Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In (59751 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Outcome Of The National Assembly Election / Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him / South East Results Start To Trickle In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by fitzmayowa: 5:02am On Apr 12, 2015
The relatively low turnout of voters notwithstanding, the conduct of the House of Assembly polls in Ekiti State on Saturday was generally peaceful and by late Saturday evening, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members in the state capital had erupted in jubilation over what they said was a favourable outcome of the polls.

In Oke Ila, Okeyinmi, Irona and Isato areas of the state capital, there were rallies by the party’s supporters, who claim that the results they had from their various wards, showed that their party had won all the 26 seats in the state House of Assembly.

Also, most of the All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmakers in the House of Assembly involved in moves to impeach Governor Ayo Fayose, were not in their constituencies as Sunday Tribune monitored the election around the state.

No fewer than 12 APC legislators, led by the embattled speaker, Dr Adewale Omirin, are seeking re-election for another term in the Assembly.

Omirin, who represents Gbonyin constituency, was not at his Aisegba-Ekiti home to vote, while sources said that he was keeping away “for his safety for obvious reasons.”

It was also gathered that the other APC lawmakers in the state, who hadn’t been in the public, were also not seen at their various polling units.

Governor Fayose, who voted at his Afao-Ekiti polling unit at about 3.02 p.m., blamed the poor turnout on the fact that people did not attach much importance to the election, unlike the presidential poll that held two weeks ago.

He expressed dissatisfaction with the reported cases of ballot box snatching in Ikole, Ilejemeje and Egbe-Ekiti.

“Democracy should be moving forward in Nigeria. We do not need violence and other electoral crimes. It is God who crowns people to be what He wants them to be,” he said.

Commenting on the exercise, immediate past governor of the state, Dr Kayode Fayemi, who voted at his polling unit in Ogilolo Quarter, Isan-Ekiti, said a candidate of the party in Ikere-Ekiti and an agent were attacked.

Fayemi said he reported the matters to the police, but the police said they were yet to get such reports.

Fayose’s deputy, Dr Olusola Kolapo, expressed confidence that the PDP would continue its winning streak in the state.

“We won in all the 16 local governments in the last two elections and we are not expecting anything less this time around,” he opined.

A member of the House of Representatives, Honourable Opeyemi Bamidele, lauded the conduct of the exercise by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as well as the security arrangements put in place.

“Across the state, the exercise is smooth from reports I have been getting. People in every community have made up their minds on who to vote for. I do not envisage any problem. Turnout was poor due to some factors and one of it is due to the fact that we are not holding governorship election here,” he said.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/33790-election-jubilation-in-ado-ekiti-as-assembly-election-results-trickle-in

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Ilekeh(f): 5:06am On Apr 12, 2015
Ekiti state........jubilating in their backwardness and stomach infrastructure.

I guess the bridge Fayemi started constructing in my town to connect us to Ado will remain unfinished.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by ElekeNtioba: 5:08am On Apr 12, 2015
Lol....they were more engrossed with the impeachment and forgot to campaign.

Epic Idiọts

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Jaypea98: 5:11am On Apr 12, 2015
Dont know what to say about Fayose his election bag of tricks.

5 Likes

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by macpetrus(m): 5:14am On Apr 12, 2015
70% of APC law makers are not coming back

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:46am On Apr 12, 2015
i know pdp will win almost all the seat but that of fayose not impeached later i can not guarantee

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by SerialMan: 5:58am On Apr 12, 2015
RIP to impeachment

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by TI1919(m): 6:29am On Apr 12, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Fairgodwin(m): 6:35am On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Epic Idiọts

12 Likes

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by fitzmayowa: 6:44am On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Epic Idiọts

I guess the impeachment was more important, than winning the election...cheesy

From all indication there was no way APC could retain their seat in the house of assembly in ekiti

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by babs01(m): 6:49am On Apr 12, 2015
Baba God I thank u for dis victory, ha! stomach infrastructure continues, we dont care about good governance as long as we ar belleful.

30 Likes

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by uaccurate: 6:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Up pdp

7 Likes

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by ilovecritics(m): 6:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Ilekeh:

I guess the bridge Fayemi started constructing in my town to connect us to Ado will remain unfinished.

Quietly shut up!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by 2sureguy1(m): 6:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Very soon E go clear 4 Apc eyes

Dem reali luv dis man em state

9 Likes

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by otigbagba: 6:51am On Apr 12, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by ilovecritics(m): 6:51am On Apr 12, 2015
If they impeach Fayose; the PDP will impeach the next governor, if he's APC!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 12, 2015
Ilekeh:

Lol, the thing pain am well,well.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by taharqa: 6:52am On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Epic Idiọts

Lol

You mind the idiiots grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by taharqa: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2015
Ilekeh:

Shattap!!
!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Funjosh(m): 6:53am On Apr 12, 2015
Fayose

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by tolustx(m): 6:53am On Apr 12, 2015
People give us n impression dt Ekiti people don't like PDP but d prty keep winning elections in d state even without violence. Nawa 4 pple o

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by kemasdaniel(m): 6:53am On Apr 12, 2015
fidifi ........fawa to d fiful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by bishopjoe02(m): 6:53am On Apr 12, 2015
PDP also won in majority in edo state house of Assembly. . I see oshiomole being impeach. .

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by kristisking(m): 6:54am On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Epic Idiọts
You are a bigger idiot.What is your business with people jubilation?
Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Truckpusher(m): 6:54am On Apr 12, 2015
Ilekeh:

grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 12, 2015
Jaypea98:
Dont know what to say about Fayose his election bag of tricks.

Whenever APC hear the word " OSHOKOMOLE" , there BP soar like fire.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In by princemillla(m): 6:55am On Apr 12, 2015
But impeachement notice has been serve already. So if court can create a panel befor swear in. Then the impeachement still stand new law make cannot turn it down. Its another dispensation

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) / APC Presidential Primary At Teslim Balogun Stadium; Live Update. / Meet Solomon Aranse, Police Inspector General (Acting)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.