Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? (903 Views)

Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Jesus, Our Great High Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by osile2012: 11:12am On Apr 12, 2015
[size=15pt]I know this questions might be funny to Christians. But in the Bible, Jesus is referred to as the son of GOD. Who was sacrificed that GOD will have many more sons and daughters.

Jesus at some point told the disciples that he no longer talks to them as servants but as friends. Jesus also said he and the father are one. He told the disciples to ask for anything from the father in his name.

I understand he came to reconcile us with the father, like hold holding our hands and that of the father at the same time. Hence the question.
[/size]
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by kliq(m): 11:26am On Apr 12, 2015
Our Uncle
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by osile2012: 11:36am On Apr 12, 2015
kliq:
Our Uncle

[size=15pt]This is no Joke Bro.[/size]
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by paul288yahoo(m): 11:50am On Apr 12, 2015
both
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by Bamoha(m): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2015
hmmmm... answers needed
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by kliq(m): 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]This is no Joke Bro.[/size]

Oh yeah,now you tell me....who is Jesus to you?
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by ShayGirl(f): 2:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
We all happen to b brothers and sisters in Christ cos we believe he came for our salvation. He is more than a brother to us and more or less a God cos he is like our passage to eternal life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by Weah96: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Jesus should have told you. Maybe you haven't been listening well. You will need to open your heart and mind. And then pray. The Lord will deliver you the answer.

1 Like

Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by Lex11(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Our everything good,...our Lord, especially our Saviour!

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." - Luke 2:11

"And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it." - Luke 8:21

"Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." -John 20:27-28

2 Likes

Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by bingbagbo(m): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Lex11:

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." - Luke 2:11

"And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it." - Luke 8:21

"Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." -John 20:27-28

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by Maamin(m): 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Lex11:

Well done bro! Couldnt have done it better than this.

Shalom aleikhem!

1 Like

Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by MikeJos: 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
Is Jesus God? Here's what the Bible teaches:

Jesus called himself, not God, but God's Son. (John 10:36) Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus ever claim to be God. In fact, Jesus showed that he has a God, one whom he worships. Following his resurrection, Jesus told Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." (John 20:17; italics mine) Do you know who the God and Father of Jesus Christ is?

His name is Jehovah. The Bible states: "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalm 83:18) Yes, Jehovah is God Almighty. (Genesis 17:1) Is Jesus equal to God, as some teach? No, as Jesus himself taught this: "The Father is greater than I am."—John 14:28.

That being said, if anyone reading this would like to learn more about Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ, I'm going to link a brochure just below that can help:

- Good News From God! (Answers to common Bible questions).
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by bingbagbo(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
MikeJos:
Is Jesus God? Here's what the Bible teaches:

Jesus called himself, not God, but God's Son. (John 10:36) Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus ever claim to be God. In fact, Jesus showed that he has a God, one whom he worships. Following his resurrection, Jesus told Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." (John 20:17; italics mine) Do you know who the God and Father of Jesus Christ is?

His name is Jehovah. The Bible states: "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalm 83:18) Yes, Jehovah is God Almighty. (Genesis 17:1) Is Jesus equal to God, as some teach? No, as Jesus himself taught this: "The Father is greater than I am."—John 14:28.

That being said, if anyone reading this would like to learn more about Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ, I'm going to link a brochure just below that can help:

- Good News From God! (Answers to common Bible questions).

WHY ARE YOU SHY TO POST THE RIGHT NAME OF YOUR WEBSITE? grin grin
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by MikeJos: 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hmm? Bingbagbo, the title of the brochure I linked is "Good News From God!" This brochure is located on the jw.org website. JW.org is the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by osile2012: 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
[size=15pt]Interesting [/size]
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by chucky101(m): 11:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Jesus is I Am. He is whoever you need him to be at whatsoever time.
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by MightySparrow: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2015
paul288yahoo:
both

Correct, very correct.

As the creator and sustenance of life, God; as a covenant partner, brother, as the groom , husband, as the the ancient of days, everlasting Father.

We have fourfolld relationship with Him.
Re: Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? by paul288yahoo(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2015
MightySparrow:

Correct, very correct.

As the creator and sustenance of life, God; as a covenant partner, brother, as the groom , husband, as the the ancient of days, everlasting Father.

We have fourfolld relationship with Him.
true..very few folks relate to Him as brother .....

(1) (Reply)

The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. / Gay Marriage; Bishop T. D Jakes Speaks... / False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.