Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,561 members, 7,770,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:49 AM

How To Install Windows(7,8 And XP) From A USB Flash Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Install Windows(7,8 And XP) From A USB Flash Drive (1088 Views)

How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / How To Get More GB On A USB (flash Drive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install Windows(7,8 And XP) From A USB Flash Drive by sunnedee: 1:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Why will you even need to install Windows from a flash drive?

There are many reasons why this may be useful to you.
One of them being the fact that the disc drive of your computer is faulty.
Another reason is that if you are using a mini laptop.
This method can also be used conveniently if you are "on the move" engineer.

MATERIALS NEEDED:
1) Windows installation disc
This is where you copy the installation files to your flash

2) Flash Drive (At least 4GB for Windows 7 and cool

3) Windows to flash Software

Also, Your computer needs to be able to boot from an external media or removable drive.
Some old computers do not support or have this functionality.
You should also know how to enter the setup of your computer to change the boot sequence/boot order in to select USB as first boot device.

COMMONLY MADE MISTAKES:
1)Copying the windows files directly from the installation disc to the flash drive
2) Forgetting to set external or removable media as first boot device

For the STEP BY STEP tutorial, SCREENSHOTS on how to do this and the DOWNLOAD LINK of the windows to USB software, visit:

BLOGGINGCONCEPT INSTALL WINDOWS FROM FLASH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Install Windows(7,8 And XP) From A USB Flash Drive by seunlayi(m): 6:20am On Apr 11, 2015
interesting but I just noticed that there are many nice topics this computer section whereas I only stay glue to politics sections

1 Like

Re: How To Install Windows(7,8 And XP) From A USB Flash Drive by sunnedee: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2015
seunlayi:
interesting but I just noticed that there are many nice topics this computer section whereas I only stay glue to politics sections

Yup. You can learn a lot from the computers section. Myself learned a lot here.
Different people with different taste though.
See ya!
Re: How To Install Windows(7,8 And XP) From A USB Flash Drive by simplejayy(m): 12:15am On Apr 16, 2015
no ISO?
Re: How To Install Windows(7,8 And XP) From A USB Flash Drive by sunnedee: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
simplejayy:
no ISO?

Nope.

(1) (Reply)

Real Racing 3 For PC / System Doesnt Power Up Despite Full Charge / Fixing Any Hard Drive Issues And Recovery Of Data Of Raw Or Dead Drives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.