person in the universe. I already know that you are the exception from everything I’ve written here.)

I am walking down Dyckman Street heading home when I observe a myriad of people stretched across the sidewalk spilling onto the street. It’s nothing uncommon on a beautiful Sunday afternoon but those who are not sitting/eating in designated restaurant areas are occupying the middle of the sidewalk like tourists do in Times Square. And if you’re a New Yorker like me then it’s on the list of “Most hated things for New Yorkers” next to the smell of MTA subway stations.

What’s supposed to be a casual walk quickly turned into football preseason training as I slither, weave and athletically maneuver my way through the crowds. However, while I do so, it appears as if I’m moving past the same people over and over again sort of like an old school Nintendo Kung Fu game. In fact, I actually slow down to a halt just to observe everyone around me in more detail.

Some of you who live in the Washington Heights or Inwood neighborhoods may know whom I’m referring to. All the women dressed up as if they are attending the Latin Grammy Awards with their tight dresses exaggerating their fake breasts and ass with over done make-up etc. The men with their fitted baseball caps or typical trendy haircuts wearing sunglasses, jewelry, skinny yet baggy jeans with converse shoes and tight short-sleeved shirts showing off their unfinished tattoos etc.

Everyone is zombified by their phones either on social media or are taking pictures of themselves, their food and drinks and uploading them on social media with a plethora of hashtags reflecting “the high life”… which last time I remembered, only happened if you were drinking Miller Light (There were none to be found).

I realize I’m surrounded by superficial clone types and I honestly can’t tell them apart. It could be a cultural thing but I’m left wondering, “which culture does it represent?” Certainly not any form of Hispanic culture. It can’t be a local thing because the majority of people here aren’t from this area. Now I hate hipsters as much as the next guy but this particular cookie cutter crowd I found oddly similar and it inevitably had my mind thinking. It’s clear everything going on around me is supposed to be a social venue but there was something indifferent about it all.

After reaching home and further thinking I realized what I witnessed was an epidemic. There has to be a reason why guys now are overly insecure, wear pretty earrings, pluck their eyebrows and spend more time getting dressed and admiring themselves in the mirror than women. Don’t get me wrong, hygiene and “man-scaping” is necessary when appropriate but it looks like what used to be an exclusive female trait has been acquired by their male counterpart in a competitive way.

Likewise, there has to be a reason why woman spend more time, money and energy on their appearance as if there’s a contest on who could be the best looking female in the world or, so as to attract the man with the most money wherever they go out. Seriously, what the hell is going on socially these days? I can go in many directions with this topic but I’m going to only cover why encounters, that have evolved from such social settings, typically end distastefully for women.

Let’s call it, “The Bored Identity” in light of one of my favorite conspiracy films. It’s generally true that guys chase the most attractive woman wherever they can find them and likewise, woman gravitate towards successful men with money. But here’s how the old, often repeated story goes: Guys objectify women, cheat on them somehow and then women end up heartbroken, categorizing all men as assholes. However, here’s the thing, I don’t necessarily blame men entirely for playing this role.

(Please note: Men are not dogs. Dogs are loyal, are always excited to see you and enjoy nothing more than to be in your presence.)

You see, the majority of females these days focus so much on how they appear in life that they mistakenly end up developing the wrong parts of their existence.

Unfortunately due to this, I notice women end up attracting the same type of guys. Which means they probably have a history of failed relationships or unsatisfied ones leading to chronic distrust in men, insecurity and loneliness.

Men don’t get a free pass because weare assholes… but females have a hand in it. You see, all those hours of women getting their nails done, being in the hair salon gossiping and going out looking for attention is only going to attract a certain type of male.

The reality is beautiful women are a dime a dozen. Don’t believe me? Just look at almost all of social media. Beautiful women exist in the millions and all the guys are in competition on who can bang the most attractive women before we die. That’s why we generally come and go (pun intended) in relationships. We brag and show off our conquests because we are cavemen. The women on the other hand become insecure and impressively defensive when engaging in another relationship and rightfully so.

So, how do we solve this? What do women do? I think it’s simple, women… become your grandmother. Let me describe her.

She has a strong beautiful spirit that nurtures your soul when she’s around. She’s wise and endearing when she speaks. She’s the center of attention because her soul unifies the family. Her character is unbroken no matter the circumstance or situation. She is the backbone of strength and faith. Her joy is in helping and taking care of those she loves. She’s respected and loved by everyone. She’s peaceful to be around and you enjoy listening to her. She makes you smile and it seems as if she has all the answers to life.

You hope to be like her one day and we guys hope so too because we have grandmothers as well and they are the most incredible women we know (outside of our moms of course).

I’ll let you females in on a little secret, although we’re assholes, we do knowreal women when we see one or come across one. We may not admit it because we’re too scared to acknowledge such things but it’s true. We will collapse into you helplessly if you were like your grandmother… especially if you cook like her (wink).

Being physically beautiful will only attract men not keep them.

Show me a beautiful woman and I’ll show you a guy tired of “banging” her. That’s why guys sleep with women and then move along, because physicality is a depreciating value. If that’s all you offer then you give no reason for a man to stay because there will always be someone more beautiful and younger in our hunt for world dominance.

Women, it’s time you start demanding a better kind of man by demanding more of yourself, otherwise we’ll find you boring and will do just enough to get laid. Don’t invest in your nails, invest in your mind. Stop yapping on the phone and leave your phone at home and enjoy time alone where you can listen to yourself. Spend time with your family and loved ones and stop trying to “do you.” You’re already beautiful. You don’t need your hair done, extravagant make-up or some provocative dress to prove it.

Stop posting countless pictures of yourself on social media to seek adoration and focus on your soul. Work and money are not going anywhere so enjoy the purity of life. Stop trying to be a superstar, the center of attention or competing with the entire superficial female population and discover who you really are and what’s been given to you. Allow yourself to become that strong, wholesome spiritual woman your grandmother is/was and eventually you’ll stop asking “Where have all the men gone?” because you will no longer feel the need to keep looking… men will be looking for you. We always are.

Know the difference between seeking attention and attraction, women. What you want and what your soul needs are seldom the same.

DISCLAIMER: I understand that not everyone’s mother and/or grandmother are what I described. In any case, aspire to become more by journeying within yourself and discovering the path on become more.‎‎

Jubei Raziel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read by Beamborla(f): 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
And I've learnt something
Re: Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read by paul288yahoo(m): 5:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
true talk.....identity crises is the root cause of all societal disorder.... insecurity abounds.
Re: Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read by Iamxtopher(m): 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
paul288yahoo:
true talk.....identity crises is the root cause of all societal disorder.... insecurity abounds.

It's the plague that has been eating to the core of our society..

I need this to make front page
Re: Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
Here

Re: Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read by Iamxtopher(m): 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
The Guy above me is the bomb grin
Re: Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Impressive write up. Learnt something therein.

(1) (Reply)

5 Super Hilarious Hausa Proverbs And Their Meaning / 7 Unique Things About Yoruba's Wedding / 12yr Old Girl Forced Into To Lgbt By Assault From Lgbt Senior-seeking Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.