Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com (1040 Views)

What Will Happen If The Sun Disappeared! (photos) / What Will Happen If An Unstoppable Force Hits An Immovable Object / What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by okiaso(m): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
Asked Jan 30 in Computers & Internet by okiaso.
Read: http://www.campusfame.com/130/what-would-happen-if-the-internet-collapsed
---
A global collapse of the Internet would have circumstances far greater than driving your local IT professional nuts.
The Internet is robust. It's not dependent upon a single machine or cable. It's a network made up of other computer networks. It spans the globe. Connections cross over continents, under oceans and through space via satellites. And as the Internet has grown, so has our dependence upon it.
Connections across the Internet are flexible. When you use your computer to contact another machine on the Internet, the data could cross one of millions of pathways. Whenever you download a file, the file comes to your machine in electronic data packets that travel across the Internet. The packets don't all take the same path -- the traffic routes are dynamic. If a particular connection is damaged or unresponsive, the data can follow a different path to reach your machine.
This makes the Internet a reliable communications resource. Even if an entire section of the Internet were to go offline in the wake of a natural disaster or a nuclear attack, other sections could remain functional. While any data stored on machines that were hit by the disaster might be lost, the Internet itself would remain.
It's almost impossible to imagine a set of circumstances that could cause the Internet to collapse. It would require destruction on such a widespread scale that the loss of the Internet would probably be the least of our worries.
But what if the Internet did collapse? How would that affect us? Would life change drastically or would we quickly adjust, relying on older means of
communication?
---
Source: http://www.campusfame.com/130/what-would-happen-if-the-internet-collapsed
Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by MrFlavvor(m): 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
I'd kill myself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by agarawu23(m): 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
to be sincere I will be one the most boring soul because I spend most of my time on Internet when am back from work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by ammyluv2002(f): 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
MrFlavvor:
I'd kill myself!
For real?

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by Uyi168: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
Lyf wil simply move on...

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by MrFlavvor(m): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
ammyluv2002:
For real?
yes,for real

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by 7footre(m): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
We'll go back to d days of tales by the moonlight and secret of the sand... d good ol' days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ha! Twill b very difficult. Worse than b4 we had internet.

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by Fourmatic: 10:48am On Apr 12, 2015
What will happen?

Everything will happen

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by okiaso(m): 12:58am On Apr 26, 2015
MrFlavvor:
I'd kill myself!
Take am easy... Really, we have invested most of our time and resources to the internet.
Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by Dekatron(m): 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
When NL was behaving one kind few days ago, i lost taste(yea, even chicken becomes tasteless wen i am in bad mood), not to talk of LINKEDIN,FB,twitter, ever smart GOOGLE . . INSHORT, AS I WAS SAYING BEFORE CHECKING THIS THREAD : SOME SCENARIOS ARE BETTER LEFT, UN-IMAGINED

i case my rest
Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by kemiola89(f): 8:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Oh well, that would be like a dream come true! cheesy more like returning back to balance.

We were living before the internet came into existence, we don't need it now to survive.
Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by kolaaderin: 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
YEAHHHHHH we are resetting the world to DEFAULT SETTING......

That will be cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Some people can never survive with out a daily dose of tweeter, FB, and Nairaland, while some have a brain backup on GOOGLE.
You Remove GOOGLE from their life, the remains is a ZOMBIE.

ZOMBIE: Brainless human carcass

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by okiaso(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
On behalf of the 'Campus Fame - Academia!' (http://www.campusfame.com), I want to use this mean to say a very big thank you to every beloved 'Naira Land' member who has contributed to this Question.
---
For more Questions and Answers, please kindly visit: http://www.campusfame.com
Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by persius555(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
The internet collapses every now and then but we just dont notice it. The internet is built on the concept of redundant links. The protocol that governs the internet (BGP) is built to be slow so as to allow smooth and reliable convergence whenever there is a disruption.
Re: What Would Happen If The Internet Collapsed? - Sponsored: www.CampusFame.com by okiaso(m): 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Notice: All discussions has been posted on http://www.CampusFame.com under this topic successfully. Thanks for the contributions

(1) (Reply)

Get About 95mb Free On Mtn. Latest And Still Working. / Printing And Photocopy Monitoring / Intel Hs Lekki ,all Applicant Are To Forward Their Cv Before Scheduled Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.