Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,827 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda (2503 Views)

Gumsu Abacha Replies Man Who Reminded Her Of Her Late Father / Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era. The Cable. / Even Obama Listons To Radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda by Alisha4U(f): 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
Crocz:
I'd decided not to comment on this overflogged issue until I saw Chimamanda's article, and as usual just like people of her iyke portrays the Igbo as the victims. Yes the Oba erred on threathening the Igbos, and all and sundry condemned it.

What I cannot stand is when people refer to the genocide, point fingers and absorb themselves of blames...if she can't be objective, she'd do well to stick to writing her novels and all.

I'll suggest Igbo's thread carefully, let sleeping dog lie...do not provoke your host with stupid taunts...probably something you don't know, a Yoruba King takes pride in his words...don't push him to deliver on his threats. There are medieval ways of drowning people in the lagoon, certainly a Yoruba King has the power to do so...only Yoruba will understand

I represent peace, always!

And from the Oba's threat what do you suggest the Ibos do? You said if pushed he would deliver his threat, so how do you suggest he be not pushed? By not voting Agbaje as he vehemently asserted?

At times one consider you Yorubas as the most sensible people but thats very far from the truth. You see nothing wrong with what your so called Royal Father said and threatened to do, all you see wrong is the Ibos, who...what did even do again? You Yorubas are bags of senseless sentiments walking the streets on two legs!

A set of people, led by their elders paid a courtesy visit to their Chief host and all he had to tell them is to (in strong words) threaten to throw them and their kind into the Lagoon should they vote for a particular candidate! someone he even referred to as his relative! TO show you that the Ibo elders were not there for that, all they did was clap and even sing the praise of his prefered candidate. But myopic Yorubas who can write beautifully like yourself are here to tell the Ibos to becareful, of what I dont know. I know alot of yorubas in Kaduna, my state capital and they vote for whoever they want, none of them have been threatened with being thrown into River Kaduna if they should not vote the Sarki's candidate. Reading all these comments makes me think so much about the future of my children in this country as a minority.

1 Like

Re: Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda by stanmarshals(m): 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
These argument av been going for sometimes now but to be honest all the people claiming to be peacemakers av not really condenmed wat the oba said, the are just sugar coating it. That the ibos shld move on, some would sayt dnt provoke ur host all thes are rubbish. Nobody is above correction
Re: Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda by lormarx: 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
harbibi:
I do believe the two governorship candidates are yoruba men. Why threaten another tribe to vote in favour of one against the other? Hmm.
Thank GOD some sensible people are getting it right,non of the contestant is Igbo ,so why the silly comment
Re: Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Good job:- what these insolent elements call backstabing is what I don't understand. If it is about the alleged betrayal by Awo during the civil war it means these elements have a misplaced sense of direction. Assuming we both wanted war. then before war broke out i cautioned you to embrace peace but you went to war. you suffered casualties and you now blamed me for backstabbing you. If war is an absolute why did you surrender. why did you come back to peace. why did you not take the biblical advice that should audit your military strength before going to war? why do people believe in attack before crying for peace when faced with brute force? This may sound quite immodest but Yorubas have sufficient land mass, and shoreline with capital to be a self reliant. having no cause to fight with other tribes who leave happily in their own lands

Thanks so much for for this write up! God bless you!

Meanwhile, a prayer meeting plan organised by Oba Akiolu is already in place. Prolly Sunday or Monday. This is to clear him of any blame for planned events to tackle ibos severely in lagos. I just really pity ibos right now o.
Re: Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda by felifeli: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Alisha4U:

And from the Oba's threat what do you suggest the Ibos do? You said if pushed he would deliver his threat, so how do you suggest he be not pushed? By not voting Agbaje as he vehemently asserted?

At times one consider you Yorubas as the most sensible people but thats very far from the truth. You see nothing wrong with what your so called Royal Father said and threatened to do, all you see wrong is the Ibos, who...what did even do again? You Yorubas are bags of senseless sentiments walking the streets on two legs!

A set of people, led by their elders paid a courtesy visit to their Chief host and all he had to tell them is to (in strong words) threaten to throw them and their kind into the Lagoon should they vote for a particular candidate! someone he even referred to as his relative! TO show you that the Ibo elders were not there for that, all they did was clap and even sing the praise of his prefered candidate. But myopic Yorubas who can write beautifully like yourself are here to tell the Ibos to becareful, of what I dont know. I know alot of yorubas in Kaduna, my state capital and they vote for whoever they want, none of them have been threatened with being thrown into River Kaduna if they should not vote the Sarki's candidate. Reading all these comments makes me think so much about the future of my children in this country as a minority.

Anyone without a bit of common sense would take the Oba's speech to be about election. Actually it is not; it is about how much the Yoruba feel so angry about the possibility that they could be wiped out of their own land by the Ibo people. And so where would they and their children go in future to call their own? I for one think that is a lot of sensible sentiments walking the street on two legs I don't know about you. In any case even a fool will understand that what the Oba has said is a "call to arms" to all Yoruba people at home and abroad and we all understand it to be so, that is why we remain silent , other than the fact that in Yourubaland we traditionally never rebuke the king if you want to return home with your head; that is how we roll here grin grin I am afraid , there will eventually come a time when Yoruba people will not mind setting fire to their own cities just to chase Ibo away. Believe me it may soon happen. We are already sufficiently tired of them. angry angry angry
Re: Even Obama Was Reminded - A Response To Chimamanda by Crocz(m): 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
Alisha4U:

I really don't know what to say to you...you make it sound like I'm in support of the King's action...just so you know I was among the first to condemn it. My post is for those making taunts at the Yorubas, some were even planning to go to the King's palace to mock him among other things...my post is to people taking the situation too far and not to those who's voting Agbaje or whothefvcksoever they wish.

And about the King, I've learnt his action were born out of frustration and the political assertion is just a smokescreen...through some Igbo's action by trying to elevate one of them to the equal of the king and also claiming Lagos is a no man's land. This doesn't excuse his action none the less. He's said what he's said, you can't punish a king...except you have ways of punishing your Emirs, I'm all ears.

Now, if you still don't see the point I'm making...I really can't say more. Enjoy!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari’s Embarrassing Grammatical Infelicities At USIP / UK PM, Thersa May 2 Discuss Biafra Agitation Wth Trump During US Visit On Friday / Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.