Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! (64796 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Can You Marry A Lady That Has Cohabited With Another Man? / Girls Who Cohabited In The University (jwonder's Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by martyns303(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mathematical:

Realty? Seriously that's sweet.if ya claim story suffice close to truth.almost every girl dream to have a caring and responsible guy as you're.. but here's the question mark? How sure are yu that she loves you?.. believe me we ladies can fake love for years if the cake got lots of icing wink1st you're getting irresponsible by attaching ya finance much on her than giving her way to cut down her expenses . ain't giving any advice, just weighing out option.. find a way to get yasef back, having seperate apartment ,then save for the dry days

Thanks for your comment, I have no doubt about her love for me, and even if there where I have no regrets. She had been there for me during my uni days since I got in before her and she had really helped me build 2 successful career. So am not being stupid, I owe her a lot.

About the moving, am moving out in 2-3 months, we just need to find a way to really cut down on expenses

7 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by SAMBARRY: 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
Bottom line

If them born you well type amen tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
you're a good man! this's why i don't like when pple looking down on those cohabiting. how can anyone conclude someone like your gf has no value? it's just the situation you've found yourselves in. that said, you're really trying shocked shocked shocked!!! you're not even her husband yet and you're paying for her housing, rent, transportation, giving her money to spend, chaii. have you been doing all these for the 4 yrs you've been together?? shocked shocked shocked. you didn't even hv to move in with her. you could've found a way to pay your own rent alone but you moved in to actually help her .

since you've cut back on your expenses and still short on money, the only other solution is to generate more income. money won't suddenly appear out of nowhere. idk if she has ever worked, since you've been giving her money, i doubt it. she should look for a part-time job now to help out. unless you want to get a second job, up to you.

martyns303:
I wanted to open a topic to discuss similar issue but since there is one already, I would like to talk about it here.

OP please don't be angry, let me use this opportunity.

Am in this situation right now. My GF of 4yrs is in her final year, she stays off campus and pays N150,000 annually. I paid for the place and help set it up as in furnitures to electronics, she practically have everything.

I also have my own place, a self contain, very big and spacious, am also paying N150,000 annually, I am a graduate, I don't have a job yet but I make do on the side, am currently on a course and I know once am done a job is not far fetched.

The problem now is my rents had expired, mine expires 3 months before hers, instead of digging out N300,000 to pay for both of us, one of us had to move in with the other as we have other things that will require expenses. She can't move in with me because my place is far from her school and will require around N500 everyday for transport, so I decided to move in with her. It wasn't an easy move, beside overcoming the social thoughts from people like the OP, we also incured a lot of bills doing the actual moving, as she had to move her stuffs to her family home, while I moved my stuffs into her place.

We both know it is inappropriate to be living together when we are not married, but we just had to make do. This is her second semester in final and I am most likely to leave the country in 3 months too.

Now here is where I need advice from matured NLs, by matured I mean people who actually take responsibility for themselves and maybe others. I am in my late 20's and I intend marrying this beautiful woman of mine, but a few things have changed on our financial expenses since I moved in. Prior me moving in, I give her around N7,000 per week, I know the next question will be what of her parents, she was raised by a single parent (mom) dad is late and the mom really tried. Now I am spending close to N3500 per day, I asked her how we can cut down on expenses, and we came up with a plan, we bought all the food items we need, filled the gas and every corner where money may go in, then I gave her N30,000 as our feeding for the month, but am still making expenses that are fast draining my pocket.

She is very disciplined, I think we just both don't know how to manage ourselves yet, I would really appreciate advice from married and single NLs who have been in my shoes to please help me with advice, because I believe we may soon be having financial issues, and once there are financial issues in a relationship other things may follow.

12 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Mathematical(f): 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
martyns303:

Thanks for your comment, I have no doubt about her love for me, and even if there where I have no regrets. She had been there for me during my uni days since I got in before her and she had really helped me build 2 successful career. So am not being stupid, I owe her a lot.

About the moving, am moving out in 2-3 months, we just need to find a way to really cut down on expenses

Be careful tho

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
aflyingbird:
they hv no value ? by the way u shouldn't be talking . for someone who had her first child out of wedlock and terminated her second whom she called an "unplanned assignment ", u shouldn't be talking

quietBITCH! you don't have to talk when I speak!you get that?clumsy 4kface.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
foolish ho and babykiller with no self-respect , u don't want to engage in name calling unless u want to cry. i can give u a big whooping if that's what you're looking for. don't start what u can't finish, then again, you're used to it ! bwahaha

shadowgwalker:

11 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by sevantex(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Another veri pained OP ventin his "no-babe" furstrations on women...,If u don't wanna pay bride price, kip lookin for babes dt wuld marry u for free or U leave ppl"s problems alone nd focus on enjoyin ur life.

10 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
That's nonsense of the highest order. You leave your parents house to school only to go and start actin like a wife to a guy your parents don't know, you eventually get pregnant and start aborting your babies for someone not mentally ready for anything in life tongue
After the guy must have used you left right and center, he dumps your sorry ass after school then you will come and start shouting guys are bad? No! It's you that is foolish cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
zeb04:
you are right but why are you angry about it!

Did all the Emeke/musa/kunle chop your sister for free without paying a dime on her head?

You are wrong! Far from it...I'm just saying my mind! cool

6 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
classicB:
That's nonsense of the highest order. You leave your parents house to school only to go and start actin like a wife to a guy your parents don't know, you eventually get pregnant and start aborting your babies for someone not mentally ready for anything in life tongue
After the guy must have used you left right and center, he dumps your sorry ass after school then you will come and start shouting guys are bad? No! It's you that is foolish cool
Thanks for the observation wink

6 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
shadowgwalker:
Please leave that gurl! She doesn't worth the hassle!

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
sevantex:
Another veri pained OP ventin his "no-babe" furstrations on women...,If u don't wanna pay bride price, kip lookin for babes dt wuld marry u for free or U leave ppl"s problems alone nd focus on enjoyin ur life.
Ignorance is surely a disease!!!

4 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Moana(f): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
I have never cohabitted because i love my personal space but honestly i dont know cohabiting gives people like the OP sleepless nights undecided firstly its her body, if she wants free regular sex its really her vagina getting it...not yours, your mother's or your sister's.

Everybody has the freedom to live their life in anyway they deem fit, provided that she doesnt harm anyone else in the process

11 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
Moana:
I have never cohabitted because i love my personal space but honestly i dont know cohabiting gives people like the OP sleepless nights undecided firstly its her body, if she wants free regular sex its really her vagina getting it...not yours, your mother's or your sister's.

Everybody has the freedom to live their life in anyway they deem fit, provided that she doesnt harm anyone else in the process
...and I didn't stop anyone from cohabiting. I only expressed my opinion! This is democracy and there's freedom of speech!!! Whoever that is not comfortable with it should drown himself/herself!!!

12 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Moana(f): 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Moana(f): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
...and I didn't stop anyone from cohabiting. I only expressed my opinion! This is democracy and there's freedom of speech!!! Whoever that is not comfortable with it should drown himself/herself!!!
this is all our african men have to provide to society... Not even ideas to eliminate porverty or decreasing the unemployment rate in our countries. undecided cry

10 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Moana:
this is all our african men have to provide to society... Not even ideas to eliminate porverty or decreasing the unemployment rate in our countries. undecided cry
...and so? When has it become the sole duty of a man to eradicate poverty? Can't you as a woman think of ways to eradicate poverty? !!! Except you want to tell me that women's brains work below capacity cool

12 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Moana(f): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
...and so? When has it become the sole duty of a man to eradicate poverty? Can't you as a woman think of ways to eradicate poverty? !!! Except you want to tell me that women's brains work below capacity cool
i never said its solely a man's duty, but as people who like to call themselves "the heads" you are doing a pretty lousy job at it. This thread, a perfect example smiley wink

15 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
Moana:
i never said its solely a man's duty, but as people who like to call themselves "the heads" you are doing a pretty lousy job at it. This thread, a perfect example smiley wink
Who cares? I don't give a fvck about ur opinion!!!

5 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
grin grin it would be nice to see you giveaway your sisters for free

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Moana(f): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
Who cares? I don't give a fvck about ur opinion!!!
truth hurts

6 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Viogu:
grin grin it would be nice to see you giveaway your sisters for free
Here comes one of them!
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
Op is so funny. grin

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Chinum: 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
I often wonder where Nigerian youths copied this nonsense from because even students in universities in America, Asia and Europe do not engage in this trashy act as we do over here!!! Yet, we still call them agents of immorality?

I just feel, deep within my heart, that girls who cohabit or cohabited in the university do not desrve any dime as bride price paid on them! They should just follow their would-be husband to his house, free of charge and continue where they stopped in school!

!

I dey tell U my brother. Also boys that cohabited while in school deserve well brought-up virgins as their wives.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Chinum: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
I often wonder where Nigerian youths copied this nonsense from because even students in universities in America, Asia and Europe do not engage in this trashy act as we do over here!!! Yet, we still call them agents of immorality?

I just feel, deep within my heart, that girls who cohabit or cohabited in the university do not desrve any dime as bride price paid on them! They should just follow their would-be husband to his house, free of charge and continue where they stopped in school!

!

I dey tell U my brother. Also boys that cohabited while in school deserve well brought-up virgins as their wives.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Trottle: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
takoi:

What right do you have to judge anybody? What's your business with any woman's bride price. My good guess is that you are gay and you will never ever have to pay anybody's bride price.
Crawl back to your hole, you are not making sense.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by martyns303(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
aflyingbird:
you're a good man! this's why i don't like when pple looking down on those cohabiting. how can anyone conclude someone like your gf has no value? it's just the situation you've found yourselves in. that said, you're really trying shocked shocked shocked!!! you're not even her husband yet and you're paying for her housing, rent, transportation, giving her money to spend, chaii. have you been doing all these for the 4 yrs you've been together?? shocked shocked shocked. you didn't even hv to move in with her. you could've found a way to pay your own rent alone but you moved in to actually help her .

since you've cut back on your expenses and still short on money, the only other solution is to generate more income. money won't suddenly appear out of nowhere. idk if she has ever worked, since you've been giving her money, i doubt it. she should look for a part-time job now to help out. unless you want to get a second job, up to you.

Thanks for your comment, about my expenses on her, I have no regrets whatsoever. We have both made sacrifices for each other. I have found that, either way people will talk, if I were not doing the things am doing, the story would have been. " look at a girl that was there for him, and today he doesn't care about her".

About her starting a business, we have talked about it, she wanted to buy shoes and be selling to her course mates and other people, which will be easier for her kind of person, as she is very very lively and really likeable. She have a friend who goes to a neighboring country to buy stuffs like that and wants to go with her. The problem is my GF is not that kind of strong person to bear active stresses, she appears to be agile on the outside but at the end of the day she falls really sick and I have to baby sit her or she goes home to her mom.

She really wants to do this business to help, am just concerned for her.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by ireneidiva(f): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
Yeah, I have shifted...and from such disgraceful women!
The guys are not 'disgraceful' guys?

10 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Trottle: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
aflyingbird:
I don't agree with cohabitation of any sort and have never done it nor will I ever do it. But to say a person loses their value because of it, really? If that's the extent if your education then I pity you. Some idi000ts here, even the females, are agreeing with the op. Too much ignorance and mediocre education is ruining Nigeria!
If the parent of either party as an average Nigerian found their child engaging in such what would be their reply? this should give you the answer. You schooled in some "non mediocre" place does not make you Albert Einstein automatically. Stop the "famzing". undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Trottle: 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
U call them idio.ts because they didn't buy ur opinion? I pity u!
Abi O. So much for a person like with "non mediocre" education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
ireneidiva:

The guys are not 'disgraceful' guys?
On the part of the guys, it is a disgraceful act too but who packed to who's house? The girl must have packed her things to the guy's house and not the other way round!

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Trottle: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
classicB:

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Chinese Man Finds Out His Twin Babies Have Two Different Fathers After DNA Test / Hilarious Photos Of Babies Who Didn't Want Their Shots Taken! / Photos Of Hot Mother And Her Baby Got Instagram Users Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.