Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna (25874 Views)

Atiku Already Running For 2019 — El-rufa’i / El-rufa’i Sacks ADC For Insurbordination / Buhari Wins Kano With Landslide Victory-daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by simongonner: 8:03am On Apr 12, 2015
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Malam Nasir El-Rufa’i, appeared to be leading in a landslide at the close of polls in a number of polling stations in some local government areas.

Results received last night from the polling units showed that El-Rufa’i had beaten his opponent, Governor Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, by a wide margin. The margin further widened as results were received in the local government areas including Kaduna North, Kaduna South, Igabi, Chikun, Birnin Gwari, Sabon Gari, Giwa, Makarfi, Ikara, Kagarko, Kachia, Kauru, Jaba, Kaura and Lere.

Results emerging from various poling units across the local government areas in Northern Senatorial District of Kaduna state indicated that the All Progressive Congress (APC) took an early lead in the gubernatorial and state assembly elections that took place yesterday.

In the Kwankira polling unit 013, where Governor Mukhtar Ramalan Yero voted, the results show that the governor has won his polling unit with wide margin. His party PDP scored 316 against APC’s 61, while in the state assembly, PDP scored 278 against APC’s 178.

In the neighbouring polling unit, PDP scored 273 against APC’s 109 in the governor’s race, while the state assembly election showed that PDP had secured 288 votes against APC’s 170.

However, result obtained from Gidan Bayye 008 polling unit of Tudun Jukun area of Zaria shows that APC scored 225 in the gubernatorial race against PDP’s 9 while APC scored 229 against PDP’s 8 in the state assembly.

In the same Tudun Jukun area at Unguwan Mahauta polling unit APC scored 742 against PDP’s 15 in the gubernatorial race, while APC scored 732 against PDP’s 15 in the State assembly’s election.

In booth 005 of the same area, APC scored 601 against PDP’s 26 in governor’s race, while APC scored 603 against PDP’s 22 in assembly’s election.

In Sabon Gari local government area at the two polling units that made up Anguwan Nomi APC scored 243 and 259 against PDP’s 12 and 14, respectively, in the gubernatorial race, while APC scored 243 and 249 against PDP’s 16 and 13 respectively.

In Chikaji polling unit 005 of the same local government, APC scored 444 against PDP’s 27 in the governorship election, while the state assembly result showed that APC scored 453 against PDP’s 10.

In Ikara local government area, result from Unguwan Makama polling units showed that at booth 005 APC scored 274 against PDP’s 102 in gubernatorial race, while in assembly’s election APC scored 191 against PDM’s 139 and PDP’s 41 respectively. In booth 006, APC scored 274 against PDP’s 110 in gubernatorial race, while in the assembly’s election APC scored 195 against PDM’s 138 and PDP’s 41 respectively.

Our correspondent reports that the election was generally peaceful in the northern senatorial district of Kaduna state except reports of where some politicians and even traditional rulers were alleged to have used money in inducing voters.

INEC is yet to announce the results officially but it is unlikely for Yero to close the gap at the polls.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/20313-el-rufa-i-leading-with-landslide-in-kaduna

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by ozo13(m): 8:28am On Apr 12, 2015
Yeah we need competent hands to move d country forward.no be chop I chop people

22 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2015
[size=14pt] undecided

Everyone that associates with Bola Tinubu's APC seems to be winning. God bless tinubu the Awolowo of our time and the greatest political strategist in Nigeria. I hope the Igbos learn from this and stop hating. Yorubas lead in every aspect in Nigeria
[/size]

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Raiders: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2015
El Rufia will make a great governor. I am happy for the people of Kaduna for voting for change and progress.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by shinest(m): 8:28am On Apr 12, 2015

2 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by AsherStorm(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2015
?ope o

pls guys help me with a cheap but lovely roofing I can
use for this lil project
www.nairaland.com/2244788/pictorial-step-by-step-
process-construct-music
Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2015
Hmmmmmm APC I say APC change

7 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Saeed348(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2015
How on earth could PDP win APC strong holds,,states like Kaduna Lagos ,Kano, Sokoto,Katsina Jigawa,,etc,,…
Jokers Kawai,, angry cool
Sai APC..,!!!

APC candidates progressively leading ,....

12 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Misogynist2014(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2015
Congrats to the people of Kaduna for coming out en masse to vote in a charismatic leader.

10 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by hallysonia(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2015
I lyk North side wit peaceful election unlike SS n SE wia dis violence cos of power dat wnt last. Dey ve forgot dat na Only Almighty has Supreme power.
change evrywhere.

Thank God i cnt be used by heartless politician who only cares abt demselfs and dia children.

And i know as well dat Nairalanders cnt be used.

#God bless my counrty
#God bless Nairalanders.
#God bless me
#God bless u

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Sodiq3(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2015
k.
Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by ChrisChino(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
el baba beteer pass uncle yalo...[b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by ALIEN2000(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
# Tapping El-Rufai in d back........

Rufai, Rufai...I Know say one day you go make us PROUD.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
*In GMB's voice*
People of Kaduna, wipe your tears. Change has come.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by nigerianchoice: 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
where ar the prophets pls?

4 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by ChrisChino(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
hallysonia:
Wow, cnt blive dis
d first to commet
sai Apc
wake up pls!

2 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Sodiq3(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
hallysonia:
Wow, cnt blive dis
d first to commet
sai Apc
Guy, wake up. We have more sharper hands on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by blacktoy(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2015
I love ramalan yero but kaduna people hate him more than me, el rufai all d way

5 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Abayhormy(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2015
Nice. Now, we would be hoping to see the unveiling of the murderers of Yakowa and Azazi. PDP- Power Desperate Politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by ayusco85(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2015
That's what we want

1 Like

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by FEARLESSDUDE: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2015
Change

2 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Babaneh(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2015
we still expect an unimaginable land slide...
APC all the way

4 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by ionsman: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2015
Good news this.And one pastor said he would lose . Because he don turn to God.

1 Like

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:33am On Apr 12, 2015
What is d name of the prophet that said El Rufai wont win for abusing Jesus.?

Too much fake prophecies for this year...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by tigonana: 8:34am On Apr 12, 2015
Nd one pastor say make him go sit down for insulting jesus dat d guy no fit win.hmmm pastor sulieman.

1 Like

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by dayo23(f): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2015
I wonder why people even compare them, Yero is a kid to El rufai both in politics and Qualifications, they are not on the same level.
PDP loose all their intelligent men, technocrat, professionals, they are left with ex-convict, rogues, touts, yeeboes, very shameful!
The people of Kaduna should brace up for massive change and massive development, the El rufai I know is a big time performer and very dependable, his other colleague I know Nuhu ribadu choose the wrong ship to sail in.

Meanwhile somewhere in lagos southwest Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Burger01(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2015
Patience is a virtue..smiley

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by NaLaugh: 8:35am On Apr 12, 2015
He did a good job in Abuja back in the day.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by laurel03(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2015
#teamelrufai.... Kd go taste new ideas now.. Yero is a failure

1 Like

Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 12, 2015
Hw e take concern me after all we hv sent rochas packng from biafran land. Am a biafran
Re: El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna by Abusawfi(m): 8:36am On Apr 12, 2015
pls can somebody on help me with hw to post on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bolanle Akinwunmi Is In Regal New Portrait / Former DSP, Lasun Yusuf, Formally Decamps To PDP (Photos) / Chukwuka Okonjo Is Dead! Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Father Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.