Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (56385 Views)

Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by LAGrejectIBO: 1:11am On Apr 13, 2015
Amazo:

@Seun Osewa I created a thread with this piece on the politics section and it was quickly removed/hidden. I would like to know who the moderator is and why this post should be hidden. This is clearly a misdeed by your appointed moderator, who needs to be called to order. I want that post restored because it is well in order with the rules of posting.

Lol. Amazo, I love the great job you did in that post. I would love that we start raising our voices and opening posts like this that talk to truth and prick the conscience of our leaders to act. In all likelihood Seun will not act to reinstate the post. We must not be discouraged.
I have good first hand information, as you correctly pointed out, that our leaders have initiated action to clean house, starting with Yoruba sellouts. They have nothing to fear, we have a new momentum nationally for four years and we will plug all the holes from lessons learnt in the Jonathan administration.

I would like to discourage Yorubas from adopting a reconciliatory attitude in matters concerning Ibo.

Remarks such as the following are irrelevant in their contempt for us...." I have many ibo friends....there are some good Ibos...... some Ibos not all......I grew up with Ibos.....I went to school with Ibos.....some of their leaders are sensible...."

People that insult our institutions and legendary leaders do not deserve our empathy or conciliatory tone. In response to their hatred we must display hostility and enmity. The land owner does not yield to pressure fromthe invader....rather the invader must be squeezed and made to feel the oppresive power of the indigene and then learn his limits and the consequences of stepping out of line.

This is the Hausa solution and it works effectively. Hausas are not animals as we wont to think, they are more humane than Ibos. Hausas never killed Yorubas until Ibos who left Yorubaland and speak Yoruba language to go do business in North began claiming they are Yorubas when caught in acts that violate the Hausa ethos. In the confusion and dilution Hausas stopped caring to separate and started killing all Southerners.

So not only has Ibo done deep damage in our land, they have also done severe damage in others land in the name of Yoruba.

Our leaders must change this mess. I know theycare waiting on regionalism to put total controls in....but in the meantime some immediate action in the current structure need to be implemented.

Good job on that hidden post my brother.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by anytaij: 6:58am On Apr 13, 2015
Even in Delta,Edo state Yorubas are. There why are u sounding as if its only Yourbas that accommodates . In Ogwashi-Ukwu,Ubulu just to name some few they are there too ok theres nothing like sentiment Yorubas are the ones been Sentimental they hate Igbos they are just. Been Jealous for nothing .
aleem50:

sentiment apart, we yorubas are too accommodating and it's affecting us like seriously, how can another tribe will always have a say in who govern us. The way yorubas has accommodated Igbo's in lagos, no other tribe in Nigeria can do half of that.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by omonnakoda: 7:27am On Apr 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZNZ-QwOHA
Everyone is jealous of Eboes even in Thailand they are jealous
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by mustymatic(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2015
akinszz:
Only fool will by this. Everyone knows where his father's compound is. One nigeria my foot...
Not all fathers have compounds na
Let's b mad together : )
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by chisom18: 9:04am On Apr 13, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

Lol. Amazo, I love the great job you did in that post. I would love that we start raising our voices and opening posts like this that talk to truth and prick the conscience of our leaders to act. In all likelihood Seun will not act to reinstate the post. We must not be discouraged.
I have good first hand information, as you correctly pointed out, that our leaders have initiated action to clean house, starting with Yoruba sellouts. They have nothing to fear, we have a new momentum nationally for four years and we will plug all the holes from lessons learnt in the Jonathan administration.

I would like to discourage Yorubas from adopting a reconciliatory attitude in matters concerning Ibo.

Remarks such as the following are irrelevant in their contempt for us...." I have many ibo friends....there are some good Ibos...... some Ibos not all......I grew up with Ibos.....I went to school with Ibos.....some of their leaders are sensible...."

People that insult our institutions and legendary leaders do not deserve our empathy or conciliatory tone. In response to their hatred we must display hostility and enmity. The land owner does not yield to pressure fromthe invader....rather the invader must be squeezed and made to feel the oppresive power of the indigene and then learn his limits and the consequences of stepping out of line.

This is the Hausa solution and it works effectively. Hausas are not animals as we wont to think, they are more humane than Ibos. Hausas never killed Yorubas until Ibos who left Yorubaland and speak Yoruba language to go do business in North began claiming they are Yorubas when caught in acts that violate the Hausa ethos. In the confusion and dilution Hausas stopped caring to separate and started killing all Southerners.

So not only has Ibo done deep damage in our land, they have also done severe damage in others land in the name of Yoruba.

Our leaders must change this mess. I know theycare waiting on regionalism to put total controls in....but in the meantime some immediate action in the current structure need to be implemented.

even this pesant is trying to be funny. lmao
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Tval(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2015
nduchucks:

^^^ 100%

Additionally, tribal discrimination which is hitherto accepted across Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past.

Most of the people who participate in these practices did not participate in the recently concluded constitution review process. I was personally involved and provided support for a groupp which presented submissions to the Review Committee. Thankfully the provision we are most passionate about was adopted.

i.e. a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

Once the new constitution is adopted, and it will most definitely be adopted., their will be no room for the shenanigans going on in Lagos right now.
It will be a first step towards eradicating unnecessary discrimination, archaic customs and tradition which has kept us in the stone ages.

The time will come very soon when Chukwuma will become the Governor of Lagos and a Shekaru can become the Governor of Abia.

Long Live this great country!!
This can only happen if Nigerians take favouritism out of everything they do.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Geesanni: 10:07am On Apr 13, 2015
SE U DON DEY START ABI?U GO SOON CRY ND NO BODY WILL SHOW U D WAY TO UR VILLA
omonnakoda:
E no go better for the sword and the owner of the sword
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Amazo: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

With all the misinformation the ibos have been spreading about Lagos State, someone really needed to slap them with a dose of truth. Seun is not a tribalist, he is quite neutral. It was some moderator that hid it, but it has since been restored. But moved to the ethnicity section.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by fr3do(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
ollah1:

Fill in Lagos as ur state of origin when next you are filling a form. Okay

You have resorted to stupidity since you have run out of arguments.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Helkayklassic(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
naijamerican:

Thus proving that most of this "anti-igbo" hatred comes from jealousy.

May god punish you jealous, tribalistic, mumus.

Why wasting a comment on an ediot like u *Lip sealed*
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 14, 2015
Menace2Society:
LMAO grin kai!u get brain no be small!Insha Allah TA Orji will be the FIRST PRESIDENT of our BIAFRA!
abokii grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Buba Marwa Buries His Wife, Zainab In Imo (Photos) / Buhari: My Cows Easier To Control Than Nigerians / How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.