Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (56380 Views)

Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by masseratti: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2015
CHM11:
Its just unfortunate that most yorubas don't know the difference between a Niger Deltan and a typical igbo man.
that is a big lie,the difference is as clear as 7up vs coca cola,

A Niger deltan will always do everything necessary to make sure u are aware that he is not Igbo,they are mostly humble and easy going,an Igbo man is much more noticed and business minded.

But this man calling himself the head of Ohaneze in Amino odofin,this are the people fueling this issue,the palace of the Oba has spoken that the statement was misconstrued and you are still demanding for a documentary, we didn't destroy your property during the war,is it because of Elections we would now destroy it?never has Igbos being attacked in lagos so why now?

Asking or demanding for apologies from the Oba which is a taboo in yoruba land,will never work because rather for the Oba to apologise they will rather commit suicide.

28 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by deehusby60: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2015
What nonsense is this man talking about. look, as far as am concern any tribe has all rights to vote for any candidate, the worst na blood for blood. Have u seen what fulanis doing in mile12? abeg make sufayos come fight, dem go fear.
CHM11:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/igbo-appeal-to-lagos-govt-police-to-protect-them-after-elections/#sthash.C51WB0Ek.dpuf
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by mymissingrib(m): 10:20am On Apr 12, 2015
grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by kaykay222(m): 10:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Chai....chai....dia is God ooooo......when yu kno dat yu can fight...den why are yu call 4 if

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Massai77(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2015
;DThe fear of Lagoon is the begining of wisdom grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by ellaV(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2015
superstar1:

who is holding them from having Biafra? they must go through the proper channel of UN? What is the difference between the declaration of caliphate by Boko Haram through guns and that of Biafra?
if u don't like some1 is it not to avoid d person or let them be... with all d hatred from the Yoruba's n d north,they r still progressing...just like Joseph n his brother's am not surprised...no amount of hate will pinish them...if u don't like them,its easy let them go n build their own state...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by eaglechild: 10:24am On Apr 12, 2015
masseratti:
that is a big lie,the difference is as clear as 7up vs coca cola,

A Niger deltan will always do everything necessary to make sure u are aware that he is not Igbo,they are mostly humble and easy going,an Igbo man is much more noticed and business minded.

But this man calling himself the head of Ohaneze in Amino odofin,this are the people fueling this issue,the palace of the Oba has spoken that the statement was misconstrued and you are still demanding for a documentary, we didn't destroy your property during the war,is it because of Elections we would now destroy it?never has Igbos being attacked in lagos so why now?

Asking or demanding for apologies from the Oba which is a taboo in yoruba land,will never work because rather for the Oba to apologise they will rather commit suicide.
I thought you were from Niger delta then all of a sudden you start talking "we not destroying property".

You need not hide behind Niger delta when it is very obvious where you are from.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Setaje(f): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2015
proxillin:
No wonder northerners hate them and kill them at any opportunity. Yorubas now know only Hausas are our friends. Long live Hausa-Yoruba alliance...Long live Nigeria.

I am comfortable with hausas more than these so called fellow Christians. Even in the church they are tribal. They won't associate with you as brethren in the church. Poisonous hate filled scorpions.

U made sense till u broght christianity into it. I'd rather stay wiv a tribalist than a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by siegfried99(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2015
searider:
Why are the igbos interferring in Lagos politics in the first place? Does Lagos look like any of the SE?

Since they so much cherish the PDP, they can as well go to their states to make political decisions.

If your refuse to do businessin Lagos, other regions will. After all, almost all the tankers in Lagos are own by the Hausas and they no dey mek noise.

I detest tribalism sha.

Tell'em

I believe it's an issue of not knowing ur boundaries.

I'm not in support of what the Oba said but u cannot expect an apology from a king, other ppl have done that for him.

So let's live in peace, I cannot count the number of friends I have from other. Tribes.. I see all as Nigerians

#SayNoToTribalism

Our igbo brothers be not afraid our kings threat shall not come to manifestation.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by OrigamiIII: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2015
Obanaijacom:

My brother its so sad that we are not united, who is igbo who is Yoruba are we not all the same one Nigerian?

If you all think you don't need the igbos then you have lied, we need each other to succeed. Lets love ❤ one another no matter the tribe, I am igbo but I grew up here in Lagos and speak Yoruba even more than some Yoruba people, thanks for having us in your Space, likewise we have Yoruba in onitsha and in all igbo states, that's the essence of freedom.

Very wise and simple talk. Bros, if this has been the approach from the onset the situation wouldn't have degenerated to this level. Before now, I have been dissipating my time and energy in promoting improvement in yoruba/igbos relations untill GEJ came and started this painful divisive tactics which has created very deep faults nationally along ethnic lines. I just hope the situation can be remedied.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by paycash: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:
Lagos will continue to accommodate all ethnic groups BUT there must be sanity. All shops in Ladipo, Alaba, Idumota need to be rebuilt and re-allocated - those places are just too filthy. If you dont like it, Ekene Dili Chukwu to the rescue- onward to your village

Correct.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Rekeb: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2015
I am Yoruba, some of my very good friends are Ibo. Though we sometime have differences in the way we see national issues, but we still remain friends. We all know our boundaries in our relationship with each others. As the saying goes, "good fence makes good neighbours". I strongly believe we can coexist peacefully together.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 10:28am On Apr 12, 2015
I am yourba and I can assure the igbos no one can do them any harm. Lagos would always be a land up for contesting. Until we yourbas learn how to start using the position of lagos to develop oda parts of the SW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by oladimeji09(m): 10:28am On Apr 12, 2015
you people don't have problem at all cos A+ is a winner
after all

feel free

but respect Yoruba

we are not play with our Obas

and Tinubu is our man

one love Nigeria
peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Dexema(m): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
I just hope the incoming govt is mature enough to quell this issue and move on,If not LGs like Amuwo Odofin go suffer ehn.
#Vivalasgidi
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by paycash: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
Obanaijacom:

My brother its so sad that we are not united, who is igbo who is Yoruba are we not all the same one Nigerian?

If you all think you don't need the igbos then you have lied, we need each other to succeed. Lets love ❤ one another no matter the tribe, I am igbo but I grew up here in Lagos and speak Yoruba even more than some Yoruba people, thanks for having us in your Space, likewise we have Yoruba in onitsha and in all igbo
states, that's the essence of freedom.

Thanks
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by yibobasher: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
If they are expecting apology from the Oba, they will wait till thy kingdom come.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Wislet(f): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
GOD PLEASE FORGIVE US NIGERIANS FOR HATING ONE ANOTHER.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by yibobasher: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Obanaijacom:

If you all think you don't need the igbos then you have lied, we need each other to succeed. Lets love ❤ one another no matter the tribe, I am igbo but I grew up here in Lagos and speak Yoruba even more than some Yoruba people, thanks for having us in your Space, likewise we have Yoruba in onitsha and in all igbo states, that's the essence of freedom.

Appreciate your comment. you are one of a kind.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by illiad: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2015
jmoore:
The appeal was unneccessary.

If any foolish person attacks you, you defend yourselves.

Let the E-touts keep barking like toothless bulldogs.

People decided to perform their democratic rights as citizens of Nigeria. And they are being insuted because of it.

Stone age mentality still resides in the brains of some folks.

The stupidity and senselessness of some miserable Yorubas kept amazing me.
Why are we conducting elections at all. What's the essence of the exercise. We should have asked tinubu who he wants and just ask the man to resume in the government house on may 29.
Men you people are so illiterate. Going to school doesn't seem to in anyway relieve you fools from clutches of illiteracy.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2015
Funny enough, some of these yoruba making tribal statements on this thread own nothing in Lagos.

They are just a tenant in "face me I slap you".

SMH! For tribalists.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Kenswitch(m): 10:32am On Apr 12, 2015
To all my fellow Igbo's is not high time we seat back and advise ourselves on how to develop our own environ without been threatening by those

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by QuotaSystem: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2015
ChristineC:

When you live and survive in Maiduguri for a year, then come back and preach some more false tales tongue

Maiduguri/BH are not Hausa, they're Kanuri.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ojukwu Lighted Up Cigarette, Smoked At Aburi, Ghana Meeting (Video) / How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. / Atiku Abubakar Drinking Satchet Water. Photo Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.