Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 (98030 Views)

British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Global Graduate (operations) Programme 2 / 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment / Trade Marketing Representative At British American Tobacco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:

I partly agree with Dadaic, about shamble recruitment strategy adopted by some multi-national (which in my own opnion is masterminded by our Nigerian HR). I have actually worked in a mutinational firm where out of the 12 people that were recruited, 8 had internal referrer.

But that still doesn't mean there are no multinational that don't conduct free and fair recruitment e.g P&G

@Dadaic: At this stage of recruitment, I dont think there is need to cause applicant to lose hope, changes might have been set-in by the multinational companies to curtail this evil practise by our Nigeria HR personnel.
bro, referral is a method of hiring. Enquire from right human resource professionals. It becomes ill when it is not done on merit.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by KINGTELLER: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
majekdom2:
bro, referral is a method of hiring. Enquire from right human resource professionals. It becomes ill when it is not done on merit.

The bolded is what my write-up explained.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 12:19am On Apr 17, 2015
Well, well well...seems the regret mails have started coming in. Me cousin just got the boot. Told her that all these her yankee mentality with regards to individualism won't work here, she nor listen. End of story...she was dropped for flopping the cultural assessment test. grin

So, if you got a reject in your status at the bat careers website, expect the mail man to come knocking soon with some bad news. Better luck next time, and tell them what they want to hear. Keep your independent, non-conformist views to yourself or share it with your immediate family. Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 17, 2015
Abbeykord:
Dear Abiodun,

Thanks again for applying to join British American Tobacco as Trade Marketing Representative - North . Thanks too for taking the time to complete the online Cognitive assessment.

Please note there is another cognitive assessment waiting to be taken.

We don’t want you to miss out on this opportunity. To complete the assessment, please click the link below.

We’ll be in touch again once you’ve completed this stage, to let you know what happens next.

Good luck!

The British American Tobacco Recruitment team

I got this via email last night for another cognitive assessment...who got this too? Cos I felt its just the numerical and verbal reasoning test...now there's a stage two. Maybe second chance...lol
I just did my Cognitive assessment, but if you check when this mail arrive you'll realized it came after the numerical. it was just a reminder to tell you to go on to verbal which you've already done now.

My success "congratulations on making it through to the next stage" email just came in a few minutes after completion. Now we await the phone interview wink

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by prosperanyi(m): 7:10am On Apr 17, 2015
BAT is a dream for almost anyone. I wish us all good fortunes in the Days to Come.

~Valar Dorgharis~

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by arabralph(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2015
[hope this una fone call no go take one year before them start to dey call.
Praying God to see us thru,i wonder how many people will be taken...
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 7:20am On Apr 17, 2015
Well...we just need to wait.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by nikelviva: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2015
WildOne:
So I did the cognitive test thingy in the wee hours of today. I didn't want any network wahala, hence my timing. And it went like a dream.

Now awaiting the next stage.

#SaiBATN

Hehehehehe.......
Good morning, pls have u received a mail regards to the cognitive test u took? Thanks
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by WildOne(f): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2015
nikelviva, I've not seen any mail oo, & I feel quite confident about the cognitive test. It's like Abbeykord is the only one that got a mail after the cognitive test.

Abi any other person don get? Prosperanyi, arabralph, jbaby4u, asonopepo et al,
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by arabralph(m): 8:53am On Apr 17, 2015
many people here are waiting for phone interview.they r all done from the cognitive tests...please check ur status bar to continue the test,be fast cos it has ended yesterday

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by TheeRevelation: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2015
4C2215131:
Well, well well...seems the regret mails have started coming in. Me cousin just got the boot. Told her that all these her yankee mentality with regards to individualism won't work here, she nor listen. End of story...she was dropped for flopping the cultural assessment test. grin

So, if you got a reject in your status at the bat careers website, expect the mail man to come knocking soon with some bad news. Better luck next time, and tell them what they want to hear. Keep your independent, non-conformist views to yourself or share it with your immediate family. Shalom.

Lol got me laughing.

But its very true, one has to tell these employers what they really wanna hear.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by asonopepo: 9:34am On Apr 17, 2015
WildOne:
nikelviva, I've not seen any mail oo, & I feel quite confident about the cognitive test. It's like Abbeykord is the only one that got a mail after the cognitive test.

Abi any other person don get? Prosperanyi, arabralph, jbaby4u, asonopepo et al,

I got a congratulatory mail about an hour after the test. Login to check your status.

Cheers.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2015
I guess we all received same mail below after the cognitive test and my HR Status is "Initial Review"

Dear Abiodun,

Thanks for taking the time to complete the assessment so far, and congratulations on making it through to the next stage. It is a robust process to go through but, like everyone who joins us, we’re sure you have the tenacity and determination to overcome the unique challenges present in a vast international business like ours.

We’ll be in touch again once we’ve reviewed your application further.

With best wishes,

Please do not reply to this email

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by asonopepo: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2015
Same

Abbeykord:
I guess we all received same mail below after the cognitive test and my HR Status is "Initial Review"

Dear Abiodun,

Thanks for taking the time to complete the assessment so far, and congratulations on making it through to the next stage. It is a robust process to go through but, like everyone who joins us, we’re sure you have the tenacity and determination to overcome the unique challenges present in a vast international business like ours.

With best wishes,

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by hibekey2(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
I got same mail and same status. Finger crossed

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by emilo26(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
kaiii... You're so hilarious!! grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue.. So just because you failed ehn? And did i just hear JUJU?? No wonder you were rejected! They could tell that you are just a superstitious young man that doesn't understand that JUJU doesn't move in these professional business circles!!
dadaic:

It means you failed the test. I will be sincere with you. BAT is a really tough place to get into. You strictly and sincerely have to know someone. I know of two persons working there using strong juju just to keep their job. It's no joke, because the life they live there seems unreal. They get paid well, and the training they get is out of this world. It is a world class organisation and those who are in will do anything for their own personal persons to be there. The tests were pretty easy, you just get the usual format style, after some mins, you see that your status has been rejected. But no reason will be sent as to why the tests were failed. It is a cold world we live in people, and some persons who work in that place will go to church, dance like never before, but they are the ones sending the rejection e-mails just for you and I not to work there.

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
emilo26:
kaiii... You're so hilarious!! grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue.. So just because you failed ehn? And did i just hear JUJU?? No wonder you were rejected! They could tell that you are just a superstitious young man that doesn't understand that JUJU doesn't move in these professional business circles!!

Make una no vex una hear.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by jbaby4u: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for the heads up. i have done the cognitive test and same HR status as you stated
Abbeykord:

Dear Abiodun,

With best wishes,

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by prosperanyi(m): 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
With God all things are Possible.

#ibelieve

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by WildOne(f): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2015
Just saw my congratulatory mail nestling in my Spam. Bring Back Our Gir......... Sorry, bring on the next stage!!!!
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
Congrats Wildone, buh abeg...always check your junk/spam folders for some important mails that due to a reason or another may go into the said folders. To prevent this you may also add Enterprise@trm.brassring.com as contacts on your email.
WildOne:
Just saw my congratulatory mail nestling in my Spam. Bring Back Our Gir......... Sorry, bring on the next stage!!!!
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
FESTAC101:
Exactly,very rubbish and inconsistent write-up.

Bros Abeg how can I reach u? Need to find out summin from u
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by mroyato(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
Please I need someone who has taken the culture questionaire stage to please give a clue of the things to expect
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by nikelviva: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
WildOne:
Hv u not been checking ur spam? Cos I do check my mail nd till now no response. Pls how do I contact them so I can at least know wat d issue is.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by FESTAC101: 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Goodkidd:

Bros Abeg how can I reach u? Need to find out summin from u

I sent you an e-mail,just reply and we can take it from there.

Regards.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by prosperanyi(m): 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
For this confidence we have in Him, that whatever request we make to Him in prayers, he answers us.

Please who else applied for Finance? I will like us to get to know each other.

#munachimso

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by osujiifeoma78(f): 12:46am On Apr 20, 2015
Pls I nid someone to help me out on dis question, I applied on Saturday being 18th April but I haven't checked my mail since then so I jst open my mail dis night and saw d message for d first assessment and I tried to open Bt its not opening, is it that d test has expired or wat, pls someone shud help. Thanks.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by femiyem: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2015
WildOne:

Abi any other person don get? Prosperanyi, arabralph, jbaby4u, asonopepo et AOL,
yes i got tu yestsday evnin
afta my test

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2015
I am also waiting for my telephone interview
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 20, 2015
osujiifeoma78:
Pls I nid someone to help me out on dis question, I applied on Saturday being 18th April but I haven't checked my mail since then so I jst open my mail dis night and saw d message for d first assessment and I tried to open Bt its not opening, is it that d test has expired or wat, pls someone shud help. Thanks.

Are you using phone? If yes, you gotta use chrome browser
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by kavenich(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2015
jbaby4u:
Thanks for the heads up. i have done the cognitive test and same HR status as you stated

What's the nature of the cognitive test (the numerical and verbal)?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Npower Applications Open At 11.30PM June 11, What You Need To Know (videos) / Nigerian Army 72 Regular Recruit Intake For 2014/2015 Out. / 2019/2020 Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment Portal - Apply Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.