Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! (1988 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / Another Proof That Jesus Christ Is Not An Angel!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2015

In Matthew 28:19,
Jesus gave the apostles and us a direct command to go, teach, and baptize converts. Since He gave this command, baptism is important and necessary.

Jesus instructed us to baptize "in the[b] name[/b] of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." In other words, He told us to baptize in the name (singular) that fully reveals God in His redemptive manifestations and work.

The name given to the Son of God was Jesus. "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).

Jesus was a genuine human being, born by the miraculous work of God's Spirit in the womb of a virgin, and thus[b] He was literally the Son of God (Luke 1:35).[/b] He was more than a man, however; He was actually the one God manifested in the flesh (Colossians 2:9). He was the visible image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15).

As such Jesus declared, "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive" (John 5:43). In other words, t[b]he Father is made known to us by the name of Jesus. [/b]The Father, the one true invisible God, gave His name to the Son (the manifestation of God in flesh)l thus the Son received His name by inheritance (Hebrews 1:4).

The name Jesus literally means "Jehovah Savior." Jehovah was the unique name by which the one true God identified Himself to Israel in the Old Testament. The name Jesus describes the one God of the Old Testament coming in flesh to be our Savior. Thus the name of Jesus reveals both the Father and the Son.

What about the Holy Ghost? What name reveals God in His spiritual essence and action? Jesus said, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26). In other words, the Holy Spirit comes to us in the name of Jesus. The Holy Spirit does not come to us with a separate identity but is the Spirit of Jesus-Jesus Himself coming to dwell within us spiritually (John 14:16-18; Colossians 1:27).

In short, the supreme name that reveals God-the name by which we know the Father, Son and Holy Ghost-is Jesus. By invoking the name of Jesus, then, we fulfill the command of Matthew 28:19.

How did the apostles obey the command Jesus gave to them in Matthew 28:19? On the Day of Pentecost, sinners asked the question, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" (Acts 2:37). The apostle Peter gave them the answer: "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38). This verse reveals that the apostles baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and that baptism is for the remission of sins.

Paul later wrote, "No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost" (I Corinthians 12"3).

When Philip preached the gospel in Samaria, those who believed "were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus (Acts 8:16).

When a group of Gentiles received the Holy Spirit, Peter asked, "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord" (Acts 10:47-48).

Paul rebaptized the disciples of John at Ephesus in the name of Jesus. "He said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 19:3-5).

learly the early church baptized everyone—Jews, Samaritans, and Gentiles—in the name of Jesus. How does this practice harmonize with Matthew 28:19? First, Matthew 28:19 "in the name" not "in the names" or "in the titles or offices of God." The name that Matthew 28:19 describes is Jesus. So the apostles correctly understood converts in the name of Jesus.

The Bible does not say that we are baptized into three different persons, but it says we are "baptized into Jesus Christ" (Romans 6:3-4). Specifically, we are "buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead" (Colossians 2:12).

The apostles understood that Jesus was the redemptive name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. They did not merely repeat those three titles, but they invoked the name to which those titles referred. The other preachers in the New Testament church, such as Philip, Ananias, and Paul, adhered to the same baptismal formula.

There are no contradictions in the Word of God. The New Testament teaches that we must be baptized "in the name" of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, and the name we are to invoke at baptism is Jesus.

JESUS BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by Maamin(m): 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
Jesus is different from the father undecided

John 20:17 "17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, [size=16pt]I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."[/size]

You can now say something new @Op. *sips holy communion wine*

Next!

2 Likes

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by CAPTIVATOR: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mr Op ... Go and vomit that heresy

Whom did Jesus prayed to ? Or are u saying he is just a pretender ?

2 Likes

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
Maamin:

John 20:17 "17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, [size=16pt]I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."[/size]

Next!

Colossians 1:16

16 For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.

cool cool
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

2 Corinthians 3:5-6

5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

WE ARE TALKING RHEMA , YOU ARE HERE TALKING LOGOS lipsrsealed
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by Maamin(m): 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

Colossians 1:16

16 For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.

cool cool

Hebrews 1:1-2 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, [size=14pt]whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;[/size]"

No amount of twisting of the scripture can make Jesus the same person as the Father

*sips more holy communion wine* cool cool

Do you still have more verses? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Maamin:

Hebrews 1:1-2 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, [size=14pt]whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;[/size]"

No amount of twisting of the scripture can make Jesus the same person as the Father

*sips more holy communion wine* cool cool

Do you still have more verses? cool

Isaiah 26:19

Your dead shall live;Together with my dead body they shall arise.Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust;For your dew is like the dew of herbs,And the earth shall cast out the dead.

God's dead body?
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by CAPTIVATOR: 6:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

2 Corinthians 3:5-6

5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

WE ARE TALKING RHEMA , YOU ARE HERE TALKING LOGOS lipsrsealed

U dont know the answer to that question ?
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

1 Corinthians 1:24

but unto those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ, the power of YHWH and the wisdom of YHWH.
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by CAPTIVATOR: 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

but unto those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ, the power of YHWH and the wisdom of YHWH.

I felt like weeping for you ryt nw

1 Like

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Luke 23:28

Jesus turned and said to them, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by Ifeann(f): 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
Maamin:

Next!

The op is probably an ignorant muslim

1 Like

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ifeann:

The op is an ignorant muslim

Acts 5:41

And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by Maamin(m): 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

Isaiah 26:19

Your dead shall live;Together with my dead body they shall arise.Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust;For your dew is like the dew of herbs,And the earth shall cast out the dead.

God's dead body?

*Sips last of holy communion wine and burps*

Enhem! What do we have here..oh! I see grin

First of all God the father i.e Yahweh does not die or have no point in time was he recorded to have died, which we all know that.

Now reading Isaiah 26:19 alone will not make that verse clear..so my fellow readers including you bingbagbo should start reading from verse 1 of that chapter 26 or better yet start from chapter 25 and read all the way through 26. You will notice that someone was praying to his Lord concerning himself and his people cool

Finally this verse tells us God can never cease to exist: wink
Psalm 90:2 "2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."

So young man..that verse you quoted up there is not saying that Yahweh(God the father) died.

*belges*

Try another verse again. cool

2 Likes

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by Maamin(m): 7:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ifeann:

The op is an ignorant muslim

Dont worry By the special grace of God I got him covered.. wink

1 Like

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Maamin:

*Sips last of holy communion wine and burps*

Enhem! What do we have here..oh! I see grin

First of all God the father i.e Yahweh does not die or have no point in time was he recorded to have died, which we all know that.

Now reading Isaiah 26:19 alone will not make that verse clear..so my fellow readers including you bingbagbo should start reading from verse 1 of that chapter 26 or better yet start from chapter 25 and read all the way through 26. You will notice that someone was praying to his Lord concerning himself and his people cool

Finally this verse tells us God can never cease to exist: wink
Psalm 90:2 "2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."

So young man..that verse you quoted up there is not saying that Yahweh(God the father) died.

*belges*

Try another verse again. cool

Zechariah 12:10

“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

when was GOD pierced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by Maamin(m): 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

when was GOD pierced

Awww..not this verse again!

Ok, now we all know that when Christ was suffering on the cross he prayed to someone in Heaven which is no doubt Yahweh his father, so God(Yahweh) is not the one on the cross that got pierced physically wink

Zech 12 :10 does not literally says that God(Yahweh) gan gan was pierced, No!...Jesus was physically pierced on the cross, however Jesus is filled with the fullness of God in him in which everything he does replicate his father doing it, same way is anything done to him apparently replicates doing exactly to the father. For example many angels have been reported in old testament as God himself for example Samson's parent saw an angel, but they were like "we are going to die for we have seen God"....Jacob was said to have wrestle with God but not really God himself but an Angel which was made clear in (Hosea 12:1-5) .

Finally that verse Zech 12:10 is a future prophecy by the prophet Zechariah telling what he has heard from the Lord, so we cant even say because prophet Zechy was speaking Gods revelation then he is the one being pierced since he is the one responsible here.

In case you are not convinced fully enough you can oblige.

*men am thirsty* smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by ayoku777(m): 12:34am On Apr 13, 2015
bingbagbo:

Jesus and the Father are not the same person.

Here are some scriptures that show that;

Daniel 7v13 -I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like THE SON OF MAN came with clouds of heaven, and came to THE ANCIENT OF DAYS, and they brought Him near before Him.

In this verse; Is the Son of man (Jesus) the same person as the ancient of days (the Father)? Was Jesus brought before Himself? Or the person brought is different from the person before who He was brought?

Clearly, the Son of man (Jesus) is not the Ancient of Days (the Father). Jesus was not brought before Himself.

Another verse;

Matthew 27v46 -And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, ...My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Is the person forsaking the same person with the one forsaken? Did Jesus forsake Himself?

Ofcourse not! The person forsaken (Jesus) is different from the person forsaking (The Father). Jesus didn't forsake Himself.

Another verse;

Acts 7v55 -But he (Stephen), being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God.

Stephen here looked into heaven and saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

Was Jesus standing beside Himself in heaven? Is the Jesus standing on the right hand of God the same person as the God on the left hand of Jesus?

Its obvious, Jesus is not standing beside Himself in heaven. The person standing (Jesus) is different from the person beside whom He was standing (the Father).

Another verse;

1Corinthians 11v3 -But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

This sciptures says; the head of the woman is the man; the head of the man is Christ; and the head of Christ is God.

Is the woman and her head (man) the same person? Is the man and his head (Christ) the same person? Is Christ and His head (The Father) the same person?

Clearly, Christ and His head (the Father) are not the same person; anymore than man and his head (Christ) are the same person.

Jesus is not the same person with the Father.

Jesus is El Gibbowr (Mighty God) but He also has an El Elyon (MostHigh God) above Him.

Jesus is Everlasting Father but He also has an Abba Father above Him.

Jesus is Head but He has a Head also

Jesus is the creator of all things; but He Himself was begotten.

Jesus is the God with a God; the Father with a Father; the Head with a Head; and the creator that was begotten.

Jesus and the person He called "My God" (Rev 3v12) are not the same person.

Jesus and the person He called "My Father" (John 20v17) are not the same person.

Jesus and the person who begat Him (John 3v16) are not the same person.

And Jesus and "His Head" (1Cor 11v3) are not the same person.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by RikoduoSennin(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
bingbagbo:

“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and [/b]they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child[/b], and grieve bitterly for[b] him as one grieves for a firstborn son[/b].

See bold section:

Who will they mourn for?

Who will they grieve for?

Why use "HIM" instead of "ME", When just before that "Me" was used?

bingbagbo:

when was GOD pierced

The right Question is, How was YHWH pierced?

Note, YHWH is a spirit always.
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by thisismike(m): 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
Jesus Christ is God.
This is the gospel and the key fact that made Christianity different from Islam.

Is.9:6- unto us a son is given and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace...

#may God gv us understanding

1 Like

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by kay1one2(m): 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
Jesus is the Son of God. A voice from heaven said after His baptism; "this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased"! And the "Holy Spirit descended on Him in the form of a dove"!
That was the only time the Trinity showed up at the same time on earth. Clearly shows there were three separate Persons in the Trinity!
@op waec certificate doesn't equate to common sense! If you even have one!
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by Maamin(m): 4:00am On Apr 16, 2015
thisismike:
Jesus Christ is God.
This is the gospel and the key fact that made Christianity different from Islam.

Is.9:6- unto us a son is given and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace...

#may God gv us understanding

yes but Jesus is not the same person as Yahweh.
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by ComradeAbu(m): 6:09am On Apr 16, 2015
Jesus Christ was Never the Son of God nor was/is God. he is a Messenger of God sent to the Children of Israel Only. Please ponder over and over again before you quote me
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 4:23am On Dec 31, 2015
Amen
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by omasco92(m): 6:08am On Dec 31, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Open your eye and ear... please study with dictionary.

Mark 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

1Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by omasco92(m): 6:10am On Dec 31, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Open your eyes
and ear... please study with dictionary.

Mark 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

1Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by omasco92(m): 6:12am On Dec 31, 2015
Maamin:

Next!
CAPTIVATOR:

Open your eyes

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by omasco92(m): 6:19am On Dec 31, 2015
Maamin:

Next!
CAPTIVATOR:

Open your eyes

What nest?
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by omasco92(m): 6:23am On Dec 31, 2015
bingbagbo:

when was GOD pierced
CAPTIVATOR:

Open your eyes

1 Like

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by omasco92(m): 6:28am On Dec 31, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

CAPTIVATOR:

Open your eyes

Jesus is God.
Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by omasco92(m): 6:30am On Dec 31, 2015
Maamin:

Awww..not this verse again!

Ok, now we all know that when Christ was suffering on the cross he prayed to someone in Heaven which is no doubt Yahweh his father, so God(Yahweh) is not the one on the cross that got pierced physically wink

Zech 12 :10 does not literally says that God(Yahweh) gan gan was pierced, No!...Jesus was physically pierced on the cross, however Jesus is filled with the fullness of God in him in which everything he does replicate his father doing it, same way is anything done to him apparently replicates doing exactly to the father. For example many angels have been reported in old testament as God himself for example Samson's parent saw an angel, but they were like "we are going to die for we have seen God"....Jacob was said to have wrestle with God but not really God himself but an Angel which was made clear in (Hosea 12:1-5) .

Finally that verse Zech 12:10 is a future prophecy by the prophet Zechariah telling what he has heard from the Lord, so we cant even say because prophet Zechy was speaking Gods revelation then he is the one being pierced since he is the one responsible here.

In case you are not convinced fully enough you can oblige.

*men am thirsty* smiley
Jesus is God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2015
omasco92:
Jesus is God

Jesus bless you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Canaanland Is A Bad Name For Winners Chapel / Pope Francis To Be Arrested For Child Trafficking & Homicide / Lying Evangelicals On Trump's Re - Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.