Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? (18570 Views)

Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2015
This is the first time i will be commenting on the speech by the oba of lagos, to the average person or mind, it is a ridiculous statement, but looking at it from a political lense, it has become a case of the more you look, the less you see.

The Pdp
The oba's statements to the best of my understanding was not a public one, it was deliberately leaked by agents who taught it could be used to the advantage of the pdp's candidate in lagos since there is not religious cards to be played, ethnic card shocked they jumped at it. (they never learn)

The Apc
The apc was thrown into disarray, they momentum of winning at the center had suffered a setback, while many rushed to denounce the statement, the strategists saw and opportunity and they helped LOUD to music (forgive my english)

The Igbos
As expected, they were mad at the statement and rightly so, they also didn't fail to overblow it. It is expected that the igbos will give 90% of there votes to the pdp but something amazing happened in the last few days, i have seen more igbos (influential leaders) sit at the same tables with Apc chiefs (this would never have happened without this crisis) i have seen many igbo leaders accept apologies and even endorsed the Apc candidate. I have seen igbos in Apc wears and campaign buses around ladipo and alaba.

The yorubas
We expected the yorubas to give 40- 30% of their votes to jimi agbaje because a lot of them had chosen to vote the Apc at the center and the pdp in lagos, like it or not jimi is also yoruba BUT the tide has turned, the direct attacks on their Oba and the claim that lagos is no man's land coupled with jimi's overly courting the igbos at their detriment has irritated a lot of them. The yorubas won't do a shouting match, they act with a devastating bile (ask gej)

Jimi Agbaje
Agbaje also played to the gallery by making silly statements rather than being gentlemanly since the ball was in his court, he displayed obvious influence from bode George and obanikoro, this is not the jimi we know but the god's father push.

Obiagelli
I am indifferent to both candidates, as my fanatic support for the apc does not go beyond buhari and maybe elrufai and fashola. I can't wait to see the results.

VOTE NOT FIGHT.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Klasique911(m): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by modath(f): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2015
OP,
Wish there is a thumbs up icon on this forum, cos thats what your post deserves . ON POINT.

14 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 11, 2015
modath:
OP,
Wish there is a thumbs up icon on this forum, cos thats what your post deserves . ON POINT.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by juman(m): 8:05am On Apr 11, 2015
Abeg the king should go and sit down jor.

What has he done to uplift the condition of poor yoruba people since he came on the throne more than ten years. Those yoruba leaders fail to improve peoples' lifes.

Nevertheless it make sense for lagos to go along with the center. APC is at the center it make sense to have APC government in lagos. And also the performance of fashola in last eight years is not bad.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2015
ambode for Lagos
the change continues

16 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Descartes: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2015
Mtcheew!!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2015
Continue to fool yourself. JK is as good as the Next Governor of Lagos state. The oba is a stupid and power drunk fool. Many yorubas are not in support of him nor the APC and do not make the mistake of thinking only the igbos would vote for JK.JK is loved by all whether igbo, hausa, Yoruba or minorities

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Continue to fool yourself. JK is as good as the Next Governor of Lagos state. The oba is a stupid and power drunk fool. Many yorubas are not in support of him nor the APC and do not make the mistake of thinking only the igbos would vote for JK.JK is loved by all whether igbo, hausa, Yoruba or minorities
I heard this about gej too just 2 weeks ago, we can only wait and see.

49 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2015
According to you yorubas act with a devastating bile ask GEJ. Can you remind me again what was the margin of APC's Victory in the SW after making the loudest noise. APC won the elections because of the votes from the north and not because of the sw.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Mynd44: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2015
I just did my laundry.
Going to bed soon.

Wake me when the results start coming...

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

I heard this about gej too just 2 weeks ago, we can only wait and see.
Just like you boasted about the ekiti and anambra elections

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
According to you yorubas act with a devastating bile ask GEJ. Can you remind me again what was the margin of APC's Victory in the SW after making the loudest noise. APC won the elections because of the votes from the north and not because of the sw.
Can you remind me by how many millions gej won there in 2011

25 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Can you remind me by how many millions gej won there in 2011
We are talking about 2015 elections not 2011,GEJ beat Buhari by 10m votes He got only 2m of his 22m from the sw so spare me that crap

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by mrmetoo1: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Dude believe it or not, a lot of Yorubas are irritated with Jk, this is not election banter this is the plain truth. Jimi could have risen above this but he decided to use it to his "advantage" or disadvantage as we'll find out soon.

I was talking to my dad's friend yesterday, he's in his sixties, he has a stroke as in his left side is non-functioning but he still tries to stay active. He was telling me that people within his estate have been talking about not voting Jimi because of the stand he took, he said he was going to do a door to door campaign this morning to make sure people are going out there to vote Ambode. Again this is a man that walks with a limp(putting it lightly), this is a man that didn't even care about the presidential elections. He's just so irritated at Agbaje.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by masseratti: 8:26am On Apr 11, 2015
You are very right about the tirade against the Oba,the man came out that he abhor no bad feelings towards the Igbos, yet we won't hear word am an APC supporter but I want change at the state level too,but events in the week has made me to change my mind,i know if Agbaje should win,Igbos will rub it on Yorubas face in lagos,for that,am changing my mind and am voting Ambode.

30 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Dude believe it or not, a lot of Yorubas are irritated with Jk, this is not election banter this is the plain truth. Jimi could have risen above this but he decided to use it to his "advantage" or disadvantage as we'll find out soon.

I was talking to my dad's friend yesterday, he's in his sixties, he has a stroke as in his left side is non-functioning but he still tries to stay active. He was telling me that people within his estate have been talking about not voting Jimi because of the stand he took, he said he was going to do a door to door campaign this morning to make sure people are going out there to vote Ambode. Again this is a man that works with a limp(putting it lightly), this is a man that didn't even care about the presidential elections. He's just so irritated at Agbaje.

Absolute fact.

15 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2015
masseratti:
You are very right about the tirade against the Oba,the man came out that he abhor no bad feelings towards the Igbos, yet we won't hear word am an APC supporter but I want change at the state level too,but events in the week has made me to change my mind,i know if Agbaje should win,Igbos will rub it on Yorubas face in lagos,for that,am changing my mind and am voting Ambode.
I have seen and spoken to many people that share your opinion, jimi blew it.

18 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by modath(f): 8:33am On Apr 11, 2015
Jimi may be OK but why settle for OK when you can have A+ which is synonymous to EXCELLENCE and wjat is the motto of lagos state:

CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE.

18 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by omenalfa: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2015
you lost your analysis as soon as you said it was a leaked private statement

You don't make private statement in front of journalists with camera filming you at a public gathering

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by bbeckky: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2015
U not voting?
Mynd44:
I just did my laundry.
Going to bed soon.

Wake me when the results start coming...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by ozoigbondu: 8:36am On Apr 11, 2015
OP just like i don't really care about lagos state elections.l have never been to lagos expect twice to catch a flight and vist my aunt for medicial reasons.l must say the traffic there is terrible l stayed for five days before i ran back to Onitsha.That is till the Oba threatened to drown us in a lagoon like seriously who does that.Thats why peeps like me has been chanting j.k though we have never seen the guy or reside in lagos

Truth be told this issue has been overflogged whosoever wins there is a yourba with a yourba deputy.How is jimi dividing us along ethinic lines when it was the oba statement that led to this divide

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by ofala(m): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2015
Very good one @ Obiageli . The issue is that a purported private joke between people who are somehow close had been shot beyond the sky.

From what I gathered from the badly edited video, Oba Akiolu was even smiling while saying that and it is amazing that all men suddenly forgot what we call 'men's talk'....viz.

"Jack, if I don't see you in my house this weekend; I will pluck your brokos, yeye boy".....

......and this Jack, who is a friend will laugh it off; knowing fully well that you were joking, knowing that you will never think of "removing " his revered brokos.

This is one joke Oba may not like to repeat but the emptiness of our politicians resurfaced, once again. Lagoon now became the pivotal enclave of the last minute campaigns instead of reassuring Lagosians how the next Government will outperform Gov Fashola

20 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by modath(f): 8:38am On Apr 11, 2015
omenalfa:

You don't make private statement in front of journalists with camera filming you at a public gathering

You are wrong, it was a pre planned covert recording and the perpetrators achieved their aim but unfortunately it will all be for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by modath(f): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

We are talking about 2015 elections not 2011,GEJ beat Buhari by 10m votes He got only 2m of his 22m from the sw so spare me that crap

Both 2011 and 2015 results were rigged in jona's favour, unfortunately the PVCs and SCRs put a limit to what could be churned out in this election.

12 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2015
omenalfa:

In front of journalists? Well i may be wrong but what was the event again?

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 11, 2015
Any Yoruba that vote jimi is a bastard because at the end if jimi wins igbo will boast of how they have started choosing governor for us in our land. Aside that Lagos can not afford to remain in opposition which is depriving her of the much needed Federal presence.

30 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Mynd44: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2015
bbeckky:
U not voting?
I don't really care about the guber polls.

I was for #GEJout and we delivered

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2015
ofala:
Very good one @ Obiageli . The issue is that a purported private joke between people who are somehow close had been shot beyond the sky.

From what I gathered from the badly edited video, Oba Akiolu was even smiling while saying that and it is amazing that all men suddenly forgot what we call 'men's talk'....viz.

"Jack, if I don't see you in my house this weekend; I will pluck your brokos, yeye boy".....

......and this Jack, who is a friend will laugh it off; knowing fully well that you were joking, knowing that you will never think of "removing " his revered brokos.

This is one joke Oba may not like to repeat but the emptiness of our politicians resurfaced, once again. Lagoon now became the pivotal enclave of the last minute campaigns instead of reassuring Lagosians how the next Government will outperform Gov Fashola
Very well written brother, the pdp wanted to use this to divide votes but like the presidential election, i see it working against them again.

12 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Texcoco(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2015
[b] We all saw how close it was during the presidentials,we all also saw how low morale was after collation and announcement...Now throw in the momentum and deep pockets Ambode had by his side,you can observe that Akiolu's outburst was a moment of divine intervention for Agbaje,as it has not only destroyed any semblance of momentum for Ambode,it has also peaked Agbaje's popularity far above any deep pockets,propaganda or buhari's bandwagon effect...For the first time,crucially,Jimi now has the edge. Everyone in Lagos is tired of Thieffnubu's stranglehood on the state,the only folks keen to vote APC are those yoruba supremacists who are very few in between,then you observe how voters especially those who swung it for APC might not be interested as they have met their objectives with Buhari's electoral victory,add that to those in the APC who are strongly convinced-as they have continously down the years- about Jimi Agbaje plus those who voted Goodluck as hopeless as his situation was would be keen to 'change' an outcome for once in the elections with their PVC then there is the small matter of igbo annoyance, those coming back from Easter,a point to prove doubters wrong(without Akiolu's motivation most wouldn't have bothered about Lagos elections especially after Goodluck's defeat) and their block votes. [/b]

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by omenalfa: 8:50am On Apr 11, 2015
modath:

You are wrong, it was a pre planned covert recording and the perpetrators achieved their aim but unfortunately it will all be for nothing.

Obiagelli:

In front of journalists? Well i may be wrong but what was the event again?

See even NTA microphones and cameramen
Watch the beginning and the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLKm8UZCcU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by usbcable(m): 8:52am On Apr 11, 2015
He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.
PDP has also played ethnic politics and they were killed in the presidential elections by it.
Stewpidly JK is doing same crappy stuff and he will be put to the stakes by thesame ethnic block votes.

Hence Yoruba + Other ethnicities will vote Ambode
while our Ibo brothers will vote JK.

AmboDAY will win this saturDAY election by God's grace.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From Northern Governors Forum Held Today In Kaduna / Panama: Documents Counter David Mark’s Denial Of Secret Assets In Tax Havens / Amosun Rewards Paralympian, Coach With N1.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.