Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:44 PM

Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos (28977 Views)

Dpo Escapes Death After Big Tree Fell On Top Of His Office (pic) / Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom / Goodluck Jonathan Escapes Death In Bayelsa (suspects Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
Elected Federal House of Representative member in Amuwo Odofin constituency, Prince Oghene Egoh on Thursday escaped being assassinated by some unidentified men in Lagos.

SATURDAY SUN learnt that the alleged assassins trailed him from Lagos Island to Mile 2 , Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos while he was returning from a meeting.

When SATURDAY SUN visited his residence, Oghene who was visibly shaken thanked God for saving his life while narrating his ordeal.

“First of all I must give glory to God. In the history of my life, I have never come this close to death. I thank God for saving my life. I was returning from a meeting from a political meeting at Lagos Island around 9.30pm and I noticed that my driver was driving roughly along the National Theatre Bridge.
“I cautioned him not knowing what was happening and while he was driving, I was receiving calls. When we got to mile-two, there was traffic and all of a sudden I heard loud noise inside my vehicle, only to notice that my car side glasses had been shattered completely. I tried hiding in my vehicle, praying to God.

“Unfortunately, my driver moved close to a trailer and hit a Camry vehicle in our front. The owners of the vehicle came out but those who attacked us ran, thinking that the Camry owners were part of my security details.

“It was a coaster vehicle that saved my situation and carried me to Alakija, where I boarded a commercial bus to Area “L” Police Command and reported the case. This was about 10.30pm,” he said.

When asked if he has been receiving death threats, he said that in as much as he was suspecting some political undertone, he also urged the electorate to vote candidates of their choice without fear or favour.

“I have not received any death threats from anyone and I don’t know who could do such thing. My opponents conceded defeat when we all heard the results. We should not use violence as a means for victory during or after elections. My advice to the masses is to come out en masse and vote whoever they believe would move the state forward.

Also narrating what happened that day, his driver, Sunday Achibong noticed that they were been followed from Ijora Bridge and he drove faster.
“They were following us from Ijora and I drove faster. My boss cautioned me but he did not know what was going on. When we got to mile-two, the attackers drew me out of the vehicle and our vehicle hit a Camry. My boss managed to escape. It was a terrible experience.” He said.

Confirming the incident , the state police spokesman, DSP Kenneth Nwosu said that Prince Egoh on Thursday night reported a case attempted assassination. The command provided enough protection for him and is on the trail of those suspected attackers.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113848

2 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by RoyalBlak007: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
angry
Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by ozoigbondu: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
APC Why do you want to kill him

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by temitemi1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
Apc cheesy grin grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by oneeast: 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
It is too late, by 2019 God Willing more non-indigenes from SE and SS will win more seats and even go ahead to win at least two senatorial seats in Lagos State..

One Nigeria is sweet biko..imagine when JK wins, how I will start doing major Lagos state government contracts and be shipping the money back to Anambra. JK must win..abeg! cheesy

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by sholikay(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nawao.
Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
God is with u. Yoruba people can not kill u

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
This is serious. They better pack their load to Abuja sharp sharp

3 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by abduljabbar4(m): 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Good for them. Why did they even survive?

1 Like

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by menix(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
Egede!!!!!!!!

Oga Egoh u nah confirm egede boii, thou i know say una no go gree talk d story finish...

Thank Jah u survived, thou u encountered Amateurs...

2 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by CR77(f): 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Bad belle APC at work again tongue

32 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Bonapart(m): 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by SleekyP(m): 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
WHY? WHY? WHY?
Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Sweetguy25: 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ethnically motivated

19 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by LewisO: 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
God is with us.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by teemanbastos(m): 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
endTIMES
Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Lifebender(m): 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
[size=18pt]PDP doing their things.All thx to Adolf Jonathan,Obanikoro and Doctore Agbaje of spartacus,when he visits,bad bad thing happen[/size] undecided

11 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by jimi4us: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
[size=15pt]APC are all dirty agberos[/size]

33 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Good for them. Why did they even survive?

Similar fate awaits you.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by adeoladrg(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
The APC camp is confused.

See Desmond Elliott giving money to policemen to rig for APC. We dey watch

Give us Jaykay or nothing!

20 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by seunlayi(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
politicsv is Nigeria is always practiced in the dirty way

2 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
serious gbege

1 Like

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by jimi4us: 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
intergral:
IGBOS as usual...
FAKE DRUGS...
KIDNAP...
ROBBERY...
Counterfeit MONEY...
SMOGGLING...
Causing TROUBLE...
Hired KILLERS...
SELLING BABIES...
BLOOD MONEY...etc
Feel free to add your...

35 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
intergral:
IGBOS as usual...
FAKE DRUGS...
KIDNAP...
ROBBERY...
Counterfeit MONEY...
SMOGGLING...
Causing TROUBLE...
Hired KILLERS...
SELLING BABIES...
BLOOD MONEY...etc
Feel free to add your...
y are u dis senseless?waste of sperm

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by yurme(m): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Eya
Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Riodiao(m): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
tribe of cowards want to kill. they always betray. judas must be their fore father

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Gombs(m): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Funny, aint it?

If they wanted him dead, he'd have been dead already. undecided ... a pistol would not only shatter his glass but skull. Plitics sha

6 Likes

Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by richidinho(m): 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Booked
Re: Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos by Kinkale(m): 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Lagoon things on point.. Em sure dey wantd to trow him into the lagoon

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The Meeting Of Buhari With Kwankwaso & Oshiomhole / EFCC Keeps Mum Over Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Ahead Of 2019 Election / When The Bully Met The Headmaster At The White House, Ffk React To Buhari Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.