Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children (1765 Views)

When A Woman Decides That It's Only The Children She'll Care For / What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? / Wedlock Of The Ghost: Remarry Your Dead Wife Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Ibiyomee(f): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2015
The nanny identified as Mary Akinloye who kidnapped three children in Surulere area of Lagos State has given the victims’ family two days to produce N13m ransom or lose the children.
And according to PUNCH, Mary had issued the ultimatum through a man who used her telephone to communicate with the family. The initial N15m demanded by the kidnappers had been reduced to N13m after much appeal by the victim’s mother.
Their correspondent visited the family on Friday and learnt that the ransom had been reduced to
N13m and efforts to cut a fairer deal with the kidnappers had been abortive.
The victims’ father, Leke, said that the family received a text message from the kidnappers on Friday afternoon, saying the children’s life depended on the payment of the ransom within 24 hours of the ultimatum. Although, this was later reviewed to 48 hours. He said:
“They said we should produce the money in 24 hours or they would ‘delete’ our kids.
“Our major concern is our 11 months old baby who needs extra care.”
Their mother, Adebisi, said the incident had started affecting her mentally. She appealed to Nigerians of goodwill to support the family with funds, adding that the family could not afford to pay the ransom.
She said:
“I called the line of the nanny and a man picked the call. He initially demanded N15m, but after I begged him, he agreed to take N13m. We have been exchanging text messages and he has insisted on N13m. He has also assured us that we have no other option than to pay the money.
I spoke with the children and they said the kidnappers were treating them well and that they were doing fine. I’m sure if they get the money today, they will release my children to me. All they need is the money.
I appeal to the government, politicians in the country, Nigerians of goodwill to please help us before it is too late. After my children have been released to me, the police can then begin their investigation.”
The Orekoya family reportedly had agreed before the kidnap to a monthly salary of N10, 000 to N15, 0000 with Akinloye, who claimed to be looking for money to continue her education.

citypeoplenews.com/kidnap-update-pay-n13m-in-2-days-or-lose-your-children-nanny-threatens-orekoya-parents/

1 Share

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Dyt(f): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2015
Hmmmmm
This is sad

I can't just imagine what that woman is passing thru
3kids?
Na die oo
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Wendy80(f): 8:52am On Apr 11, 2015
My God sad
Save us from evil maids and Save these Kids.
I hope we mothers learn too sad

1 Like

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by nonjebose(m): 9:31am On Apr 11, 2015
Very serious. What can one say to this? They named her Mary. She would reap her evil a 1000 fold
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by YUNGLURD(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2015
11months old baby? How come?,when the mother suppose to back the baby on her back...I pray they release those kids hale n hearty. This is what happens when feminism is the order of day. Its high time mothers should be responsible for the care of their kid(s).I'm sure the mother of those kids is the type that comes home late due to work.

1 Like

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2015
YUNGLURD:
11months old baby? How come?,when the mother suppose to back the baby on her back...I pray they release those kids hale n hearty. This is what happens when feminism is the order of day. Its high time mothers should be responsible for the care of their kid(s).I'm sure the mother of those kids is the type that comes home late due to work.

If u don't have any serious contribution,I suggest u keep mute.

6 Likes

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by YUNGLURD(m): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2015
Cece23:

If u don't have any serious contribution,I suggest u keep mute.
u should have handcuffed my hands nau..mtcheeewww

3 Likes

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by ifyalways(f): 11:08am On Apr 11, 2015
Salary of 10,000 or 15,000 ngn?
Story for another day but please let's not encourage evil by being mean ourselves. It finds a way to bite us back hard. What can 15K possibly do for anyone? You entrust your household into a strangers hands, the least you can do is to treat the person well, starting with FAIR wages and hand the rest over to God, posterity or nature.

@Topic, I earnestly pray the kids are returned home unharmed and the kidnappers nabbed and appropriately punished.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by damiso(f): 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
I sincerely hope this children are returned home hale and hearty without any long lasting psychological trauma embarassed I can't just even begin to imagine the 11 month old without his mum( one of mine was still breast feeding at that age).

I hope the police can crack this ring ASAP because if not sadly these children might not be the last.
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
ifyalways:
Story for another day but please let's not encourage evil by being mean ourselves. It finds a way to bite us back hard. What can 15K possibly do for anyone? You entrust your household into a strangers hands, the least you can do is to treat the person well, starting with FAIR wages and hand the rest over to God, posterity or nature.

@Topic, I earnestly pray the kids are returned home unharmed and the kidnappers nabbed and appropriately punished.
Agreed, that's quite small, but you actually think the salary had anything to with her motive or you just saying?
That's above minimum wage, I believe. Not to add accommodation and feeding probably included.

4 Likes

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by greatgod2012(f): 9:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
Lord, please i beg you to touch the stony hearts of these kidnappers to soft hearts and let them release these kids unharmed and timely. In Jesus name i beg.
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by ibizgirl(f): 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
My dear, N15000 is not too small. They come with 2 sets of clothes, so you cloth them, feed them, buy them toiletries, recharge cards and fix their hair amongst others. They only collect their money when they are leaving. She is just a wicked person who came to that house on a mission.

ifyalways:

2 Likes

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by greatgod2012(f): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
@ifyalways, i agree with you, that amount is small, even ridiculous but i can bet it that even if 50,000 ngn is the bargained salary, and she's assigned to carry out this evil assignment, she will still do it. So, i don't think the action is a direct result of the poor payment but the intent of the maid and her cohorts.

Olorun ngbo, this country needs cleansing and deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by SAMBARRY: 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
13 million naira within 48 hours. Ahannn kilode shocked

Eshanu ikunle na.ejo e dakun. Na beg I dey follow una beg. See my knees for ground. Release the children to their families so they can have their life back. E be lanbe osika please in the name of God. The mother is already traumatized. Where does a 15 k earner wants to get such money in 2days. Even if she sell her jewellery clothes shoes and even car (if she has any) she can't raise it . the kids are too young for what you are putting them through especially the 11 months old child and if the infant dies in your custody I will tell the mother to wake up in the night naked and curse you for one week that you will steal till you die

1 Like

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by SAMBARRY: 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
It is like it's children that is the main target of this evil souls. Even the children in bokoharam custody haven't been released. This ones too kidnapped. Kilode. Are kids no longer safe in this country undecided
greatgod2012:
@ifyalways, i agree with you, that amount is small, even ridiculous but i can bet it that even if 50,000 ngn is the bargained salary, and she's assigned to carry out this evil assignment, she will still do it. So, i don't think the action is a direct result of the poor payment but the intent of the maid and her cohorts.

Olorun ngbo, this country needs cleansing and deliverance.
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 12, 2015
SAMBARRY:
13 million naira within 48 hours. Ahannn kilode shocked

Eshanu ikunle na.ejo e dakun. Na beg I dey follow una beg. See my knees for ground. Release the children to their families so they can have their life back. E be lanbe osika please in the name of God. The mother is already traumatized. Where does a 15 k earner wants to get such money in 2days. Even if she sell her jewellery clothes shoes and even car (if she has any) she can't raise it . the kids are too young for what you are putting them through especially the 11 months old child and if the infant dies in your custody I will tell the mother to wake up in the night naked and curse you for one week that you will steal till you die

grin grin grin
Okay, I had to laugh.

1 Like

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 12, 2015
they should have traced them since the Sim must have been registered. These telecom companies don't even know their jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by cococandy(f): 6:59am On Apr 12, 2015
I learned she kidnapped the kids on her first day at work.
So it can't be anything they did to her to led her into such a wicked act.
That was pre-planned obviously.

So sad. I can't imagine what the parents are going thru' now.
ifyalways:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 12, 2015
ifyalways:

with such pre-planned act,no matter how much she's paid,she would do her evil plan..

My prayer is that the kids should be found.

1 Like

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by ifyalways(f): 11:56am On Apr 12, 2015
I think y'all don't get the point------cheap article especially when it involves our kids,is not worth it in the long run.

I'm sure she got offers that demanded for 25,000 ngn per month or above for salary but nay, she felt " it's too expensive/no be mere house help/wetin she want do/she be graduate?" mentality (that is clearly exhibited on this thread) creeped in and made her settle for less with no reference, due background check etc.

Nigerians ,please we need to stop seeing them as mere house helps! Can you pay your driver 15K? But y'all believe you should pay someone whom you leave your children and entire household(food,drinks,properties) with for almost 10 hours each day less. I don't get it oh. They are not mere house helps, infact, they've got our lives in their palms indirectly, therefore we should start by giving them fair wages, treat them like one of us and stop seeing little things like feeding them,handing them new or our used clothing etc as a big deal cos its NOT.

Expats living in Nigeria all have helps, how many times have we heard their kids are kidnapped? Why ? Cos they do proper checks, go through an employment agency, pay more (which is what it should be) and treat them well. It's not a must to have a help.I mean,if your salary cant comfortably pay your help atleast 25,000 ngn per month then don't get one. Find a creche,improvise or simply stay at home till your children are of school age. Marriage,child rearing comes with compromises and sacrificies. Let's stop cutting corners.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by ifyalways(f): 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
ibizgirl:
My dear, N15000 is not too small. They come with 2 sets of clothes, so you cloth them, feed them, buy them toiletries, recharge cards and fix their hair amongst others. They only collect their money when they are leaving. She is just a wicked person who came to that house on a mission.

In 2015 you think food is anything worth mentioning as a favor or act of kindness for anyone,not to mention your domestic staff

Abeg,I no dey for this kain discourse.

Food, clothes, toiletries shocked like seriosuly? For someone you leave your kids 10 hours a day, food means that much to you ? cry

Soap,cream of maybe 200 naira a month is a problem? Who would she call with the recharge card/phone if not you and for matters relating to your children?

Like i said,If you can't afford it comfortably, just improvise and find a way to take care of your children. The big madam mentality of getting a help for 15,000 ngn and not treating them fairly is what is leading some of us in trouble.
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by ifyalways(f): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
@Topic, Any updates @OP?

My prayers are with this family. I pray God in his infinite mercy bring those kids back home in one piece. sad
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by jmoore(m): 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kidnapping is one crime where the criminals can be easily be apprehended. The ransom is the bait. Just don't get it why our security system is ineffective.
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by ireneidiva(f): 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
ifyalways:

In 2015 you think food is anything worth mentioning as a favor or act of kindness for anyone,not to mention your domestic staff

Abeg,I no dey for this kain discourse.

Food, clothes, toiletries shocked like seriosuly? For someone you leave your kids 10 hours a day, food means that much to you ? cry

Soap,cream of maybe 200 naira a month is a problem? Who would she call with the recharge card/phone if not you and for matters relating to your children?

Like i said,If you can't afford it comfortably, just improvise and find a way to take care of your children. The big madam mentality of getting a help for 15,000 ngn and not treating them fairly is what is leading some of us in trouble.
If she was not ok with the 15k, why did she accept the job? Maybe the lady could not afford to pay more than that.

1 Like

Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Ibiyomee(f): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Just heard that they found the kids along Egbeda road in lagos.
ifyalways:
@Topic, Any updates @OP?

My prayers are with this family. I pray God in his infinite mercy bring those kids back home in one piece. sad
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by ifyalways(f): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2015
Ibiyomee:
Just heard that they found the kids along Egbeda road in lagos.
Thanks and praises be to God.
Re: Orekoyas Update: Pay 13million In 2days Or Lose The Children by Ibiyomee(f): 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yeah, all thanks to God. Parents should be more careful
ifyalways:

Thanks and praises be to God.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging / Dear Cynthia, My Son Was Expelled From School For Homosexuality / Help, How Do I Cut Him Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.