Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

How To Start An Investment Club? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start An Investment Club? (5891 Views)

Help On Info About An Investment Club / Pls Is Naira Investment Club Real? / Starting 'Acta Non Verba' an Investment Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start An Investment Club? by Joshua5(m): 12:47am On Sep 07, 2006
Investment Club: How Do I Start?

Does any one know any thing about investments clubs where do get information about investment clubs.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by freelance(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2006
I and a couple of my friends are still working on some modalities on forming one. but would tell you a little about investment clubs.

An investment club is just a group of like-minded individuals who contribute their spare money and then invest this money collectively usually in shares initially and later on in real estate and business depending on the investment preferences of members.

An investment club is a group of people who pool their money to make investments. Usually, investment clubs are organized as partnerships and, after the members study different investments, the group decides to buy or sell based on a majority vote of the members. Club meetings may be educational and each member may actively participate in investment decisions.

You can easily start one if you can pool different people together but you ve to seek finanacial knowledge and also be ready and also ensure you ve professionals in your club . Try and also ve people that are liked minded.

You might be disappinted if you fail but you are doomed if you don't try
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by kg(f): 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2006
freelance has given a good description of what an investment club is all about

beelyjay45 I agree with you 100% that's what I preach, "don't spend your entire life working for money, it's time to make money work for you!"

Joshua5, it's good you want to start an investment club, look for like minds, put your resources(savings)  together and invest it. If you need a highly qualified financial expert for free consultation on what, where and how to invest, [consult me]
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by theforce(m): 3:07am On Sep 08, 2006
Bro Investment Clubs are a very good idea. I think you should pursue it further. I have it in mind as well.

If for any reason you are abit short on members, you can hook me up. If i buy the idea, i would surely join.

theforce_cia@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by faithclem(m): 10:40am On Sep 08, 2006
hi,
it is wonderful this issue is being discussed For some weeks now, I have had a burden to resign from work and start something.My fear basically is that I havent got cash to start up something so it would be stupid to resign.
So I am really interested in the investment club, pls, pls keep me informed
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by faithclem(m): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2006
hi,
my email address is faithessien@yahoo.com
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by faithclem(m): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2006
Hi Kq,
can i have ur email address or details, i would be grateful to have someone educate me on investment.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by kg(f): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2006
Hi faithclem,

this is my email net365net@yahoo.com

don't spend your entire life working for money, it's time to make money work for you!
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by faithclem(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2006
hi Kq,
tried sending you a mail, cudnt get thru
can we chat via yahoo messenger
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by kg(f): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2006
Send it, I'm online
Even if I have to chat I won't want to put my chat ID on the forum, there will be no restictions-------
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by baabolight(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2006
I'll appreciate being posted on the above topic.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by Blue2(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2006
check Thursday Guardian dated September 7th for tips on how to form an investment club. u can also contact tig@intercontinentalbankplc.com for an invitation to attenc a workshop on how to form an investment club
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by deejay1(m): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2006
investment club is as simple as ABC if u r determined 2 let your money work 4 u.I started by readin investment books (lk rich dad poor dad) and attendin seminars that could givin me insight into to investment market. i was really interested in the stock market but i had no capital then so i discuss d idea among my friends and they took it 2 be a grate idea from there we gathered some pences together b4 we no it became a pound and more followed, and here we r 2day so my abvice is just get pple who have the same interest as you do tell them abt ur feelings in the investment market and here u go if they have got the same interest as you gather some money and from there share ideas on how to let ya 1penny become 1 pound for u.and while u r gatherin ya money for the first time ,get ya members together and u set some PLANS and u r on ur where makin money 4rom just startin with a penny BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT IF U DON'T TRY 2 LET MONEY WORK FOR U, U WILL ALWAYS TRY 2 WORK 4 MONEY( in other words GET RICH OR DIE TRYING) will post more ideas lataz
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by faithclem(m): 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2006
thanks everyone for your input into this all important issue, please keep posting, a life and more perhaps is about to move from managing (according to the Nigerian dictionary) to surplus
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by kg(f): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2006
Times have changed, enough of working for money, it's time to make money work real HARD for you!

Forming an investment club is a nice idea but after you've raised the money, be sure to have a winning investment strategy that brings the profits in faster!

Like I love to say " There's more to shares than just a piece of well designed certificate"

You can refer to my previous post above for details on how to get a sincere finance expert to give free advice
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by freelance(m): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2006
Let me analysis the concept of investment clubs
An investment club is an association of like minded investors and business owners who share similar investment objectives. What usually brings members together is the consumer desire to achieve some level of independence in financial matters. Their monetary contributions every month form a common pool that is invested and managed on their behalf by a professional investment manager or by one of the members.
Some clubs are trained on how to select stocks on their own without relying on stockbrokers or any investment analyst.So sometimes members of the clubs decide collectively on the stocks 2buy or atimes it is left in the hands of the professional investment manager or the approved member manager Members expect good returns on their joint investments.Usually, at least two-thirds of a club’s members need to be present to vote on an investment, and a vote of 50 percent or more results in a “yes” for the investment.

Investment clubs serve as a terrific way for those new to investing to learn more about it in a friendly group setting. Many people are terrified of taking their first investment steps and clubs make this relatively easy, as members contribute modest sums and invest carefully together after deliberating over the pros and cons of any action.

The structure of a club makes it suitable for long term investments because most clubs holds equity. Research shows that equity investments may fluctuate over a short period but on the long-term they appreciate. Investment clubs enable investors to meet their medium and long-term goals, therefore if you invest in a club for the short term you may not realize the full benefit of having invested.

Benefits of joining an investment club
Investment clubbing is one of the most practical ways to build wealth with careful planning.  The beauty of it is that joining an investment club does not require any knowledge of investment. Investment clubs consist of members from diverse backgrounds: housewives, students, medical doctors, traders, journalists, bankers, pastors, footballers, musicians,nairaland users etc.  Most of them had little or no experience before joining the club but in no time they are in a position to analyze stocks on their own and are able to take sound investment decisions. All you need is an interest and willingness to learn.  

Investment clubs invest in shares as a matter of initial strategy. With time and more financial muscle at their disposal, investment clubs can veer into a variety of investment vehicles. Some clubs after two years diversify their investment into real estate and sometimes into business. Really, a club is like a company, which can have its own investment policy.

A club can grow as fast as the members want it to grow

Some of these are the advantages that an investment club has over other investment schemes like a mutual fund or a cooperative society otherwise known as esusu in Nigeria.

The way the club works is that members of an investment club are assigned to research particular companies for few hours within a month and come together to vote on the companies they want to invest their money in. The selection process is democratic as members are expected to justify their selections.

Successful clubs also have members who are committed to researching and studying the stocks they want to invest in. They understand that they cannot purchase a stock without a complete study. Successful clubs also consist of members who have access to computer and/or online resources. Usually successful clubs are made of either friends or individuals who enjoy one another’s company and enjoy communicating in meetings.

Starting an investment club very soon. So what out! Interested or have anyother questions about investment clubs then holla me @ ideas4u@fastermail.com
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by frankiriri(m): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2006
@ freelance
Im also starting one and I need to brainstorm on the modalities. Can we hookup. My email address is frankiriri@yahoo.com. My nos 08023193640, 8983359.

@ all nairalanders
Interested people, living in Festac or the environs, can holla me.
Will be having the inaugural meeting soon
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by frankiriri(m): 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2006
@ freelance

I am in the process of forming an investment club and would like you to help me out with some nutty issues.
For one I want to know the legal form that you are using.
Are you incorporating or just using a business name. As each has its own benefits and disadvantange.
I wanted to incorporate but after taking into consideration the cost of incorporationg and post incorporation filing costs, I decided that it would be best to just do a business name registration first.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by SeyiJay(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2006
Freelance,very nice and insightful post. frankiriri, nice vision. I got to you guys, so Fill me in,
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by anton(m): 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2006
Nkonim.

A lot of good info!

One thing I did notice however, was that no one really said anything strategic goals that you will actually be using the capital that you create to move toward and accomplish.

With all the problems we have perhaps we should create investment clubs that revolve around a specific problem and issue that you feel are important. Maybe a real estate venture that will provide housing in your community, or a fund to address local A.I.D.S. issues or creating jobs.

Having money and access to capital is nice, but you gotta ask sooner or later: "What am I going to do with it?" and: "How will I serve?".

The knowledge is definately available and if the sista kg is willing to provide guidence from a professional position, then it must be understood that what we set our mind to is already manifest; it is merely waiting for us.

Nkonim!
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by denobleman(m): 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2006
Hi,
It's really nice to hear naija quys talking of how to help themselves and not how the government is to help with their certificates in one jaw breakin course.
Ok lots of useful have been to you like that of making sure that only like minds belong to the club.Another information that all seems to miss is that investment market is highlt 'technical' market which needs much training and education b/4 enters into.
It's good to hire the services of an investment expert/consultant but you must have knowledge that is beyong average in the field of investment or risk being duped by the consultant you hired.Take a trip to many stock brokers office and you will hear the lamentations of the customers.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by harbbey(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2007
hello everyone just came across this topic
About investment clubs i can tell u authoritatively that its a very good idea, my friends and i are currently running one, we called it "club 18 06" its going on well but some few setbacks like some people thinking of backing out.
If you are going to start one, i will implore you to start from the scratch, like registering your coy, outlining your conditions of agreements, a legal contracts e.t.c so no one would be a fun spolier.
My investment club is run like a friendship thing but we have the agreement in place for people who wants to spoil things.
I cud recommend some site for you to get infos from, but i dont know the web addy by hart, so anyone interested can mail me on harbbey028@yahoo.co.uk, will be willing to share my experience with any one.
Bye and good luck
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by afeez123: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2007
I have always been interested in investment clubs for a long time now but dont know which one to join or how.I also dont know the requirements and other neccessary details.Pls contact me on afeez306@yahoo.co.uk my no is 08029892965.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by anizzle(m): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2007
this one is the works
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-24.256.html
careful seun doesnt call u a scam artist
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by frankiriri(m): 4:27am On Feb 07, 2007
I have opened a yahoo groups page to facilitate the operation of the club.
If you are interested you can visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bettainvestmentclub

Thanks
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by AmeLonRo(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
B
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by afrokid(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2010
If there is anyone that is interested in making multiple steams of income, then u just hit the right brick. do you have what it takes to invest N3200 and reap N20000 b4 the month end. okay, u don't believe, what about N15000 investment and reap N30000 after 30 days. What of N10000 investment and reaping N400000 after 4 months. these afe just a few of many. It is not a scam because these are manufacturing companies located in lagos where you can walk into their offices or call them to inquire. remember, the earlier the better. do not eat your investment seed, plan for tomorrow against poverty, because it might be too late.

to order for full package or make inquiries, contact Tunde on 08066098066 or tundedmillionaire@gmail.com.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 09, 2010
Try this Investment where you earn N10, 000 every Wednesday and Paid to your Bank Account every Week Guaranteed.
Visit http://lotsizekoncept.com/naira.html to begin,
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by nairaxchan: 12:38am On Nov 24, 2010
investment club is something of great interest in my heart.but i advice you have dedicated members and you should employ a lawyer to draft the membership agreement, which should look at the very scenarios that could occur because people can be very funny.
I have the intention of setting one up soonest or be a member of one soonest, but am thinking of high end investment clubs, and big thinkers.
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by chizillar(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2010
[size=16pt]I have a detailed Information on starting an Investment club in PDF format. Reach me @ ibcs2009@yahoo.com or visit my site @ www.easymanual.biz. Goodbye.[/size]
Re: How To Start An Investment Club? by Nationalman: 6:15am On Oct 26, 2017
kg:
freelance has given a good description of what an investment club is all about

beelyjay45 I agree with you 100% that's what I preach, "don't spend your entire life working for money, it's time to make money work for you!"

Joshua5, it's good you want to start an investment club, look for like minds, put your resources(savings)  together and invest it. If you need a highly qualified financial expert for free consultation on what, where and how to invest, [consult me]
hi are you still available for free consultation on investment and mutal club

(1) (Reply)

Shoprite Nigeria Pricelist And List Of Shop Locations Near You / Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. / Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Dropped By 543 Million Barrels - OPEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.